2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,905
    edited November 2017
    mrk2 said:
    Never stood in a Pearl Jam merch line in Europe for more than two minutes.

x2

and i´ve been to amsterdam , milan , oslo , vienna , berlin outside of Portugal.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    ii never do merch on tour..i like to party..but..in the line for merch in europe?;
    netherlands and uk is raining and spain and italy is like  40 celsius!!   
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,224
    Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    TigaSefi said:
    Wait? they are playing London O2 Arena? didn't they say they'll never play that venue again due to smoking on the stage and breaking the curfew. I absolutely hate that arena. Shame it couldn't be Leeds again. I suppose I'll have to do one Ziggo dome and one O2! Better than nowt.
    Will it be by ballot again? I just remembered how expensive the tickets were for recent Eddie's solo tour.
    If London is an arena show, i would take the o2 over wembley arena any day.
    Eh, I'm a much bigger fan of Wembley. The O2 is hideously corporate; last time I went in I had two poor dudes with heavy drink containers on their backs arguing about who got to serve me because their pay was clearly commission based. Then the show started and I had them and security guards walking in front of me all night. Hate it in there.
    Fair enough but the sound is crap at wembley
    Seen about 20 shows at Wembley Arena; the only one I've seen with bad sound was PJ. It's a challenging room but a lot is down to the sound crew. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:
    I love the day off in between... i had a feeling it would become a norm after the ballpark shows and seeing other older larger acts move in that direction recently 

For those that wouldn't like that setup, if you're travelling to europe, or anywhere, don't you want to check it out? 
    Pearl Jam fans check a city out??? No way, they'd rather wait on the sidewalk in a GA line

Isn't that the truth! I'm in the small percentage that would actually check out the city. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    ZeldaZonk said:
    chriszee said:
    my2hands said:
    I love the day off in between... i had a feeling it would become a norm after the ballpark shows and seeing other older larger acts move in that direction recently 

For those that wouldn't like that setup, if you're travelling to europe, or anywhere, don't you want to check it out? 
    Pearl Jam fans check a city out??? No way, they'd rather wait on the sidewalk in a GA line

Isn't that the truth! I'm in the small percentage that would actually check out the city. 
    I'm in that small percentage. saw the lineup in 2014 in St Paul and thought "fuck this, let's go exploring". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm going to go in another direction away from the Europe speculations, and go back to US for a moment. CalJam18 was announced yesterday.....do we think Pearl Jam would possibly play this festival? One thought is that they might not since they wouldn't be the headliners, obviously Foo Fighters would be. Any other thoughts on this?
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    Stupidly stood in the Wrigley merch queue two days before the gig at Metro. After half an hour I decided to stay then eventually was there four hours. Got everything I wanted so didn't need to queue again and met a lovely couple from Philly.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I'm going to go in another direction away from the Europe speculations, and go back to US for a moment. CalJam18 was announced yesterday.....do we think Pearl Jam would possibly play this festival? One thought is that they might not since they wouldn't be the headliners, obviously Foo Fighters would be. Any other thoughts on this?

Went this year and had a great time. Mostly went to see QOTSA and Japandroids and was pretty much front row for both. Well organized festival with a great vibe. Hotter than ballz at noon though.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I don't think PJ plays anything but as headliners, so no.
  • i cant believe that i ve been to italy so many times and at so many different cities and never been to rome!!
    What about this summer? It's a shame man..you have to come! 

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    Lot of talk on facebook of a wrigley show the day before the foo.  So it must be true....
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Stockholm '14, maybe waited 2 min after I picked up my tickets an hour before the show.  Oslo the next day there was no line, but I was in the GA line, and walked over to the merch table as they opened. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • I guess if these rumors are to be proved accurate , no Dublin gig in 2018!! 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    JB249845 said:
    I guess if these rumors are to be proved accurate , no Dublin gig in 2018!! 
    Been ruled out already
    Kearnsy
    i cant believe that i ve been to italy so many times and at so many different cities and never been to rome!!
    What about this summer? It's a shame man..you have to come! 

fuck yeah im coming!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Jimminez said:
    Stockholm '14, maybe waited 2 min after I picked up my tickets an hour before the show.  Oslo the next day there was no line, but I was in the GA line, and walked over to the merch table as they opened. 
    scandinavia is so easy at merch..i still didnt stop at merch even there was no line ..
    funny was both shows i got rail and walk in 15 min before show time
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622

Jimminez said:
    scandinavia is so easy at merch..i still didnt stop at merch even there was no line ..
    You got front row 15 minutes before Pearl Jam came on?
  • Kearn5y said:
    JB249845 said:
    I guess if these rumors are to be proved accurate , no Dublin gig in 2018!! 
    Been ruled out already
    Ah! so many comments couldn’t be arsed reading them all! 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    He's Dimi, the crowd parted as he walked to the front :hang_loose:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    I was on the rail for u2 last year after walking in about 15-20 minutes before  The show. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    yeah,,on the side..stone side..was so easy..peole are so cool in scandinavia when isnt death metal show..lol
    and got wine of eddie,handshake..and he laughed his ass with my shirt."why now u dont bitching??"
    he stop in the rail,looked at me,gave handshake..start laughing and said.."its you??hahha...fuck its you..!!"
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:

The far sides of the floor.  Great places to see the show.  Easy in and out for beer/bathroom runs.  Still very close to the stage, and at Oslo 2014 McCready leaned into the crowd right in front of us.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    yeah,,on the side..stone side..was so easy..peole are so cool in scandinavia when isnt death metal show..lol
    and got wine of eddie,handshake..and he laughed his ass with my shirt."why now u dont bitching??"
    he stop in the rail,looked at me,gave handshake..start laughing and said.."its you??hahha...fuck its you..!!"
    Awesome story!  
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:

The far sides of the floor.  Great places to see the show.  Easy in and out for beer/bathroom runs.  Still very close to the stage, and at Oslo 2014 McCready leaned into the crowd right in front of us.
    oslo side rail was awesomne,..we even have cold tap water next to the rail!!
  • PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    What did your shirt say?
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    We usually walk in 30-45 minutes before go time and I’m always about 2-4 people back from rail. Actually got rail in Greenville on stones side and we were only about 45 minutes early.  When we go to mikes side, we are usually about 4 people back.  Everyone crowds right in front of Ed. I also got Wine from Ed in Greenville. It was epic!!!
    adams145 said:
    PJNB said:

Jimminez said:
    What did your shirt say?
    ."why now u dont bitching??"

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    So these are the guys showing up late and weasling their way up front ;)
    DEGBTI said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    I don't think PJ plays anything but as headliners, so no.
    That's kind of what I was thinking as well, but I just wanted to throw it out there and see what everyone else thought.