Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    BS44325 said:

OnWis97 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Pompeo is a fantastic upgrade. I'm agnostic about Haspel but I'm sure the rank and file approve bigly. Lamb shows that a good candidate with a conservative-bent can win in a very Red district. Like Jones and Northam before him the dems need to recognize that this is the path to victory. If they can get their progressive wing to back off then flipping the house should be easy.
    Wasn’t it about a year ago that you were claiming that the brilliancy of Team Trump Treason and his campaign and policies would result in a Team Trumpian Treasonous wave that would solidify repube holds on congress and state legislatures, resulting in Team Trump Treason’s re-election and repubes’ consolidation of power for a generation? Still believing the myth, eh Professor?
    No. I never claimed that at all but I understand how your emotion prevents you from comprehending reasoned nuanced arguments which led you to think that. I said that Trump figured out how to speak to the working class voter in a way that previous Republican candidates failed. I also said that if Democrats failed to learn from this then they will have a hard time of winning in the future. Doug Jones demonstrates learning. Lamb demonstrates learning. The progressive wing boxing-in red state democrats like Tester into a corner shows a lack of learning. The odds are that the Republicans will lose the house next year regardless of Trump's performance because as I have said before it is generally cyclical...the President loses the house in his first term almost all the time and there is currently no evidence that Trump's support crosses over to GOP establishment candidates that he ran against. The senate on the other hand will likely stay red and in fact will have a larger GOP majority when all is said and done as the progressive wing is making it extremely hard for red state senators to hold their seats...the Jones election is likely an off-year anomaly where everything had to go right including a terrible opponent in order to squeak over the finish line. There is no myth of Trump other then a disruptive outsider who will govern chaotically and will be judged by results. He didn't run as a saint but as a "doer" and in the end he will take that record to the people for judgement. He will have to thread the same very thin needle to win and will have to remain an outsider to do so. Who his opponent is will matter greatly and the democrats should strongly consider candidates in the "Lamb" mold. There is a reason why Democratic operatives are on tv asking Hillary Clinton to stop talking...her AMT rhetoric is bad for the party.

https://youtu.be/nfSsXSI-8LQ
    Nice revisionist history. It’s what you neoCONS do best. You did claim Team Trump Treason as brilliant so at least admit that.

Hillary who?
    Yes on claiming that Trump was brilliant in the campaign that he ran. It was pure brilliance as he saw what nobody else saw, ran in a way that nobody else ever ran, and won in a way that very few people have done before. Complete and utter brilliance. He continues to be brilliant in the way that he is able to on the whole advance his agenda. Like I said 100 times...the man fails forward. None of this guarantees reelection though as I have also said 100 times that he will be judged on results. I do believe though that he is doing what is necessary to repeat in 2020 even if that means GOP losses in 2018. In terms of your Neocon analysis though you are way off...the neocon establishment actually disagrees with me...they are generally NeverTrump...they thought he could not win and they still believe he is dangerous. You really need to pay attention to the different wings and who believes in what...again your understanding is all over the place.
    I keep hearing that 

a) trump is brilliant and ran a brilliant campaign

but also

b) hillary was a terrible candidate who ran a horrible campaign

it can't be both. 
    Of course it can be both.
    It may have been both in 1984 when Reagan won 49 states.  But was it really both when a few million more people voted for her than him?
    When the name of the game is winning Electoral College votes then 100% it can be both. 
    disagree. he benefited from many things. running a brilliant campaign was not one of them. 

if he ran a brilliant campaign, he would have to be brilliant no matter his opposition. had hillary been even slightly more likable and actualy run a campaign in the states that mattered (and that pesky FBI announcement days prior to voting), he would have lost. how brilliant could that be?
    If he'd run a brilliant campaign, he and his entire campaign staff wouldn't have been completely gobsmacked when it dawned on them that they might actually win the fucking thing. They didn't even WANT to win FFS, and it was never their plan to actually win, lol. They fell ass backwards into it, essentially. None of them ever though their tactics would actually work... that's what happens when you underestimate the stupidity of the masses.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:

OnWis97 said:
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Pompeo is a fantastic upgrade. I'm agnostic about Haspel but I'm sure the rank and file approve bigly. Lamb shows that a good candidate with a conservative-bent can win in a very Red district. Like Jones and Northam before him the dems need to recognize that this is the path to victory. If they can get their progressive wing to back off then flipping the house should be easy.
    Wasn’t it about a year ago that you were claiming that the brilliancy of Team Trump Treason and his campaign and policies would result in a Team Trumpian Treasonous wave that would solidify repube holds on congress and state legislatures, resulting in Team Trump Treason’s re-election and repubes’ consolidation of power for a generation? Still believing the myth, eh Professor?
    No. I never claimed that at all but I understand how your emotion prevents you from comprehending reasoned nuanced arguments which led you to think that. I said that Trump figured out how to speak to the working class voter in a way that previous Republican candidates failed. I also said that if Democrats failed to learn from this then they will have a hard time of winning in the future. Doug Jones demonstrates learning. Lamb demonstrates learning. The progressive wing boxing-in red state democrats like Tester into a corner shows a lack of learning. The odds are that the Republicans will lose the house next year regardless of Trump's performance because as I have said before it is generally cyclical...the President loses the house in his first term almost all the time and there is currently no evidence that Trump's support crosses over to GOP establishment candidates that he ran against. The senate on the other hand will likely stay red and in fact will have a larger GOP majority when all is said and done as the progressive wing is making it extremely hard for red state senators to hold their seats...the Jones election is likely an off-year anomaly where everything had to go right including a terrible opponent in order to squeak over the finish line. There is no myth of Trump other then a disruptive outsider who will govern chaotically and will be judged by results. He didn't run as a saint but as a "doer" and in the end he will take that record to the people for judgement. He will have to thread the same very thin needle to win and will have to remain an outsider to do so. Who his opponent is will matter greatly and the democrats should strongly consider candidates in the "Lamb" mold. There is a reason why Democratic operatives are on tv asking Hillary Clinton to stop talking...her AMT rhetoric is bad for the party.

https://youtu.be/nfSsXSI-8LQ
    Nice revisionist history. It’s what you neoCONS do best. You did claim Team Trump Treason as brilliant so at least admit that.

Hillary who?
    Yes on claiming that Trump was brilliant in the campaign that he ran. It was pure brilliance as he saw what nobody else saw, ran in a way that nobody else ever ran, and won in a way that very few people have done before. Complete and utter brilliance. He continues to be brilliant in the way that he is able to on the whole advance his agenda. Like I said 100 times...the man fails forward. None of this guarantees reelection though as I have also said 100 times that he will be judged on results. I do believe though that he is doing what is necessary to repeat in 2020 even if that means GOP losses in 2018. In terms of your Neocon analysis though you are way off...the neocon establishment actually disagrees with me...they are generally NeverTrump...they thought he could not win and they still believe he is dangerous. You really need to pay attention to the different wings and who believes in what...again your understanding is all over the place.
    I keep hearing that 

a) trump is brilliant and ran a brilliant campaign

but also

b) hillary was a terrible candidate who ran a horrible campaign

it can't be both. 
    Of course it can be both.
    It may have been both in 1984 when Reagan won 49 states.  But was it really both when a few million more people voted for her than him?
    When the name of the game is winning Electoral College votes then 100% it can be both. 
    disagree. he benefited from many things. running a brilliant campaign was not one of them. 

if he ran a brilliant campaign, he would have to be brilliant no matter his opposition. had hillary been even slightly more likable and actualy run a campaign in the states that mattered (and that pesky FBI announcement days prior to voting), he would have lost. how brilliant could that be?
    If he'd run a brilliant campaign, he and his entire campaign staff wouldn't have been completely gobsmacked when it dawned on them that they might actually win the fucking thing. They didn't even WANT to win FFS, and it was never their plan to actually win, lol. They fell ass backwards into it, essentially. None of them ever though their tactics would actually work... that's what happens when you underestimate the stupidity of the masses.
    I totally agree with you on his staff as he pretty much ran a one-man campaign making calls on the fly. His presidency isn't very different. I also agree that he probably didn't think he would win but believed that he could win and adjusted everyday on his own to give himself the best possible chance. The question of "WANT" is something none of us can truly know. I believe he wanted to without fully thinking through what it meant. If he really didn't "want" to then he wouldn't have pushed as hard as he did during the final weeks. If you look back he campaigned in the last week like somebody who "wanted" it and not as somebody who was resigned to defeat.
    True, in the last week, lol, he suddenly realized "omfg, I could actually win this?!" Right about the same time Comey did his thing, haha. So yeah... to me, that would suggest it wasn't a brilliant campaign. At the end of the day it worked, but that doesn't mean it was brilliant. It was, in fact, completely ridiculous.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    He had no idea what the job of President of the United States entailed so whether or not he wanted to win is largely irrelevant. I'm willing to be he did want to win but in no way did he want the job that he now has.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2018
    So apparently running a racist, xenophobic, sexist, ignorant, name calling, bullying, disgusting excuse for a political campaign is "brilliant" in some circles?

That campaign was fucking disgusting, and FAR from brilliant... Unless of course you're a racist, sexist, xenophobe
    You should be ashamed of your unaplogetic support of this piece of shit clown
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    my2hands said:
    So apparently running a racist, xenophobic, sexist, ignorant, name calling, bullying, disgusting excuse for a political campaign is "brilliant" in some circles?

That campaign was fucking disgusting, and FAR from brilliant... Unless of course you're a racist, sexist, xenophobe
    Bingo
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:
    You should be ashamed of your unaplogetic support of this piece of shit clown
    No I shouldn't because it isn't unapologetic. 

JimmyV said:
    He had no idea what the job of President of the United States entailed so whether or not he wanted to win is largely irrelevant. I'm willing to be he did want to win but in no way did he want the job that he now has.
    I don't disagree on what he believed the job entailed. I do disagree on whether he still wants the job...throughout all the chaos he doesn't seem discouraged at all. In fact I think that's what drives you all crazy the most. The man don't care.

my2hands said:

Sorry. It just wasn't any of those things. Other then the brilliant part.
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Yeah it was. You either like that stuff or are in denial or are just kind of teasing/trolling us.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Yeah it was. You either like that stuff or are in denial or are just kind of teasing/trolling us.
    Crooked Hillary
    Lyin' Ted Cruz
    LIttle Marco Rubio

Even if you are in complete denial about everything else, to say the campaign was not name calling is insane.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

You're out of your fucking mind. Where do you come up with such ridiculous spin? You're losing any credibility you had left
    PJ_Soul said:
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

I don't like that stuff but you are right and I am wrong on the name calling and bullying.
    JimmyV said:
    Team Trump Treason by no means wants the peering into his personal business that the job he thought he could do like a New York real estate agent has lead to. The emperor has no clothes. He had many relationships with Russian monsters and oligarchs long before he ran for president.

Follow the money from Russia with love and a PTape all the way to impeachment.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    Mexicans are rapists
    my2hands said:
    Mexicans are rapists
    It’s funny how in your memory those words were actually said.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    my2hands said:
    Mexicans are rapists
    ???

my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

You're out of your fucking mind. Where do you come up with such ridiculous spin? You're losing any credibility you had left
    Spin? One doesn’t need to spin a win. Listen the difference between Trump and his opposition is that Trump would rather punch them directly in the face while his opposition would rather secretly pay a law firm to pay Fusion GPS to pay a british spy to pay a russian to dig up phony dirt and launder it back to government all in the name of national security. Both tactics are actually brilliant but one is a lot more respectable IMO.
    edited March 2018
    You're hopeless and not worth the keystrokes 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    We're all hopeless when you look at the situation that the planet has been in for the last few years. Probably hopeless even regardless of Trump.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

Spin? One doesn’t need to spin a win. Listen the difference between Trump and his opposition is that Trump would rather punch them directly in the face while his opposition would rather secretly pay a law firm to pay Fusion GPS to pay a british spy to pay a russian to dig up phony dirt and launder it back to government all in the name of national security. Both tactics are actually brilliant but one is a lot more respectable IMO.
    Here is what "punching them directly in the face" looks like in Trump's world:

• ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The Iron Sheik has a more credible Twitter account than Donald Trump at this stage, and there's some fairly politically incorrect stuff on his one.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    edited March 2018
    When Mexico sends it's people, they're no sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. 

That's about 1 minute into his speech launching his candidacy. It's racist. It's xenophobic. It's total bullshit. And if you don't see that, then we really have nothing further to discuss, because you're either clueless or just completely fucking warped.
    BS44325 said:
    my2hands said:
    Mexicans are rapists
    It’s funny how in your memory those words were actually said.
    Funny how in your memory they weren’t. Keep believing the myth.

http://time.com/4473972/donald-trump-mexico-meeting-insult/

Brilliantati©
    I bet if he said that about the jews you would have flipped your lid... but who gives a shit about Mexicans, right? 
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:
    BS44325 said:

my2hands said:

You mean the guy who can’t even fire someone face to face is going to punch someone in the face? Crazy talk.

Brilliantati©
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Had lunch in Manhattan today with a financial conservative that knows Kudlow well.  Hes outraged with this pick and said he snorts an 8 ball a day.  Be interesting if he gets full clearance.  If he doesnt, this might be a reason.
    We're all hopeless when you look at the situation that the planet has been in for the last few years. Probably hopeless even regardless of Trump.
    Exactly.
    my2hands said:
    When Mexico sends it's people, they're no sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. 

That's about 1 minute into his speech launching his candidacy. It's racist. It's xenophobic. It's total bullshit. And if you don't see that, then we really have nothing further to discuss, because you're either clueless or just completely fucking warped.
    “And some, I assume, are good people” which shows that what you “heard” and what he “said” are in fact different things. If you cannot recognize that this rambling refers to the bad amongst the good within illegal immigration then it is completely YOUR problem. There is bad amongst the good. It isn’t xenophobic and it isn’t bullshit. When you don’t control your borders you end up with both. 
This discussion has been closed.