~:~:~:The Doggie Thread!!:~:~:~

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    ^^^ wow! did some company make an exact replica of maxine?

be safe overseas, “hubby.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    not quite sure what order these will load in.

at any rate, piper and winnie in the snow, piper with the snowballs and the kids chilling on the couch.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,899
    Wobbie said:

hedonist said:
    What a sweet gesture!

May he keep safe - and thank you both for your service :)
    Thanks Hedo and Wob.  And to answer your question Wob, yes, it’s a website called Shelter Pups (they also do kitties) out of New York.  It’s made of merino wool and they even added the scar from her knee surgery on it  =). I highly recommend them.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Wobbie said:

hedonist said:
    What a sweet gesture!

Thanks Hedo and Wob.  And to answer your question Wob, yes, it’s a website called Shelter Pups (they also do kitties) out of New York.  It’s made of merino wool and they even added the scar from her knee surgery on it  =). I highly recommend them.

very cool! are you convinced they donate to shelters? if so, I can see a winnie and piper being ordered.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:

hedonist said:
    What a sweet gesture!

very cool! are you convinced they donate to shelters? if so, I can see a winnie and piper being ordered.
    I’m satisfied as far as I can be without physically going to Ithaca and demanding to audit their books lol. I guess I just have to take it on faith that they’re doing what they state that they’re doing.

I couldnt wait.  Hubby loved it.  Couldn’t believe how much it looks like Max.  He’s thrilled.
    We are thinking of having one done of Nikita.

max seems to like it too!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Rose has been whining at the back door for about an hour because she wants to go out and play in the snow. But mom’s busy shoveling, the kids are busy building a snowman, and this Florida boy doesn’t go outside in that shit. I’m about to call a dog walker just to get her to shut the fuck up. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Rose has been whining at the back door for about an hour because she wants to go out and play in the snow. But mom’s busy shoveling, the kids are busy building a snowman, and this Florida boy doesn’t go outside in that shit. I’m about to call a dog walker just to get her to shut the fuck up. 
    Are you joking?  I don’t know you so when I read what you say about Rose you come across as a selfish jerk.  I don’t know if that true, and I’m trying not to judge, but you bring a negativity to a really positive thread.  I really hope that you are just joking.    

Have a wonderful day and a bit of advice, the sooner you embrace the cold, the quicker your blood will thicken ;):)
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    Are you joking?  I don’t know you so when I read what you say about Rose you come across as a selfish jerk.  I don’t know if that true, and I’m trying not to judge, but you bring a negativity to a really positive thread.  I really hope that you are just joking.    

Have a wonderful day and a bit of advice, the sooner you embrace the cold, the quicker your blood will thicken ;):)
    That selfish jerk dude has a heart of gold.  Don't let him fool you - I am convinced he's secretly in love with Rose :no_mouth:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

That selfish jerk dude has a heart of gold.  Don't let him fool you - I am convinced he's secretly in love with Rose :no_mouth:
    Keep convincing yourself, @hedonist

And @Fifthelement, I’ll stay out of your warm and fuzzy puppy dog thread from now on. I didn’t realize it was only supposed to be about how perfectly wonderful dogs are and how they never cause any trouble for the humans with which they live.

Also, I hope that your last sentence is a joke. It’s hard to tell with the way that hard science is being so gleefully discarded as #fakenews these days. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    you didn’t get the memo dan - this thread is ONLY about the wonderfulness of dogs. no negative vibes. probably the only thread on this forum where that’s true.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    This made me so happy.  Way to go, Steve-O!  Not quite the jackass I thought he was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkpFAmt_vak
  • I love looking through this thread on occasion. Such amazing dogs! If I can ever figure out how to post in here, I'll post some pics of my little diva dog. 
    I'm through with screaming
    I love looking through this thread on occasion. Such amazing dogs! If I can ever figure out how to post in here, I'll post some pics of my little diva dog. 
    Do you have a smartphone?  Are your images on your phone?  If the answer is yes to both questions than just click on the picture icon post panel; select choose file; choose photo library ( on iOS); and choose images to upload.  Be patient while it loads and the post comment.  Hopefully that helps  :)

dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:

Keep convincing yourself, @hedonist

And @Fifthelement, I’ll stay out of your warm and fuzzy puppy dog thread from now on. I didn’t realize it was only supposed to be about how perfectly wonderful dogs are and how they never cause any trouble for the humans with which they live.

Also, I hope that your last sentence is a joke. It’s hard to tell with the way that hard science is being so gleefully discarded as #fakenews these days. 
    Sounds like you need a ((((Hug)))). Good luck and stay frosty.
  • I love looking through this thread on occasion. Such amazing dogs! If I can ever figure out how to post in here, I'll post some pics of my little diva dog. 
    Do you have a smartphone?  Are your images on your phone?  If the answer is yes to both questions than just click on the picture icon post panel; select choose file; choose photo library ( on iOS); and choose images to upload.  Be patient while it loads and the post comment.  Hopefully that helps  :)
    Yes to both. Thanks!

• I'm through with screaming
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    edited March 2018
    Repeat post. Ugh. 

Awww!  She's so tiny it took me a couple seconds to realize that's a ball in her mouth.
  • haha yes that's not a regular sized tennis ball. She's 8 pounds. Chi/jack russell mix estimated to be about 2 years old. 

Yay!  Hello tweedyfanjen’s pup.  Welcome.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Long story short—Kasey appears to be much better. Further X-rays didn’t show anything else. Vet thinks perhaps the thing they saw first time around was a soft tissue issue. So we’re thinking it was just a sprained ligament or something. She’s been walking around without the limp for over a week now. We’re not letting her up the steps when we’re not home. Quite the range of emotions from thinking she had a bone tumor to where we are today....very grateful right now!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152

Good news.

Nice shirt.

This weekend we rock Portland
    Keep rocking, Kasey!  Gotta be a relief.

Also, there are few things in life as pure as the face of a happy dog romping through the snow.
    Long story short—Kasey appears to be much better. Further X-rays didn’t show anything else. Vet thinks perhaps the thing they saw first time around was a soft tissue issue. So we’re thinking it was just a sprained ligament or something. She’s been walking around without the limp for over a week now. We’re not letting her up the steps when we’re not home. Quite the range of emotions from thinking she had a bone tumor to where we are today....very grateful right now!

Great news! I'd been wondering about her diagnosis. :heart:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Thank's to Enkidu's husband (aka Mr. E and/or The Most Interesting Man in the World) for putting this on youtube.

Piper has had her "yellow bunny" since day 1. It is THE ONLY toy she never wanted to destroy. last weekend, winnie was at a show so we pulled out the yellow bunny....if winnie had been around, it would have been a tug o' war toy, just like all the others.

anyway, this is what piper always does....very gentle chewing, accompanied by paw movement. it's her serenity toy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnQ_jn2jGYk&feature=youtu.be

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I LOVE THIS.

And Mr. E rocks, as always.
    Aww Juggie, that’s wonderful news.  I hope the soft tissue injury heals soon but I’m glad *clears throat, prepares best Ahnold impression,* it’s not a tumour.

. . . and holy shit Wob, that was intense!  The action!  the drama!  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time!

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Hey Juggler, such good news about Kasey!  She'd been on my mind. 

Rob, almost hate to say this, but that vid of Piper reminds me of a kitty cat.   :giggle:  
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

• Yay!  Hello tweedyfanjen’s pup.  Welcome.
    Thanks! Her name's Maggie.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    That's his fucking cuddle face.

If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV