Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,945
    @dimitrispearljam can i have the slightest hope for a non-festival show in lisbon? or if lisbon gets one is always festival related?
  • Options
    Air23 said:
    martin810 said:
    2018... When and where in italy... ????? 
    Milano (festival), Padova, Roma

GOOD.... date?
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    nalyd61 said:
    Will we have to wait until the fall 2018 to see PJ in the US?
    unless 

are awe saying earlier in 2018? not Dec 17?
    no clue about this year,,didnt heard anything
    august or september 2018 shows at fenway/wrigley would probably be considered part of a "fall" tour, right?
    feels like some april/may 2018 US dates are coming...
  • Options
    Calgary gets a lot of love from the band.
    a lot? A lot is a stretch. they've stopped there a total of 2 more times than my neck of the woods. and one of them was a festival. 
    Well it will be Edmonton before Calgary when/if they come. We are due for a show here, and frankly Rogers Place is a wicked venue waiting for PJ. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    just_one said:
    @dimitrispearljam can i have the slightest hope for a non-festival show in lisbon? or if lisbon gets one is always festival related?
    Let´s pray 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    chiefnjk said:
    nalyd61 said:
    unless 

august or september 2018 shows at fenway/wrigley would probably be considered part of a "fall" tour, right?
    I thought Dimi said SA ---> Euro ---> NA 
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    we need more....hints
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    we need more....hints
    I think we should play hangman with Dimi to see if we can guess the cities and dates :) Hey Dimi, if you were hypothetically going to make another trip to the US in the fall, do you think you would rather travel to California or Boston? Hypothetically speaking of course. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,756
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:
    a lot of iceland talk/wishes... 

we stopped over in iceland before amsterdam 14, air iceland will let you layover as long as you want and they have cheaper fares from the northeast us.  i highly recommend that. 

we said if they ever play iceland we would definitely go.. they have a massive festival for the solstice, radiohead played it last year, IF pj plays iceland, would have to think thats when they do... which on a personal note sucks as thats my wifes birthday.... 
    There is no iceland in the tour
    Damn!  
    But I did save a bunch of money on ring insurance by PJ not going to Iceland....unless they ARE going to Ireland...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

we stopped over in iceland before amsterdam 14, air iceland will let you layover as long as you want and they have cheaper fares from the northeast us.  i highly recommend that. 

we said if they ever play iceland we would definitely go.. they have a massive festival for the solstice, radiohead played it last year, IF pj plays iceland, would have to think thats when they do... which on a personal note sucks as thats my wifes birthday.... 
    Damn!  
    But I did save a bunch of money on ring insurance by PJ not going to Iceland....unless they ARE going to Ireland...
    Just go to your nearest irish pub and pop the question!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    PJNB said:
    chiefnjk said:
    nalyd61 said:
    unless 

I thought Dimi said SA ---> Euro ---> NA 
    sounds like Dimi is saying, SA spring, Euro summer, something like Wrigley/Boston late summer, US Fall. And possibly something crazy in USA early 2018 as a bonus? Thats what I am getting from him so far.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    All this hype and excitement for how many non-festival shows? 8-10 maybe?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    my2hands said:
    8 to 10 more than in 2017
  • Options
    my2hands said:

• Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Return to Charlotte in 2018? Man, I really hope so..
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    Eddie mentioned at cork and dublin solo gig that it was too long since pearl jam played ireland and with his best bud glen in his ear i would be very surprised if Ireland is not included in the tour ..
  • Options
    joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 306
    With Petty, Green Day and Foo Fighters all playing shows in Champaign this year I could see Pearl Jam making a return there. 
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 350
    edited October 2017
    exile said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    nycrats said:

Damn!  
    Eddie mentioned at cork and dublin solo gig that it was too long since pearl jam played ireland and with his best bud glen in his ear i would be very surprised if Ireland is not included in the tour ..
    The band does not plan the tour. Managment and booking agent does. Musicians just say such things as "we will be back next year" to be polite. 
    And as far as I know the Euro tour was booked some time ago for June/July and Poland is on. 
    Post edited by Kusy on
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    retroretro Posts: 115
    mrk2 said:
    Is there anything other new and unusual compared to the usual dublin,london,amsterdam,arras,werchter,copenhagen,berlin, italy x 2 + festivals in spain and portugal?
    yes..and alot of the above countries,arent in the tour
    I was thinking that this tour may include more Southern Europe, Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia et al. Some festivals will be included you’d think. 

Oh yes switzerland and please more than one german Show. 
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    Someone is going to have to explain @dimitrispearljam bachelor gif reference. I'm clueless.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    pjpitt89 said:
    Someone is going to have to explain @dimitrispearljam bachelor gif reference. I'm clueless.
    My guess is that if he answered that question, this place would blow up with excitement
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    pjpitt89 said:
    Somebody earlier in the thread hypothesized that if PJ were to play the US in Sept, that would be about 2 years in between shows, and asked if that's the longest they have gone in between US shows.. Dimi said, "if i answer this, this place will explode"

It could mean that there is the likelihood it will not be two years in between shows and they are going to player earlier than the rumored Fall US tour.  Hawaii has been mentioned in this thread, and then deleted.  My guess is some warm-up shows in the US prior to European tour.
  • Options
    pjpitt89 said:
    Somebody earlier in the thread hypothesized that if PJ were to play the US in Sept, that would be about 2 years in between shows, and asked if that's the longest they have gone in between US shows.. Dimi said, "if i answer this, this place will explode"

It could mean that there is the likelihood it will not be two years in between shows and they are going to player earlier than the rumored Fall US tour.  Hawaii has been mentioned in this thread, and then deleted.  My guess is some warm-up shows in the US prior to European tour.
    He already said Europe before US though unless something changed. My guess is 4-6 ballpark shows in the summer before the fall tour. 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    PJNB said:
    pjpitt89 said:

He already said Europe before US though unless something changed. My guess is 4-6 ballpark shows in the summer before the fall tour. 
    You could be right.  Either scenario would put them ahead of the 2 year mark.

Either way, there is money to be saved and shows to look forward to!!!  No matter how cold the winter, there's spring/summer/fall shows ahead.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    joe159 said:
    With Petty, Green Day and Foo Fighters all playing shows in Champaign this year I could see Pearl Jam making a return there. 
    One of my all-time favorite shows.

"Kind of feel like a lion in a cage. Any Christians want to be eaten tonight?"

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    pj2018 tour makes me,,..

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I love how he gets info leaked to him and the band tells us nothing...
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    the Hawaii comment being deleted is interesting. Why would that be deleted and all these other comments allowed to stay? That along with dimi hinting this place "exploding". As exciting as wrigley and fenway announcement would be, this place wouldn't "explode". Sounds like a surprise is coming. We already know pretty much everything else as far as the 2018 tour. Something is looming that will surprise us all is what I am thinking. Hmmm
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532

Yeah, Wrigley is not going to move the needle anymore.  Three shows and DVD. 

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Did anyone take a screenshot of the Hawaii post that was taken down? I didn't see it.

Any chance PJ could be curating (and headlining) its own festival like Ed does for Ohana, FFs did for CalJam, etc. ?