March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    brianwp said:
    Just a little bump to keep the momentum going. 
    This Saturday is the day. I hope everyone can get out so we can show our strength with our numbers. There are Marches everywhere. Find one near you. 
    I'll be on Long island @STONEYBROOK with my wife ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • brianwpbrianwp Posts: 125
    brianwp said:
    This Saturday is the day. I hope everyone can get out so we can show our strength with our numbers. There are Marches everywhere. Find one near you. 
    Great! I’ll be here in Parkland with family and friends. 
    brianwp said:
    brianwp said:
    Great! I’ll be here in Parkland with family and friends. 
    Cool should be a great day for our youth to take pride in >>>....Screw your weapons 
  • brianlux said:
    unsung said:loop
    They are being used as pawns, marching to eliminate their rights, to give bad people control.
    Antifa made them do it.
    No.....the govt. made them do it.
    And that's because anyone with less than half a brain knows that the public school system is just a venue for the govt. to brainwash children.
    I have to say I totally think you're right here!  Anyone with less than half a brain would think the public school system is just a venue for government brainwash.  That being said, anyone with an entire functioning brain knows that public education was designed to educate the youth in America.  Educate them in math, literacy, science, and government -- like how to peacefully interact with our wonderfully created democracy.  I'm so thankful there are so many out there with full functioning brains...and not just those operating with...less than a half.  
    I worked in the public school system for years in two states and several school districts and sadly, what I got out of it was that the purpose of public education in most school districts in America is to create obedient, clock attending worker bees who do not question or think critically but rather simply obey.  That, combined with the lack of participation of parents in the education their kids is why I also believe the overall intelligence of American students is on the decline.
    Sadly this is a pretty fair point across many schools.  I'm a big believer in Charters (in California anyway).  Allowing families to chose a school rather than attend one according to their zip cope promotes competition.  Competition keeps schools accountable.  I know there's an argument the other way too.  I'm happy my kids go to a charter that promotes character development along with academic achievement.  
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
    Bump, please show up on Saturday if you can!
  • brianwp said:
    Bump, please show up on Saturday if you can!

I hope this event is overwhelming!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    The Cherry Blossom festival has moved their kickoff/march to Sunday because of how many people are expected in the city.

THAT'S HOW MOTHERFUCKING BIG!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^ :plus_one:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    mrussel1 said:
    The Cherry Blossom festival has moved their kickoff/march to Sunday because of how many people are expected in the city.

Excellent!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    mrussel1 said:

Yay!

Hope the blossoms haven’t all dropped by Sunday ;)  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Will the orange bafoon acknowledge this march or be in DC or enjoying a nice round of golf ?
    Will the orange bafoon acknowledge this march or be in DC or enjoying a nice round of golf ?
    I hear he’ll be in Florida where he spends just about every other weekend. 
    mrussel1 said:

Yay!

The 8" of snow yesterday probably knocked them all off...
    brianwp said:
    I hear he’ll be in Florida where he spends just about every other weekend. 
    yeah no doubt he doesn't give a damn about our youth in this country at least the common youth cause you know damn well Baron is not attending public schools !
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That makes me smile, B's Poppa :)
    She's a paid "crisis mom".  She can't even have children, I bet.  
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,119
    mrussel1 said:

Yay!

Big enough that the President is not going to be in DC but up the street in Palm Beach. I just hope he won' be here ALL week. 

Also Robert Kraft Patriots owner loaned his Patriot plane to fly Parkland HS students and parents injured and not injured to DC for this historic March. I hope my daughter will get involved she certainly went many as we protested the wars in early 2000s.

The Patriots plane flew Parkland families to the 'March For Our Lives' rally in DC

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Gorgeous day out total spring sounds abound will be nice to spend time outside with students, enjoy your weekend everyone stay safe ! 
    Two of thee most important people in the legislative branch are nowhere to be found today in DC , Secretary of Education & the Orange bafoon !! Two despicable humans 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    Fear, hate, and ignorance at work.....

White House announces policy to ban most transgender people from serving in military 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,364
    Good on everyone marching. 

Sad reality is the only thing that will improve from it is everyones health for a day. Maybe it should be a 5k instead.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    Fear, hate, and ignorance at work.....

White House announces policy to ban most transgender people from serving in military 
    There wouldn't be so much fear, hate, and ignorance at work if there were a better distraction Trump could use. The volume of the distraction honestly appears to be the only goal.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I just drove by one, there were four people, lol.
    unsung said:
    I just drove by one, there were four people, lol.

Four people who cared enough to get up and protest something they feel strongly about, which is more than can be said for many people, and something that I thought you pretended to value. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I am home watching coverage but with each in spirit and intent.

These lyrics from Puscifer's Grand Canyon keep coming to mind.

One among infinity
    Witnessing the majesty
    Calm in this humility
    Witnessing the majesty
    Hope as far as one can see
    Witnessing the majesty
    Standing on the edge of forever
    Photos from marches around the world. Miami to Geneva, New York to Paris.

I see more than four people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/24/us/photos-march-for-lives.html
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2018
    Can you see us in Boston?

Of course, you can!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Can you see us in Boston?

Of course, you can!

Are you the one on the left of the four participants?