New York Giants Official Thread

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I'll take a drop in the draft slot to beat these fuckers
    they say there's 3 or 4 qb that could be taken the 1st round. Even so we could probably trade up to 1st knowing how badly run Cleveland is.
    I miss igotid88
    Nice to see Eli have a 330+ yard 3td game. We're probably gonna lose though
    I miss igotid88
    the Eagles blocked a pat, a punt, and a fg against us. Lost 5 points (We failed on a 2 pt conversion) and the blocked punt led to a td. 
    I miss igotid88
    here comes the defense 4th quarter collapse
    I miss igotid88
    No matter how well Eli plays against the Eagles. The Giants have a way of screwing it up
    I miss igotid88
    18td and 10 int over 3000 yards with no offensive line, no running game most of the season. And lost our best receivers most of the season. And. missed 1 game he shouldn't have
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited December 2017
    So Eli basically cemented himself as the QB next year with that game huh? I'm good with it. Want to give him one more shot
    edited December 2017
    So Eli basically cemented himself as the QB next year with that game huh? I'm good with it. Want to give him one more shot
    he still has 2 years. Just give him decent protection and a solid running game. And obviously a defense that doesn't give up 390 yards a game. And have special teams not screw up every game.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
    According to Eli. The Eagles fans were so loud in the 4th quarter . Tbe center couldn't hear him. And this was a Giants home game
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:
    he still has 2 years. Just give him decent protection and a solid running game. And obviously a defense that doesn't give up 390 yards a game. And have special teams not screw up every game.
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

BOOM----right back into super bowl contention!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

not saying they have to be #1 in all. Just be decent. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

He's most likely not coming back. That franchise needs to rebuild.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

Only if he decides not to. I don't think they cut him
    I miss igotid88
    All the coaches have to be gone. Even Spags unfortunately. The off. coordinator has to have a similar system. Although they said it would take Eli a full season to learn the new system McAdoo put in. And it took him a couple of games. But you don't want to waste another year.
    I miss igotid88
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

They should. Think it's only about 12m hit to the cap. No reason to keep him. This team is going to take a while to rebuild. Let him go and give him a chance at another title with Jacksonville or something. As an Eagles fan, I don't want to see him go. I appreciate all of the turnovers. But it's time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I would like to give him one more shot.  This team is one year removed from 11 wins (a soft 11 wins, but still) and has a ton of talent on offense with the number 2 pick.  Give it one more go with a new coach and see what happens.
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

They should. Think it's only about 12m hit to the cap. No reason to keep him. This team is going to take a while to rebuild. Let him go and give him a chance at another title with Jacksonville or something. As an Eagles fan, I don't want to see him go. I appreciate all of the turnovers. But it's time.
    He put up almost 450 yards on the Super Bowl champs yesterday.
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So get him....
    Offensive line?
    Running game?
    Defense?
    Special teams?

He put up almost 450 yards on the Super Bowl champs yesterday.

Lots of yards!

And we declined two of his interceptions. Eli was in the holiday gift giving mood as usual...but the Eagles secondary wasn't accepting many gifts for some reason.

chinese-happy.jpg
    Giants have given up 130+ points in the 4th quarter
    I miss igotid88
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Draft a QB. Have him learn under Eli for 2 years. Eli retires a Giant and new guy steps in to take over. 

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    So, draft 3 round QB?
    Not likely to draft a high first round QB to sit for two years in the modern NFL.  (Might do them well, though)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Giants interview Louis Riddick for the GM job. 
    I miss igotid88
    Eli needs 189 yards to pass John Elway for 6th
    I miss igotid88
    And he and Phillip Rivers need 5 tds to pass Fran Tarkenton
    I miss igotid88
    The benching still bothers me. Before that it was maybe he can catch Marino's 420 td. Now he may not be able to reach 400. Or even catch Marino in career yards passed. These next 2 milestones may be the last ones. Well he's 21 int from passing Elway.
    I miss igotid88
    Any chance the Giants could get Larry Fitzgerald next season. They should try.
    I miss igotid88
    Damn overthrew just a tad
    I miss igotid88
    Another 1st down pass dropped
    I miss igotid88
    I would've gone for it there on 4th and 2
    I miss igotid88
    Jeez another missed fg