*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Again, fuck Colangelo. 

Here's the whole thing: 

"What were your thoughts on the Sixers not picking up your option?

Okafor: “I was fine with that. I honestly didn’t want them to pick up my option. I’ve been going through a lot since I’ve been here, so the fact that I know that at the end of the season that I’ll at least have an opportunity to play elsewhere, that’s great. Now I’m just in a position to where, how can I get on the court? That’s not happening here and I want to play. And Bryan knows that, I’ve talked with him about it. And now it’s tough because my option didn’t get picked up. Teams are not really looking to give up anything when somebody can walk out of the door at the end of the season. So it puts me in a tough spot because I want to be on the court. This is my life, this is my career, and I’m not getting an opportunity here, which is fine. The team looks great and I’m not a part of that. They’re going to continue to do great things, but at the same time, I want to play.”

Are you hopeful that a buyout could come about?

“I’ve asked for a buyout. I talked to Bryan about that yesterday just because I want to play. … I know a buyout is one of the options where I get an opportunity to play elsewhere and to get on the court. Bryan didn’t think that would be a good idea because he said that he’d be giving me away to a team for free. That’s pretty much where we stand right now. I’m just worried about my career. I want to be on the court, that’s pretty much it.”

What was the turning point for wanting a buyout?

“Yesterday. I didn’t expect November 1st to hit, that I would be here. That’s why these past few weeks when we got asked the question about the rotation and stuff like that, I’ve been calm because I didn’t think I would still be here today. I didn’t think that Bryan would keep me honestly. But here I am, November 1st I’m still here and looking to play somewhere. I’m 21, I’m healthy, and I’m trying to get on the court.”

How soon would you like a buyout?

“As soon as possible. A buyout or a trade, a buyout isn’t the only option. I want to be on the court and that’s not happening here. It could be a buyout, it could be a trade, I just want something to happen rather quickly.”

What was the team’s reaction?

“I only talked about it with Bryan and he just said that he felt that if he bought me out, another team would be getting me for free. But that’s where we stand today, because he waited so long to trade me. There’s nothing else to do. I’m not playing here and at the end of this season, I’m an unrestricted free agent. I want to be on the court and play.”

Is it frustrating because you did everything the right way?

“Exactly.”

Nerlens took a different approach.

“It worked out for him.”

You were a trooper, and now you’re still here.

“I’ve tried to everything the right way, I’ve tried to be professional. I’m going to continue to be professional, but at some point, I have to defend myself. And this is my career, and I’m not sure he cares about that. I think that’s kind of evident at this point. I understand it’s a business, you’re going to do what’s best for the organization. But at some point as people, from a personal level, you would hope, ‘OK, let’s get Jah out of here.’ Let him go play somewhere, because I’m 21, I’m healthy, and I’m trying to get on the right path of my career.”

Do you feel there were deals they should’ve taken?

“Yeah, talking with my agent, there were definitely deals on the table. Bryan didn’t deem they were fair, which I understand, I’m a number three pick. But at the same time, that’s what teams were offering. Me and my agent started getting the hint that they weren’t going to offer more, so it’s rather that you’re going to make a move on it or not. And he waited too long, and now I’m here today. I’m not saying a trade is impossible, but I just know it’s going to be really difficult knowing that I’m an unrestricted free agent after the season.”

There was a logjam from the start. How did you envision it would work out?

“When I first got here, we weren’t the best team and it was just Nerlens and I. Joel wasn’t healthy, so I was on the court, I was playing. I really didn’t have any complaints, that’s all I wanted to do was just play. That’s why I made such drastic changes this summer just to get healthy and get to where I am today. But I’m not getting the opportunity to play. So when I first got here, I wasn’t really tripping because I was still playing.”

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    You think Okafur will get traded soon?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Apparently Bryan doesn't like any of the deals on the sole basis that he was the #3 overall pick.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Feel bad for Jah. I don't like his game but he seems like a good dude for the most part...

Traded the wrong guy last year. Fucking Nerlens ends up signing a one year deal in Dallas. Could really use him when Jo isn't on the court....and he'd be a much better fall back option than Jah should Jo get hurt again this year.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wholly Ben. Sometimes he passes up layups for kickout passes. I don't think he realizes how much of a monster he can be.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    edited November 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Wholly Ben. Sometimes he passes up layups for kickout passes. I don't think he realizes how much of a monster he can be.
    Once he realizes though? Whoa boy.....

They looked like a 50 win team last night. Didn't play their best game...got lackadaisical towards the middle and let the Hawks back in and even trailed by 8 at one point....then they just easily poured it on in the 4th. Good win and....a cover!

TRUST IT. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:

They looked like a 50 win team last night. Didn't play their best game...got lackadaisical towards the middle and let the Hawks back in and even trailed by 8 at one point....then they just easily poured it on in the 4th. Good win and....a cover!

TRUST IT. 
    almost had another triple double last night.  3 in a row now!  :smile:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    JK_Livin said:

TRUST IT. 
    You knew he was going to be good but so good this quickly...still without a consistent jumper? Good god almighty.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    JK_Livin said:

TRUST IT. 
    You knew he was going to be good but so good this quickly...still without a consistent jumper? Good god almighty.....
    I am fucking excited for Ben, Jugs. Best Aussie baller produced thus far.
    Every sports segment on the evening news has his highlights.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

^nice!

Lonzo's line last night: 28 minutes, 0 points, 4 assists, 3 rebounds.

HAHA

chinese-happy.jpg
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    These Lebron comparisons are unfair to him and only gonna lead to disappointment.  He's the real deal. Just let him be Ben Simmons.
    These Lebron comparisons are unfair to him and only gonna lead to disappointment.  He's the real deal. Just let him be Ben Simmons.

They're unfair to you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Love this team 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Not only has he performed so well so soon at NBA level but he has lost some of his Aussie accent and gotten an American accent so soon as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgYdgyq0NGo
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Career games needed to notch second triple double:
    Lebron 119
    Jason Kidd 69
    Michael 58

Ben Simmons 9
    chinese-happy.jpg
    And Ben’s jersey was ripped to shreds last night. Nike blows. Wish they would just go back to old school mesh jerseys and forget trying to make everything so form fitting. Looks shitty and apparently is shitty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Lebron 119
    Jason Kidd 69
    Michael 58

Ben Simmons 9
    impressive win last night. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Lebron 119
    Jason Kidd 69
    Michael 58

Ben Simmons 9
    impressive win last night. 
    They’re winning these games against teams with lesser talent where they can kind of sleep walk through them before stepping on the gas in the fourth quarter. We haven’t seen teams here do that since Iverson’s heyday. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Not only has he performed so well so soon at NBA level but he has lost some of his Aussie accent and gotten an American accent so soon as well...

Kids a BEAST. ONLY gonna get better too.

How long has he been in the USA? I know he went to High School in the USA for at least 3 years, before his 1 year at LSU.  If so, maybe he's been around the American accent for awhile , and that's why he lost some of his Aussie accent? Plus, is his dad American? Though, i don't care what he sounds like, as long as he keeps on playing good ball>LOL!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    this team is unreal.  anyone who was ever against the Process is a fucking moron.

Doing some things!  now just get fultz healthy so I don't have to watch TJ mcconnell anymore
    The Fixer said:
    this team is unreal.  anyone who was ever against the Process is a fucking moron.

Doing some things!  now just get fultz healthy so I don't have to watch TJ mcconnell anymore
    Wow. I thought you were a Process Truster.

McConnell is another inexpensive, bottom of the barrel, Hinkie GEM. I love him as this team’s back up point guard. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    The Fixer said:

McConnell is another inexpensive, bottom of the barrel, Hinkie GEM. I love him as this team’s back up point guard. 

Couldn't agree more on McConnell - He's the heart of this team at the moment and is loved by his team mates. Does he have limitations - absolutely, but his positives outweigh the negatives. Of coarse, once Fultz is fit, he be playing over TJ, but he's doing a good job so far this season.

Not that he is the same player, but he reminds me of Delly when he was at the Cavs -just a great team mate that others loved playing with.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    The Fixer said:

McConnell stinks. just because he is white doesn't mean he sucks any less.  let's not pretend his race doesn't play a part with people liking him.    Covington has been a much bigger steal and gem than McConnell.
    cutz said:

Kids a BEAST. ONLY gonna get better too.

How long has he been in the USA? I know he went to High School in the USA for at least 3 years, before his 1 year at LSU.  If so, maybe he's been around the American accent for awhile , and that's why he lost some of his Aussie accent? Plus, is his dad American? Though, i don't care what he sounds like, as long as he keeps on playing good ball>LOL!
    He's been in the USA since 2013.
    His dad played basketball here in Australia in the NBL.
    His mother is Australian.

At my local sports retailer today....
    A lot of #25 Simmons jerseys.
    I'm a Bulls fan but want one ($120 is too expensive for me right now)
    edited November 2017
    No Coder said:
    The Fixer said:

Couldn't agree more on McConnell - He's the heart of this team at the moment and is loved by his team mates. Does he have limitations - absolutely, but his positives outweigh the negatives. Of coarse, once Fultz is fit, he be playing over TJ, but he's doing a good job so far this season.

Not that he is the same player, but he reminds me of Delly when he was at the Cavs -just a great team mate that others loved playing with.

Yeah he'swhat you want in a backup point guard. Hinkie did a great job in putting them in position to land stars like Ben and Jo etc...but also in finding guys like TJ and others to round out the team....and of course Bret Brown deserves a ton of credit for developing these guys over the last few years. I love the defense you get from TJ off the bench—shot is improved a little bit too
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How can anyone complain about TJ? The guy plays hard and has improved his game, I don't care what color he is. If we find someone better then so be it. Praising TJ doesn't mean you're slighting Roco, he has played great and keeps getting better.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    How can anyone complain about TJ? The guy plays hard and has improved his game, I don't care what color he is. If we find someone better then so be it. Praising TJ doesn't mean you're slighting Roco, he has played great and keeps getting better.
    What does his color have to do with anything? And why would praising TJ mean slighting Cov? I don’t get it. Both mean so much to this team...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    What does his color have to do with anything? And why would praising TJ mean slighting Cov? I don’t get it. Both mean so much to this team...
    I was referring to a previous post that mentioned those 2 issues.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer