Announcing 'The Home Shows'

Comments

• JmeiiiJmeiii Posts: 99
    Still anxiously awaiting the announcement for "The Away Shows". Wondering if they are trying to make arrangements with charitable organizations in each of the other respective cities.
    Fenway Park: 8/7/2016
    Fenway Park: 9/2/2018
    Fenway Park: 9/4/2018
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    Wonder when they are going to make the announcement for the Blu-ray and vinyl release of these 2 shows ;)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2018
    trees said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Would love to go to Seattle, but damm hotels are pretty expensive
    How is this a special rate ?theses places are way out of my price range i usually stay in hostals when traveling how about some info or special rates. Cheaper hotels or hostals on the workingman wage .and please play some Midwestern shows.
    I'm sure they did the best they could. It's not like any hotel is going to want to lower rates or set aside rooms for them when every hotel in the city is going to easily sell out at jacked up rates. Those hotel people know a sure thing when they see it. The fact that 10C managed to broker anything at all with a couple of hotels for a group booking is already more than we should expect.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • This is my first time being around for a ten club presale. do we just wait around for an email?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    trees said:
    BLACK35 said:
    Would love to go to Seattle, but damm hotels are pretty expensive
    How is this a special rate ?theses places are way out of my price range i usually stay in hostals when traveling how about some info or special rates. Cheaper hotels or hostals on the workingman wage .and please play some Midwestern shows.
    I'm sure they did the best they could. It's not like any hotel is going to want to lower rates or set aside rooms for them when every hotel in the city is going to easily sell out at jacked up rates. Those hotel people know a sure thing when they see it. The fact that 10C managed to broker anything at all with a couple of hotels for a group booking is already more than we should expect.
    Yup, between summer rates and shrinking availability I'm sure they did what they could. Summer rates in Seattle are nutty (and I'm from here). My wife and I stayed at Hotel Max in Nov. 2016 for TOTD just so we could party,  walk to the show, and not have to worry about driving home. It cost us about $100 for the night. We looked at the same room for this summer's show on the 10th and it was about $409. Yikes. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    ticstub said:
    This is my first time being around for a ten club presale. do we just wait around for an email?
    Yes
    There will be an announcement on here with all the pertinent information and shortly thereafter an email will come to you with all the same info and related links.
    Any questions or concerns you have will more than likely be asked repeatedly on here in multiple threads and you'll find all your answers then as well.
  • ticstub said:
    This is my first time being around for a ten club presale. do we just wait around for an email?
    Yes
    There will be an announcement on here with all the pertinent information and shortly thereafter an email will come to you with all the same info and related links.
    Any questions or concerns you have will more than likely be asked repeatedly on here in multiple threads and you'll find all your answers then as well.
    https://help.pearljam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205143590-Pre-sale-Drawing
  • ZeldaZonk said:
    PJNB said:
    How much of the field is going to be GA? Thinking about buying a membership for my wife so we can potentially score 4 tickets together in GA but I don’t even know if that’s possible. Really wish I knew before I blow $20 on a membership. 

I know now hotels are a hot subject, I booked the Moore Hotel a few days ago. It’s a nice hotel only 1.5 miles from Safeco and I got a room with 2 Queens for only $159.
    We don't even know if they will have a GA yet. It is a gamble that I would take. It is just 20 bucks. 
    Think they’ll allow you to enter the lottery if you join 10C after the announcement? I sure hope not
    Yeah, no kidding. That wouldn't be fair at all. People in other threads said they've been telling all their friends to join after yesterday's big announcement, so I hope that won't come into play when lottery time rolls around.
    Eligible as on 1/23/18
  • I am trying to enter the 10 club drawing but it is not letting me check whatever box I need to after reading the terms, which I have done after clicking the link to the terms.  Any hints??
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    PJNB said:
    How much of the field is going to be GA? Thinking about buying a membership for my wife so we can potentially score 4 tickets together in GA but I don’t even know if that’s possible. Really wish I knew before I blow $20 on a membership. 

I know now hotels are a hot subject, I booked the Moore Hotel a few days ago. It’s a nice hotel only 1.5 miles from Safeco and I got a room with 2 Queens for only $159.
    We don't even know if they will have a GA yet. It is a gamble that I would take. It is just 20 bucks. 
    Think they’ll allow you to enter the lottery if you join 10C after the announcement? I sure hope not
    I guess the rules changed this time. Kind of disappointing that people who signed up after the announcement are eligible.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • I am trying to enter the 10 club drawing but it is not letting me check whatever box I need to after reading the terms, which I have done after clicking the link to the terms.  Any hints??
    Never mind.  I see.  Drawings are not open until the 7th.  
  • CurtisTWrightCurtisTWright Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 6
    Based on PJ's notes, do you think it's safe to say a Ten Club member will get tickets to a Seattle show (can only attend the 1st one)? I want to book a flight but...well, you know. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Based on PJ's notes, do you think it's safe to say a Ten Club member will get tickets to a Seattle show (can only attend the 1st one)? I want to book a flight but...well, you know. 
    No guarantees but it looks like there will be plenty of tickets to go around. If it was me and I wanted to go and there was a good seat sale for a flight I would book it in a heart beat. Prices are only going to go up. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    PJNB said:
    No guarantees but it looks like there will be plenty of tickets to go around. If it was me and I wanted to go and there was a good seat sale for a flight I would book it in a heart beat. Prices are only going to go up. 
    Same here.  If you lose 10C drawing, go for ticketmaster.  I doubt you'd miss out on all tix.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • CurtisTWrightCurtisTWright Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 6
    PJNB said:
    Good call. Gonna pull the trigger 

• WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    edited January 2018
    So I am super confused. Is this "verified fan" presale registration through ticketmaster a seperate thing from 10 club lottery? Why didnt I get an email update about this? So much confusion...help!
    Post edited by WashmyLUV on
  • Seattleite here...I agree on the West Seattle accomodations.  You could also look on Capitol Hill, Beacon Hill, Queen Anne, Magnolia, Fremont and Ballard.  Those neigbhorhoods are an easy bus or uber ride away.  Airbnd would be worth checking out. 
    Also you can pick up an uber/taxi easily if you walk a few blocks away from the stadium into downtown or the waterfront where it will be less crowded.  There are also hotels around the Seattle Center/Space Needle area that aren't all that far from the stadium, like Best Western and Hampton Inn type places.
  • Or you can hop the light rail down to the Columbia City neighborhood, if you're going VRBO/AirBNB.  A fun up and coming neighborhood, cute restaurants and shops.
    edited January 2018
    WashmyLUV said:
    So I am super confused. Is this "verified fan" presale registration through ticketmaster a seperate thing from 10 club lottery? Why didnt I get an email update about this? So much confusion...help!
    Yes, it is completely separate from the 10C lottery. It's a TM thing. You register for it, and then wait for a text message close to the verified fan pre-sale, and that text will provide you with a link to your TM pre-sale portal as well as your own personalized pre-sale code. It's quite simple, and they will send you all the info you need if you register for it. The only thing I find weird is that apparently verified fan is doing some kind of random lottery for which registrants will actually get to participate in that pre-sale. I've never seen that done before.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • WashmyLUVWashmyLUV Posts: 102
    PJ_Soul said:
    WashmyLUV said:
    Yes, it is completely separate from the 10C lottery. It's a TM thing. You register for it, and then wait for a text message close to the verified fan pre-sale, and that text will provide you with a link to your TM pre-sale portal as well as your own personalized pre-sale code. It's quite simple, and they will send you all the info you need if you register for it. The only thing I find weird is that apparently verified fan is doing some kind of random lottery for which registrants will actually get to participate in that pre-sale. I've never seen that done before.

