2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    my2hands said:
    So these are the guys showing up late and weasling their way up front ;)

We are the biggest fans.  We deserve those spots. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    kaw753 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I'm going to go in another direction away from the Europe speculations, and go back to US for a moment. CalJam18 was announced yesterday.....do we think Pearl Jam would possibly play this festival? One thought is that they might not since they wouldn't be the headliners, obviously Foo Fighters would be. Any other thoughts on this?

Went this year and had a great time. Mostly went to see QOTSA and Japandroids and was pretty much front row for both. Well organized festival with a great vibe. Hotter than ballz at noon though.
    It seemed like a great lineup, but I'll bet it was a scorcher that day. Yikes!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    So these are the guys showing up late and weasling their way up front ;)
    Haha, definitely no weasling. I’m very aware of who was in front of me and i never step around people. I simply walk straight up and stand right behind the person who’s already there. I’m always shocked that no one is directly in front of mike or stone. There is usually someone on the rail, but it’s empty right behind them. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I almost got a pic from Mike at a show in Chicago (Allstate Arena - 2000 I think). It went right over me and only 1 person was close by. I tried to fend him off while my ex wife snagged it. She didn't and I missed out. I'd rather have had the pic than her.

:smirk:

Almost shook Eddies hand after a solo Chicago show. He was literally looking right at me and shook the hand of the person next to me. Close. BUUUUTTTTT......I was at game 7 of the 2016 World Series with Ed, and even though he was on the field celebrating afterwards, he looked our way as he walked past and we chanted his name. He smiled, pumped his fist and kept walking. As that night was a highlight of my life...quite possibly the best moment. Literally the only way it could have been topped would have been to be photographed with him and Bryzzo on the field. Oh well, I'd say I still got pretty lucky after all.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I almost got a pic from Mike at a show in Chicago (Allstate Arena - 2000 I think). It went right over me and only 1 person was close by. I tried to fend him off while my ex wife snagged it. She didn't and I missed out. I'd rather have had the pic than her.

:smirk:

Almost shook Eddies hand after a solo Chicago show. He was literally looking right at me and shook the hand of the person next to me. Close. BUUUUTTTTT......I was at game 7 of the 2016 World Series with Ed, and even though he was on the field celebrating afterwards, he looked our way as he walked past and we chanted his name. He smiled, pumped his fist and kept walking. As that night was a highlight of my life...quite possibly the best moment. Literally the only way it could have been topped would have been to be photographed with him and Bryzzo on the field. Oh well, I'd say I still g
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    Stockholm '14, maybe waited 2 min after I picked up my tickets an hour before the show.  Oslo the next day there was no line, but I was in the GA line, and walked over to the merch table as they opened. 
    scandinavia is so easy at merch..i still didnt stop at merch even there was no line ..
    funny was both shows i got rail and walk in 15 min before show time
    You got front row 15 minutes before Pearl Jam came on?

The far sides of the floor.  Great places to see the show.  Easy in and out for beer/bathroom runs.  Still very close to the stage, and at Oslo 2014 McCready leaned into the crowd right in front of us.
    oslo side rail was awesomne,..we even have cold tap water next to the rail!!
    I recall you coming in and walking around folks on Mikes side before the show started. At the time I didn’t know who you were. I was in the middle with the Strangest Tribe banner folks in Oslo. Then had Ed stand up in front of me. My first and only time that close. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Hope this is announced soon....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Jimminez said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    Stockholm '14, maybe waited 2 min after I picked up my tickets an hour before the show.  Oslo the next day there was no line, but I was in the GA line, and walked over to the merch table as they opened. 
    scandinavia is so easy at merch..i still didnt stop at merch even there was no line ..

The far sides of the floor.  Great places to see the show.  Easy in and out for beer/bathroom runs.  Still very close to the stage, and at Oslo 2014 McCready leaned into the crowd right in front of us.
    I recall you coming in and walking around folks on Mikes side before the show started. At the time I didn’t know who you were. I was in the middle with the Strangest Tribe banner folks in Oslo. Then had Ed stand up in front of me. My first and only time that close. 
    yes..was ome friends in the rail and walk to say hi..and pass some euro tour  pins
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486

mfc2006 said:
    Hope this is announced soon....
    December 5, 2017 (!?)
  • exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    Queen of the stone age confirmed for NOS ALIVE  .. Will be some festival if Pearl jam get announced also 
    Jimminez said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:

yes..was ome friends in the rail and walk to say hi..and pass some euro tour  pins
    This time around I will be sure to say hi with a proper introduction 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jimminez said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:

AKA weasling his way up front lol

I'm kidding Greek :)
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,357
    Has Dimi hinted in any way that the list of dates floating around is indeed accurate or not?
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    I was on the rail for u2 last year after walking in about 15-20 minutes before  The show. 
    I went to a number of the JT30 shows and the floor was well packed 15-20 minutes before U2 came on.
    Did you walk in 15-20 mins before the opening band? That would have definitely worked at the shows I attended.
    Post edited by PeterED on
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PeterED said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    I was on the rail for u2 last year after walking in about 15-20 minutes before  The show. 
    How many people did you have to push past to get that spot?
    Nobody, the rail was vacant.  Adam's side.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Why do you assume he pushed past people? A friend walked right up to the rail Stone's side at Toronto last year a few minutes before the band hit the stage. Some people just aren't as militant about their spots. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • i cant believe that i ve been to italy so many times and at so many different cities and never been to rome!!
    What about this summer? It's a shame man..you have to come! 

fuck yeah im coming!
    We have to wait more or less than a month for the EU TOUR announcement? Cause I live in Florence and after firenzerocks I'll be out of cash.. so would be great to know! Wanna go to 2-3 pj venue so I have to take a huge decision here! 
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    CopperTom said:

12.06- Amsterdam ziggo dome
    14.06 - Amsterdam ziggo dome
    16.06 - Pinkpop
    18.06 - London O2 arena
    20.06 - London O2 arena
    22.06 - Milan san siro stadium
    24.06 - Bologna
    26.06 - Rome stadio olimpico
    1.07- Prague
    3.07 - Krakow
    6.07 - Berlin waldbühne
    8.07 - Werchter
    10.07 - Barcelona
    12.07 - Madrid Mad Cool fest
    14.07 - Lisbon alive fest
    The citys and some dates seems to be correct!
    Announcment December 5, 2017 (?)
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    D.Frank said:
    CopperTom said:

16.06 - Pinkpop
    18.06 - London O2 arena
    20.06 - London O2 arena
    24.06 - Bologna
    1.07- Prague
    3.07 - Krakow
    6.07 - Berlin waldbühne
    8.07 - Werchter
    10.07 - Barcelona
    I feel like these dates would of been deleted by now if correct.  No??
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    100 Pacer said:
    Why do you assume he pushed past people? A friend walked right up to the rail Stone's side at Toronto last year a few minutes before the band hit the stage. Some people just aren't as militant about their spots. 

My ticket buddy and I walked in to GA at the second Toronto show last year less than half an hour before it started, walked way over to the edge of Mike's side, and started off 4 rows back. About two songs in the guy in front of me abruptly turn and pushed his way out - maybe he couldn't stand GA? - so I was three rows back. At the end of the first set the woman in front of me left to join friends - now second row. Beginning of the second encore - for some reason, things loosen up in front and there's a spot right in front of me so I step forward and there I am, on the rail, in time to get a cup of wine and get up close and personal with Mike when he comes right down. It was great, and everyone was chill - no pushing involved.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    D.Frank said:
    CopperTom said:

16.06 - Pinkpop
    18.06 - London O2 arena
    20.06 - London O2 arena
    24.06 - Bologna
    1.07- Prague
    3.07 - Krakow
    6.07 - Berlin waldbühne
    8.07 - Werchter
    10.07 - Barcelona
    And what makes you say that?  I'm hoping there are some back-to-back dates but I'm not going to be picky.  Will sort itself out.

I'm now more curious as to the rumored April stuff.  Reference to Hawaii was made, which isn't in the cards for April, but perhaps something else.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
    PeterED said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    I went to a number of the JT30 shows and the floor was well packed 15-20 minutes before U2 came on.
    Did you walk in 15-20 mins before the opening band? That would have definitely worked at the shows I attended.
    No, 15-20 minutes before u2 went on we walked right up on Adam's side.  I went to the giant stadium show.  
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    mcgruff10 said:
    PeterED said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    No, 15-20 minutes before u2 went on we walked right up on Adam's side.  I went to the giant stadium show.  
    That's what I did for the U2 show in Detroit this summer.  It seemed like they were 15 feet above me - should have been back further to take it all in.  P.S. I will never see U2 again.  Just needed to check that box.  ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    PeterED said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    That's what I did for the U2 show in Detroit this summer.  It seemed like they were 15 feet above me - should have been back further to take it all in.  P.S. I will never see U2 again.  Just needed to check that box.  ;)
    yeah that stage was definitely elevated!!!!  I got two ga tickets for the newark show this june.
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    100 Pacer said:
    I had hoped I edited my original post before people had a chance to reply. Clearly, I wasn't quick enough.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    No offense intended. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    mcgruff10 said:
    PeterED said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    You stood right next to us in Miami...see Jay in green shirt on left?? what maybe 7 back ? ... we got to that spot about 30 minutes before the show started.  

GA Line before doors opened in Miami -- I was still taking pics outside and didn't go in until line was gone.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    When does Werchter announce?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    When does Werchter announce?
    Last year was Nov 14th for the headliners. 2018 is a week later than 2017 was so maybe we will get info next week...