Options

2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 252
    doctorvik said:
    This was a total rip off ... a bunch of used open albums thrown/ stuffed  into a box. Tenclub should be ashamed of themselves for this -- I am ashamed of myself for buying it.

We're happy to issue a refund.

Please send your return to the address below with a note explaining the reason for your return or exchange.
    Please include your order number.

Ten Club Merchandise Returns (order number)
    PO BOX 81429
    SEATTLE, WA 98108-1329

Thanks
    Ten Club

Will these "returned box sets" (complete or empty) be available for purchase in the SHOP section?

Unfortunately I didn't buy one when they went on sale. Thanks.

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    The huge majority of people who received this product are thrilled with it. So why the problem?
    What would be neat is for you to start a 'Positive Only' thread dedicated to the majority of the buyers thrilled about this package. I would love to read their thoughts about the package. Might even change my mind about it.
    LOL, im sure a positive only thread would work wonders  :o

I dunno dude, i have read your comments and believe you are mostly underwhelmed by the sound, which isnt really an issue related to the boxset, more the whole reissue generally? If I felt that strongly about the quality of the pressings, I would probably take them up on the refund that was offered.
    Well..dude..lol

Collectors collect, listeners listen.. its all cool I guess.

My thoughts of what I have read from you and comments... is that your a merch guy. You collect. You want to have anything and everything with there name on it. One of those high dollar collectors who I feel sees the whole collection as an investment... which is cool I guess. Make sure you will it to someone who cares, or sell it all a few years before you die so you can give the money to loved ones.

Enjoy what you enjoy, but try and not be so condescending to others with opinions, because that makes you come across as an elitist.

A note regarding your idea to take them up on refund:
    After I check the pressings I would rather sell them to someone who wants it here for cost. I already have the empty box they sold seperately which is cool. I filled it with my original sealed collection. So, I like the look of the box, was hoping for more with pressings in the box set. Didn't happen, not a big deal, just disappointed. Glad there is a place where people can vent without being told not to or how wrong it is of them to do so.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    The huge majority of people who received this product are thrilled with it. So why the problem?
    What would be neat is for you to start a 'Positive Only' thread dedicated to the majority of the buyers thrilled about this package. I would love to read their thoughts about the package. Might even change my mind about it.

I dunno dude, i have read your comments and believe you are mostly underwhelmed by the sound, which isnt really an issue related to the boxset, more the whole reissue generally? If I felt that strongly about the quality of the pressings, I would probably take them up on the refund that was offered.
    Well..dude..lol

My thoughts of what I have read from you and comments... is that your a merch guy. You collect. You want to have anything and everything with there name on it. One of those high dollar collectors who I feel sees the whole collection as an investment... which is cool I guess. Make sure you will it to someone who cares, or sell it all a few years before you die so you can give the money to loved ones.

Enjoy what you enjoy, but try and not be so condescending to others with opinions, because that makes you come across as an elitist.
    Not so much an investment - just something I enjoy. I generally only collect things that appeal to me, and make me happy. I dont see them as valuables as I dont see myself selling them. In a few years if PJ market collapses, thats fine. I think we've all seen how the market bubbles constantly and falls back depending on the current trend of popularity. Thats all good. 

I understand there are audiophiles amoungst us, and I totally respect that and even admire it. If there are issues with the audio mix on these, that is disappointing to folk like you, but given Im generally content with an MP3 I'm the last person who could possibly judge the quality of the press, or be unduly concerned by it from a personal viewpoint. 

The objection to the moaning though was not based on the quality of the audio as this affects the product across the board and is not exclusive to this boxset which was the whole point of the thread and the gripes. and the fact the 10c sold what was described. 

condescending? Oh come on......where on earth have i been condescending ?

There have been passive agressive comments such as 'Again, for a paper weight it's great. I'm sure they will look nice on the shelf'. I really couldnt care less though, perhaps that is what they will become, but you know - a lot of my stuff does. Im at peace with that, and its not too dissimilar to the art collector placing art in portfolios in the dark. Each to their own. 

• Options
    Why are you so up in arms about others opinions? It’s a forum. That’s why it’s here. Bad logic that only people who bought it can complain or praise. You have complained about people complaining more than they have complained lol 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:

Well..dude..lol

Not so much an investment - just something I enjoy. I generally only collect things that appeal to me, and make me happy. I dont see them as valuables as I dont see myself selling them. In a few years if PJ market collapses, thats fine. I think we've all seen how the market bubbles constantly and falls back depending on the current trend of popularity. Thats all good. 

I understand there are audiophiles amoungst us, and I totally respect that and even admire it. If there are issues with the audio mix on these, that is disappointing to folk like you, but given Im generally content with an MP3 I'm the last person who could possibly judge the quality of the press, or be unduly concerned by it from a personal viewpoint. 

The objection to the moaning though was not based on the quality of the audio as this affects the product across the board and is not exclusive to this boxset which was the whole point of the thread and the gripes. and the fact the 10c sold what was described. 

There have been passive agressive comments such as 'Again, for a paper weight it's great. I'm sure they will look nice on the shelf'. I really couldnt care less though, perhaps that is what they will become, but you know - a lot of my stuff does. Im at peace with that, and its not too dissimilar to the art collector placing art in portfolios in the dark. Each to their own. 

Understood, totally understand your view. Now..... here is to hoping we can get that Christmas single...lol
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:
    MedozK said:
    pdalowsky said:

Well..dude..lol

Understood, totally understand your view. Now..... here is to hoping we can get that Christmas single...lol

hahahahahahahahaha

i bet it comes signed  ;)
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    Wait, are there honestly people who expected these to be new, limited, and improved pressings of each of their studio albums... but limited to 500 and not mentioned at all?

haha come on.
  • Options
    If 100 people return the complete box set to 10c? Than we 500 box sets
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    For anybody outside the US they'd be more than the cost of the box if they returned it. With the cost of shipping both ways and taxes etc it would almost be the original $350!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    DP
    Post edited by Horse2345 on
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    my opinion...a paper that says it's limited to 500 is useless. there obviously was way more made. i bought an empty box and filled it with sealed original pressings of all the LPs (missing vs. riot act and avocado still). that's much more rare, collectible and valuable. 

this is coming from a long time record collector of not just pearl jam. so i know what the collecting world is like. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited November 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Err, yeah, the sound quality of the reissues that I've heard is pretty bad, and I've read reviews from others about the ones I haven't heard - they say the sound quality isn't so hot on those. Seriously, I have no clue why this comment bothers you. Look, some people require things to be all positive all the time, and some people have no problems with the negative. It's not because they are miserable, negative people. It's just because confronting negative things doesn't get to them. It's just fine to have whatever thoughts come to them, positive or negative, and express the thoughts honestly. All I'm saying is that I would have loooooooved for PJ to create a really amazing catalogue boxset, and to have paid real attention to sound quality for the release, and brought it to the mass market. That would have been awesome. I hope this box of reissues doesn't mean they will never bring a really good, high quality, special edition boxset to the market.

I do agree that to complain about the actual item not having features that weren't mentioned in the description, like having a stamp or whatever, don't make sense. Those kinds of things obviously would have been mentioned in the description. Expecting something extra, above and beyond the item description, seems pretty silly. But to have some sealed and some unsealed albums in the same box is different. I find that odd. I did not say that these boxes "should have been stamped" exactly. I was saying that the entire thing should have been done better. What I'm mourning is that their first catalogue boxset isn't way better in just about every way, and that it isn't a really big deal with specially produced records inside it. I would have been very interested in a really awesome product - it would have been a huge deal in my collection. But I saw the item description and knew this release would not meet my expectations, and didn't buy it. I wish their standards were higher. That is my complaint as a fan. I think that is what the complaint is for everyone complaining. I can't help but compare this boxset to all the other, far superior boxsets that I have seen released. It is just too bad PJ isn't into it enough to do the same.

I dont require things to be positive when they are not. That would be foolish. What frustrates me is the amount of moaning about a product many people didnt even order, or apparently had no interest in for whatever reason. The huge majority of people who received this product are thrilled with it. So why the problem? You didnt want it? fine, dont buy it. Its such a simple concept. If you have feedback you want the band to hear i find it laughable you think they'll be tuned into this thread pouring over every word and taking notes for next time. Frankly i am sure they have better things to do. This product sold out within 2 hours of being listed. They must be devestated

Why they limited it to 500 is anyone guess and not really relevant for the reasons of my posts on my frustration which you seem to be unable to comprehend. The sevens set was similar, it was in huge demand. We have an artist that a collectible item is not foreign to. They know the market, possibly even play that market, but it works and has worked for a long time. As soon as you make a product unlimited you can take away its collectable nature. Not always the case i would hasten to add but it is true on occasion. A concept that is also not alien to the music world. 

What you would love for them to have created and what they did create are very different things. We are talking about an item that was created, pictured, described and sold, to buyers who were happy to pay. The backlash to it is just insane. You may feel they should have done it better, but they never intimated they would. That is the issue here, and that is what I was referencing in my comments throughout the thread. The complaining about an item that people hoped was going to be special when it was never going sold that way, complaining about the box not being sealed, complaining about numbering, complaining about the records included, pretty much complaining about anything and generally speaking the complaints where from people who didnt even order it....which is just completely absurd. 

As I said, there are people on this forum whom will never be happy, I think the Tenclub have gotten over that with time. Moaning can become a habit, and a need it seems. I prefer to be a little more embracing in my approach - this is a hobby to me, this is something i find fun and exciting, and something i get a great deal of pleasure. If that wasnt the case, you know? I very much doubt i would open the page. 
    How about you just leave us to it? ;) Just let people share whatever thoughts they have on whatever they are thinking about without insulting them. That would make things easier for everyone including yourself, don't you think?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    BCBA said:
    Wait, are there honestly people who expected these to be new, limited, and improved pressings of each of their studio albums... but limited to 500 and not mentioned at all?

haha come on.

Not odd at all for a lot of bands who issue limited edition box sets but sadly it is for PJ.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    KW6232KW6232 Posts: 348
    Could it be because first 8 albums epic(Sony). Last 2 universal music. Maybe that is why the set wasn't sealed. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    BCBA said:

haha come on.
    Actually, if you read some of my earlier comments about the pressings included and my hopes of what could have been included... you could see my point.

And new "improved pressings" of titles happen without having been "mentioned at all". Secret or 'under the radar' re-cutting of records happen all the time.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    so who's putting this baby in discogs? not an enviable task.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    BCBA said:

haha come on.
    Actually, if you read some of my earlier comments about the pressings included and my hopes of what could have been included... you could see my point.

And new "improved pressings" of titles happen without having been "mentioned at all". Secret or 'under the radar' re-cutting of records happen all the time.
    Kev, I'm glad you mentioned the repress of Vs and Vitalogy.  I listened to them and thought something was wrong with my system as it sounded sub par where other records sound great.

I'm glad my ear is still good and can spot a bad pressing.
  • Options
    Not directed to anyone in particular but come on. Most people aren’t happy because they wanted to flip and they can’t because the set can’t fetch 3x what they paid. That’s the burn. 
  • Options
    Not directed to anyone in particular but come on. Most people aren’t happy because they wanted to flip and they can’t because the set can’t fetch 3x what they paid. That’s the burn. 
    I have to disagree with you, since the boxset is indeed going for more than 3x what they paid for it already, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    AndySlash said:

I nominate Mendozk

he has his shit together.

now I want to track down those re-pressings of the VS and Vitalogy reissues.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    PJ_Soul said:
    I have to disagree with you, since the boxset is indeed going for more than 3x what they paid for it already, lol.
    I didn't buy it to flip it, I rarely sell any records.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't buy it to flip it, I rarely sell any records.
    I didn't buy it at all, but if I had, I wouldn't flip it. I think flippers are scumbags.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    @Horse2345 .. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I did what you said. I self cleared my box set!
    I opened up a UPS My Choice account so I can pick up my Box Set at the local UPS facility.
    I called up UPS. I even emailed UPS. I requested the copy of customs declaration and the UPS form on the tracking #.
    That i'm self clearing my package.
    I received both forms via email. Printed them out & took them to my local CBSA customs office.
    They stamped everything. They completed & printed out the B-15 form.
    And I was charge there for $66.91 CDN total in GST/HST. Nova Scotia tax is 15%. Value of the Box Set is $446 CDN.
    $137.71 CDN is what UPS wanted from me in fees.
    I sent the scan photos to the UPS rep this morning via email. All went through.
    I went straight to the UPS center after work today & picked up my box set.
    No UPS charges. I just signed my name on their signature capture pad & was given the box set.
    Went back into my car excited with my 2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set & knowing I saved $70 bucks thanks to @Horse2345.

• Options
    ^^^ Nice!
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    I got #128. I guess it could have been a lot higher number judging from the pics I have seen on here. I already have original copies of No Code-Lightning Bolt and repressed versions of ten Vs and Vitalogy but the box was too nice to pass up and Its always nice to have a backup copy to lend out to friends. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 726
    finally got it...love it...very cool, #131...thing has some heft and glad i scored!

Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    @Horse2345 .. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I did what you said. I self cleared my box set!
    I opened up a UPS My Choice account so I can pick up my Box Set at the local UPS facility.
    I called up UPS. I even emailed UPS. I requested the copy of customs declaration and the UPS form on the tracking #.
    That i'm self clearing my package.
    I received both forms via email. Printed them out & took them to my local CBSA customs office.
    They stamped everything. They completed & printed out the B-15 form.
    And I was charge there for $66.91 CDN total in GST/HST. Nova Scotia tax is 15%. Value of the Box Set is $446 CDN.
    $137.71 CDN is what UPS wanted from me in fees.
    I sent the scan photos to the UPS rep this morning via email. All went through.
    I went straight to the UPS center after work today & picked up my box set.
    No UPS charges. I just signed my name on their signature capture pad & was given the box set.
    Went back into my car excited with my 2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set & knowing I saved $70 bucks thanks to @Horse2345.

Awesome, glad everything went smoothly! 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    lolobugg said:
    AndySlash said:

I nominate Mendozk

he has his shit together.

now I want to track down those re-pressings of the VS and Vitalogy reissues.

Ha, well I got mine today. Looked and confirmed the box contains the following US pressings:
    Ten - Circa 2015 SST cut MPO pressing included in a EU Ten Redux repressing
    Vs - The 2011 NRP cut United Pressing
    Vitalogy - The 2011 NRP cut United Pressing
    No Code - 2016 SST cut MPO Pressing
    Yield - 2016 SST cut MPO Pressing
    Binaural - 2017 SST cut MPO Pressing
    Riot Act - 2017 SST cut MPO Pressing
    Pearl Jam - 2017 SST cut MPO Pressing
    These are sealed; didn't want to open them but I would assume they are:
    Backspacer - 2009 Golden cut RTI Pressing
    Lightning Bolt - 2013 Golden cut United Pressing.

@lolobugg be careful hunting for those repressings. You have to make sure they are EU pressings pressed at Record Industry in Holland.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    AndySlash said:
    Done with initial entry.

https://www.discogs.com/release/11159662
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    finally got it...love it...very cool, #131...thing has some heft and glad i scored!

Beee-autiful!! 
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18