Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    GM17961 said:
    Horos said:
    GM17961 said:
    Anyone that got the vault know if there was supposed to be a download code for the album included?
    I don't think they ever do.
    I thought they did with Lazaretto.  Kind of sucks to spend $60 on an album and not get a download.
    No, they never offer a download code with the Vault. I understand why. It's not like it's hard to find a free download anyhow (I'm sure plenty of folks will be happy to give you their code from the regular version). Or just stream it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I like get in the Mindshaft. I hear Those Shoes by the Eagles in it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    The Beefheart Vault is the first one I've opted out of since I started subscribing at Vault 22. I tried to listen on YouTube, and I'm pretty sure I didn't make it 5 minutes.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
    The Beefheart Vault is the first one I've opted out of since I started subscribing at Vault 22. I tried to listen on YouTube, and I'm pretty sure I didn't make it 5 minutes.
    I tried as well. Think I'm out on this one.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    JK_Livin said:

"Bulbous also Tapered"!!

you need to drink about 12 beers and listen to it 2 times thru before it makes sense.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    lolobugg said:
    JK_Livin said:

"Bulbous also Tapered"!!

you need to drink about 12 beers and listen to it 2 times thru before it makes sense.

I realize not all music is for everyone. That said, i truly don't think there's any making sense of Trout Mask Replica...... Unless you're starting with "this is what happens when you take a shit ton of acid and get recorded by zappa."  I've listened to this going back to my days in the early 2000s with my art school-attending buddies in Detroit.  Even they admitted putting this album on was just a way for them out-weird each other.  It is what it is.  If someone likes this, then great.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I opted out of the Beefheart vault. Just too expensive for something that will probably get a regular release. In hindsight I should have opted out of the last vault.
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Jack is on SNL tonight!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    That Connected By Love rendition was pure friggin gold!!!

TY for posting!!!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited April 2018
    Free Jack White show at TMR Cass Corridor tonight if you’re one of the first 200 Vault members to arrive.

https://thirdmanstore.com/thevault/home/show/last-minute-call-to-the-tm-army
    kasedoug said:
    Free Jack White show at TMR Cass Corridor tonight if you’re one of the first 200 Vault members to arrive.

I'll wait for Saturday's show in Grand Rapids!!!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    kasedoug said:

that's def cool. see you guys shouldn't have let your Vault membership lapse because of Captain Beefheart.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• RoeDawg13RoeDawg13 Posts: 246
    lolobugg said:
    kasedoug said:

that's def cool. see you guys shouldn't have let your Vault membership lapse because of Captain Beefheart.
    I was under the impression if you cancelled the auto-renewal that you're still good till the end of the quarter. I'm nowhere near the venue so it doesn't matter to me either way but if you cancelled, I think you're still good to get in
    I am wired and fading...
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    RoeDawg13 said:
    lolobugg said:
    kasedoug said:

I was under the impression if you cancelled the auto-renewal that you're still good till the end of the quarter. I'm nowhere near the venue so it doesn't matter to me either way but if you cancelled, I think you're still good to get in
    That should be the case, but I don't think it is.  
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    edited April 2018
    CJ260717 said:
    RoeDawg13 said:
    lolobugg said:
    kasedoug said:

It was the case. If you showed up with your 2018 challenge coin from the boarding house reach vault, you were all good to get in. 
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    Damn. I thought my renewal date was the end of the month. I got charged last night. If anyone wants this package at a discounted price, let me know.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Gtilley8 said:
    CJ260717 said:
    RoeDawg13 said:
    lolobugg said:
    kasedoug said:

It was the case. If you showed up with your 2018 challenge coin from the boarding house reach vault, you were all good to get in. 
    This time is the case, but in general if you cancel early, you miss out on any TM stuff that might pop up.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Album is growing on me....still some throw away songs however... too many really.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Saw his show in Detroit last night; thought it was great! I had only seen him with the Raconteurs (my favorite of his groups) in the past, and they pretty much stuck to Raconteurs songs, so I didn't know if this would be mostly solo material. He played a lot of solo material, but did have a real nice mix of songs from his entire catalog. 

Personal highlights were when he brought his mom out to sing on a polka version of Hotel Yorba and when they played Carolina Drama. I've always thought Carolina Drama was probably the best thing he's written but didn't even want to get my hopes up that he might play that last track of the Rac's 2nd album... nearly lost my mind when he started it. 

Was interesting, too, because everyone's phones were bagged for the show. Did you know there no clocks in Little Caeser's Arena, lol? If you didn't have a 'dumb watch' you were one of the people in the bathroom calling out "What time is it??" lol.  There was a moment towards the end of the show where i looked around and noticed how dark the stands were without lights from everyone's devices. Those that brought lighters, and there weren't that many, were back in 90's-and earlier concert-going glory! I can get the point and see where,like he and Chappelle, are going with locking phones, but it also takes away the chance of taking pictures with your friends at the event or even on the concourse. Oh well, we all lived. Was a great time! 

Saw his show in Detroit last night; thought it was great! I had only seen him with the Raconteurs (my favorite of his groups) in the past, and they pretty much stuck to Raconteurs songs, so I didn't know if this would be mostly solo material. He played a lot of solo material, but did have a real nice mix of songs from his entire catalog. 

Personal highlights were when he brought his mom out to sing on a polka version of Hotel Yorba and when they played Carolina Drama. I've always thought Carolina Drama was probably the best thing he's written but didn't even want to get my hopes up that he might play that last track of the Rac's 2nd album... nearly lost my mind when he started it. 

Was interesting, too, because everyone's phones were bagged for the show. Did you know there no clocks in Little Caeser's Arena, lol? If you didn't have a 'dumb watch' you were one of the people in the bathroom calling out "What time is it??" lol.  There was a moment towards the end of the show where i looked around and noticed how dark the stands were without lights from everyone's devices. Those that brought lighters, and there weren't that many, were back in 90's-and earlier concert-going glory! I can get the point and see where,like he and Chappelle, are going with locking phones, but it also takes away the chance of taking pictures with your friends at the event or even on the concourse. Oh well, we all lived. Was a great time! 

looks like a pretty good setlist. making me want to go see him again.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-white/2018/little-caesars-arena-detroit-mi-33ecd0a9.html

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Saw his show in Detroit last night; thought it was great! I had only seen him with the Raconteurs (my favorite of his groups) in the past, and they pretty much stuck to Raconteurs songs, so I didn't know if this would be mostly solo material. He played a lot of solo material, but did have a real nice mix of songs from his entire catalog. 

Thanks for the review!

Take a pic before you go in with your friends?  Problem solved!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Nice. I'd happily take that set.
    Was there a poster for last nights show???
    10-16-2014 Detroit

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    I like it
    Looks Like Rob Jones

Thanks! That's awesome!
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Looks Like Rob Jones
    Poster is by Matthew Jacobson, who did Jack's 2015 Vegas scratch off poster.
    kasedoug said:
    Looks Like Rob Jones
    Poster is by Matthew Jacobson, who did Jack's 2015 Vegas scratch off poster.
    He does everything for  Jack White in Blue, black and white too?