Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    mcgruff10 said:
    everyone going to wrigley 1 or 2 should change their avatar to themselves so i can place a forum name with a face.

Mike  (and my wife christine in the photo)
    Ill meet you for a beer and any other 10c’er!  Going Sat with my wife and Monday with a friend!!  Used to live 4 blocks from wrigley...  now just a poor suburban soul...
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730

I'm in for Saturday! Little brother Nicky is my concert buddy.

We're lucky enough to live a hop, skip, and a jump from Wrigley.

See yous at the Cubby Bear for a 312 before the show.

Don't judge me if I opt for a Green Line or a 3 Floyd's product at Murphy's. I don't think Cubby Bear carries 3 Floyd's. :smiley:
    I'm judging you....you seem awesome.

In 2016 at Cubby Bear they didn;t have much good though...Cant remember what I ended up drinking.  Another bar near had Revolution at least.
    Aww shucks! I feel like both Sluggers and Murphys tend to carry a pretty good supply of beer. If memory serves correctly, Murphys had the biggest list, the Sluggers then Cubby Bear. That's just from those three. By the time I make it to any of the other places, a 312 or even a domestic light beer will suit me just fine. Lol

Sea/Kat, could you please have Ed contact Beth Murphy to have her arrange for Murphy's to have several kegs of Zombie Dust on hand for the PJ shows? We have a lot of craft beer out of towners coming in and they deserve to sample the deliciousness that is Zombie Dust. Please and thank you. :smiley:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    awesome!   where in jersey are you from?
    Bergen county 
    nice!  i am down in howell which is in monmouth county.  about an hour south from you.  
    WHAT???????? I am in Howell too.....i have never ever seen or heard of another PJ fan in this town! nice!
    65 square mile town and two pj fans lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    Hey - I'll be staying in Oakbrook Terrace while I'm in town.  I have a question about the Monday night concert for anyone from Chicago... what would be the best way for me to handle getting into Chicago early and then heading back out to Oakbrook after the show:

1) Park at a "El" stop and take train in?
    - if that would parking at Howard on the redline be ok...car safe? or better to do Rosemont and take blue line in?
    2) Getting a parking spot near wrigley and drive in early and drive out (Spothero)
    3) Other?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    edited February 2018
    Hey - I'll be staying in Oakbrook Terrace while I'm in town.  I have a question about the Monday night concert for anyone from Chicago... what would be the best way for me to handle getting into Chicago early and then heading back out to Oakbrook after the show:

- if that would parking at Howard on the redline be ok...car safe? or better to do Rosemont and take blue line in?
    2) Getting a parking spot near wrigley and drive in early and drive out (Spothero)
    3) Other?
    Probably Uber. Front door delivery without the hassle. The ride from Oakbrook is not bad. 
    bbiggs said:

3) Other?
    Probably Uber. Front door delivery without the hassle. The ride from Oakbrook is not bad. 
    Thought about that...easy to get Uber after the concert?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    bbiggs said:

3) Other?
    That’s the million dollar question. We had a car pre-booked in 2016 so I can’t say from experience as far as finding an Uber as soon as the show ends. I’m sure if you’re willing to walk a few blocks and/or wait it out a half hour after the show you’ll find one. Maybe someone else can chime in though. 
  • Night 1 2016 I walked a few blocks down Clark right after the show, ordered an uber and waited maybe 10 minutes for it to show up. Traffic sucked but getting a car wasn't the problem at all
    Hey, I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I'm certainly not the dumbest.
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    bbiggs said:

3) Other?
    NOT AT ALL!

Was a MESS around Wrigley in 2016.  you are better off getting on the L and getting away from the area and then call an Uber
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • bbiggs said:

3) Other?
    Agreed with Uber
    You could evaluate the cost too on the front end (or both ends) and take either of the Hinsdale Metra lines into Union Station.  From Union station walk down 4 blocks or so to the Red Line on Jackson and State take that Northbound to the Addison stop. 
    After the show the last train from Union Station back to the Hindsdale stops is 12:40 am I believe.  With curfew at Wrigley being a hard 11:30 pm stop time on a Monday that should give you plenty of time to cab or Uber back to Union Station. 
    Plus its socially acceptable to bring a 6 pack on the Metra trains to pregame if you'd like. (After all the Metra is Chicago's largest moving bar) . The Metra's are clean and spacious. 
    For reference for the line that I believe would be most appropriate for you reference the schedule for the BNSF Railway line at www.metrarail.com

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    For anyone using trains to get to the Southeast/Indiana, you would likely be using the South Shore Line from Millennium Park. Pay attention as to how late they run on the concert nights (especially Monday). Then factor in that post show, the red line outside of Wrigley is going to be friggin insane and may take 5ou much longer to get to Millennium Park to catch the last South Shore.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I'm in for Saturday! Little brother Nicky is my concert buddy.

Don't judge me if I opt for a Green Line or a 3 Floyd's product at Murphy's. I don't think Cubby Bear carries 3 Floyd's. :smiley:

In 2016 at Cubby Bear they didn;t have much good though...Cant remember what I ended up drinking.  Another bar near had Revolution at least.
    Aww shucks! I feel like both Sluggers and Murphys tend to carry a pretty good supply of beer. If memory serves correctly, Murphys had the biggest list, the Sluggers then Cubby Bear. That's just from those three. By the time I make it to any of the other places, a 312 or even a domestic light beer will suit me just fine. Lol

Sea/Kat, could you please have Ed contact Beth Murphy to have her arrange for Murphy's to have several kegs of Zombie Dust on hand for the PJ shows? We have a lot of craft beer out of towners coming in and they deserve to sample the deliciousness that is Zombie Dust. Please and thank you. :smiley:
     Zombie Dust. That would be awesome! I thought I was lucky to get 2 six packs for holidays. Usually Gumball Head
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431

I'm in for Saturday! Little brother Nicky is my concert buddy.

Zombie Dust. That would be awesome! I thought I was lucky to get 2 six packs for holidays. Usually Gumball Head
    Gumball Head = nectar of the gods
  • GA for Saturday here!!!
    Thanks all
    hippiemom = goodness
  • JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    Reserved night 1 and first time ever GA for night 2!
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Dyer!!?? Where u at?? You makin it to CHI???
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    Totally excited! Looking forward to the whole experience in general. I will keep look out for updates. Come on August!
    The hotel I want is full. Shocker. :angry:
    Wow like nothing left in walking distance. Fantastic.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited February 2018
    We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    Totally excited! Looking forward to the whole experience in general. I will keep look out for updates. Come on August!
    The Wishlist Foundation events pages are up on facebook:

Night 1: https://www.facebook.com/events/331866270636689/
    Night 2: https://www.facebook.com/events/188746711873775/

Also... has anyone ever stayed at the River Hotel on Wacker?  I got a pretty decent rate on it but I'm considering just doing the Congress again as its cheaper and damn decent.

Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    Ok folks. If I can't book a hotel within 2 miles how do I get to the show? Cab? Uber? I'm mostly worried about getting back to the hotel. Anyone know of any hotels not in walking distance that shuttle?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,901
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Ok folks. If I can't book a hotel within 2 miles how do I get to the show? Cab? Uber? I'm mostly worried about getting back to the hotel. Anyone know of any hotels not in walking distance that shuttle?
    I'm staying downtown and taking the train on the red line.  Its cheap and not a long ride. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    JojoRice said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    I'm staying downtown and taking the train on the red line.  Its cheap and not a long ride. 
    me too.  I'm somewhere on the magnificent mile and will be taking an uber or the red line.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

the Red Line is your best friend.

We are staying in Wrigleyville but my sister and her husband are doing like mcgruff and JoJo and staying downtown.

Just hop on the RedLine to Addison stop.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Thank you!! I'll keep looking for a room!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Not many hotels in walking distance to wrigley.  Maybe check out airbnb options near Wrigley if you want something walkable.  Like others mentioned, anywhere near the red line downtown would be nice and easy.
    Ok what is the magnificent mile? What are skydecks? And loops refer to the train?
  • BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,010
    mcgruff10 said:
    JojoRice said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    me too.  I'm somewhere on the magnificent mile and will be taking an uber or the red line.
    Same here...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
    There are ALOT of hotels in CHI! I just want the one I had last time damn it.