RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• JK_Livin said:
    This continues to be in regular rotation in my house.

Where did you get that?
    I made it.
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited October 2017
    He made this one as well! Fine work and much appreciated.. 
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Arms out loud in your ✝️ Pose
  • steved said:
    He made this one as well! Fine work and much appreciated.. 

Thanks, Steve! I've made a few versions of the Philly version (the pink versions were a wife request). Unfortunately the tin cases don't seem to be available anymore.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    These look amazing! I did this for the 2000 and 2003 PJ tours when VCDs were a big thing. Great work. I may have to get a new printer and do this, those look fucking amazing.
  • Ive just walked 3 miles listening to chris in all of his many glorious forms. A playlist of all his projects and songs all mixed up. Im blown away everytime i hear him . His lyrics still make me sing out loud and feel so much emotion. 
    I keep feeling sad i will never see him live again. Always will be the best live show i ever saw.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Ive just walked 3 miles listening to chris in all of his many glorious forms. A playlist of all his projects and songs all mixed up. Im blown away everytime i hear him . His lyrics still make me sing out loud and feel so much emotion. 
    I keep feeling sad i will never see him live again. Always will be the best live show i ever saw.
    I still have a hard time listening. Was at Guns and Roses last week for their cover...a nice gesture, but completely reinforces how amazingly gifted he was.
  • RS65573 said:
    These look amazing! I did this for the 2000 and 2003 PJ tours when VCDs were a big thing. Great work. I may have to get a new printer and do this, those look fucking amazing.
    Thanks, I use an Epson XP-830 (inkjet). Does a damn fine job of printing inserts as well as printing directly on the disc. However, I don't use it for printing on glossy sticker labels like the ones I use for CD chipboard labels (see the TOTD cd's posted earlier). Those are done on a laser printer.
  • No one sings like you anymore.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Love you always Chris Cornell
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    I was just watching the San Fran show, and before they played Hungerstrike, Chris said that they were recording it.  I guess we'll have to see if anything ever comes out from the tour.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    He deserved a better final chapter 
  • He deserved a better final chapter 

I think in the meantime it's great to think about what a gift the Temple tour and Higher Truth are to everybody
  • There are some great full Higher Truth shows on Youtube to watch and listen to too
  • Here's the second last show of the Higher Truth tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bPT8BbEH9s&t=4614s

• I was so lucky to be able to see c.c again at the Albert hall. Ive never been to this iconic venue before. 
    I probably never will again . But he made it a night i will never forget. Higher truth speaks to me for sure. A genius .The best ever imho. I still listen daily....i feel like blowing up the outside world today
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• I was so lucky to be able to see c.c again at the Albert hall. Ive never been to this iconic venue before. 
    I probably never will again . But he made it a night i will never forget. Higher truth speaks to me for sure. A genius .The best ever imho. I still listen daily....i feel like blowing up the outside world today
    I had a bit of a crazy day too. I hear you bud. Higher Trurh is essential front to back. Dropped this guy off at the framer’s today tho which helped make the day better
  • Nice colours in that one. I managed to get a signed soundgarden poster i will treasure for ever snd met chris he signed my ticket. Cool guy. Oozed coolness
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Wow that’s awesome man
  • Its a great memory . I have a picture some where of chris holding my matt fuckin cameron t shirt up to the crowd. 
    He lent over and gestured to me to give him my t shirt so with out thinking I just pulled it off and threw it to him. He held it up and showed the crowd. I was standing there shirt less. I would never take my shirt off . Even on a hot day im too body concious. But there I was loving it. He then threw it back to me i couldn't believe what had happened. Luckily my friend took photos of the event if i can i will upload it. Magical
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• edited October 2017
    Sweet! Would be cool to see pics yea 
    Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited October 2017
    I have been able to enjoy watching and listening to Chris's music for a little while now after a deep sadness kept me from being able to enjoy it. Going back into the many memories over the years that he had gifted my wife and I through our many concert experiences and spending a little time speaking with him and meeting him has been more difficult. These past few posts have made me smile and think back to the many joyful times spent in different cities meeting people along the way and hearing so many songs for the first times that I never thought I would ever hear. There have been so many special moments along the way, but I will share a few of my favorites to hopefully express from my perspective how truly sincere and kind this man was to these fans.

At a solo show we went up to Milwaukee in April 2011. My wife had made a shirt with the name of the song she wanted to hear and threw it up to Chris from the rail. I was filming with the camera on the stage (which Chris was ok with) he played the request! Then later in the set we called out an additional song and said "hey C'mon where's my hat or shorts that's how this works!" He played the second request anyway! Neither were on the setlist.. Super Cool of him..  

the Next year in Miami he had not been playing "Say Hello" all leg of the tour, and we had just seen four shows in a row. We had shorts, hat, shirt ready for him.. He played Say Hello and Wooden Jesus for Us neither on the Setlist.. the guy loved his fans.. he was so personable... What is better than having a piece of music you want to hear more than anything, and having him play it when you have never heard it or haven't all tour. Just awesome!

The below show was on my 2 year sober anniversary (12 years next week God willing) and was a very special day for me. I attended with my wife and brother. We made two signs as requests. He played BOTH! He spoke to us for quite some time and said the band had not rehearsed "The Day I Tried To Live"  but they would give it a try and played a flawless version. They later played played "Pretty Noose" as well for us.. he then gave me his setlist. That was on the setlist and would have been played anyway but he made us feel as though it was for us. Lol

This was from PJ20.. as we heard the rumors of the TOTD reunion I had made this sign. I was third row both nights in front of Mike and each night he came out and smiled and pointed at it. A few years later spent a little time with him and he said "that's the sign from PJ20". He signed and personalized it to my wife and I along with a beautiful poster photo from that night I had and a Purple vinyl. He then asked if he could please have a copy of the photo / poster so he could frame it on his wall in his house. He said that was one of his favorite memories. We spoke that night just my wife and him for about twenty minutes about life and music.

When I had the opportunity to work on the Temple Bluray project for the record label. I would get reports back from him of my work editing the songs. That was super cool to know he was watching the work I was doing and the notes were always complimentary. 
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Excellent yes lets enjoy the good times here. The man was the greatest vocalist and one hell of a guitarist. All round great charity worker. I would love to hear your stories. ... how do i upload photos from my phone gallery?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Great stories, @Steved, thanks for sharing them!
  • Great stories Steve. I have a few too. 
    Right now the one that sticks out for me is I went up to Chris and his wife at a screening of PJ20 at the Toronto Film Festival which was immediately after the TOTD reunion at Alpine. I was clearly overexcited and told him he should take Temple on the road...5 years later and bam ;)

Chris was always so real and unafraid. Never had any trouble with all the request shouts at his solo shows and encouraged the noise...once he started playing the voice would shut everybody up anyway heh heh.

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Very nice @steved

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • And that is an awesome story about the TOTD sign at PJ20. For him to come out and see that sign must have helped him settle in to Temple mini sets both nights.