2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    It seems like they play Werchter every time they go to Europe nowadays. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • It seems like they play Werchter every time they go to Europe nowadays. 
    Best festival Ive been to (2010).
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Been to most of those cities... hmmm.... Not Krakow and Prague though. 

Saw Neil Young at Waldbuhne last summer. Pretty much the same arena as Wuhlheide (but bigger?). Great place.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Were the rumours about NIN and PJ at Hellfest in France false? Or was it just rumours from my friends ass?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Were the rumours about NIN and PJ at Hellfest in France false? Or was it just rumours from my friends ass?
    Photoshopped poster
  • nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    It seems like they play Werchter every time they go to Europe nowadays. 
    Best festival Ive been to (2010).
    Agreed. Went 2006 and 2008, so well run compared to the festival's at home
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • When does Werchter announce?
    It should be early December. They usually do it on Fridays. So either Dec 1 or Dec 8 I would say. 
  • It seems like they play Werchter every time they go to Europe nowadays. 
    Rumor says they are suppose to do all festivals they committed in 2016 and didn't announce at the end. 
  • Could one of the reasons PJ often miss Scandinavia be that they refuse to play festivals up here? Could that have some impact in some tour-booking-machinery-way, and not just that it's a hassle coming up to Denmark/Sweden/Norway/Finland geographically?
  • my2hands said:
    So these are the guys showing up late and weasling their way up front ;)

We are the biggest fans.  We deserve those spots. 
    I hope you're joking.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Pearl Jam played Scandinavia in 2014 and 2012.  No issues getting there.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited November 2017
    Pearl Jam played Scandinavia in 2014 and 2012.  No issues getting there.
    Yes. But not 06, 09, 10. So, "often miss" might have been a little hyperbolic. 

But still, Tori Amos and Pearl Jam seem to want to avoid Sweden. Haha.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    that belgium festival is great and all..but so expensive to stay there and im old to walk for 6 kilometres in thew middle of nowhere at 1 am..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited November 2017
    so...

8 shows 

like 800 euros for concert tickets.
    like 1500 euros for hotel for 24 days
    900 are flights and trains and buses 

so..3200 euros + transportations to airport,in the cities.taxis,and  food,drinks,.for 24 days
    shit..disaster..!!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    so...

8 shows 

so..3200 euros + transportations to airport,in the cities.taxis,food,drinks,.
    shit..disaster..!!
    Being my personal hero for devoting so much time and money to the band....priceless. 

Live the dream DIMI!
  • so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!
    Guess Milano, Bologna, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    RS65573 said:
    so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!
    Being my personal hero for devoting so much time and money to the band....priceless. 

Live the dream DIMI!
    i love what i love dude!
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Xmas coming and plenty of other tickets to buy too. GNR, Iron Maiden (wtf is this, like 1992 again?)

Maybe now is a time to start selling some vinyl. Sevens, Benny, Lost Dogs, org Riot Act, org No Code, Whitespacer. Come take your pick :lol:
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    so...

8 shows 

so..3200 euros + transportations to airport,in the cities.taxis,and  food,drinks,.for 24 days
    shit..disaster..!!
    If you can do it, DO IT!  (I know I don't have to tell you this, as you've done it before :))

Outside of my honeymoon and kids being born, the 10 shows I did in 2000 were the funnest/happiest/most exciting time of my life.  
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!
    That seems like a great price.  I expect my 1 week, 2 city trip to cost between $3,000 and $4,000.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited November 2017
    so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!
    1500 euros for 24 nights of hotels? Are you splitting the room or paying to sleep in the train station?! That seems cheap as hell. 

Disney is gonna cost me around $3500-4 for three nights after all is said and done. Lol. Damn kids. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!
    1500 euros for 24 nights of hotels? Are you splitting the room or paying to sleep in the train station?! That seems cheap as hell. 

Disney is gonna cost me around $3500-4 for three nights after all is said and done. Lol. Damn kids. 
    yes,,cos i book hotels and flights  first,,before concert tic sales
    after ticket sales?
    oh yeah...double prices..plus i ve been to europe and alot of the cities.and knoiw where are venues and where to book hotel 
    lets say pj plays at x city in europe  on 5th of the montrh
    next show is at 7th ..and its 1 hour flight..
    like 500 freaks will go to both shows..
    you know when those people will travel?
    at 6th ..so..go book the flight before ticket sales..will be 50 $
    after ticjet sales?..sure,.,those 500 will try to book the 3-4 available flight of the 6th...
    welcome 130-150 $ for that flight!!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited November 2017
    Hotel prices right now are really cheap if you do not need something crazy fancy for the locations I am looking at. That and a free cancelation policy make it a no brainer for reserving a room. 

Really hope these dates are close to true. I added a couple of days before and after the rumoured dates but you never know what is going to happen.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    I'm almost wiped out financially after buying a Wrestlemania travel package last month, so although I want a tour announcement I'm kinda hoping it's just after Christmas. Gives me time to recover money-wise!
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:
    Hotel prices right now are really cheap if you do not need something crazy fancy for the locations I am looking at. That and a free cancelation policy make it a no brainer for reserving a room. 

Really hope these dates are close to true. I added a couple of days before and after the rumoured dates but you never know what is going to happen.
    Hey you have kids too!  How are you going to swing europe?!  (I am very jealous)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    after ticjet sales?..sure,.,those 500 will try to book the 3-4 available flight of the 6th...
    this works great, if you have the dates beforehand! haha
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Hey you have kids too!  How are you going to swing europe?!  (I am very jealous)
    We have a family that supports our habit lol. Both our mothers are a great help. We do not travel very often but when we do we go big!. This trip though I may be going solo if at all. We were going to try and make it work together but sanity took over and only one of us will go which would have to be me.  
    DEGBTI said:
    this works great, if you have the dates beforehand! haha
    nope ..when the band announce tour..instead think what entrie u put at lottery..u go and book flights..and hotels
    then last day,u see the odds and pick which shows u enter lottery with more chances to win..
    u dont need t worry bout costy of flights and hotel next to venue  that are expensive,,cos u done that

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    RS65573 said:
    so...

8 shows 

shit..disaster..!!

Live the dream DIMI!
    i love what i love dude!
    Still...cheaper than E & blow
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore