How you feeling right now???

Comments

• northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Pissed off! I'm being forced to get the flu shot which means I will now get sick and feel like shit for the next three to seven days. Not from the flu, but from the shot and the toxic shit in it. 
    I miss my country where there was actually such a thing as freedom of choice. 
    There's nothing toxic in it lol.
    I get one every year and never feel sick.
    Congratulations, I'm glad that you don't have to experience the muscle aches and spasms, fever, headache, dizziness, fatigue or nausea that come with every vaccination shot I receive. It sucks and I don't wish it on anyone, but I'm glad you you find it amusing. 
    Also FYI, yes there are toxic properties in every flu shot, just labeled at "safe for human consumption" values. My body does not react well to these at any level.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited February 2018
    Pissed off! I'm being forced to get the flu shot which means I will now get sick and feel like shit for the next three to seven days. Not from the flu, but from the shot and the toxic shit in it. 
    Congratulations, I'm glad that you don't have to experience the muscle aches and spasms, fever, headache, dizziness, fatigue or nausea that come with every vaccination shot I receive. It sucks and I don't wish it on anyone, but I'm glad you you find it amusing. 
    Also FYI, yes there are toxic properties in every flu shot, just labeled at "safe for human consumption" values. My body does not react well to these at any level.
    How did you come to the conclusion that I found it amusing?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How did you come to the conclusion that I found it amusing?
    Perhaps the "lol"?

Surely the concept that people respond differently in various scenarios isn't so far-fetched.

I wouldn't want to be belittled for something that has a strong impact on me.  Would you?
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Oh geez, lay off the poor guy. Obviously he didn’t know about ND’s very strong adverse reaction to that particular shot. He wasn’t trying to be mean or callous, he was probably just trying to ease her mind about it in a lighthearted way. 
    Lay off?  I wasn't laying on, I was replying.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Lay on, lay on, lay on, lay on...."

https://youtu.be/WeMXdaId60U
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    hedonist said:
    Lay off?  I wasn't laying on, I was replying.
    Of course you were. 
    Great song, DK.

RS, sorry, but I'm not sure where this commentary is coming from.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    @northerndragon Hope the shot isn't too hard on you; it certainly wasn't too hard on the actual flu this year. My daughter was the only one in our household to not get the shot, and she was also the only one in our household to not get the flu. :i_dunno:

Get some extra loving attention from that southern boy if you need it (e.g., foot rubs, neck rubs, back rubs). Tell him I'll open a can of whupass if he neglects you during your time of need.

:hug:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    The flu shot seems to often cause people issues, most commonly giving them the symptoms of the flu. This is unsurprising given the nature of a vaccine. So even if you yourself can get one with no adverse effects, it's quite silly to assume that should be the case for everyone else.

Hope you get through it ok ND
  • dankind said:6
    @northerndragon Hope the shot isn't too hard on you; it certainly wasn't too hard on the actual flu this year. My daughter was the only one in our household to not get the shot, and she was also the only one in our household to not get the flu. :i_dunno:

Get some extra loving attention from that southern boy if you need it (e.g., foot rubs, neck rubs, back rubs). Tell him I'll open a can of whupass if he neglects you during your time of need.

:hug:
    So you all had the vaccine and got flu?she didn't and didn't get flu? 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Also why does every thread end up getting nasty. Be calm. Be nice. And try to understand everyones opinion . We all have different reactions to everything in life not just meds or vaccines. People. Stress. Drugs.parents. work.having children. Lets help eachother not hurt eachother
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited February 2018
    I wasn't making fun of ND's situation.
    She never even mentioned how severe here reaction was when I posted.
    The lol was because I found the claim that the vaccine is toxic to be absurd seeing it is administered on a global scale and most are fine. Why would they use toxins.
    You people like making me out to be some villain on this board.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The lol was because I found the claim that the vaccine is toxic to be absurd seeing it is administered on a global scale and most are fine. Why would they use toxins.
    Thanks for editing out your unnecessary comment to me and others.

I truly don't get these odd responses and overreactions; I'll chalk it up to some having a less-than-good day.  Hope yours gets better.

Thread integrity - feeling uplifted after seeing several adorable dogs at the grooming / walking place across the street from my work.  I need to find out if they accept visitors!

hedonist said:

I truly don't get these odd responses and overreactions; I'll chalk it up to some having a less-than-good day.  Hope yours gets better.

Thread integrity - feeling uplifted after seeing several adorable dogs at the grooming / walking place across the street from my work.  I need to find out if they accept visitors!

Do you need to be groomed, walked or both?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:

Do you need to be groomed, walked or both?
    Both!  Fed, too.
    hedonist said:

Nah, I didn't have a bad day, Hedonist.. I just woke up in the morning and read your post as well as ND's post.
    I wonder what it must feel like to accuse someone of something when you know they obviously did not mean to offend or belittle someone just so you can feel and appear to be self-righteous to others on an internet forum? Maybe it's a clever veiled troll. 
    Don't bother replying to this as I won't be reading your posts or replying to you again. Do not post anything directed at me or PM me.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:

Nah, I didn't have a bad day, Hedonist.. I just woke up in the morning and read your post as well as ND's post.
    I wonder what it must feel like to accuse someone of something when you know they obviously did not mean to offend or belittle someone just so you can feel and appear to be self-righteous to others on an internet forum? Maybe it's a clever veiled troll. 
    Don't bother replying to this as I won't be reading your posts or replying to you again. Do not post anything directed at me or PM me.

Whoah. You are way out of line here. Nothing that was posted by hedo or ND was unwarranted, given your initial comments. No, it's not obvious that you didn't mean to belittle someone when you post "lol" in response to their comment. And given that you're the one who responded with profanities, I don't see that you have a leg to stand on here. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    edited March 2018
    hedonist said:

Whoah. You are way out of line here. Nothing that was posted by hedo or ND was unwarranted, given your initial comments. No, it's not obvious that you didn't mean to belittle someone when you post "lol" in response to their comment. And given that you're the one who responded with profanities, I don't see that you have a leg to stand on here. 
    As I said in my previous post, "The lol was because I found the claim that the vaccine is toxic to be absurd seeing it is administered on a global scale and most are fine. Why would they use toxins."
    That is not belittling someone. That's having a contrary opinion to a claim about vaccines.
    I'm not trying to claim any moral high ground here, that's your opinion.
    Yes I did respond with profanities but I edited them right away.
    Yes I got banned for another profanity post.
    I served my ban and apologised to the forum admin.

Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    hedonist said:

You told me and Jenny and "others" to get fucked.  That doesn't seem unintentionally offensive.

I'll reply to whatever I want.  You feel free to do the same or not

(awesome you've returned in fine form!)
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

You told me and Jenny and "others" to get fucked.  That doesn't seem unintentionally offensive.

I'll reply to whatever I want.  You feel free to do the same or not

(awesome you've returned in fine form!)
    Putting words in my mouth now?
    Obviously I was referring to my post to Northerndragon. 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Sad to see some misunderstandings going on here... 

...happened to me too before. 
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I feel good and $100 a month less in debt! This is my last night of cable...and landline phone (that was rarely used). I will find a way to stream what I feel like watching.
    I feel good and $100 a month less in debt! This is my last night of cable...and landline phone (that was rarely used). I will find a way to stream what I feel like watching.
    Good call! I quit cable and satellite about three years ago and now do Roku. With Hulu, HBO, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, we're still paying less than half than before. And now that telemarketers and crooks can get cell phone numbers, there’s no reason for a landline, IMO. I always figured people kept their landline to give out when asked for but only friends or family had their cell number. All that has changed. 
    edited March 2018
    :naughty:

Edit: I have NO idea why I posted that emoji just 40 minutes ago, but I’d love to hear others’ theories. :lol:
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
    kce8 said:
    Sad to see some misunderstandings going on here... 

...happened to me too before. 
    Same. Very sad. Everyone is valuable in their own way. Why can’t some people see that? Me...I’m so stoked to meet all different PJ fans! It’s an euphoria-inducing experience of beauty...all these different people brought together by this band, this music. It’s like the epitome of what music should be, should do. 
    Yeah, it kinda sucks when someone tosses shit at you for no reason.

Such is life; such are some people.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2018
    One more day left of an insane schedule that hasn't afforded me a day off in a couple of weeks. Really looking forward to sleeping all day on Saturday. I think I've logged almost 80 hours in the last 7 days. Feeling a little over extended, but well worth it. 
    hedonist said:
    Yeah, it kinda sucks when someone tosses shit at you for no reason.

Such is life; such are some people.
    It's a prestigious primate pastime! And I won't sit idly by and have you besmirch the beloved history of dodgepoop.

I SAW PEARL JAM