Options

New Ticket Policy Changes Simplified

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,809
    JimmyV said:
    The $45 per ticket processing fees Fenway is charging charging for Billy Joel this morning has me concerned.
    That’s absurd!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    JimmyV said:
    The $45 per ticket processing fees Fenway is charging charging for Billy Joel this morning has me concerned.
    Is it still through Fenway's own system?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    VanEyck said:
    JimmyV said:
    Is it still through Fenway's own system?
    Yes.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    my2hands said:
    We used the verified fan system this morning to buy Elton John tickets... it was a breeze...so far, I'm a believer
    Verified Fan is the best thing to happen to ticketing in a long time and TM and the artists who use it should be commended.  It truly does make the experience easier if you are lucky enough to get a code.  

Yes, for incredibly high demand shows there will be lots of people who do not get a code and will hate the system because of it, but no process will ever be 100% fair when there is more demand than supply.

For every show or event I have registered for VF, I have at least had the opportunity to purchase tickets (some were too rich for my blood but the chance was there).  Taylor Swift (don’t kill me, I have a daughter I like to please!), Hamilton, Springsteen on Broadway, Harry Potter on Broadway, and U2.  

I think the people who end up needing to go this route will hopefully be pleased.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    derbydave said:
    Is there wifi at Safeco? or will those of us from Canada (with overpriced crappy cell phone plans) need to buy a roaming plan for the US so we can use the app to show the tickets?

Check with your service provider about this.
    When we traveled to Canada for the Ottawa & Toronto shows in 2016,
    I went in to my Sprint store and asked what I needed to do to have cell service.
    They signed me up for their FREE international plan and walked me thru the process of resetting my phone for the Rogers network in Canada.
    The process was really easy and I got unlimited texts & phone calls plus 1GB of data while we were in Canada.
    Thanks. I did look into a US roaming plan from my provider last year .... had to buy the roaming for a minimum of 30 days. :(
    But maybe they're more flexible this year. 
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    It seems to me that the band is trying to make sure all members get in. If a couple of 2 is putting in for 4 because they are both members,  then the band thinks there's no room for another member which is wrong and not what they want. No offense but I think they're trying to weed out the greedy. Last time at Fenway I heard 2 young girls on the floor bitching that they didn't even like the band but their boyfriends dragged them along. It took everything in me not to scream! I'm hoping this system weeds out the half ass fans. It's all good!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,846
    It seems to me that the band is trying to make sure all members get in. If a couple of 2 is putting in for 4 because they are both members,  then the band thinks there's no room for another member which is wrong and not what they want. No offense but I think they're trying to weed out the greedy. Last time at Fenway I heard 2 young girls on the floor bitching that they didn't even like the band but their boyfriends dragged them along. It took everything in me not to scream! I'm hoping this system weeds out the half ass fans. It's all good!
    This happens all the time at concerts and sporting events. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    mcgruff10 said:

For acts that charge the true market value for front of house tickets, my opinion is that's the best way to keep casual or non fans out.

Saw McCartney a few times last year, and with his expensive VIP ticket holders surrounding the stage, I can almost guarantee there were no  non fans, young girls there 

How do I know this is to be an absolute fact, that charging $500 - $1000 ( ugh) VIP weeds out non fans?

How many people can scream out the lyrics and dance to Queenie Eye!
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I'm not even sure what to say to that. That's part of being in a couple. I drag my wife to things that I'm more in to than her (like PJ concerts), and she drags me to things that she's more in to than me (like Barry Manilow or Disney World). 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Sarava said:
    I'm not even sure what to say to that. That's part of being in a couple. I drag my wife to things that I'm more in to than her (like PJ concerts), and she drags me to things that she's more in to than me (like Barry Manilow or Disney World). 
    Yep. That’s the beautiful part of relationships, u just suck it up and go. My wife is definitely not a PJ fan but I brought her to Boston last year and she had a blast. She does enjoy solo Ed stuff because it’s much slower. In turn, she drags me to jason Mraz shows everywhere. It all equals out :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

For acts that charge the true market value for front of house tickets, my opinion is that's the best way to keep casual or non fans out.

Saw McCartney a few times last year, and with his expensive VIP ticket holders surrounding the stage, I can almost guarantee there were no  non fans, young girls there 

How do I know this is to be an absolute fact, that charging $500 - $1000 ( ugh) VIP weeds out non fans?

It all depends.  I can't begin to count how many times I have witnessed people sitting in the expensive seats at Yankee stadium and couldn't have a care in the world with what was going in front of them.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

It all depends.  I can't begin to count how many times I have witnessed people sitting in the expensive seats at Yankee stadium and couldn't have a care in the world with what was going in front of them.  
    You truly realize how boring baseball is the closer you get
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You truly realize how boring baseball is the closer you get
    Ha! I always thought the baseball fans watch the games on TV, the beer fans go to the games in person...
  • Options
    Also, if your phone dies while in line at the bathroom or for a beer, you are screwed. 
    Welcome to the future.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good point, but aren't alot of those fans getting freebie corporate seats?

I'd say a comparable Yankee game to a PJ show would at be at a minimum to a playoff game, for which most fans are zoned in. PJ is hardly coming to a stadium near us 80 times a year.
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    edited February 2018
    This whole ticketing
    policy isn't too difficult to understand. Lottery basically same as it has been. Not having physical tickets is a bummer but I will survive.  Maybe 4th time is a charm for ga tickets at wrigley. 
    i used the verified Ticketmaster ticket for bob weir and Phil lesh in Chicago. Was able to get in and get probably the last 2 seats in venue. 
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    This will be my first time trying for the fan club lottery. I am a newish member (2015). Do you get to pick the price range you would like, and do you get charged all the fees TM would be charging?

Thanks!
  • Options
    tkiggstkiggs Posts: 46
    Going to a concert is supposed to be fun. You people suck the life out of it. Just relax and enjoy the experience of being there. The sun will rise another day.
    painted moon

• Options
    tkiggs said:
    Going to a concert is supposed to be fun. You people suck the life out of it. Just relax and enjoy the experience of being there. The sun will rise another day.
    It’s very easy to just not read a thread if you don’t want to. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    Yep. That’s the beautiful part of relationships, u just suck it up and go. My wife is definitely not a PJ fan but I brought her to Boston last year and she had a blast. She does enjoy solo Ed stuff because it’s much slower. In turn, she drags me to jason Mraz shows everywhere. It all equals out :)
    I'll never understand this.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    My fiancé is a casual fan, not like me at all, but count on her having a blast in Seattle! Hopefully in GA! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good point, but aren't alot of those fans getting freebie corporate seats?

I'd say a comparable Yankee game to a PJ show would at be at a minimum to a playoff game, for which most fans are zoned in. PJ is hardly coming to a stadium near us 80 times a year.
    Yes absolutely. I m thinking corporations would also be buying those expensive tickets up front.  
  • Options
    tkiggstkiggs Posts: 46
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYCPosts: 23,853
    tkiggs said:
    severed hand thirteen
    But I want to and I have a right to an opinion like everyone else. Good luck to you.
    painted moon

• Options
    tkiggs said:
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYCPosts: 23,853
    tkiggs said:
    severed hand thirteen
    But I want to and I have a right to an opinion like everyone else. Good luck to you.
    You’re right. You have a right to be condescending to everyone else by saying “You people suck the life out of it”. Good luck to you too. 
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Ticketmaster registered fan presale ends tomorrow!
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    Ticketmaster registered fan presale ends tomorrow!

The registration, but not the actual sale?
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    Never understand what?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    tkiggs said:
    Members helping other members, as you tried to do by simplifying the new rules, is part of what makes this community fun.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,746
    jmug23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    Never understand what?
    Being in a give and take relationship I think... Hell I watched The Bachelor the other night. That is true fucking love right there. Terrible show. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    jmug23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    Never understand what?
    I already sense the reflexive attacks coming, so I'll keep my opinion to myself.  Have fun everyone!

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale