what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited April 2018
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    Do you think there's anything you can do - for your own sake - to let some of this go?  I ask only because you've mentioned it many times recently, and I know how toxic it can be to cling to personal baggage vs. finding a way to release it...to set yourself free of its weight, even bit by bit.  I hope you can find that place, and more importantly, your peace.
    Thank you for your advice Hedo...it took me awhile to realise it...it's not easy I mean at the time you try to ignore it and push it to the side...I mean She didn't even get me a Birthday Present last year...and on top of this talking to some Guy behind my back about an important Exam and yet not me...and messaging that same Guy while we're having romantic time together...I suppose I got my answer then doesn't make it easy though...
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Why would your Partner get another Guy a Birthday Present on the same day of his Birthday and yet get yours a week later?...the same guy who She claims is 'Funny' and who 'She likes'...also the same Guy who she spoke with about her exam behind my back???...also the same Guy she was messaging half of the time when we were having romantic time together...
    Do you think there's anything you can do - for your own sake - to let some of this go?  I ask only because you've mentioned it many times recently, and I know how toxic it can be to cling to personal baggage vs. finding a way to release it...to set yourself free of its weight, even bit by bit.  I hope you can find that place, and more importantly, your peace.
    Thank you for your advice Hedo...it took me awhile to realise it...it's not easy I mean at the time you try to ignore it and push it to the side...I mean She didn't even get me a Birthday Present last year...and on top of this talking to some Guy behind my back about an important Exam and yet not me...and messaging that same Guy while we're having romantic time together...I suppose I got my answer then doesn't make it easy though...
    I'm with Hedo, I don't think bringing it up here and cross-posting on multiple threads is healthy for you. I understand you're trying to process the breakdown of this relationship but I don't think rehashing all the ways she mistreated you is going to help you move on. Clearly you're better off without her and you know that now, so don't let her take up so much of your headspace
    edited April 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    I'm with Hedo, I don't think bringing it up here and cross-posting on multiple threads is healthy for you. I understand you're trying to process the breakdown of this relationship but I don't think rehashing all the ways she mistreated you is going to help you move on. Clearly you're better off without her and you know that now, so don't let her take up so much of your headspace
    Thank you for your Good advice...it's actually helped me a lot...I just can't believe I was stupid enough to be Fooled by her...
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited April 2018

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Better that than man-bitches?

Got a shitload rolling around in my noggin but it's ok, given the alternate.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Thank you for your Good advice...it's actually helped me a lot...I just can't believe I was stupid enough to be Fooled by her...
    Love often makes people do stupid things. It's a fact for billions of people. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Pj tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    dankind said:

LOL!!!

I don't even care what I was thinking about before entering this thread. 
    I was watching something earlier that made me think of my favorite scenes from my favorite dramas.

End scene from the series finale of Six Feet Under.
    Also SFU, David Fisher and his dad talking about life while the rain falls.
    Carmela Soprano calling out the priest, and the Renee Zellweiger mention.
    Ray Donovan dancing with his son to Walk This Way.
    The moment of realization from thirtysomething in the Christmas / Hanukkah episode, with Joni's "River" playing.

So much shit on TV nowadays makes me appreciate even more when such care and thought are put into these works.

Also and completely unrelated, my ultimate goal is to run an animal rescue.  C'mon, 401K!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    being in my 40's and realizing that I now watch many movies again for the very first time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm wondering how I went from chill James Taylor to the Foos doing that goddamned carpool karaoke with James Corden.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    We're putting in an offer on a house today and likely accepting a final offer received for ours. Scary to think it might actually happen this time (our 4th attempt to sell in 10 years). I don't think I'm ready, I've lived in this house all of my 32 years!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited April 2018
    The Director at my office has resigned for a job in the private sector, overseas, and this is his last day. It's strange to know that I will literally never lay eyes on him again after working with him so closely for 8 years. And we have a good relationship, so I'm going to miss him personally as well as professionally. Plus, god knows what the change this will bring will be like. Could be good, even better ... could be terrible. Time will tell. Hoping for good!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited April 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    i_lov_it said:
    hedonist said:
    i_lov_it said:
    Love often makes people do stupid things. It's a fact for billions of people. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

You mean even if it means being used...strung along and being played for a fool?

I know what you mean...and ok I will try...it's not easy though...thanks for your kind words :)

Okay, be hard on yourself! I give you my blessing. If anybody has a problem with that, they can answer to me.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Why my partner would talk behind my back to another Guy about her Exam instead of me???
    edited April 2018
    That Exam was important to you, wasn't it? Was it a gynecological exam of some kind? 

On a more serious note, i_lov_it, were you this obsessive when you were still in the relationship? Because that could be why she wasn't confiding in you, buying your gifts on time, etc. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    That Exam was important to you, wasn't it? Was it a gynecological exam of some kind? 

:rofl:
    edited April 2018

On a more serious note, i_lov_it, were you this obsessive when you were still in the relationship? Because that could be why she wasn't confiding in you, buying your gifts on time, etc. 
    Are you ALWAYS this ""JUDGEMENTAL""??...or is it just who you are????.....Hmmmmmmmmmm
    I asked first.
    edited April 2018
    I asked first.
    lol at the """"""""NEW""""""" Forum Comedian :lol:
    edited April 2018

:rofl:

Nice to see such an Important and Serious subject be made a mockery...

How would you like it when your Partner confides in someone else and not you OffSheGoes35?...how would you like it???...answer that question???

Dude, she made a joke and then asked a legit question respectfully.  It seems unfair to put your reaction on her.

Based on the many posts you've made about your ex, perhaps you tend to dwell on certain things, words, actions?  All of this could be a wonderful opportunity to learn about yourself.

Just a friendly suggestion.
    edited April 2018
    hedonist said:
    Dude, she made a joke and then asked a legit question respectfully.  It seems unfair to put your reaction on her.

Based on the many posts you've made about your ex, perhaps you tend to dwell on certain things, words, actions?  All of this could be a wonderful opportunity to learn about yourself.

Just a friendly suggestion.

I appreciate your input Hedo...but it seemed to put a mockery on it...I mean how would She like it if her Partner confided in some one else about a Serious matter???

So having your Partner confide in you instead of someone else is being obsessive???...wtf???...and that's a Serious Question?

By your Logic OffSheGoes35...your partner confides in other People and not you otherwise that's being Obsessive...
    edited April 2018

What to have for Dinner hehe

edited April 2018
    So OffSheGoes35...if your Partner confides in you...that means you're being obsessive???...because that's "EXACTLY" what you said...
    i_lov_it said:
    I asked first.
    Thank you. That really means a lot to me. I try really hard.
    edited April 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    I asked first.
    Thank you. That really means a lot to me. I try really hard.
    I actually have to admit...you do a *****GOOD***** Job at it...