Do Aliens Exist?

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Yes
    dignin said:
    I have been thinking about these articles for 24 hours straight.  Just amazing stuff that I don't know how it's not being talked about.
    It really is pretty astounding. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Yes, and they have visited Earth
    https://youtu.be/vLfkDJPoGGI
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    http://www.phils.com.au/hill.htm
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Yes
    For a species to be able to travel to our planet, they would have to have intelligence and technology far advanced of ours.  So if there are aliens from another world here, why would they not have used their intelligence to either clear us out of the way or show us how to solve our problems or do something with their time here in a big way?  Why would they just hang around all these years?  And since they would have to be super advanced in intelligence and technology, one would have to assume that they would know how not to be seen, so why would there these "sightings" occasional  occur?  Doesn't that seen highly unlikely?  Alien's presence here make no sense whatsoever.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Yes
    P.S.  My answer should read "no".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    X-Files says yes. 

btw new X-Files tonight
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    Yes
    CM189191 said:
    X-Files says yes. 

btw new X-Files tonight
    Let us know how they are.  I'm still working on Q-Files. 

brianlux said:
    For a species to be able to travel to our planet, they would have to have intelligence and technology far advanced of ours.  So if there are aliens from another world here, why would they not have used their intelligence to either clear us out of the way or show us how to solve our problems or do something with their time here in a big way?  Why would they just hang around all these years?  And since they would have to be super advanced in intelligence and technology, one would have to assume that they would know how not to be seen, so why would there these "sightings" occasional  occur?  Doesn't that seen highly unlikely?  Alien's presence here make no sense whatsoever.

This is how the humans thinking..they are far intelligence from us, we can't understand their intentions..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    brianlux said:
    Really? No? You think there is absolutely no other life in the universe? Earth is just that special? I'm surprised that you would think that Brian.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2018
    brianlux said:

What if they just want to observe? Or for any number of other reasons you haven't considered? As 23scidoo said, you're applying human logic to non-humans. that is what makes no sense IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Yes
    to sound totally ridiculous and stupid, Brian, I would say that maybe the Star Trek philosophy would apply here: to not interfere with the existence of other species/planets unless absolutely necessary. I would imagine a higher intelligent being would understand the importance of letting shit play out on its own, as opposed to how humans approach things. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2018
    to sound totally ridiculous and stupid, Brian, I would say that maybe the Star Trek philosophy would apply here: to not interfere with the existence of other species/planets unless absolutely necessary. I would imagine a higher intelligent being would understand the importance of letting shit play out on its own, as opposed to how humans approach things. 
    Given how much Star Trek has already influenced scientific efforts so far, and given the excellent ideals it sets up for us to consider in the future, I think referencing it as a point of a consideration makes perfect sense. Yeah, that does sound ridiculous, but it's still true, lol. :glasses:
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Really? No? You think there is absolutely no other life in the universe? Earth is just that special? I'm surprised that you would think that Brian.
    Oh oops!  I mean, no, I don't think they are here on earth. 

As for out there?  I used to think the chances were excellent but having watched several of the Brian Cox series regarding the universe I'm not as sure.  I'll try to find the exact segment that gave me some doubts.

Yes
    That would be good advice, HFD.  And again, if an alien species were advanced enough to get here, they would probably understand just that and, if following that philosophy,  would also be super highly unlikely to allow themselves to be seen.  That's why I believe all of these sightings are anything but "aliens".

Maybe they just don't have cloaking technology yet. ;)
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    Maybe they just don't have cloaking technology yet. ;)
    LOL!  They need to pay more attention to Star Trek!

Yes
    brianlux said:
    That would be good advice, HFD.  And again, if an alien species were advanced enough to get here, they would probably understand just that and, if following that philosophy,  would also be super highly unlikely to allow themselves to be seen.  That's why I believe all of these sightings are anything but "aliens".
    I think we tend to think of an alien race as all the same, as one intelligent collective, but maybe, in reality, they are just like us; they have technology and are highly evolved, but the spectrum of intelligence among them is a larger spectrum that we think, there are still idiots who shoot themselves in the foot, or, in their case, let themselves be seen. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yes
    brianlux said:
    I think we tend to think of an alien race as all the same, as one intelligent collective, but maybe, in reality, they are just like us; they have technology and are highly evolved, but the spectrum of intelligence among them is a larger spectrum that we think, there are still idiots who shoot themselves in the foot, or, in their case, let themselves be seen. 
    Good point!  I'd like to see a good sci fi flick with a plot revolves around an orange haired idiot who screws things up royally for the rest of the intergalactic crew. :wink:

Stupid China..

https://youtu.be/ge_sMw8AQ3o
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited February 2018
    No
    I'm off topic for a second.
    Didn't know where else to put this.
    Hugh, if you're looking for something fun to do go see the White Buffalo.  It's probably like $23 a ticket. I don't know what your currency is up there in Canada.
    The White Buffalo is playing in your town March 12th.  I've seen him twice, very good stuff.
    http://thewhitebuffalo.com/
    PJ_Soul, Vancouver
    March 3rd.
    https://youtu.be/egpWRloyz44
    I Am the Moon
    https://youtu.be/Gt2SDbXoQ5g
    Cheers!!
    Post edited by RYME on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yes
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:

What if they just want to observe? Or for any number of other reasons you haven't considered? As 23scidoo said, you're applying human logic to non-humans. that is what makes no sense IMO.
    If they just want to observe, they can do that from the dark side of the moon, we broadcast everything we do.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2018
    No
    I shall resume this topic.
    It's amazing to me how many of the people who claim they don't believe in God because they cannot see any proof,
    Yet are very willing to believe in aliens witch they cannot see either.  So why alliens but not God?
    God at least will kick the rocks out of the road for you if you put your faith in Him.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    No
    I don't believe in either but if i had to choose a more plausible one..
     Aliens everytime
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    RYME said:
    It's amazing to me how many of the people who claim they don't believe in God because they cannot see any proof,
    Yet are very willing to believe in aliens witch they cannot see either.  So why alliens but not God?
    God at least will kick the rocks out of the road for you if you put your faith in Him.
    The universe is way too big for me to believe that we are the only living beings.  There is so much out there that we have yet to discover. Shit there's parts of our very oceans we've yet to discover.  I don't believe in god because its all fairy tales.  Science has discredited whats written in the bible time and time again.  Religion was created by man to control the weak.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Yes
    RYME said:
    I've never heard one story from anyone who said they prayed for a rock to be removed and god did it for them. 

extra terrestrials are amost a given, given the sheer size and incomreprehensibility of the universe. it is arrogant for us to think we are the only ones. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    RYME said:
    I've got plenty of proof of life existing in the universe... 

It's all around us... 

God, not so much
    edited March 2018
    RYME said:
    Because the existence of aliens makes logical sense and has scientific viability, while the existence of God does not (besides, some of us have seen proof).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited March 2018
    No
    More power to ya.  Believe whatever you want.
    It's not arrogance, for me it's a matter of trust or distrust in the Bible.  Yes the universe is huge and I believe that God Himself created the whole thing.
    I believe God's word.  And as Christ said in Mark 13,  "Behold I have foretold you all things." 
    https://christiananswers.net/bible/mark13.html
     There's not one mention in the Bible about extraterrestrial life out there somewhere.  So to be consistent in my faith, if there were aliens, they would've been credited by God and part of God's creation.  And He would have informed us about their existence if they were there.
    But since there is no mention of any aliens in the Bible, I do not believe they exist.
    However, flying saucers are mentioned in the Bible but they're not Unidentified.
    Ezekiel chapter 1.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    RYME said:
    It's not arrogance, for me it's a matter of trust or distrust in the Bible.  Yes the universe is huge and I believe that God Himself created the whole thing.
    I believe God's word.  And as Christ said in Mark 13,  "Behold I have foretold you all things." 
     There's not one mention in the Bible about extraterrestrial life out there somewhere.  So to be consistent in my faith, if there were aliens, they would've been credited by God and part of God's creation.  And He would have informed us about their existence if they were there.
    But since there is no mention of any aliens in the Bible, I do not believe they exist.
    However, flying saucers are mentioned in the Bible but they're not Unidentified.
    Ezekiel chapter 1.
    If you were born & raised in Riyadh Saudi Arabia or Kyoto Japan, you think you would still be a Christian?

If you think yes, you're fooling yourself 
    No
    my2hands said:
    RYME said:
    Ezekiel chapter 1.
    If you were born & raised in Riyadh Saudi Arabia or Kyoto Japan, you think you would still be a Christian?

If you think yes, you're fooling yourself 
    Christians do exist in those countries, they're just not as open about it for obvious reasons.