NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    The Killing is on Netflix now (I think it was AMC originally). I've been binge watching it, and it's super duper good IMO. The only problem is that for some reason Netflix Canada has neglected to include season 3. It's just got 1, 2, and 4. How stupid is that? I'm thinking it might just be a mistake. Anyway, I'm having to stream season 3 from another source, so that's fine, but not so much for those who don't know how or where to stream from.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Watching Wormwood, very good.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Went back and finished Godless.  Glad I did, I liked the way it wrapped up.  [Glad I watched this over time, as well -- was a bit much to take at times.]
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    dankind said:
    Been looking at that, but it has Alma Garret/Jackie Sharp in it.  One of my least favorite actresses.  (It could just be that she suffers be comparison to the other actors in those two shows, but I find her to be like nails on a chalkboard.)
    dankind said:
    Been looking at that, but it has Alma Garret/Jackie Sharp in it.  One of my least favorite actresses.  (It could just be that she suffers be comparison to the other actors in those two shows, but I find her to be like nails on a chalkboard.)
    She doesn’t speak much. Her role is basically to look like a distraught and bereaved wife and mother in the dramatizations (re-enactments). 

Errol Morris is our greatest investigative filmmaker. Don’t let an actor keep you from experiencing his work.

I can appreciate Eyes Wide Shut, and that has two of the most vapid twats extant in the lead roles. But the film itself is a gorgeously surrealistic and lurid work of art. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    With that suggestion I will give it a whirl.  Watching some Black Mirror episodes on my own as well as just starting Dark with my wife.
    edited January 2018
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    I watched the first season(or most of it) when it was on Fox.  I got bored with it and stopped watching it.  I think it got canceled and then brought back.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    edited January 2018
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I watched the first season(or most of it) when it was on Fox.  I got bored with it and stopped watching it.  I think it got canceled and then brought back.
    It actually gets better IMO. Tandy gets somewhat less annoying (but is still brutal, but that's the point - a lot of the other characters just keep hating him more and more as the show goes on, lol), and by the 3rd season it's a fair bit darker (that's as far as I've got). Whoops, my mistake. Last Man On Earth hasn't been cancelled for the 18-19 season. That's Last Man Standing that was cancelled. It still remains to be seen if Last Man On Earth gets a season 5..... I actually hope so. While I hate Phil/Tandy, I am still pretty transfixed by the storyline.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ_Soul said:
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It actually gets better IMO. Tandy gets somewhat less annoying (but is still brutal, but that's the point - a lot of the other characters just keep hating him more and more as the show goes on, lol), and by the 3rd season it's a fair bit darker (that's as far as I've got). Whoops, my mistake. Last Man On Earth hasn't been cancelled for the 18-19 season. That's Last Man Standing that was cancelled. It still remains to be seen if Last Man On Earth gets a season 5..... I actually hope so. While I hate Phil/Tandy, I am still pretty transfixed by the storyline.
    Maybe I'll give it another shot.  I not sure were I left it off.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Started GLOW last night. The first two episodes were pretty entertaining.

Then again, I could watch Alison Brie recite the phone book. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Like GLOW also....about 5 episodes in.
    I've never seen the guy playing the director in anything. He's pretty good, too
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    edited January 2018
    Watching Outsiders at the moment. My kind of show!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K0ecPen2c
    edited January 2018
    For the sci-fi fans..
    https://youtu.be/ma8te7ywEio
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Mindhunter - Loved it.

Blew through the series in 3 days. Haven't binge watched a show like that in forever.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    tbergs said:
    Mindhunter - Loved it.

Blew through the series in 3 days. Haven't binge watched a show like that in forever.
    Yep - thought it was great and can't wait for series 2
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    I'm going to watch this tonight..looks interesting..

https://youtu.be/f9Ox3rB4cIQ
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Somebody Feed Phil
    &
    I'll have what Phil is having
    This dude cracks me up.  Both are on Netflix
    https://youtu.be/pdqPUVFwR7A

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Everything Sucks!

Think a 90's "cheesier" version of Freaks and Geeks with a little Stranger Things thrown in there (and by that I just mean the nostalgia part).  Pretty good music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_YjzEvYeQ

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I binged Everything Sucks over the weekend.  Pretty good, though I think the ending was a little rushed. It felt forced and way too fake.  Teenagers don't just get over big heartbreaks overnight.  The kid actors were all really good.

On a similar note, The End of the F***ing World is pretty damn good, too.
  • I liked Everything Sucks but mainly just because of the music. I didn't feel like the story line was anything special. Tori Amos fans are all lesbians. Who knew?!
    I'm through with screaming
    edited March 2018
    I watched Everything Sucks and really only finished because they were so short.  More of a show my mom or wife would like, to me.  Kid actors were better than normal.

The Frankenstein Chronicles were great, had not seen any of them and whizzed through the 12 episodes in a short period of time.  Love Eddard Stark in most things.  Love time pieces.

Last night I stayed up far later than I should have and chewed up 4 of the 6 new Hap & Leonard episodes.  I love those books and loved the first season when it came out a few years ago.  How can you not love the 2 lead actors?  Also the lead ladies have been good actresses who are also very pleasant to look at in both seasons.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee is great show, very funny imo..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    23scidoo said:
    Is there a new season out?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    23scidoo said:
    I really hope so.  I've been randomly watching the available episodes - last night with Garry Shandling.  Would've been a blast to hang with those two.
    23scidoo said:
    I start the 3rd season..there are 4 in my country..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

They say is scaryyyy..

https://youtu.be/wNlMIvKnjOQ
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Didn't know they were doing Lost in Space
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzmM0AB60QQ

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA