Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I've put London 2, Prague and Krakow in the lottery, in that order, all GA. If I get London, do I then have less chance of getting either/Any of the other two. I'd like all three but don't know if that's a possibility? 
    Normally yes but since Prague and Krakow are 99% then you will get those picks if they are even your 10th or 11th. That 99% number tells you that they have yet to meet enough ticket requests to satisfy amount of tickets they have to distribute. 
    Thank you, so I *could* get all three?
    You can and you will get all 3 if the odds stay the same. Watch to see if any of those 3 shows start to drop from the locked 99%. If one does just put it first priority. 
    Oh my. P*** your pants levels of excitement here.
  • Options
    nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    What odds is Amsterdam GA showing as now? I can't get back into view the odds. Thanks in advance!
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    I've put London 2, Prague and Krakow in the lottery, in that order, all GA. If I get London, do I then have less chance of getting either/Any of the other two. I'd like all three but don't know if that's a possibility? 
    Normally yes but since Prague and Krakow are 99% then you will get those picks if they are even your 10th or 11th. That 99% number tells you that they have yet to meet enough ticket requests to satisfy amount of tickets they have to distribute. 
    You can and you will get all 3 if the odds stay the same. Watch to see if any of those 3 shows start to drop from the locked 99%. If one does just put it first priority. 
    Hmm, Doesn't 99%still refer to the ones who put it into prio 1? 

So if they have 100 tickets, then maybe 95 have put it as prio 1. That means only 5 tickets are left for the ones who put it at prio 2?.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nando1979 said:
    What odds is Amsterdam GA showing as now? I can't get back into view the odds. Thanks in advance!
    77%, good luck!
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

So if they have 100 tickets, then maybe 95 have put it as prio 1. That means only 5 tickets are left for the ones who put it at prio 2?.
    Nope.  % is based off of total entries.  It's stated on the odds page.

It reads:
     Each ticket option odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

No odds do not take into account what priority the choices are just that someone has selected that show as a choice. If the show is saying 99% that should tell you if they have 100 pairs to sell then they have yet to get that many requests for that show. Once they have 101 requests then the odds start moving down no matter what priority the choices are. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

No odds do not take into account what priority the choices are just that someone has selected that show as a choice. If the show is saying 99% that should tell you if they have 100 pairs to sell then they have yet to get that many requests for that show. Once they have 101 requests then the odds start moving down no matter what priority the choices are. 
    Oh. Interesting! Thanks!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    SHOULD I GO TO ROME?
  • Options
    mschostok said:
    Sorry if someone already broached this topic, but what are the odds the band plays at Isle of Wight? They have about four days between their last London date and the next show, conveniently when the Isle of Wight festival is going on.
    Headliners were announced earlier today or at least most of, sure PJ would have been part of that announcement had they had the intention of doing it which I don't think they do. 
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    SHOULD I GO TO ROME?
    Yes. Forever.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    SHOULD I GO TO ROME?
    fuck yeah!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Anyone doing the Prauge and Berlin shows? flights and hotels seem reasonable. what a fourth of July week that will be!

• Options
    ....or Berlin. 

I'll decide tonight.

Rome could be nice. And go to Prague a few days before the show...

• Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    Me and my wife are in for Prague and Krakow. Decided not to go to Berlin this time. Ahh shit. Wish we could afford 3 shows...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Everyone should go to Rome at least once in their life. Why not see Pearl Jam too?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Also anyone know the deal with the Berlin show. Is the whole stadium GA or just certain sections?

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Everyone should go to Rome at least once in their life. Why not see Pearl Jam too?

you paying for me, V?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

Also anyone know the deal with the Berlin show. Is the whole stadium GA or just certain sections?

GA for berlin means you are free to choose whether you want to sit or stand. For seating first come first serve basis. So with 10c you got a chance for better view
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • Options

The whole arena you can stand or sit anywhere its first come first served
  • Options

Thank you all for the info! 

• Options
    nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    nando1979 said:
    77%, good luck!
    Thanks, though I'm losing hope every percent it drops!
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • Options
    Could anyone speak to the GA crowds in Prague and Krakow? My wife and I will be traveling to those shows from America and I would like to make sure that it wouldn't get too rough in GA. Thanks in advance for any information.

5/25/06, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13, 7/11/14, 9/26/15, 4/18/16, (4/20/16), 4/21/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 7/1/18, 7/3/18, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 8/22/24, 9/7/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24

8/1/08, 6/16/11, 6/26/17, 6/27/17, 7/3/19, 2/4/22

11/4/16
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428

GA for berlin means you are free to choose whether you want to sit or stand. For seating first come first serve basis. So with 10c you got a chance for better view
    Thanks for that info. 
  • Options
    NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    Yesterday, I submitted my selections in the 10C lottery, but I would like to make a change. If I cancel my order am I able to make a new selection (as long as it's before the deadline)?
  • Options
    GA will only be lively for the first 5-10rows in the middle the rest will be ok if the last few tours are anything to go by
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Yesterday, I submitted my selections in the 10C lottery, but I would like to make a change. If I cancel my order am I able to make a new selection (as long as it's before the deadline)?

Yes.  Change as often as you want before the deadline.
  • Options
    NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97

Yes.  Change as often as you want before the deadline.
    Thank you so much!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

So 99% is a lock to get tickets? 
  • Options
    bejster23 said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

So 99% is a lock to get tickets? 

Virtually.

But the way I understand it, if one option has 15% odds and the other has 99%, you're best to put the 15% first.

I wonder if something changed. I go back to last year's tour and a lot of people put low odds shows as their first 6-7 picks. They lost all 10.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Could anyone speak to the GA crowds in Prague and Krakow? My wife and I will be traveling to those shows from America and I would like to make sure that it wouldn't get too rough in GA. Thanks in advance for any information.

No idea on Krakow. But I believe Prague crowd is ok. (Berlin is rough up front, always.)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson