2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Jimminez said:
    Deep Purple is playing at Tauron on July 1st. 
    So either:
    1) Not the 2nd
    2) Not at Tauron
    3) Use same staging.

http://www.tauronarenakrakow.pl/en/wydarzenia/deep-purple-the-long-goodbye-tour-2/
    Didn't the original rumoured dates say July 3rd?
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Jimminez said:
    Deep Purple is playing at Tauron on July 1st. 
    So either:
    1) Not the 2nd
    2) Not at Tauron
    3) Use same staging.

http://www.tauronarenakrakow.pl/en/wydarzenia/deep-purple-the-long-goodbye-tour-2/
    Didn't the original rumoured dates say July 3rd?
    Yes it did.  So points towards the second not being accurate either.
    Safe bet is to make plans to leave Prague morning of 2nd and arrive Krakow early afternoon.
    Trying to sort out travel with the potential that it will be for the entire family of four.  If just me and ticket buddy, then less concerned.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Different bands play same arenas on back to back days all the time. first band completes load-out at around 2 am, the next will start load-in in the morning.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited November 2017
    Thinking through possible windows for Pearl Jam to do Wrigley again. Criteria being longer road trips, mid-to-late summer, with a few days around the weekend available. 
    • June 22-25
    • July 12-15 (All Star game week)
    • July 28 (Foo's playing 29-30, not the 27th because they need at least a day for stage setup)
    • August 17-20
    • August 31-September 8 (Labor Day weekend, end of that stretch maybe not enough time to repair field)
    Post edited by tschav on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    my2hands said:
    I heard Europe is cancelled again
    ill pm everyone in this forum all infos i have for usa shows except u
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    my2hands said:
    Yo Malaka!?!?!?!?!

LOL
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,877
    If the 3 Italian tour stops are correct it will be a super cool road trip summer 2018 for me... :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my2hands said:
    I heard just breathe will be the first song during the encore this tour. You must be pumped. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I can't even imagine what Dimi's pm inbox looks like lol
  • For a festival such as Werchter, is there a reserved area for 10C tickets? Or is it GA for everyone and best to get there early in the day for good viewing? Also how long of a set list could you expect at Werchter? 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I'm wondering if PJ is doing Lollapalooza Chicago in 2018. No evidence to support that idea, but it's been 11 years since they last played Grant Park. With the band performing at other Lollapaloozas in '18, and having just played Wrigley in '16, it seems possible. Festivals seem to hold a lot of allure, and PJ has played a few US fests twice since their last Lolla Chicago.
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    Pearl Jam North America - 2 Wrigley, 2 Fenway and 2 Safeco....Book it
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    bejster23 said:
    For a festival such as Werchter, is there a reserved area for 10C tickets? Or is it GA for everyone and best to get there early in the day for good viewing? Also how long of a set list could you expect at Werchter? 
    No 10C section at festivals.
    vedpunk said:
    PJ is working in conjunction with the Key Arena, and hasn't played any shows there since partnering. Why would they play Safeco? 
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    edited November 2017
    3days said:
    I'm wondering if PJ is doing Lollapalooza Chicago in 2018. No evidence to support that idea, but it's been 11 years since they last played Grant Park. With the band performing at other Lollapaloozas in '18, and having just played Wrigley in '16, it seems possible. Festivals seem to hold a lot of allure, and PJ has played a few US fests twice since their last Lolla Chicago.
    This what I keep saying. 
    Makes more sense than Wrigley in my opinion. 
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    edited November 2017
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:
    PJ is working in conjunction with the Key Arena, and hasn't played any shows there since partnering. Why would they play Safeco? 
    Was the Key Arena project ever started?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:
    Agreed.  I could see them playing at least 3 shows at Key Arena on the next tour. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    CopperTom said:
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:
    To be honest, I'm not sure. And it seems like the articles reporting a partnership were a little misleading. It sounds more like a negotiation than something agreed upon. I haven't heard anything new since April. That being said, Kelly Curtis sits on an advisory board for Key Arena. 
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 806
    edited November 2017
    You'll find out soon enough, that's all I can say
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • retroretro Posts: 111
    P.s.As for rest places except netherlands...
    What other places they didnt play cos cancel 2016 tour??there are out there which places suppose to play in 2016..especially festivals..trust ne..if they cancel those festivals in 2016..in this tour they gonna play to those ones...
    All festivals in 2016? One is missing in the gap between rome and prague. Dimitri, are the dates complete? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    2 nights at Progressive field, as Eddie plays on the dirt that the Cubs won the World Series on

Cleveland has to happen in 2018
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    3days said:
    CopperTom said:
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:
    To be honest, I'm not sure. And it seems like the articles reporting a partnership were a little misleading. It sounds more like a negotiation than something agreed upon. I haven't heard anything new since April. That being said, Kelly Curtis sits on an advisory board for Key Arena. 

It's far from a done deal, and if it's gets done, it won't be done in time
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:
    ha ha ha Go Dimi!  :)
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    JojoRice said:
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:
    Agreed.  I could see them playing at least 3 shows at Key Arena on the next tour. 
    Last time there was supposed to be a second Key Arena show, but it never happened. I would really like to think they'd do Key Arena again, but I can totally see them doing Safeco field instead seeing as how they've done Wrigley and Fenway. I hope that's not the case because Foo Fighters are doing Safeco, and I specifically bought tickets this week for Portland instead so that I could get the smaller arena. It's a two hour drive for me, but it's worth it. Fingers crossed no Safeco Field for PJ.....Key Arena all the way!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    3days said:
    This what I keep saying. 
    I'll go if they play anywhere around here...but I don't want to pay lolla prices to see PJ (and a short set that would come with it) and a bunch of other bands I have no interest in. I'd rather see PJ at Wrigley again and get a 3 hour show. Well actually Alpine would be the best, but that seems unlikely.
    3days said:
    CopperTom said:
    3days said:
    vedpunk said:

It's far from a done deal, and if it's gets done, it won't be done in time
    That could very well be true. The actual project seems to be about some sort of renovation, which would require funds. However, it takes fundraising to raise funds. Therefore, if their manager sits on the board, and their goal is to help raise funds for a renovation, and they're exploring a business relationship, I would guess that Pearl Jam plays the Key Arena if they play in town. Could be wrong.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Sarava said:
    3days said:
    This what I keep saying. 
    I'll go if they play anywhere around here...but I don't want to pay lolla prices to see PJ (and a short set that would come with it) and a bunch of other bands I have no interest in. I'd rather see PJ at Wrigley again and get a 3 hour show. Well actually Alpine would be the best, but that seems unlikely.
    Alpine will need a strong lineup in 2018 if they attempt a comeback after a full year off.  Maybe it could happen!
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    vedpunk said:
    ^This^ plus 1-2 NA festivals when they get back from Europe, then a Fall 2018 arena tour in US and Canada.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    my2hands said:
    I can't even imagine what Dimi's pm inbox looks like lol
    His box is probably destroyed!!!
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    tschav said:
    Thinking through possible windows for Pearl Jam to do Wrigley again. Criteria being longer road trips, mid-to-late summer, with a few days around the weekend available. 
    • June 22-25
    • July 12-15 (All Star game week)
    • July 28 (Foo's playing 29-30, not the 27th because they need at least a day for stage setup)
    • August 17-20
    • August 31-September 8 (Labor Day weekend, end of that stretch maybe not enough time to repair field)
    Thanks for posting this. We know it won't be June or mid-July because of the rumored Europe dates.
    My complete guess would be something like:
    Safeco Field Aug 8-12 (two shows)
    Wrigley Field Aug 17-20 (two shows)
    Fenway Park Aug 31-Sep 3 (two shows)