So if you get screwed out of the 10C lottery, this is the next best thing?
    WashmyLUV said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    WashmyLUV said:

So if you get screwed out of the 10C lottery, this is the next best thing?
    Yes. :)
  • I just participated in the Fan Verified sale for U2 tix and it stunk!  I got a text around 7am on the morning of the fan verified sale.  I was logged in to my ticketmaster account well before 10am and am well-versed in getting GA tix.  I was never able to get a single GA tix for any of the shows I was "verified" for, were sold out.  Tried for a couple hours after they went on sale thinking something might pop up, but nothing.  I've always been able to get GA tix for U2 before.  I read on their fan site that many other long-time fans also didn't get GA tix with fan verified and many didn't even get a verified fan text so they didn't even have the chance to buy tickets.  First tour many long time fans were shut out of.  I guess registering didn't mean you're guaranteed to get a code to try for tix.  I'm hoping Ticketmaster and PJ have worked things out so it's more smooth for PJ fans.  
    I just participated in the Fan Verified sale for U2 tix and it stunk!  I got a text around 7am on the morning of the fan verified sale.  I was logged in to my ticketmaster account well before 10am and am well-versed in getting GA tix.  I was never able to get a single GA tix for any of the shows I was "verified" for, were sold out.  Tried for a couple hours after they went on sale thinking something might pop up, but nothing.  I've always been able to get GA tix for U2 before.  I read on their fan site that many other long-time fans also didn't get GA tix with fan verified and many didn't even get a verified fan text so they didn't even have the chance to buy tickets.  First tour many long time fans were shut out of.  I guess registering didn't mean you're guaranteed to get a code to try for tix.  I'm hoping Ticketmaster and PJ have worked things out so it's more smooth for PJ fans.  
    That's too bad. I've done it a couple times now and it was fine - just as smooth as any other pre-sale. But no, of course registering doesn't guarantee you tickets, just like all pre-sales. It simply allows you access to a pre-sale that isn't accessible by the bots. It's an anti-scalping measure, not a giant ticket-getting guarantee for the public. U2 is one of the highest demand shows in the world, so I'm not too surprised that you didn't land any. I can't speak to people not getting their texts... I'm going to go ahead and assume most of those folks somehow fucked up their registration.
  • I am confused! 
    Will the lottery work like 2016?  Preferences are by ticket type, NOT but show?
    EX: Preferences are by ticket type, NOT but show.  You would select Toronto GA as preference 1 and Toronto Reserved as preference 2.
    OR. Will it be a show preference and then you include your preference of GA and/or Reserved?
    EX:  Seattle 1 = preference 1  (GA Yes/No Preference, Reserved Y/N Preference)
    This way they choose all seattle 1 preference 1 then allocate GA or reserved based on additional preference?  
    I am confused because the site says the following which is unclear.
    Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.
    AND it says:
    GA and Reserved Ticket Options: 
Eligible members may enter the drawing for both GA and Reserved tickets to any given show, but can only possibly be selected for one pair of tickets per show.
    - Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. But it is not guaranteed you will get your first choice.

any ideas?
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • 1.  Ten club sale
    2.  General Public sale via Verified Fan sale (be sure to register during the window specified or you can't participate in the sale)
    3.  General Public sale - with just the remaining inventory of tickets, no new tickets released
    I am confused! 
    EX: Preferences are by ticket type, NOT but show.  You would select Toronto GA as preference 1 and Toronto Reserved as preference 2.
    OR. Will it be a show preference and then you include your preference of GA and/or Reserved?
    This way they choose all seattle 1 preference 1 then allocate GA or reserved based on additional preference?  
    Show Priority
    You are required to select each show in priority status when entering the drawing. Sorry, there can only be one #1 show no matter how many shows you may want to go to equally. During the drawing, we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain, the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority and so on until every ticket for a given show has been sold.
    AND it says:
Eligible members may enter the drawing for both GA and Reserved tickets to any given show, but can only possibly be selected for one pair of tickets per show.
    - Names will be selected for each ticket type taking your priority into consideration. But it is not guaranteed you will get your first choice.

any ideas?
    Looks to me like you will need to choose ONE show as your 1st preference. So it will be, for example: 

Preference 1: Seattle 1 GA
    Preference 2: Seattle 1 Reserved
    Preference 3: Seattle 2 GA
    Preference 4: Seattle 2 Reserved
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am confused! 
    Show Priority
    AND it says:

any ideas?
    Looks to me like you will need to choose ONE show as your 1st preference. So it will be, for example: 

I see it is just an example but doing it this way you would burn your second pick if you won your first since you can not win multiple tickets to the same show. If you just want to get in the building or give yourself a good chance at two tickets put reserved first and second or have your second pick as reserved night 2 and your first as GA night 1. If you need GA and know the risk go this route. 

1. Seattle GA 1
    2. Seattle GA 2
    3. Reserved 1
    4. Reserved 2

Also I am guessing night 2 will have tougher odds since it is on the weekend so you may want to flip that order. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I am confused! 
    Show Priority
    AND it says:

any ideas?

that would really mean choosing a seat type as your priority.  like it was in 2016.  I wish it woulld be like:
    Preference 1:  Seattle 1
    GA Y/N if Y priority?
    Reserve Y/N if Y priority?
    Preference 2: Seattle 2
    GA Y/N if Y priority?
    That way you overall preference is to the show and then you get a seat of some type if either are left.  but yeah i dont know if they made this change.
    1996- New York - Downing Stadium
    1998- Tibetan Freedom Concert
    2000- Seattle
    2005 - Vancouver
    2009- Vancouver
    2011-Vancouver
    2013 - Vancouver
    2016 - Ottawa
    2016 - Toronto 1
    2016 - Toronto 2
    2018 - Seattle 1
    2018 - Seattle 2
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I just participated in the Fan Verified sale for U2 tix and it stunk!  I got a text around 7am on the morning of the fan verified sale.  I was logged in to my ticketmaster account well before 10am and am well-versed in getting GA tix.  I was never able to get a single GA tix for any of the shows I was "verified" for, were sold out.  Tried for a couple hours after they went on sale thinking something might pop up, but nothing.  I've always been able to get GA tix for U2 before.  I read on their fan site that many other long-time fans also didn't get GA tix with fan verified and many didn't even get a verified fan text so they didn't even have the chance to buy tickets.  First tour many long time fans were shut out of.  I guess registering didn't mean you're guaranteed to get a code to try for tix.  I'm hoping Ticketmaster and PJ have worked things out so it's more smooth for PJ fans.  
    That's too bad. I've done it a couple times now and it was fine - just as smooth as any other pre-sale. But no, of course registering doesn't guarantee you tickets, just like all pre-sales. It simply allows you access to a pre-sale that isn't accessible by the bots. It's an anti-scalping measure, not a giant ticket-getting guarantee for the public. U2 is one of the highest demand shows in the world, so I'm not too surprised that you didn't land any. I can't speak to people not getting their texts... I'm going to go ahead and assume most of those folks somehow fucked up their registration.

At least with the U2 fan verified sale, being fan verified didn't guarantee you'll receive a text with a code for the pre-sale.  I'm curious if it will be the same for this tour, but I'm hoping it will be more like what you've experienced with other artists.  On the PJ presale registration page it says, "All registered fans who are also verified will be equally eligible to participate in the Verified Fan Presale. However, if demand for tickets from verified fans exceeds supply, verified fans may be selected at random to participate in the presale."  This is what happened with the U2 verified sale, folks were lottery drawn to get selected to participate in the sale because demand was so high.  PJ always seems to have their ticketing act together more than U2, so I'm hopeful.  

*I was actually able to get U2 tix through the fan club sale.  Nice when bands take care of their fans.  
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am confused! 
    Show Priority
    AND it says:

any ideas?

that would really mean choosing a seat type as your priority.  like it was in 2016.  I wish it woulld be like:
    Preference 1:  Seattle 1
    GA Y/N if Y priority?
    Preference 2: Seattle 2
    GA Y/N if Y priority?
    That way you overall preference is to the show and then you get a seat of some type if either are left.  but yeah i dont know if they made this change.
    Absolutely, that would be better for everybody! People have been dreaming of that option since they brought in the current style of lottery. But it doesn't sound like that's what they are going to do.