Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    edited February 2018
    JB288319 said:
    There is absolutely no guarantee that you will get reserved tix for Fenway 2, even if you have it as your first choice. Oh well.
    It's at 99% with an hour to go, if you've got Fenway 2 first on your list I don't see how you wouldn't get a ticket

Same... I'll be very surprised if you don't get Fenway 2 if it's noted as your first choice.

Shoot, I have it as my 2nd choice, and still feel pretty damn confident. Maybe I shouldn't, but I just don't think the demand will be all that high for this show. I have my doubts that it will even sell out considering how many fans have school age children at this point.

EDIT - I saw the notes about the typo - disregard.

My second point still stands though, I'll be surprised if night 2 sells out.

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    PJNB said:
    Zod said:
    Does anyone know how low the GA %'s dropped for the Wrigley 2016 shows?  Kind of curious how low they dropped, considered night 2 tickets had a few spares that spilled out into round 2.
     Night 1 was at 24%, can't recall what night 2 was at.
    Night 2 was 30%

Fenway
    Night #1 at 44% 
    Night #2 at 47% 

Wrigley
    Night 1:
    Reserved: 53%
    GA Standing: 24%

Night 2:
    Reserved: 69%
    GA Standing: 30%

Thanks for posting this PJNB.

In 2016 I had Wrigley 1 GA as first choice and Wrigley 1 Reserved as 2nd choice in 2016. I lost the GA, but did get the reserved backup from my 2nd selection.

Where my wife had Wrigley 2 GA as her first choice and did win. And I heard of people getting Wrigley 2 GA with 2nd choices.
  • Options

hahahahahaha
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I'm caving in and asking the masses. As the deadline approaches, nerves are kicking in. My choices are:
    Seattle N1 GA
    Wrigley N1 Res
    Seattle, N2 Res
    Seattle N1 Res

I think I'm going to Seattle solo, and just want the opportunity to try and snag a GA for once. Wrigley will be a last shot at summer trip with my wife, so hoping I can secure the reserves there. They are down to 68% now. Think I'm still  somewhat safe with my picks? 
  • Options
    SlickSlick Posts: 20
    Wife and I were going to do a getaway to Boston (live in Indiana) but that trip cost kept skyrocketing so just doing Wrigley 1.  Really hoping not to get shut out with GA then Reserved as my choices, we'll see
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    I'm caving in and asking the masses. As the deadline approaches, nerves are kicking in. My choices are:
    Seattle N1 GA
    Wrigley N1 Res
    Seattle, N2 Res
    Seattle N1 Res

I think I'm going to Seattle solo, and just want the opportunity to try and snag a GA for once. Wrigley will be a last shot at summer trip with my wife, so hoping I can secure the reserves there. They are down to 68% now. Think I'm still  somewhat safe with my picks? 
    Only one I see as a heavy gamble is your Seattle N2 Res as third. Nothing you can do about it but I think you are safe for 2/3 at least and need to get lucky on the last one. 
  • Options
    Good luck all!

I'm hoping for the best, but I'll be happy just getting in the building.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Seattle N1 GA
    Wrigley N1 Res
    Seattle, N2 Res
    Seattle N1 Res

Only one I see as a heavy gamble is your Seattle N2 Res as third. Nothing you can do about it but I think you are safe for 2/3 at least and need to get lucky on the last one. 
    Ya, part of me figures if I can at least get 10C for one, hopefully I can find someone with a spare for the other.
  • Options
    YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 32
    We're in the final hour and I'd debating switching things up even though I know I'll have the dreaded wait ALL DAY to find out if I won or lost.

Original picks;
    Sea 2 Res
    Sea 1 Res
    Sea 2 GA
    Sea 1 GA

Considering;
    Sea 1 GA  44%
    Sea 2 Res 84%
    Sea 1 Res  99%
    Sea 2 GA  36%

I've never done GA but want to, I always play it safe going for reserved but in this case the GA odds are better than usual and the reserved seats will likely be worse than usual (530xxx 10C #). 

If I change am I still pretty much guaranteed reserved for both??  That 84% will jump when the GA are selected for Sea 2 and 99% for Sea 1 Res should go to third round right? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    We're in the final hour and I'd debating switching things up even though I know I'll have the dreaded wait ALL DAY to find out if I won or lost.

