The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

i still pay $15 per from my guy. the price has remained pretty much the same from the 90's until now. 
    Your guy is overcharging...get a script...it’s cheaper.
    no, he isn't. that's been the price across the board where I live. that's what pretty much everyone pays. of course, it gets cheaper the more you buy. But I don't buy that much. 

I'm not getting a script. I don't require it. 
    Then I guess things really do suck in Manitoba ... lol
    nope. 
    Wtf, lol. Meltdown, I don't understand why you think continuing to buy illegal weed is somehow a good thing, if that is indeed what you're trying to say. Nor why you think people who feel they have no reason to get a script ought to anyway - doesn't that erode the validity of the medical marijuana industry?
    I've never said it was a good thing.  I am saying let entrepreneurs invest in pot stores and let the market dictate price...not the government.

And really, taxing medicinal marijuana...

but i do believe her in Ontario the black market will flourish.

and who buys weed off a dealer where they don't share a joint after the purchase.  Thats the surest way to know your product is good.. 
    It makes no sense to think that a blackmarket will "flourish" after the product in question is legal. Are you just using the wrong word? I mean, the blackmarket is "flourishing" now, before legalization. After legalization it will necessarily shrink, aka, the opposite of flourishing. There is no other way for it to work, even if there are a weird number of people willing to continue breaking the law and supporting organized criminals when they don't need to.
    The black market tobacco industry here in Ontario is flourishing.  Cigarettes are legal.  You will only stop the black market be being just as convenient, competitive pricing, quality product...Trudeau misses the mark on convenience and pricing.  By the way I have 0 problem with the underground ecomony...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

i still pay $15 per from my guy. the price has remained pretty much the same from the 90's until now. 
    no, he isn't. that's been the price across the board where I live. that's what pretty much everyone pays. of course, it gets cheaper the more you buy. But I don't buy that much. 

nope. 
    Wtf, lol. Meltdown, I don't understand why you think continuing to buy illegal weed is somehow a good thing, if that is indeed what you're trying to say. Nor why you think people who feel they have no reason to get a script ought to anyway - doesn't that erode the validity of the medical marijuana industry?
    I've never said it was a good thing.  I am saying let entrepreneurs invest in pot stores and let the market dictate price...not the government.

and who buys weed off a dealer where they don't share a joint after the purchase.  Thats the surest way to know your product is good.. 
    It makes no sense to think that a blackmarket will "flourish" after the product in question is legal. Are you just using the wrong word? I mean, the blackmarket is "flourishing" now, before legalization. After legalization it will necessarily shrink, aka, the opposite of flourishing. There is no other way for it to work, even if there are a weird number of people willing to continue breaking the law and supporting organized criminals when they don't need to.
    The black market tobacco industry here in Ontario is flourishing.  Cigarettes are legal.  You will only stop the black market be being just as convenient, competitive pricing, quality product...Trudeau misses the mark on convenience and pricing.  By the way I have 0 problem with the underground ecomony...
    I know all about that market - I coincidentally really read up on it recently. It's not comparable because the taxes on tobacco are OUTRAGEOUS in Canada. But the taxes on marijuana is going to be very small. Legal weed WILL be competitive against the black market because the taxes on it are quite minimal. The price difference is very likely not enough to keep most people out of legal stores. That is not the case with cigarettes at all.

You have 0 problem with the underground economy??? Seriously? What about when it leads to violent crime, which it often does? What about when it leads to thousands of drug deaths, which it does? Don't you realize how many people the underground economy hurts? I think having zero problem with the underground economy means you aren't considering the full consequences of it. It also ignores the fact that the country actually does need tax revenue to function.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

nope. 

I know all about that market - I coincidentally really read up on it recently. It's not comparable because the taxes on tobacco are OUTRAGEOUS in Canada. But the taxes on marijuana is going to be very small. Legal weed WILL be competitive against the black market because the taxes on it are quite minimal. The price difference is very likely not enough to keep most people out of legal stores. That is not the case with cigarettes at all.

You have 0 problem with the underground economy??? Seriously? What about when it leads to violent crime, which it often does? What about when it leads to thousands of drug deaths, which it does? Don't you realize how many people the underground economy hurts? I think having zero problem with the underground economy means you aren't considering the full consequences of it. It also ignores the fact that the country actually does need tax revenue to function.
    I’m not talking about the under ground economy in regards to drugs, however, there will always be a flourishing black market economy when it comes to drugs...if you choose to buy your drugs that way, that’s your choice...live with the consequences I guess.  There is no need for anyone to buy weed on the black market today, it real easy to get a script...but for many it’s much easier to just go to a dealer, after legalization in Ontario under Wynn plan, not much will change...I can’t speak for BC...heck we just got beer and wine in the grocery stores.  Ontario is a fucked up province.  The best part of a Ford win in June will be that Wynn will have to be burdened to losing to a Ford...oh the liberal humiliation.

but I have 0 problem paying someone cash to fix my car, repair my house etc...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I find it a bit disturbing how you seem to think that everyone, including everyone who has no medical issue whatsoever, should be getting a prescription for medical marijuana. I think where we are disagreeing most is that I think everyone should be obeying the law as much as possible, and you seem to think that many laws are made to be broken, assuming it works better for the individual.
    But yeah, BC's got it going on and Ontario is doing it ALL wrong, for sure. I don't know what in the fuck that stupid Wynn moron can possibly be thinking, and I'm sure it will be a huge factor in losing the next election for her. Luckily all the shit she's doing wrong with legalization can be fixed later.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I find it a bit disturbing how you seem to think that everyone, including everyone who has no medical issue whatsoever, should be getting a prescription for medical marijuana. I think where we are disagreeing most is that I think everyone should be obeying the law as much as possible, and you seem to think that many laws are made to be broken, assuming it works better for the individual.
    But yeah, BC's got it going on and Ontario is doing it ALL wrong, for sure. I don't know what in the fuck that stupid Wynn moron can possibly be thinking, and I'm sure it will be a huge factor in losing the next election for her. Luckily all the shit she's doing wrong with legalization can be fixed later.
    First off I’m not opposed to legalization...I’m I’m opposed to the idea that I need the governments permission to put a fairly harmless product in my body when the same governments allow alcohol and tobacco to be consumed so freely...

i think anyone who participates in the underground economy to avoid taxes is just being prudent...keeping money in their pocket to be spent how they choose best...

once a gain your free to agree to disagree...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    First off I’m not opposed to legalization...I’m I’m opposed to the idea that I need the governments permission to put a fairly harmless product in my body when the same governments allow alcohol and tobacco to be consumed so freely...

i think anyone who participates in the underground economy to avoid taxes is just being prudent...keeping money in their pocket to be spent how they choose best...

once a gain your free to agree to disagree...
    I know you're not opposed to legalization, but you're also not opposed to breaking laws left and right when it suits you.
    But alcohol and tobacco is also regulated. There is nothing wrong with drug production being regulated. I think ALL drugs should be legalized and regulated so that we actually know what's going into our bodies.

Yeah, yeah, I get it. You're some kind of anti-government libertarian..... Except when you enjoy everything that is paid for by taxes. Like roads and bridges and education and the ER and law enforcement and little things like that.

I don't know what you're trying to achieve by repeatedly saying I'm free to agree to disagree... Um, yeah, I do. That's why I'm continuing to disagree with you, lol. This is what a discussion is man. You are free to bail out of it if you aren't comfortable with a back and forth conversation. All you have to do is stop replying. ;)
    Not a done deal in Canada yet.  It’s voted on today.

The government has the numbers to get it passed, providing everyone who is available to vote, show up to vote...

Government's cannabis bill faces live-or-die vote in Senate today

Give Peas A Chance…
    The media loves a good fabricated nail biter, lol.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am a little bit stunned by how badly Ontario is fucking this up, lol. Glad I'm in BC.

PS - I pay $8 - $10 for a gram in Vancouver at a medical dispensary... and that is absolutely fine with me. Back in the 90s grams were normally $15. The price has gone way down. If taxes or capitalism make an AAA gram $10 - $12, I'm totally cool with that. I consider that very affordable.

I never realized how many Canadian pot smokers were whiny fucking princesses until now btw. Jesus, it's becoming legal, it's going to be affordable, we'll see more tax revenue without dinging people, and some folks are just bitching and complaining. It's ridiculous. Talk about punching a gift horse in the mouth.
    Its not a surprise, this liberal government could not run a hot dog stand at a profit.  The current premier is 20 points behind Rob Ford in the polls for the upcoming June election...

when ontario first introduced its legislation regarding pot stores...the news interviewed a person coming out of a head shop, she was asked her opinion on Ontario’s legislation, she said “she gets hers at 6/gram and her dealer delivers to her within the hour”, that’s customer service at its finest.

I can get mine for 4/gram from my medical supplier...16% THC.I think the 4/gram is their answer to compassionate pricing.  

Many medicinal suppliers have compassionate pricing, but usually you have to prove you are need...

Yeah, but wtf, $4 and $6 a gram?? That is ridiculously cheap. I consider $10 or $12 grams a small price to pay for legalization (well, plus it's already up to $10 in Vancouver anyhow, at medical dispensaries). Yeah, it was cheap as shit in Ontario apparently... but it was also fucking illegal. I don't understand why people think a legal, still cheap substance is supposed to stay the same price once it's legalized. Considering how high a gram of weed gets you, isn't it worth it to know that the substance is regulated for safety and that you won't ever get in trouble while carrying or using it, and neither will anyone else? And as you say, there will be medicinal suppliers with lower prices. Some extended insurance plans might even supplement it. And, er, yeah, if you're getting medicinal discounts of course you'd have to prove you're in need. It shouldn't be any other way.
    Marijuana is de-facto legal in Canada as long you have drs ok...I pay anywhere from 4-8/gram  through my medicinal supplier.  So I do not where you think I’m illegally...

and getting a drs ok is pretty simple these days.  I could a less about Ontario poor attempt at legalization.  I would never-ever give up my script...
    De facto? I guess... But in actual fact, it's only legal if you both have dr's okay AND register to get it from only a small number of producers who are actually approved federally for license, and very few actually have been. Every in-person medical dispensary in the country is in fact still illegal - all the federally licensed ones are required to ship their products by mail and to follow some other strict regulations re packaging, labeling, production, etc. Individuals can also register with the government to grow their own if they have medical documentation stating that it is for medical use.
    .... All that changes real soon obviously, but until the summer, what most might consider "legal" medical weed isn't technically legal as far as the federal government is concerned.
    In any case, there should still be medical pricing for those who need it for that purpose. For everyone else whining, they are just recreational users who want to save a few measly bucks even if it means harming a great new industry in Canada, and are apparently making plans to break the laws and keep the black market going, and support organized crime in many cases, just to save $2 or $4 a gram. It's ridiculous.
    The black market will flourish still in Canada .... people don’t give shit about stomping out the black market ... I know plenty of people who smoke, lifelong smokers, always bought from trusted dealers, most never cared if it is legal, most I know still don’t.  None have ever been hassled by the cops or charged...most will continue to grow their own or buy off their dealer...
    Wrong.  Legalisation in Colorado has devastated the black market.  Hard for a dealer to make a profit when you can get an ounce for $70-100. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am a little bit stunned by how badly Ontario is fucking this up, lol. Glad I'm in BC.

PS - I pay $8 - $10 for a gram in Vancouver at a medical dispensary... and that is absolutely fine with me. Back in the 90s grams were normally $15. The price has gone way down. If taxes or capitalism make an AAA gram $10 - $12, I'm totally cool with that. I consider that very affordable.

I never realized how many Canadian pot smokers were whiny fucking princesses until now btw. Jesus, it's becoming legal, it's going to be affordable, we'll see more tax revenue without dinging people, and some folks are just bitching and complaining. It's ridiculous. Talk about punching a gift horse in the mouth.
    Its not a surprise, this liberal government could not run a hot dog stand at a profit.  The current premier is 20 points behind Rob Ford in the polls for the upcoming June election...

when ontario first introduced its legislation regarding pot stores...the news interviewed a person coming out of a head shop, she was asked her opinion on Ontario’s legislation, she said “she gets hers at 6/gram and her dealer delivers to her within the hour”, that’s customer service at its finest.

I can get mine for 4/gram from my medical supplier...16% THC.I think the 4/gram is their answer to compassionate pricing.  

Many medicinal suppliers have compassionate pricing, but usually you have to prove you are need...

