Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I've never seen DMB live.  It's a close call, but I'd venture to say I was just as big a DMB fan in the 90s as I was Pearl Jam.  Definitely not so much these days as Before These Crowded Streets was the last album I really took in.  I would like to see them at some point, I just worry that I won't know about 90% of the setlist.
    I think you'd know at least 50% of the songs, even for a new album tour.  
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • I've never seen DMB live.  It's a close call, but I'd venture to say I was just as big a DMB fan in the 90s as I was Pearl Jam.  Definitely not so much these days as Before These Crowded Streets was the last album I really took in.  I would like to see them at some point, I just worry that I won't know about 90% of the setlist.
    Go and do not even think about it!

Such a good time and hopefully, in line with what you have said here... you will hear a few tunes you aren't that familiar with and (loving them live) expand your 'go to' repertoire.

I'm seriously bummed no DMB at the Gorge this year.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Ok, so they are one of my favorite bands, but I get more shit for liking them than PJ, but my main problem is this, they are hands down one of the most talent bands I've ever heard, Dave has a genious style of playing the guitar, I've never heard anyone play like him, so I get kinda offended when my friends say, "Dave sucks", then they go throw on a Godsmack or Linkin park CD, what I'm trying to say is, you don't have to like something to respect it, I understand people have opinions. Anyone else get crap for liking Dave Matthews Band? And if you are not a fan of the band feel free to join in too.
    I like a lot of DMB stuff. I've never seen them live though, not sure why. But they have some great songs, and the band members are talented. I need to see them. Looks like they are not touring this summer though.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187

I thought DMB mixed it up more than anybody until I started following PJ lol. Love the artists that mix up the live set lists though. Not that many bands do.

2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • dpduke69 said:

I thought DMB mixed it up more than anybody until I started following PJ lol. Love the artists that mix up the live set lists though. Not that many bands do.

The Gorge features three shows. 3 1/2 hours each. 60 different songs. 20 per night. It is an awesome event!

PJ and DMB are the only two bands I do not miss that operate as you have described. Coincidentally or not... they are two of my favourite as well.
    Did my first Gorge Trip in 15 for DMB. Thinking about 2018 for my second time. My avatar is a pic from the trip!
  • dpduke69 said:
    Did my first Gorge Trip in 15 for DMB. Thinking about 2018 for my second time. My avatar is a pic from the trip!
    Haha!

Yes it is. I just checked it out.

I am glad you have experienced this. Cool, eh?
  • kk277412kk277412 Posts: 45
    Love both of these bands but talk about mixing it up phish is carrying the torch for that department... 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Got my box set yesterday. Great pressing, great mixing. Its really awesome, top to bottom.
  • Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 334
    Got my box set yesterday. Great pressing, great mixing. Its really awesome, top to bottom.

Great news! Mine is scheduled for delivery on Friday. Really looking forward to hearing this!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Received mine yesterday. Was only able to listen to Seek up so far. Looks nice.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Waiting impatiently for the box set!
    oh and yeah, Dmb live has always been good, but then again I only saw them in the 90's so it's been a while.  Those who haven't seen them, what are you waiting for?!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    Hey so what's the verdict on the 25 anniversary vinyl set? I still haven't gotten mine but it seems many have. Reddit reviews were fantastic, that the set as a whole was superbly done and the track selection was amazing.  Pressed at Pallas, etc etc... just checking to see what our vinyl enthusiasts say.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    It's better than any of the live trax and Red Rocks. I think it was fantastically done all around.
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I blasted it while unpacking the new house last weekend and sounded great!

Only complaint is no digital copy.
    Finally received mine yesterday- it's a great set indeed.

I personally LOVE the fact that there's no digital copy.  They wanted their 25 year set to be about vinyl and only vinyl and they did it right.

it won't be long until someone rips it into digital files so don't worry, you'll find it.
    I'm not worried...
  • They're headlining a free concert in Charlottesville... for unity and peace.
    Got Warehouse tickets for the Night Before show just now. 
    Loving the DMB Live 25. Been pumping it in the car all week
    dpduke69 said:
    Did they release it in another format or did you rip it? I thought it was strictly vinyl.
  • dpduke69 said:
    Did they release it in another format or did you rip it? I thought it was strictly vinyl.
    They released some digital download options.
    dpduke69 said:
    They released some digital download options.
    Right on, thanks
    The DMB forums are full of people happy that it was released digitally, but pissed that it's $40. Then the other are those that have the vinyl that are being asked to pay an extra $40 when they already spent $200 when it was advertised as vinyl only. 

I am in the latter group, but I have a vinyl rip, so I'm good. Unless someone wants to share the "official" digital, which is not stealing since I own the vinyl. :)
  • Tour dates up! New album.

These guys do it right.
  • Tour dates up! New album.

These guys do it right.
    Excited for the new album! Bummed there’s no Alpine Valley this year again though. Worried about that place. 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    Tour dates up! New album.

These guys do it right.
    Excited for the new album! Bummed there’s no Alpine Valley this year again though. Worried about that place. 
    There are concerts scheduled there this year at Alpine Valley according to Pollstar
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Yeah Zac Brown Band was the most recent announcement I heard. There’s enough places for these country acts to play. But since the new ownership took over, there has been a shift. And both Phish and DMB have toured in the past several years without stopping in East Troy. And don’t even mention PJ. 
  • Yeah Zac Brown Band was the most recent announcement I heard. There’s enough places for these country acts to play. But since the new ownership took over, there has been a shift. And both Phish and DMB have toured in the past several years without stopping in East Troy. And don’t even mention PJ. 

PJ doesn't need to tour. They just need to keep repackaging their old material and sell it to people who want to hoard it.
  • Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'