Original picks;
    Sea 2 Res
    Sea 1 Res
    Sea 2 GA
    Sea 1 GA

Considering;
    Sea 1 GA  44%
    Sea 2 Res 84%
    Sea 1 Res  99%
    Sea 2 GA  36%

I've never done GA but want to, I always play it safe going for reserved but in this case the GA odds are better than usual and the reserved seats will likely be worse than usual (530xxx 10C #). 

If I change am I still pretty much guaranteed reserved for both??  That 84% will jump when the GA are selected for Sea 2 and 99% for Sea 1 Res should go to third round right? 
    You should get both nights with the second option and you have a good shot at GA. 
  • Options
    What do y'all think about:
    Wrigley:
    Night 1 Res
    Night 2 GA
    Night 2 Res
    Night 1 GA

WIth odds at 29% I figure you're likely getting reserved both nights. If ANYONE gets a GA ticket with anything other than 1st choice, it will likely be the longest of shots. IF you want GA, it REALLY should be in choice one. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Wrigley:
    Night 1 Res
    Night 2 GA
    Night 2 Res
    Night 1 GA

bump
  • Options

Original picks;
    Sea 2 Res
    Sea 1 Res
    Sea 2 GA
    Sea 1 GA

Considering;
    Sea 1 GA  44%
    Sea 2 Res 84%
    Sea 1 Res  99%
    Sea 2 GA  36%

Don't think there's any way at all you'd get Sea 2 GA  at 4 but I would absolutely try for at least one GA at first priority if I was in your shoes. Being in the GA pit at a show like that is really an incredible experience and worth the risk of moving one of the reserved selections to 2nd
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    Whatever your strategy is, this current method of tickets beats the hell out of having to smash the shit out of your F5 key and hoping the site doesn't crash.  I swear I almost got fired from my job every time we had to get tickets like that back in the day.  

Basically got paid to go to work and somehow not get caught doing nothing but hitting F5 all day.  

Ahh, those were the days!
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    edited February 2018
    Wrigley:
    Night 1 Res
    Night 2 GA
    Night 2 Res
    Night 1 GA

bump
    I would had done it like this if you are going for reserved 1st and GA 2nd. 

1.Night 1 reserved
    2.Night 2 reserved
    3.Night 1 GA
    4. Night 2 GA

Vice Versa for GA 1st and Reserved 2nd.

You still have to time to edit. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 238
    Submitted my new order. My only switch was moving flipping the Res priorities.

Sea 2 GA
    Sea 1 GA
    Sea 2 Res
    Sea 1 Res
  • Options
    Good luck all!

I'm hoping for the best, but I'll be happy just getting in the building.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,119
    edited February 2018
    Whatever your strategy is, this current method of tickets beats the hell out of having to smash the shit out of your F5 key and hoping the site doesn't crash.  I swear I almost got fired from my job every time we had to get tickets like that back in the day.  

Basically got paid to go to work and somehow not get caught doing nothing but hitting F5 all day.  

lol, most of the prime seats are now VIP TM, or TM platinum, priced to market, so for those willing to pay, they are easy to get.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    waupaca11waupaca11 los angeles Posts: 81
    Gotta go GA first if that is what you want. 
    I'm:

1. MT GA
    2. SEA 2 RES
    3. SEA 2 - GA (not gonna get it)
    4. MT RES

If I was a betting man I'd go SEA GA 1, then MT GA, as I think MT GA could be had at 2, but not sure SEA 2 Res would be around at pick 3 if I missed out on the Sea GA.  Worst case is Res for SEA and MT, MT RES should be cool...who the hell knows where our 10C seats will be in Safeco, even with my 190xxx #
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 East Troy, Noblesville
    2000 Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino
    2003 Irvine, San Diego, East Troy
    2006 Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 LA1 & LA2, Milwaukee
    2016 FtL, Miami, Tampa, Jax
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922

lol, most of the prime seats are now VIP TM, or TM platinum, priced to market, so for those willing to pay, they are easy to get.
    For the shows we are all trying for today? What seats are these?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    rummy said:
    D-Rod said:
    rummy said:
    varty yo said:
    I just went with Reserved for both Seattle shows. No muss no fuss. No need to go to the show 5hrs early I have a good FC# 197XXX so im pretty confident in my seats
    My plan, too. Although my seats won't be as near as nice as yours. 
    That’s also my plan.  Flying in from Toronto. We would rather enjoy the city than wait in line for hours in GA.  I have 46XXXX.  Also not as good as yours 
    Toronto, eh? Me too. Will be on west coast vacation with wife and kids. Having some "me time" on the nights of the 8th and 10th. (Will have to do some serious "them time" before, in between, and after).
    ya man sounds good.  I'm leaving the kids back at home.  just the wife my self and couple of friends.  beers for sure 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    YourLightMadeUsStarsYourLightMadeUsStars NB, Canada Posts: 32
     JB288319 said:

Original picks;
    Sea 2 Res
    Sea 1 Res
    Sea 2 GA
    Sea 1 GA

Considering;
    Sea 1 GA  44%
    Sea 2 Res 84%
    Sea 1 Res  99%
    Sea 2 GA  36%

Don't think there's any way at all you'd get Sea 2 GA  at 4 but I would absolutely try for at least one GA at first priority if I was in your shoes. Being in the GA pit at a show like that is really an incredible experience and worth the risk of moving one of the reserved selections to 2nd
    Not expecting to get Sea 2 GA in either scenario but just throwing it on there in case of a miracle.  My concern is the risk of getting shut out for Sea 1 & 2 Res if the 44% odds for Sea 1 GA doesn't work out in my favor. 

It's my 10th show without a GA experience so I think I'll roll the dice and deal with TM if need be (registered for verified fan just in case).  Hoping the odds are still good enough so that won't need to happen.. unless I change my mind on Missoula over the next week :|

Thanks, good luck all!
  • Options
    Getting ready to enter.  I'm going GA or bust for Chicago.  Let it ride!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Getting ready to enter.  I'm going GA or bust for Chicago.  Let it ride!!!
    Good luck! Not having GA here in Boston always makes my choices a little easier to make.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    DT6012DT6012 Posts: 201
    waupaca11 said:
    Gotta go GA first if that is what you want. 
    I'm:

1. MT GA
    2. SEA 2 RES
    3. SEA 2 - GA (not gonna get it)
    4. MT RES

If I was a betting man I'd go SEA GA 1, then MT GA, as I think MT GA could be had at 2, but not sure SEA 2 Res would be around at pick 3 if I missed out on the Sea GA.  Worst case is Res for SEA and MT, MT RES should be cool...who the hell knows where our 10C seats will be in Safeco, even with my 190xxx #
    MT GA
    SEA I GA
    SEA II RES
    MT RES
    SEA I RES

Opinion?
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    itsssss toooooooo laaaaaaattteeeeee!!!!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    Do you not get a confirmation screen if you have submitted yours?  I keep pressing submit and the screen doesnt change.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,802
    JojoRice said:
    Crazy Ralph trying to warn folks about the lottery!

Image result for youre all doomed

"its a death curse"

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    scurtis said:
    Do you not get a confirmation screen if you have submitted yours?  I keep pressing submit and the screen doesnt change.
    You should get email confirmation pretty quickly. Rolling the dice Canceling an order and re-trying with only a few mins to go! Good luck!
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231

As of 2/12/18 at 12:59 PM EST:

TICKET ODDS

Close
    » More Details
    CITYTYPE%
    Seattle, WA - Aug 8thGA Standing43%
    Seattle, WA - Aug 8thReserved Seating99%
    Seattle, WA - Aug 10thGA Standing36%
    Seattle, WA - Aug 10thReserved Seating84%
    Missoula, MT - Aug 13thGA Standing82%
    Missoula, MT - Aug 13thReserved Seating99%
    Chicago, IL - Aug 18thGA Standing22%
    Chicago, IL - Aug 18thReserved Seating68%
    Chicago, IL - Aug 20thGA Standing29%
    Chicago, IL - Aug 20thReserved Seating99%
    Boston, MA - Sep 2ndReserved Seating77%
    Boston, MA - Sep 4thReserved Seating99%
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin