2023-2024 NHL Regular Season

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Darn Wings

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Darn Wings

damn wings, hahaha
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Got hawks, Florida, and LA on my proline tix today.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Bet a case of beer with a devils fan buddy today on the game.  Sure I jinxed the Kings.
    Bet a case of beer with a devils fan buddy today on the game.  Sure I jinxed the Kings.
    Was there a specific brand they wanted? if not just buy them the cheapest brew you got down there haha.  better yet buy them non-alcoholic beer.  hahaha
    Craft and I mix and match when I lose bets with him.
    Kinkaid plays like Roy against us.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Bluejackets baby!!!!! 8 in a row!!!!  Took down Boston and Foligno laid out Marchand. Let’s keep it rolling into the playoffs. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Just got back from dinner and the fucking king's pissed away a 2 goal lead. That bruins jackets game looks like it was a heart attack.
    Just got back from dinner and the fucking king's pissed away a 2 goal lead. That bruins jackets game looks like it was a heart attack.
    Holy shit it was crazy. That’s the kind of hockey games I love to watch. As long as my team isn’t playing in it lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Meh. I was glad to see the Harvard kid score. His dad/former coach was always a decent guy—or so I’ve heard. 

Go Wild!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    edited March 2018
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Go Kings go!
    KC138045 said:
    Bluejackets baby!!!!! 8 in a row!!!!  Took down Boston and Foligno laid out Marchand. Let’s keep it rolling into the playoffs. 

nice hit! 
    Nami said:
    KC138045 said:

nice hit! 
    I hate Marchand, but Foligno actually looked like he got the worst of it. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Every team needs a Brad Marchand type player...

one of my my favourite moments of his was in the finals against Vancouver when he used one of the Sedin’s twin head as punching bag and the wimp sedan just stood there...great moment.
    Give Peas A Chance…

one of my my favourite moments of his was in the finals against Vancouver when he used one of the Sedin’s twin head as punching bag and the wimp sedan just stood there...great moment.
    Right. Because that’s hockey.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited March 2018
    dankind said:

Hockey was much better when teams had their 'villians' and a big draw was you got to watch your "villians" (who you thought were good guys defending their team and city) go up against the other team's 'villians'.  

There was a different dynamic.  Players werent as huge and fast overall, and equipment wasnt like stormtrooper equipment so hits, punches, and cheap shots werent so violent and damaging.  You could also get away with hiding a few lunkheads in the lineup because the average player wasnt a well-oiled efficiency spreadsheet.  Also, concussions, long term effects and diagnosis were not developed yet.  It wouldnt be so fun if I knew at the time that Todd Ewen was actively shortening his life.  

I dont know where Im going with this.  I greatly miss old-time hockey, but I realize too that it can never come back.

I do kind of like Marchand though.  He is a terrific hockey player.
    dankind said:

That’s been part of the game forever...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    dankind said:
    Nami said:
    KC138045 said:

nice hit! 
    I hate Marchand, but Foligno actually looked like he got the worst of it. 

yeah looks like he went face first into the ice.  Marchand, looking up taking his # for the next shift.

Goon/enforcer hockey- gotta love it.

MayDay10 said:
    dankind said:

Hockey was much better when teams had their 'villians' and a big draw was you got to watch your "villians" (who you thought were good guys defending their team and city) go up against the other team's 'villians'.  

There was a different dynamic.  Players werent as huge and fast overall, and equipment wasnt like stormtrooper equipment so hits, punches, and cheap shots werent so violent and damaging.  You could also get away with hiding a few lunkheads in the lineup because the average player wasnt a well-oiled efficiency spreadsheet.  Also, concussions, long term effects and diagnosis were not developed yet.  It wouldnt be so fun if I knew at the time that Todd Ewen was actively shortening his life.  

I dont know where Im going with this.  I greatly miss old-time hockey, but I realize too that it can never come back.

I do kind of like Marchand though.  He is a terrific hockey player.
    Hockey was absolutely better with enforcers ... some of my favourite enforcers are, bob probert easily tops my list, followed by knuckles nilan.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    it was great.  I remember going to games (in arenas that were 100x better than present-day) and the first thing I would do was open the lineup or program to see what fighters the other team had.  

Games had an edge of the seat unpredictability factor.  Maybe it would happen a half dozen times a season, but games could erupt into a melee and it would be thrilling to watch.  Even a 5-1 game, you didnt want to look away from.  We still talk about specific games with 'names' we all recognize like "The Baumgartner incident".  Now, games just blend together in a miscellaneous mass of boringness, and offsides challenges.
    I have no problem with fighting in hockey, I also had no problem with bench clearing brawls...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I have no problem with fighting or enforcers or even goons, but it's a sideshow and not the reason I bought a ticket or watch a game. 

And I do think that the league should institute a "three strikes and you're out" of the league type of rule on vicious hits and other such behavior deemed worthy of a suspension. It would cause the league to perhaps be more mindful when doling out suspensions. And it would help keep unsportsmanlike (and ultimately dangerous) conduct out of the game because asshole cheapshot dickbags would think twice about having their feet leave the ice to throw an elbow into someone's head if their careers and giant paychecks are on the line. I'd much rather cheer on the player for scoring a sweet goal or carrying out a nice solid check than for raising his arm while being carried off the ice on a stretcher.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    And that’s nine in a row for the Bluejackets!!!!  Huge game Thursday against the Panthers. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    tonight is a perfect example of Detroit season, 3-1 in third, 2 penalties, tied 3-3, Wings go ahead seconds later philly ties it up. So frustrating.  Now a penalty with 34 secs left... 
    wow a rare win in OT :)
    Kings lost in OT but got a valuable point.

Kings..... whooping up on the hot Lanche.  
    Kopi with 4!
    10 in a row!!!!!!!!  I really hope Jackets don’t wear themselves out before the playoffs. As it stands right now we’re looking at another first round match up with the Penguins. 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018

2 years in a row ...out of the playoffs. damn.