Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I just participated in the Fan Verified sale for U2 tix and it stunk!  I got a text around 7am on the morning of the fan verified sale.  I was logged in to my ticketmaster account well before 10am and am well-versed in getting GA tix.  I was never able to get a single GA tix for any of the shows I was "verified" for, were sold out.  Tried for a couple hours after they went on sale thinking something might pop up, but nothing.  I've always been able to get GA tix for U2 before.  I read on their fan site that many other long-time fans also didn't get GA tix with fan verified and many didn't even get a verified fan text so they didn't even have the chance to buy tickets.  First tour many long time fans were shut out of.  I guess registering didn't mean you're guaranteed to get a code to try for tix.  I'm hoping Ticketmaster and PJ have worked things out so it's more smooth for PJ fans.  
    That's too bad. I've done it a couple times now and it was fine - just as smooth as any other pre-sale. But no, of course registering doesn't guarantee you tickets, just like all pre-sales. It simply allows you access to a pre-sale that isn't accessible by the bots. It's an anti-scalping measure, not a giant ticket-getting guarantee for the public. U2 is one of the highest demand shows in the world, so I'm not too surprised that you didn't land any. I can't speak to people not getting their texts... I'm going to go ahead and assume most of those folks somehow fucked up their registration.

At least with the U2 fan verified sale, being fan verified didn't guarantee you'll receive a text with a code for the pre-sale.  I'm curious if it will be the same for this tour, but I'm hoping it will be more like what you've experienced with other artists.  On the PJ presale registration page it says, "All registered fans who are also verified will be equally eligible to participate in the Verified Fan Presale. However, if demand for tickets from verified fans exceeds supply, verified fans may be selected at random to participate in the presale."  This is what happened with the U2 verified sale, folks were lottery drawn to get selected to participate in the sale because demand was so high.  PJ always seems to have their ticketing act together more than U2, so I'm hopeful.  

*I was actually able to get U2 tix through the fan club sale.  Nice when bands take care of their fans.  
    Oh, yeah, it's the same with this one. I already registered for it, and it specifically said that I'm not guaranteed to participate in the pre-sale. Sounds like just participation in it is based on a random lottery. Not all verified pre-sales are like this, but the PJ one is.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Some tips....

Going through the "verified fan" process does not guarantee tickets and it doesn't even guarantee a shot at tickets. Just ask U2 and Springsteen fans.
    Also, for shows like these, "verified fan", like most presales, will only have an allotment of tickets available.

If you try via the TenClub lottery please make sure to only try for the shows you can actually go to. There is NO way to cancel or transfer your tickets. Other than the new transfer a single ticket to a friend option.

If for some reason you get shut out of the Lottery then definitely try "verified fan". If you strike out there try the public sale.
    If you completely strike out then keep a lookout on here for people with extra single tickets or pairs they got from the public and verified sale.
    DO NOT PANIC and go to the "secondary resellers".

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I just participated in the Fan Verified sale for U2 tix and it stunk!  I got a text around 7am on the morning of the fan verified sale.  I was logged in to my ticketmaster account well before 10am and am well-versed in getting GA tix.  I was never able to get a single GA tix for any of the shows I was "verified" for, were sold out.  Tried for a couple hours after they went on sale thinking something might pop up, but nothing.  I've always been able to get GA tix for U2 before.  I read on their fan site that many other long-time fans also didn't get GA tix with fan verified and many didn't even get a verified fan text so they didn't even have the chance to buy tickets.  First tour many long time fans were shut out of.  I guess registering didn't mean you're guaranteed to get a code to try for tix.  I'm hoping Ticketmaster and PJ have worked things out so it's more smooth for PJ fans.  
    That's too bad. I've done it a couple times now and it was fine - just as smooth as any other pre-sale. But no, of course registering doesn't guarantee you tickets, just like all pre-sales. It simply allows you access to a pre-sale that isn't accessible by the bots. It's an anti-scalping measure, not a giant ticket-getting guarantee for the public. U2 is one of the highest demand shows in the world, so I'm not too surprised that you didn't land any. I can't speak to people not getting their texts... I'm going to go ahead and assume most of those folks somehow fucked up their registration.

At least with the U2 fan verified sale, being fan verified didn't guarantee you'll receive a text with a code for the pre-sale.  I'm curious if it will be the same for this tour, but I'm hoping it will be more like what you've experienced with other artists.  On the PJ presale registration page it says, "All registered fans who are also verified will be equally eligible to participate in the Verified Fan Presale. However, if demand for tickets from verified fans exceeds supply, verified fans may be selected at random to participate in the presale."  This is what happened with the U2 verified sale, folks were lottery drawn to get selected to participate in the sale because demand was so high.  PJ always seems to have their ticketing act together more than U2, so I'm hopeful.  

*I was actually able to get U2 tix through the fan club sale.  Nice when bands take care of their fans.  
    Its a step to fight scalpers/bots. It basically another lottery for early access. They did the same thing for Hamilton tixs in Seattle. You get a text message giving you access at the time of the verified pre-sale. Then you have to get lucky once you are in. 
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    YAY!!!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Some tips....

Going through the "verified fan" process does not guarantee tickets and it doesn't even guarantee a shot at tickets. Just ask U2 and Springsteen fans.
    Also, for shows like these, "verified fan", like most presales, will only have an allotment of tickets available.

If you try via the TenClub lottery please make sure to only try for the shows you can actually go to. There is NO way to cancel or transfer your tickets. Other than the new transfer a single ticket to a friend option.

If for some reason you get shut out of the Lottery then definitely try "verified fan". If you strike out there try the public sale.
    If you completely strike out then keep a lookout on here for people with extra single tickets or pairs they got from the public and verified sale.
    DO NOT PANIC and go to the "secondary resellers".

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
    DO NOT PANIC AND GO TO SECONDARY MARKETS! yes I know its said earlier but no truer words have ever been said
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Can't wait to Go to Seattle and Boston
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I've heard nothing but horror stories about Verified Fan.  It's just another version of slapping a band-aid on a wound instead of disinfecting and stitching it up.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2018
    i scored tickets very easily to 2 shows recently using verified fan. it's works. the problem as i still see is those tickets can still be resold in the after market as i have hard tickets in the mail to me now. i have said it a million times and credit card entry is the absolute best way. not every section just a lot of good sections need it. especially GA floor. bruce gets it. u2 gets it. etc
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    I read that in theory TM is checking that you have a history of buying similar tickets, but not a history of buying scalper level tickets. In theory. I did get Springsteen on Broadway, sold them because of my work schedule, and then bought another night off Stub Hub. I did have at least one Springsteen ticket purchase in my history, so not sure if that helped. What might slow the scalpers down is that it is an extra level of pain in the ass. Apply ahead of time, get the code, you can only buy 1 pair, etc. 
  • kaw753 said:
    I read that in theory TM is checking that you have a history of buying similar tickets, but not a history of buying scalper level tickets. In theory. I did get Springsteen on Broadway, sold them because of my work schedule, and then bought another night off Stub Hub. I did have at least one Springsteen ticket purchase in my history, so not sure if that helped. What might slow the scalpers down is that it is an extra level of pain in the ass. Apply ahead of time, get the code, you can only buy 1 pair, etc. 
    This is exactly the point of verified fan. Now a scalper has to create a bunch of verified accounts. Get multiple texts for entries. etc etc etc. It doesn't stop them. But it slows them down 
  • TM isn't stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. To cut out scalping completely, cuts out their own revenue on their own reseller market. Verified Fan is there way of saying "look we are taking steps to keep this from happening" all the while they are laughing all the way to the bank. 
  • Anyone looking for a ticket buddy for the 8/10 show in Seattle? Would be willing to be the second ticket in either GA or reserved if someone is looking...
  • Anyone looking for a ticket buddy for the 8/10 show in Seattle? Would be willing to be the second ticket in either GA or reserved if someone is looking...
    I'll probably be looking. Wife and I are coming down from Ottawa and she only wants to do one show. I can let you know if luck is on my side in the lottery.

• I'll probably be looking. Wife and I are coming down from Ottawa and she only wants to do one show. I can let you know if luck is on my side in the lottery.
    I'm in the same boat. Driving down from Vancouver and my wife would like to see one show (Friday) so I may be looking to buy/sell a single for Wednesday.
    Vancouver 2011, LA1 & LA2 2013, Vancouver 2013, Seattle 1 & Seattle 2 2018, LA1 & LA2 2022
  • Any strategy you guys are employing tomorrow? 
  • varty yovarty yo Posts: 105
    Put my name in for Reserved seats for both Seattle shows haha. All my plan is, no need for anything else
  • If anyone needs a buddy to either of the Chicago shows let me know! Im 24 and grew up with the Vs. album. Made it to college and rediscovered PJ. Tried to get tickets to the 2016 show and failed. Been on a Vedder Bender for 2.5 years now and I just realized this forum is pretty much the only way to get tix to make up for 20 years of lost time :( I live around the corner from wrigley (literally 3 blocks) so if there are any lonely PJ fans out there I'd be happy to pay the cost of the ticket and then some <3<3<3 I don't know anyone who is a fan enough to go with anyways .... all alone in my Vedder appreciation out here. Inbox me if you wanna chat! <3 Namaste
    I think I have to decide to not go to these. :cry: It's just too much money for 3 nights in Seattle (or even just one night), and I made a promise to myself that I'd be better with money and never have any credit card debt again. If I break my promise that would just make me an irresponsible idiot. Sucks though. I really want to go. :disappointed: .... All this assuming I don't break like an idiot and decide to enter for tix anyway, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think I have to decide to not go to these. :cry: It's just too much money for 3 nights in Seattle (or even just one night), and I made a promise to myself that I'd be better with money and never have any credit card debt again. If I break my promise that would just make me an irresponsible idiot. Sucks though. I really want to go. :disappointed: .... All this assuming I don't break like an idiot and decide to enter for tix anyway, lol.
    Just come for one show! I am doing that for Seattle. Driving down on the 10th and driving back to Vancouver right after the show. I would have to talk it over with my wife but I am sure we could fit you in if you were up for that schedule. 
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just come for one show! I am doing that for Seattle. Driving down on the 10th and driving back to Vancouver right after the show. I would have to talk it over with my wife but I am sure we could fit you in if you were up for that schedule. 
    Oh, thank you for the offer! But if I were to just drive down for one show and then right back home again I would have no trouble convincing any number of friends to do that with me. :) However, I don't even want to spend the $300+ CAD on the tickets, given that my decision is entirely financial. This is me trying to be fiscally responsible, lol (although I have to admit just running down there and right back in the middle of the night isn't an idea that turns my crank - I don't really want to play it that way; I'm kind of an all or nothing type of person. Going all that way JUST for the show isn't quite worth it to me - enjoying the atmosphere before and after, meeting with people, etc, is half the fun). But anyway, I can't even really afford the luxury of $300+ for a pair of concert tix right now, let alone the other travel expenses. Too many other expenses I have to think about, and that I've been putting off and putting off and putting off, because I keep putting shit like concerts first, even before shit like clothes and shoes. :lol: I've gotta try to stop the cycle..... Maybe. Assuming I don't crack and just do the entire trip anyway, lol. Because that is what got me excited - the prospect of a "PJ vacation". Not just the idea of attending a PJ show in general. I can do that next time they come to Vancouver, you know?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh, thank you for the offer! But if I were to just drive down for one show and then right back home again I would have no trouble convincing any number of friends to do that with me. :) However, I don't even want to spend the $300+ CAD on the tickets, given that my decision is entirely financial. This is me trying to be fiscally responsible, lol (although I have to admit just running down there and right back in the middle of the night isn't an idea that turns my crank - I don't really want to play it that way; I'm kind of an all or nothing type of person. Going all that way JUST for the show isn't quite worth it to me - enjoying the atmosphere before and after, meeting with people, etc, is half the fun). But anyway, I can't even really afford the luxury of $300+ for a pair of concert tix right now, let alone the other travel expenses. Too many other expenses I have to think about, and that I've been putting off and putting off and putting off, because I keep putting shit like concerts first, even before shit like clothes and shoes. :lol: I've gotta try to stop the cycle..... Maybe. Assuming I don't crack and just do the entire trip anyway, lol. Because that is what got me excited - the prospect of a "PJ vacation". Not just the idea of attending a PJ show in general. I can do that next time they come to Vancouver, you know?
    Smart thinking and stay in touch of you change your mind!
  • childofthemoonchildofthemoon Detroit Posts: 60
    Have prices gone up substantially from last summer?
  • I never got an email. Where's the link? 
  • Sparky79 said:
    I never got an email. Where's the link? 
    Never mind, I found it
  • I got my tix (w00t!). Any idea when seat assignments will be released?
  • My buddy isn't available to post, but has an extra GA tickets on Wednesday's Seattle show to trade for a GA to the Saturday show.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you in touch with him.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited February 2018
    i have an extra ticket for seattle night 2 GA
    i need 1 ticket for seattle night 1 GA

Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    The GA pit is so huge.  Looks bigger than the entire floor of an arena show :)

jonboy71 said:
    My buddy isn't available to post, but has an extra GA tickets on Wednesday's Seattle show to trade for a GA to the Saturday show.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you in touch with him.
    I hope your buddy knows it's actually a Friday show, not a Saturday one. ;)
    edited February 2018
    Zod said:
    The GA pit is so huge.  Looks bigger than the entire floor of an arena show :)

I hope their stage is going to be completely open on all sides. Otherwise, there are going to be a lot of very unhappy people on each side of the pit, lol.