The Golf Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    20 or so majors in the hunt on a Sunday afternoon. Fucking glorious 
    bbiggs said:
    Tiger is firing on all cylinders. No weaknesses to his game right now. Stenson rarely goes backwards though. Rory...who knows. 
    That stat they said about him working on 9 straight rounds of par or better. Hasn’t been done in 5 years on tour. Just insanity.
    And 1 back!!
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Ugh
    I mean, now Rory gonna get a win before the masters. Could this masters be more exciting?
    Not the best time to make your worst swing of the day.
    If Tiger, Phil and the young guns are in it on the weekend, the Masters is gonna be bonkers!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Fuckin A. Rory is on point right now. 
    64. God damn
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Fantastic round for Rory
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I took a nap after Tiger was OB on 16.  I don't know how Rory could have got to 18 under. Wow.
    I took a nap after Tiger was OB on 16.  I don't know how Rory could have got to 18 under. Wow.
    Birdied 5 of the last 6 holes. The kid couldn’t miss. 
    Makes Miller's comments yesterday even more hilarious
    I like Miller.  He isn't afraid to call it like he sees it. 
    I’m one of the few that likes him too. He’s critical but he’s objective. And he has the resume to be critical.  Brandel Chamblee, on the other hand...

Played nine holes today.  Was able to shape a punch shot to get in between two trees and then fade away from a bunker and it worked!  It doesn't work often though.  I really want to get good at shaping shots.  I'm nowhere near being able to do it on command but that would be the skill I would want.  Golf would be that much more fun.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    norm said:

for UNR and TX AM, for sure!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    I’m one of the few that likes him too. He’s critical but he’s objective. And he has the resume to be critical.  Brandel Chamblee, on the other hand...
    He's not objective at all.  He hates that all these young guys do things differently than back in his day.  Taking shots at Rory for working out too much???  The game has evolved...players actually take care of their bodies these days.  While he definitely knows his shit and is good at times, he is insufferable when he goes into "get off my lawn" mode.
    Johnny miller sucks.

Tin Cup is on at the moment and apparently the wife hasn’t seen it before though.
    I don't mind Miller at all. I just thought him calling out McIlroy's working out as he stuffed an iron shot to within 6 feet hilarious. And the fact that Rory went on to win today with some lights out golf made it more funny.
    Jason Day has won
    DJ has won
    Justin Thomas has won
    Phil has won
    Rory has won
    Bubba has won
    Tiger is in contention every tournament

Holy hell this masters is gonna have some hype
    ^ I was thinking the same exact thing today. Ratings are going to be off the charts. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I was thinking the same exact thing today. Ratings are going to be off the charts. 
    And Jon Rahm. How did I forget him.  

All this and watch a friggen Mike Weir type wins.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Getting back into the swing of things here as well.  My goal is to get my handicap down to single digits during the summer.  Currently sitting at 11.5. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    bbiggs said:

If there’s shitty weather, maybe we see another mike Weir/ Zach Johnson type. If weather is good, it will continue to favor the bombers. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited March 2018
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

If there’s shitty weather, maybe we see another mike Weir/ Zach Johnson type. If weather is good, it will continue to favor the bombers. 

I think by referencing Weir he means "Guy I've never heard of/guy I don't care about" rather than "guy that isn't a long hitter."
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I think by referencing Weir he means "Guy I've never heard of/guy I don't care about" rather than "guy that isn't a long hitter."
    Yeah, basically a guy that sucks. aka Mike Weir.
    Back to Johnny Miller.  Everything is easy. Everytime someone misses, it's a really bad miss.

"This 45 foot putt is going to break twice, to the right as it goes downhill and then to the left as it comes back up the ridge.  It's straight forward though and he should get it within 2 feet.  Would be disappointed with anything more"
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Yeah, basically a guy that sucks. aka Mike Weir.
    It sounds like you have a problem with Canadians.  Ha.