2017/18 NBA Thread

Comments

• Lebron is waking up and becoming a beast again, only this time an even bigger beast than before.

Curry is having ankle problems again.  His ankles were a real concern when he first came in the league so let's see how he holds up.

Celtics are doing great but come the playoffs that won't matter.

76ers are a respectable 13-10.

Ball isn't living up to expectations.  He's only 19 so he gets some slack though.

Beal is going off in Washington without Wall.  Will he continue that when Wall returns?

Thoughts?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    LeBron  is off to one of his better starts of his career. SCARY!!

Have to wait & see with Curry.

Celtics defense is surprising for me. Also surprised they have the record they have without Hayward. Brad Stevens can coach , though.

Considering how young & inexperience the 76ers are, and the schedule they had to start the season, is pretty good to me. I'll take that as a 76ers fan. 

Before the Portland game Beal mostly struggled the previous 4 games (11, 10, 21, & 8 points). But, he's good and can score. Just a little slump, and like you said, no Wall doesn't help.
  • cutz said:

Celtics defense is surprising for me. Also surprised they have the record they have without Hayward. Brad Stevens can coach , though.

Considering how young & inexperience the 76ers are, and the schedule they had to start the season, is pretty good to me. I'll take that as a 76ers fan. 

Before the Portland game Beal mostly struggled the previous 4 games (11, 10, 21, & 8 points). But, he's good and can score. Just a little slump, and like you said, no Wall doesn't help.
    I've always wondered if Wall can play along someone else great?!?  Did you answer my question for me?
    cutz said:

I've always wondered if Wall can play along someone else great?!?  Did you answer my question for me?
    I think Wall can play with along with another great player, so yeah, i may have answered your question  =) 
  • cutz said:
    cutz said:

I think Wall can play with along with another great player, so yeah, i may have answered your question  =) 
    You said Wall doesn't help but he can play along side Beal?

that makes no sense...
    edited December 2017
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

that makes no sense...
    I think you misunderstood me: The 4 games where Beal didn't score well without Wall, didn't help Beal.

Playing with Wall does help Beal.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

that makes no sense...
    I think you misunderstood me: The 4 games where Beal didn't score well without Wall, didn't help Beal.

Playing with Wall does help Beal.
    Ahhhhhh!  Got you now!
  • Kyrie seems to dribble the ball just a bit too long...
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    Gino made it..fuck..we could take that..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Manu game winning shot and Kawhi is coming back!
    Westbrook must have a lot of complex..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

Great game on Houston..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    fuck kobe bryant.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

I'm with Wob on this one. Fuck Kobe. LM Sucks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Go Freak and beat the King!!!!
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    23scidoo said:

Is it just a coincidence that Delly comes back and the Bucks are beating the Cavs???  LBJ will probably take over in the 4th and bring it home for the Cavs
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • No Coder said:
    23scidoo said:

Is it just a coincidence that Delly comes back and the Bucks are beating the Cavs???  LBJ will probably take over in the 4th and bring it home for the Cavs
    Bucks almost lost it!
  • Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

LM?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited December 2017
    Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

LM?

Lower Merion--I went to his rival high school. I've had a Kobe hatred long before he hit the national stage.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

LM?

Lower Merion--I went to his rival high school. I've had a Kobe hatred long before he hit the national stage.
    HA!  Wow, I never would have thought someone to remember Lower Merion!

Haters gon hate!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

LM?

Hipster.
  • Wobbie said:
    fuck kobe bryant.
    Oh c'mon.  

LM?

Hipster.
    That's pre-hipster days when Kobe was there Cliffy!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    At this point in the season, I have to say I'm definitely a fan of the Oladipo/George trade. 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    The Bulls are getting this tanking thing all wrong...not supposed to win 7 games in a row!!
    The Bulls are getting this tanking thing all wrong...not supposed to win 7 games in a row!!

Very true!!. Dunn has been a pleasant surprise and if you look at that trade now, I think most will say we did well in getting Lauri, Dunn and if Lavine can come back fit. Dunn has shown great strides in the last month especially and if he can find consistency ion his shot, will be a very good PG for a long time. I just hope our useless FO don't stuff up the rebuild and try and rush things. Portis and Niko have been ballin since they have both come back, but nearing the trade deadline, I think we need to try and offload one of them (Niko) to a contender for some draft picks and expiring contracts

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    No Coder said:

Very true!!. Dunn has been a pleasant surprise and if you look at that trade now, I think most will say we did well in getting Lauri, Dunn and if Lavine can come back fit. Dunn has shown great strides in the last month especially and if he can find consistency ion his shot, will be a very good PG for a long time. I just hope our useless FO don't stuff up the rebuild and try and rush things. Portis and Niko have been ballin since they have both come back, but nearing the trade deadline, I think we need to try and offload one of them (Niko) to a contender for some draft picks and expiring contracts

Yeah, they've actually been fun to watch the past couple weeks.  Will be interesting to see how Lavine looks when he comes back.  But like you said about the front office, I have absolutely zero faith that they won't fuck this up somehow.  It still boggles my mind that Pax and Forman still have their jobs.  
    No Coder said:

Yeah, they've actually been fun to watch the past couple weeks.  Will be interesting to see how Lavine looks when he comes back.  But like you said about the front office, I have absolutely zero faith that they won't fuck this up somehow.  It still boggles my mind that Pax and Forman still have their jobs.  

Yeah, has to be close to the worst FO in the league. They did well in drafting Lauri, but that was probably more of a fluke than anything. IF Lavine comes back fully fit and still hasn't lost any of his athleticism, that would be great, but I'm not sold on how good he will be. He has never been great defensively, so that is a worry. Hoiberg is not the long term answer at coach either, but he'll do for now.

I can see the FO trying to throw big money at any possible FA next off season, but we need to be patient.

Great Christmas game tonight..even without Curry..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• 23scidoo said:
    Great Christmas game tonight..even without Curry..
    That was some of THE WORST shooting I've seen in a while...  Not sure what you were watching.