Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    enter lotto..whooohoo
    99% looks so goood 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Amsterdam is the calmest crowd in Europe definitely G.A. 
    Also tallest :lol:

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    IZIIZI Kraków Posts: 101
    If somebody wants to know something about Kraków (now or closer the show) ask me
    PJ 1996 Warszawa, 2000 Katowice 1 ,2007 Chorzów, 2010 Gdynia, 2014 Gdynia, 2018 Amsterdam 1+2, Londyn 1, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Londyn 2
    EV 2019 Amsterdam 1+2, Florence, Barolo, Berlin, Dusseldorf 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,965
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Does anyone know of the odds are first preference only per show or does it take into second, third preference etc?
    They count everything in

hope not because that would not be fair to someone who has a show as a 1st choice over someone who has the same show as 3rd choice.

are we sure its like that? why even put choices in the first place then?
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    enter lotto..whooohoo
    99% looks so goood 
    Happy that i don't have odds problems with Padova and Rome...driving through Italy will be amazing again...really enjoyed it in 2014!! :)
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    edited December 2017
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Does anyone know of the odds are first preference only per show or does it take into second, third preference etc?
    They count everything in

hope not because that would not be fair to someone who has a show as a 1st choice over someone who has the same show as 3rd choice.

They count 1st and 2nd and 3rd etc.in the total. That means if you have it 1st choice the odds are better
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    They count everything in

They count 1st and 2nd and 3rd etc.in the total. That means if you have it 1st choice the odds are better
    Lets say there are 100 tix available
    80 1st
    30 2nd
    30 3rd 
    The odds are 71% or something but all people that have it as 1st choice get in. At least this is what I understood from the conversation I had with Dimitris last night.

ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    They count everything in

80 1st
    30 2nd
    30 3rd 
    The odds are 71% or something but all people that have it as 1st choice get in. At least this is what I understood from the conversation I had with Dimitris last night.

got it!Thanks!

lets hope being 1st choice will get me tickets even in a 17%
  • Options
    Just curious how the London GA is typically? Is it similar to a US show or much more active?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,698
    eboweddie said:
    Apparently Pearl Jam are still in negotiations to headline Slane in Co Meath Ireland, this is why no Dublin/Belfast/Manchester show. slane can hold 80k. Pj played it in 1993 suporting Neil Young. It could happen. fingers crossed. makes sense to have one more massive show
    Cant see it happening. Not many options open to them within the current dates.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,698
    deftones said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    They count everything in

80 1st
    30 2nd
    30 3rd 

So if you are lucky enough to get your first preference per show eg. standing, you should be removed from the seating draw if you had that as a 2nd preference, therefore the odds can go back up as the draws are being made??
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    deftones said:
    deftones said:
    just_one said:
    deftones said:
    Kearn5y said:
    They count everything in

80 1st
    30 2nd
    30 3rd 

So if you are lucky enough to get your first preference per show eg. standing, you should be removed from the seating draw if you had that as a 2nd preference, therefore the odds can go back up as the draws are being made??
    I suppose so if someone has GA as 1st and reserved as 2nd for the same show
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Sorry if someone already broached this topic, but what are the odds the band plays at Isle of Wight? They have about four days between their last London date and the next show, conveniently when the Isle of Wight festival is going on.
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    mschostok said:
    Sorry if someone already broached this topic, but what are the odds the band plays at Isle of Wight? They have about four days between their last London date and the next show, conveniently when the Isle of Wight festival is going on.

besides a 2nd show in Amsterdam or hopefully a 2nd show in barcelona i dont see them adding new shows to the tour.
    When they annouce a tour they always announce all shows , if they add anything after its always 2nd city shows
  • Options
    just_one said:
    mschostok said:

besides a 2nd show in Amsterdam or hopefully a 2nd show in barcelona i dont see them adding new shows to the tour.
    When they annouce a tour they always announce all shows , if they add anything after its always 2nd city shows
    Why not a second in Rome?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    just_one said:
    mschostok said:

Ok gotcha, thanks!
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Options
    just_one said:
    mschostok said:

Why not a second in Rome?

because its a stadium. other ones are arenas, much less capacity
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325
    enter lotto..whooohoo
    99% looks so goood 
    Happy that i don't have odds problems with Padova and Rome...driving through Italy will be amazing again...really enjoyed it in 2014!! :)
    If it ‘s possible we could share a part of the trip. From Pisa or florence it takes aprox 3h by car
    let’s see :)
  • Options
    Cosimo82Cosimo82 Posts: 325

Why not a second in Rome? Or florence? ...seems there’s time before prague...

• Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Just curious how the London GA is typically? Is it similar to a US show or much more active?
    depends on the crowd on the night, basing it on Leeds ad Milton Keynes, the majority of folks were great but at MK there were pockets of people being brutal. You never know in the UK what you're going to get. Seen it all at various gigs from those standing with arms folded near the front to people going by punching and biting people.
    Im expecting nothing more a usual great crowd of appreciative PJ fans that look out for each other.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    I've put London 2, Prague and Krakow in the lottery, in that order, all GA. If I get London, do I then have less chance of getting either/Any of the other two. I'd like all three but don't know if that's a possibility? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,804
    Some tips on best way to pick for these shows with GA % being so high and reserved so low

- The odds are only a show of how popular that event is with regards to picks. The odds do not take into account what priority you are putting your picks in for but they just do an accumulation of every pick. This means if I put something down as a priority one and you put the same thing down as a priority 10 they will carry the same weight when effecting the odds. 
    - The way the shows are picked goes something like this. They do 1 show at a time(with a computer program) Lets say it is for Amsterdam 1. They take everyone that put reserved as their first priority and do a draw. If there are more first priorities picks then seats available then some people will lose out in the draw. If there are seats available after the first priority draw is done then they move onto priority 2. The same goes for GA. Once Amsterdam is filled up the move onto the next show. 
    - If you want reserved and do not want GA do not put GA down anywhere. Odds are you are going to lose reserved and win GA so be careful
    - If you want GA and do not want reserved at all do not put reserved down anywhere especially ahead of other shows GA's. It makes no sense with these odds to put a GA down as a first pick and then the same shows reserved pick as a second. 
    - As of right now all GA's are 100% locks to get in besides Amsterdam and London 1. If you want these two shows do put Amsterdam first London 1 second and everything else after. 

• Options
    I've put London 2, Prague and Krakow in the lottery, in that order, all GA. If I get London, do I then have less chance of getting either/Any of the other two. I'd like all three but don't know if that's a possibility? 
    Normally yes but since Prague and Krakow are 99% then you will get those picks if they are even your 10th or 11th. That 99% number tells you that they have yet to meet enough ticket requests to satisfy amount of tickets they have to distribute. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Normally yes but since Prague and Krakow are 99% then you will get those picks if they are even your 10th or 11th. That 99% number tells you that they have yet to meet enough ticket requests to satisfy amount of tickets they have to distribute. 
    Thank you, so I *could* get all three?
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:
    depends on the crowd on the night, basing it on Leeds ad Milton Keynes, the majority of folks were great but at MK there were pockets of people being brutal. You never know in the UK what you're going to get. Seen it all at various gigs from those standing with arms folded near the front to people going by punching and biting people.
    Im expecting nothing more a usual great crowd of appreciative PJ fans that look out for each other.
  • Options
    OK .Got it. Thanks!
  • Options
    sloveniaslovenia Posts: 102
    PJNB said:
    Some tips on best way to pick for these shows with GA % being so high and reserved so low

- The odds are only a show of how popular that event is with regards to picks. The odds do not take into account what priority you are putting your picks in for but they just do an accumulation of every pick. This means if I put something down as a priority one and you put the same thing down as a priority 10 they will carry the same weight when effecting the odds. 
    - The way the shows are picked goes something like this. They do 1 show at a time(with a computer program) Lets say it is for Amsterdam 1. They take everyone that put reserved as their first priority and do a draw. If there are more first priorities picks then seats available then some people will lose out in the draw. If there are seats available after the first priority draw is done then they move onto priority 2. The same goes for GA. Once Amsterdam is filled up the move onto the next show. 
    - If you want reserved and do not want GA do not put GA down anywhere. Odds are you are going to lose reserved and win GA so be careful
    - If you want GA and do not want reserved at all do not put reserved down anywhere especially ahead of other shows GA's. It makes no sense with these odds to put a GA down as a first pick and then the same shows reserved pick as a second. 
    - As of right now all GA's are 100% locks to get in besides Amsterdam and London 1. If you want these two shows do put Amsterdam first London 1 second and everything else after. 

well said.  if anyone wants London 1, they could always get London 2 (if it's still at 99%) and find someone to partner up with.  there will always be the typical "have spare night 1, looking for night 2 and vice versa)
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Thank you, so I *could* get all three?
    You can and you will get all 3 if the odds stay the same. Watch to see if any of those 3 shows start to drop from the locked 99%. If one does just put it first priority. 
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:
    I would say london crowds are probably most rowdy in my experience i always prefer other crowds than my own country . Berlin was the closest to roughness imo
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -