what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    So OffSheGoes35...if your Partner confides in you...that means you're being obsessive???...because that's "EXACTLY" what you said...
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    I'm sorry about the joke, that doesn't really start a good discussion.

I wouldn't like it if my partner confided in someone else. Did you ask her why she was doing that?
    I'm sorry about the joke, that doesn't really start a good discussion.

I wouldn't like it if my partner confided in someone else. Did you ask her why she was doing that?

The Joke I can handle...I'm Australian we like sarcasm and Jokes...just the rest of the part which was really uncalled for...

I did call her up on it...but She couldn't give me a Straight answer...it just really hurt me...because your Partner shouldn't be treating you that way...

I have had partners who didn't confide in me so much. It does really hurt when you aren't the go-to confidant with the person who means the most to you. I just hope that you can keep up the search until you find someone with whom you can share that kind of intimacy. Are you going to be okay?
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    Do you think there's anything you can do - for your own sake - to let some of this go?  I ask only because you've mentioned it many times recently, and I know how toxic it can be to cling to personal baggage vs. finding a way to release it...to set yourself free of its weight, even bit by bit.  I hope you can find that place, and more importantly, your peace.
    Thank you for your advice Hedo...it took me awhile to realise it...it's not easy I mean at the time you try to ignore it and push it to the side...I mean She didn't even get me a Birthday Present last year...and on top of this talking to some Guy behind my back about an important Exam and yet not me...and messaging that same Guy while we're having romantic time together...I suppose I got my answer then doesn't make it easy though...
    I'm with Hedo, I don't think bringing it up here and cross-posting on multiple threads is healthy for you. I understand you're trying to process the breakdown of this relationship but I don't think rehashing all the ways she mistreated you is going to help you move on. Clearly you're better off without her and you know that now, so don't let her take up so much of your headspace
    Thank you for your Good advice...it's actually helped me a lot...I just can't believe I was stupid enough to be Fooled by her...
    Love often makes people do stupid things. It's a fact for billions of people. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

You mean even if it means being used...strung along and being played for a fool?

I know what you mean...and ok I will try...it's not easy though...thanks for your kind words :)

Yes, even then. It's not a crime to let love blind you to some mistreatment. It's called wearing rose coloured glasses and/or ignoring red flags, and lots of people fall victim to this. I know I have. It's just human of you. The good thing is that with each mistake like this, you learn a lesson and bring it into your next relationship. Every relationship is a learning experience. So just think of it like that, and maybe you won't feel so bad. :) Seriously, stop beating yourself up about it. She's the one who did something wrong, not you!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    Dude, she made a joke and then asked a legit question respectfully.  It seems unfair to put your reaction on her.

Based on the many posts you've made about your ex, perhaps you tend to dwell on certain things, words, actions?  All of this could be a wonderful opportunity to learn about yourself.

Just a friendly suggestion.

I appreciate your input Hedo...but it seemed to put a mockery on it...I mean how would She like it if her Partner confided in some one else about a Serious matter???

So having your Partner confide in you instead of someone else is being obsessive???...wtf???...and that's a Serious Question?

To be totally serious... I don't know how jealous you were before she spoke to someone else about an exam, but word to the wise: a woman can confide in whomever she likes, and women have more than one reason to confide in someone other than their partner, and most of them are not nefarious reasons. Perhaps you had a good reason to not trust her, and it sounds like it was a bad relationship either way, but the way you're hung up on her talking to another person about something... I just hope you're not going to carry this to future relationships, where you think your GF can't confide in other people when she sees fit, particularly when it's not something personal and confidential... you know, like an exam. Doing that and being unfaithful are often two very different things. It is NEVER good in a relationship when someone starts feeling possessive. 
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    .... one more day in....hell
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited April 2018
    What to have to eat...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    Do you think there's anything you can do - for your own sake - to let some of this go?  I ask only because you've mentioned it many times recently, and I know how toxic it can be to cling to personal baggage vs. finding a way to release it...to set yourself free of its weight, even bit by bit.  I hope you can find that place, and more importantly, your peace.
    Thank you for your advice Hedo...it took me awhile to realise it...it's not easy I mean at the time you try to ignore it and push it to the side...I mean She didn't even get me a Birthday Present last year...and on top of this talking to some Guy behind my back about an important Exam and yet not me...and messaging that same Guy while we're having romantic time together...I suppose I got my answer then doesn't make it easy though...
    I'm with Hedo, I don't think bringing it up here and cross-posting on multiple threads is healthy for you. I understand you're trying to process the breakdown of this relationship but I don't think rehashing all the ways she mistreated you is going to help you move on. Clearly you're better off without her and you know that now, so don't let her take up so much of your headspace
    Thank you for your Good advice...it's actually helped me a lot...I just can't believe I was stupid enough to be Fooled by her...
    Love often makes people do stupid things. It's a fact for billions of people. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

You mean even if it means being used...strung along and being played for a fool?

I know what you mean...and ok I will try...it's not easy though...thanks for your kind words :)

Yes, even then. It's not a crime to let love blind you to some mistreatment. It's called wearing rose coloured glasses and/or ignoring red flags, and lots of people fall victim to this. I know I have. It's just human of you. The good thing is that with each mistake like this, you learn a lesson and bring it into your next relationship. Every relationship is a learning experience. So just think of it like that, and maybe you won't feel so bad. :) Seriously, stop beating yourself up about it. She's the one who did something wrong, not you!
    Thank you for your great advice PJ_Soul I really appreciate it...very well said too :)
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    .... one more day in....hell
    Why bro??..if i may..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    I can't go on. Im waiting for dr to call. I really can't go on.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    ^^^You did the right thing by calling your doctor. Always always do that if you're feeling that way.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    The husband just mistook Van Halen for Led Zeppelin. I'm so embarrassed. Some music hipster he is. 
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    The husband just mistook Van Halen for Led Zeppelin. I'm so embarrassed. Some music hipster he is. 
    :open_mouth:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    Dude, she made a joke and then asked a legit question respectfully.  It seems unfair to put your reaction on her.

Based on the many posts you've made about your ex, perhaps you tend to dwell on certain things, words, actions?  All of this could be a wonderful opportunity to learn about yourself.

Just a friendly suggestion.

I appreciate your input Hedo...but it seemed to put a mockery on it...I mean how would She like it if her Partner confided in some one else about a Serious matter???

So having your Partner confide in you instead of someone else is being obsessive???...wtf???...and that's a Serious Question?

no, being obsessive is posting the same vague, possibly minor, details over and over and over again here. that's all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Could that be grounds for a Divorce>LOL>
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Actually, that seems like a defining characteristic of a music hipster.

And if he were to lower his standards enough to like one these bands, he'd have to do so ironically. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    cutz said:
    Could that be grounds for a Divorce>LOL>
    :lol: Good for at least a couple days on the sofa!
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Our hunt for a house, it's true what they say about moving house being one of life's most stressful experiences
  • GabrielleMGabrielleM Brazil Posts: 23
    26 minutes until I can go home and open the fridge to know that my life is worth
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
    EV SOLO (May 7th 2014) || SÃO PAULO (November 15th 2015) || BELO HORIZONTE (November 20th 2015) || LOLLAPALOOZA 2018 || EV SOLO (March 29th 2018)
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Ronaldo is so small person..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Gigi, you shouldn't have finished your career this way... You'll always be one of the greatest...

Forza bianconeri till next time!!!! :star:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't get how some people will allow, and even encourage, themselves to be bought.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Spring!!!  It’s quite late here, but I’ll take what I can get!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

Beautiful
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

I don’t get to see this where I live. Thank you for sharing. :)
    I have some to add here tomorrow spring has sprung here too
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I will take spring (or autumn or winter) over summer any day.  Aside from my nostalgic kid-memories, pffft to summer!

....or, in LA, pffft to the months of June to October =)

(Purple / lavender blooms coming here soon!  For some reason, their scent precedes their physical / visual presence, which in itself is...WOW.)