Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    FrankSFrankS Posts: 273
    Better than to have Wrigley 1 reserved as a second priority and leave all of Night 2 as my 3rd and 4th picks?
    8/23/2009[Chicago], 5/07/2010[Noblesville], 9/3/2011 [PJ20], 9/4/2011 [PJ20], 7/19/2013 [Chicago], 10/17/2014 [Moline], 8/22/2016 [Chicago], 8/18/2018 [Chicago], 8/20/2018 [Chicago]; 9/5/2023 [Chicago]; 9/7/2023 [Chicago]
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,521
    FrankS said:
    Better than to have Wrigley 1 reserved as a second priority and leave all of Night 2 as my 3rd and 4th picks?
    Yes. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    my order:
    fenway 1.
    fenway 2.

that's all i want. :smiley:
    Same, and I think we should be ok based on the odds at this point. 
    i hope so. night 1 down to 83%. tomorrow morning can't come soon enough.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kaw753 said:
    My two cents . . .this is a charity show . . PJ is aware of their fanbase . . .that is why they said they believe they can fulfill all/most fanclub tickets.  They have taken steps to increase fanclub tixs for these shows.  Stadium shows are not designed to be a personal, up close experience with the band.  I'm sure they have evaluated the seats/views, etc and selected what they believe are the best sections for club members, factoring in the demand.  I've been to many PJ shows, I have a decent member number, and have fared well at arena shows.  But ball park shows are different, I would MUCH rather be in ANY section filled with 10club members than pay way over price on secondary sites and be surrounded by people talking through songs, talking on their phones . . .you get my point.  Part of the PJ experience is being a part of this community and sharing it together.  TRUST me on this, if you win lottery, stop there.  Go and enjoy what I've enjoyed for the last 18 years, a show where you don't need to know the person next to you to grab their arm in excitement, share a look at something Ed has said.  

Just my two cents . . .
    I don't want to get off on a tangent, but seriously WTF is with people talking during concerts? I can think of 5 shows I have been to in the last few years where I actively had to seek out places where grown adults were not talking for 2 hours straight. And they need to talk louder to be heard over the band. I notice there are a lot of people at shows who are just there to be there, not there because they actually like the band (or comedian). 
    OMG Thank you! I was at a Morrissey show a couple of months ago, and two people sat directly in front of me and talked loudly for over half of the show. I was ready to lose my mind. I just don't get people who do that.  
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    Option 2
  • Options
    Boston/Seattle looks good too
  • Options
    Mr BenjaminMr Benjamin Adelaide, Australia Posts: 88
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kaw753 said:
    My two cents . . .this is a charity show . . PJ is aware of their fanbase . . .that is why they said they believe they can fulfill all/most fanclub tickets.  They have taken steps to increase fanclub tixs for these shows.  Stadium shows are not designed to be a personal, up close experience with the band.  I'm sure they have evaluated the seats/views, etc and selected what they believe are the best sections for club members, factoring in the demand.  I've been to many PJ shows, I have a decent member number, and have fared well at arena shows.  But ball park shows are different, I would MUCH rather be in ANY section filled with 10club members than pay way over price on secondary sites and be surrounded by people talking through songs, talking on their phones . . .you get my point.  Part of the PJ experience is being a part of this community and sharing it together.  TRUST me on this, if you win lottery, stop there.  Go and enjoy what I've enjoyed for the last 18 years, a show where you don't need to know the person next to you to grab their arm in excitement, share a look at something Ed has said.  

Just my two cents . . .
    I don't want to get off on a tangent, but seriously WTF is with people talking during concerts? I can think of 5 shows I have been to in the last few years where I actively had to seek out places where grown adults were not talking for 2 hours straight. And they need to talk louder to be heard over the band. I notice there are a lot of people at shows who are just there to be there, not there because they actually like the band (or comedian). 
    OMG Thank you! I was at a Morrissey show a couple of months ago, and two people sat directly in front of me and talked loudly for over half of the show. I was ready to lose my mind. I just don't get people who do that.  
    EV show in Adelaide 2011 I think it was. Three woman next to us chatting away a bit. Two of them spent the entire show (seriously not exaggerating) talking and showing each other photos on facebook. We started off politely asking them a couple times, then a little short and asked why they even came. Ultimately, I snapped after he played Blackbird and screamed at them.
    George, Washington (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, Quebec (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 25, 2005)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 22, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, England (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, Australia (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, Australia (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, Australia (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, Australia (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, Australia (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, New Zealand (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, New Zealand (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kaw753 said:

Just my two cents . . .
    EV show in Adelaide 2011 I think it was. Three woman next to us chatting away a bit. Two of them spent the entire show (seriously not exaggerating) talking and showing each other photos on facebook. We started off politely asking them a couple times, then a little short and asked why they even came. Ultimately, I snapped after he played Blackbird and screamed at them.
    Oh no! That's miserable. Good for you for calling them out on it, although it's pretty rude that they still kept on after you politely asked them to keep it down. People are just so inconsiderate! I really had to bite my tongue with the two that were in front of me because I was on the verge of losing it, but the person I was with didn't really want a confrontation. Grrrr......It put such a damper on the show. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I think plenty o' people (if not all) will get Wrigley 1 reserved with their third priority. Last I checked, it's at 75%. What happens after night 1 GA are drawn? 90 - 99% of the remaining members requesting reserved get it? Then think about the people who've picked night 1 reserved, who picked it with a lower priority... 4, 5, etc. Lots of people are trying for GA multiple nights. It wouldn't surprise me if people get Wrigley 1 reserved as their 4th priority.
  • Options
    There already telling you those that have it picked as their 4th priority are at risk
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    looking to get into both seattle shows. really want ga for one of the shows, but need to guarantee tickets for both. how are my picks looking?
    seattle 1 ga
    seattle 2 ga
    seattle 2 res
    seattle 1 res

There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    Is putting a GA Seattle pick in slot 2 a wasted pick?  All should be gone by then I assume?  It's basically pick one to try for, right?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    go pre said:
    looking to get into both seattle shows. really want ga for one of the shows, but need to guarantee tickets for both. how are my picks looking?
    seattle 1 ga
    seattle 2 ga
    seattle 2 res
    seattle 1 res

I don't think you have much chance scoring Seattle 2 GA as a second choice...
    I would drop that and move the reserved seats to #2 & #3 choices.
    That SHOULD get you in to both shows.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    go pre said:
    seattle 1 ga
    seattle 2 ga
    seattle 2 res
    seattle 1 res

I would put Seattle 2 as your number 1 priority since it has the lowest odds.  Put Seattle 1 as second priority.  
  • Options
    Don’t see any ga going to second round except miss 
  • Options
    go prego pre Posts: 650
    derbydave said:
    go pre said:
    seattle 1 ga
    seattle 2 ga
    seattle 2 res
    seattle 1 res

done. i was really trying to be optimistic, but i really just need to make sure i get in the door for that second show. i took my name out of the hat for seattle 2 ga. thanks!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    Would love thoughts on my Chicago Approach: 

• I absolutely want to go N1 and really want to go both nights if possible. 
    • My GF is short so while I'd love to go GA, I won't be devastated if I get RES both nights. 

OPTION 1: 

1) N2 GA - Not only is it higher odds, but I think many folks have N1GA and even N1RES ahead of it. Talk of N2 GA lasting to 2nd choice lin 2016. Feels like best bet at all but locking in GA?

2) N1 RES - Moving this to 2nd is a little riskier. It's only 75% but guessing almost everyone has N1 GA ahead of it, and many have N2 GA ahead of it...am I crazy for thinking I'm near lock to get N1 RES here? 

3) N2 RES - It's 99%... a lock... and a fallback for pick1 of N2 GA. 

OPTION 2: IMO going N1 RES / N2 GA / N2 RES is the safest way to guaranteed be in the door each night, while still having a (small) shot at GA one night. Thoughts? 

Both options would punt on N1 GA. 
    I have considered this too. I just don't know. 
  • Options
    Do you guys think getting Seattle night 2 reserved as a 3rd pick would be a pretty sure thing?

• Options
    go pre said:
    derbydave said:
    go pre said:
    seattle 1 ga
    seattle 2 ga
    seattle 2 res
    seattle 1 res

done. i was really trying to be optimistic, but i really just need to make sure i get in the door for that second show. i took my name out of the hat for seattle 2 ga. thanks!

I think that's your best bet...
    especially if you don't really want GA for both shows.
    This will give you the best shot at one GA show and if you don't get them,
    you should be okay scoring reserved for the first show with those 99% odds!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Jvollman said:
    FrankS said:
    Currently at:

Wrigley 1 GA - 1st priority
    Wrigley 2 GA - 2nd priority
    Wrigley 1 reserved - 3rd priority
    Wrigley 2 reserved - 4th priority

Anyone know what the odds of winning tickets for both nights being?
    There’s a chance you get none with those choices. 
    This is exactly what I have at this moment and now you guys have me second guessing my self. 
    Although it looks like N2 Res is a definite. I just don’t have the guts to go GA for first two picks!! 
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    BRONDO said:
    Don’t see any ga going to second round except miss 
    It may not be prevalent, but I can't imagine GA NOT going into Round 2. It happened for Wrigley in 2016. Why wouldn't it happen this year with 3 more stadium shows? 
  • Options
    Do you guys think getting Seattle night 2 reserved as a 3rd pick would be a pretty sure thing?

Possibly...but I think Seattle night 1 reserved is!!!

• Options
    Ga for sea nite 2 and wrigley nite 1 % reflects some second picks but no realistic third picks, I estimate 25% increase in posted odds for 1 st round picks
  • Options
    Bos1 may be tricky 
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    BRONDO said:
    Ga for sea nite 2 and wrigley nite 1 % reflects some second picks but no realistic third picks, I estimate 25% increase in posted odds for 1 st round picks
    Agreed.
  • Options
    No I’m saying probably no chance at ga 2nd round except miss
  • Options
    Bottom line: CHI N1 Reserved (~70%) at Slot #2 once the GA smoke clears? 

Lock? 
    Risky? 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    BRONDO said:
    No I’m saying probably no chance at ga 2nd round except miss
    We'll see tomorrow. My guess is people will get 2nd priority GA for both Wrigley and Seattle shows. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Bottom line: CHI N1 Reserved (~70%) at Slot #2 once the GA smoke clears? 

Lock? 
    Risky? 
    I hate to say anything is a lock, but I think you can safely bet on Wrigley 1 with second priority. 70%... Okay. What happens to the odds after GA is drawn? Especially considering the people who won't pick reserved until their 3rd or 4th priority. Then consider the people who are taking a lower priority shot at Wrigley because other cities are more appealing. No problems at 2 for Wrigley 1 reserved.
    Post edited by 3days on