Yeah, but wtf, $4 and $6 a gram?? That is ridiculously cheap. I consider $10 or $12 grams a small price to pay for legalization (well, plus it's already up to $10 in Vancouver anyhow, at medical dispensaries). Yeah, it was cheap as shit in Ontario apparently... but it was also fucking illegal. I don't understand why people think a legal, still cheap substance is supposed to stay the same price once it's legalized. Considering how high a gram of weed gets you, isn't it worth it to know that the substance is regulated for safety and that you won't ever get in trouble while carrying or using it, and neither will anyone else? And as you say, there will be medicinal suppliers with lower prices. Some extended insurance plans might even supplement it. And, er, yeah, if you're getting medicinal discounts of course you'd have to prove you're in need. It shouldn't be any other way.
    Marijuana is de-facto legal in Canada as long you have drs ok...I pay anywhere from 4-8/gram  through my medicinal supplier.  So I do not where you think I’m illegally...

and getting a drs ok is pretty simple these days.  I could a less about Ontario poor attempt at legalization.  I would never-ever give up my script...
    De facto? I guess... But in actual fact, it's only legal if you both have dr's okay AND register to get it from only a small number of producers who are actually approved federally for license, and very few actually have been. Every in-person medical dispensary in the country is in fact still illegal - all the federally licensed ones are required to ship their products by mail and to follow some other strict regulations re packaging, labeling, production, etc. Individuals can also register with the government to grow their own if they have medical documentation stating that it is for medical use.
    .... All that changes real soon obviously, but until the summer, what most might consider "legal" medical weed isn't technically legal as far as the federal government is concerned.
    In any case, there should still be medical pricing for those who need it for that purpose. For everyone else whining, they are just recreational users who want to save a few measly bucks even if it means harming a great new industry in Canada, and are apparently making plans to break the laws and keep the black market going, and support organized crime in many cases, just to save $2 or $4 a gram. It's ridiculous.
    The black market will flourish still in Canada .... people don’t give shit about stomping out the black market ... I know plenty of people who smoke, lifelong smokers, always bought from trusted dealers, most never cared if it is legal, most I know still don’t.  None have ever been hassled by the cops or charged...most will continue to grow their own or buy off their dealer...
    Wrong.  Legalization in Colorado has devastated the black market.  Hard for a dealer to make a profit when you can get an ounce for $70-100. 
    Exactly right. Same in Washington. It used to be tough to walk through downtown Seattle without having dudes try to sell me week. Now it's crickets. Anyone can buy safely, know what strain their getting, which producer grew it, know that their weed has been lab tested, etc... And that weed is less expensive and better quality than the week we used to by from some random guy, or neighborhood dealer. There's obviously still a black market for other drugs, but not weed. There's no financial incentive left for people taking the risk.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Wrong.  Legalisation in Colorado has devastated the black market.  Hard for a dealer to make a profit when you can get an ounce for $70-100. 
    You can not compare Colorado to Canada ... it’s not oranges to apple comparison...try again.

or more precisely Ontario to Colorado .... some provinces in Canada will do a good job at legalization...

Give Peas A Chance…

jeffbr said:
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Wrong.  Legalization in Colorado has devastated the black market.  Hard for a dealer to make a profit when you can get an ounce for $70-100. 
    Exactly right. Same in Washington. It used to be tough to walk through downtown Seattle without having dudes try to sell me week. Now it's crickets. Anyone can buy safely, know what strain their getting, which producer grew it, know that their weed has been lab tested, etc... And that weed is less expensive and better quality than the week we used to by from some random guy, or neighborhood dealer. There's obviously still a black market for other drugs, but not weed. There's no financial incentive left for people taking the risk.
    You can not compare legalization in some Canadian provinces to anything us...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited March 2018
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You can not compare Colorado to Canada ... it’s not oranges to apple comparison...try again.

or more precisely Ontario to Colorado .... some provinces in Canada will do a good job at legalization...

From what I can tell, you are basing your entire theory on your own personal thoughts, and on what you think a handful of pot heads who you know have said ... And perhaps on what your trustworthy drug dealer(s) said? That wouldn't exactly be an unbiased source, but okay. I hardly think that is a solid basis for asserting that the black market is going to "flourish" after legalization. So far, not a single person has agreed with your assessment. But I guess we'll see!
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

From what I can tell, you are basing your entire theory on your own personal thoughts, and on what you think a handful of pot heads who you know have said ... And perhaps on what your trustworthy drug dealer(s) said? That wouldn't exactly be an unbiased source, but okay. I hardly think that is a solid basis for asserting that the black market is going to "flourish" after legalization. So far, not a single person has agreed with your assessment. But I guess we'll see!
    Not really, even you have said how fucked up Ontario attempt at legalization is.  So, I’ll back down and just refer to ontario’s Attempt at legalization will go poorly.  

Let me ask you this?  Do you think it’s cost effective for someone who wants to buy legal bud to have to drive 30+ minutes to buy weed.  Do you think they will?  I highly doubt they will.  Because where I live, we get 1 pot store for the entire county...

instead of of issuing license to entrepreneurs to open stores wynn want the government to control everything...

Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Not really, even you have said how fucked up Ontario attempt at legalization is.  So, I’ll back down and just refer to ontario’s Attempt at legalization will go poorly.  

Let me ask you this?  Do you think it’s cost effective for someone who wants to buy legal bud to have to drive 30+ minutes to buy weed.  Do you think they will?  I highly doubt they will.  Because where I live, we get 1 pot store for the entire county...

instead of of issuing license to entrepreneurs to open stores wynn want the government to control everything...

Oh, I do know how much Ontario is fucking it up. I completely agree with you on that. It's stunning. Still, I think you're overestimating the market's willingness to break the law on this one, especially when it comes to all those people who don't even use pot now precisely because they have no interest in turning to dealers.
    Also, I think Ontario's idiotic plan will shift towards something better after legalization. I mean, obviously the Libs aren't going to be reelected there, so after that, I'm imagining that some of the biggest mistakes will be corrected, especially the ridiculous limitations on how many retail outlets there will be.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Oh, I do know how much Ontario is fucking it up. I completely agree with you on that. It's stunning. Still, I think you're overestimating the market's willingness to break the law on this one, especially when it comes to all those people who don't even use pot now precisely because they have no interest in turning to dealers.
    Also, I think Ontario's idiotic plan will shift towards something better after legalization. I mean, obviously the Libs aren't going to be reelected there, so after that, I'm imagining that some of the biggest mistakes will be corrected, especially the ridiculous limitations on how many retail outlets there will be.
    It might, Ford wants to allow entrepreneurs to operate independent stores.  But I’m not getting my hopes up, we just recently got beer and wine in grocery stores.  Ontario is a weird province.  Either way it’s not all that important to me, I will continue to keep my script up to date...if Ontario liberals are in charge, they’ll fuck it up.  Not sure if ford would follow through on his promise, over the years we were promised beer and wine in grocery stores, and that just recently happened...

In the end of the day it’s a tax grab no matter how you look at...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I don't give a shit if it's a tax grab or not. I'd much prefer to go into a store to buy it and know what I'm getting as opposed to the alternative. Especially with all this fentanyl shit going around, no thanks. 

we still don't have alcohol in any grocery stores. you are allowed to operate a wine store outside of government involvement, there are a couple in winnipeg, but beer stil needs to be bought at a beer vendor or liquor mart. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2018
    I actually WANT it to be a tax "grab". I think this is a fantastic way to increase tax revenue, which we need. Frankly, I think they should raise the taxes on it a bit. It's still a super cheap product - lots of bang for its buck.
    BC only just legalized booze in grocery stores recently, and almost none have gone ahead with it - I think it's really hard to get licensed even now that they changed the law. It's fucking stupid. But BC's liquor laws have long been the worst in the country. They're only just now starting to see reason, and it's a slow change.
    PJ_Soul said:
    I actually WANT it to be a tax "grab". I think this is a fantastic way to increase tax revenue, which we need. Frankly, I think they should raise the taxes on it a bit. It's still a super cheap product - lots of bang for its buck.
    BC only just legalized booze in grocery stores recently, and almost none have gone ahead with it - I think it's really hard to get licensed even now that they changed the law. It's fucking stupid. But BC's liquor laws have long been the worst in the country. They're only just now starting to see reason, and it's a slow change.
    I recall being in Vancouver in the 90's visiting my buddy and we had to get all our beer before 11pm. I was like "what? what if we run out at midnight or 1 or some shit?". NOPE. 11pm. that was crazy to me. Winnipeg is 2am, 2:30 for some vendors, and extended to 3am during Festival du Voyageur. because those frenchies nead their late night beer run. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I recall being in Vancouver in the 90's visiting my buddy and we had to get all our beer before 11pm. I was like "what? what if we run out at midnight or 1 or some shit?". NOPE. 11pm. that was crazy to me. Winnipeg is 2am, 2:30 for some vendors, and extended to 3am during Festival du Voyageur. because those frenchies nead their late night beer run. LOL
    Yeah it's nuts, and that is still the case. Even in bars that have off-sales, they have to shut those down at 11pm even though the bar is open way later. It's so fucking stupid.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah it's nuts, and that is still the case. Even in bars that have off-sales, they have to shut those down at 11pm even though the bar is open way later. It's so fucking stupid.
    it's STILL like that? holy shit! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    it's STILL like that? holy shit! 
    I know!!!! I don't think I can even guess how many times I've been burned by the 11pm closing time for liquor stores, lol. When you want to grab a bottle after a later dinner out or whatever, you're hooped. So we have to try and remember to plan ahead with that... which usually results in having too much booze, lol.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I had almost forgotten about the whole liquor in grocery store thing, because I’ve never actually found liquor in any grocery store. 

I am also fine with marijuana being taxed. Almost everything  is taxed, and I think it will be a good source of revenue. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I bought marijuana legally for the first time this week and it was an awesome retail experience.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2018
    I had almost forgotten about the whole liquor in grocery store thing, because I’ve never actually found liquor in any grocery store. 

I am also fine with marijuana being taxed. Almost everything  is taxed, and I think it will be a good source of revenue. 
    I actually haven't really found liquor IN a grocery store yet either, but there is a brand new Safeway near me that has a full on, completely stocked private liquor store attached to it, and it is Safeway's. It's staffed by Safeway employees and they do airmiles and take the Safeway airmiles coupons and everything, which is awesome (seriously, if all liquor stores did airmiles all this time since I was legal, I probably would have flown around the world several times by now :lol: ). I was surprised by this store, because I was under the impression that grocery stores were only allowed to sell beer and wine... But I guess they got around that by building it so the store is truly its own structure, down on street level, while the actual grocery store is upstairs and attached by an escalator - I guess their flower department is in between. I love it!
    PJ_Soul said:

I actually haven't really found liquor IN a grocery store yet either, but there is a brand new Safeway near me that has a full on, completely stocked private liquor store attached to it, and it is Safeway's. It's staffed by Safeway employees and they do airmiles and take the Safeway airmiles coupons and everything, which is awesome (seriously, if all liquor stores did airmiles all this time since I was legal, I probably would have flown around the world several times by now :lol: ). I was surprised by this store, because I was under the impression that grocery stores were only allowed to sell beer and wine... But I guess they got around that by building it so the store is truly its own structure, down on street level, while the actual grocery store is upstairs and attached by an escalator - I guess their flower department is in between. I love it!
    we've had liquor marts in some Superstores for a while now. it is incredibly convenient. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

we've had liquor marts in some Superstores for a while now. it is incredibly convenient. 
    Totally. That side trip to the liquor store blocks away from the grocery store (or vice versa) is a total drag sometimes, particularly when you don't have a car!

I don't give a shit if it's a tax grab or not. I'd much prefer to go into a store to buy it and know what I'm getting as opposed to the alternative. Especially with all this fentanyl shit going around, no thanks. 

we still don't have alcohol in any grocery stores. you are allowed to operate a wine store outside of government involvement, there are a couple in winnipeg, but beer stil needs to be bought at a beer vendor or liquor mart. 
    I really don’t care about it being a tax grab, however, I believe medicinal should be exempt...
    Give Peas A Chance…

Only beer and wine in Ontario grocery stores.  For liquor you need to visit the LCBO store, I’m fine with that...the LCBO is convenient pretty much every where.  I believe in smaller communities in Ontario liquor might be sold beside wine/beer in independent retail setting.

Give Peas A Chance…
    The legalization bill now goes to committee and then another vote?  Am I correct?  I’ve read that the government is thinking it won’t be legal until September...

the one one thing I am interested in is edibles...

2 times I tried edibles they sucked.

I havent read anything on edibles, will they be allowed?  if not, does the government have timeline?

i have also read the the medical producers would like the option to sell edibles.

and if they do, it would be nice.

Give Peas A Chance…