Options

**Edmonton Fanviews Here**

13»

Comments

• Options
    Finally, a week later of letting it all sink in, I'm still feeling the aftershocks. Everyone who asks me "how was it?"....I say "perfect".

Whatever you do, if you are from Edmonton or the Edmonton area and went to the show, don't go over to the Kitchener threads....apparently we are pansies and the Kitchener folks possibly concur....
    when I wait up and wake up, the answers are fatal

Oh, dear dad, can you see me now
    I am myself, like you somehow
    I'll wait up in the dark for you to speak to me
    I'll open up...Release me...
  • Options
    well, if being pansies allows us to hear "nothing as it seems", then i don't mind it one bit .
  • Options

People keep talking about how much better the Calgary crowd was, but they had quite a few advantages:
    -20 000 capacity in Calgary vs. 17 000 capacity in Edmonton
    -last party night of the last long weekend of summer vs. a work night after said weekend
    -no day of rest for the band (or us travelling fans) to give as much as they/we did in Calgary
    -RITFW vs. Fucking Up. for a Neil cover....not many people outside of the PJ community, and die hard NY fans know Fuckin' Up.

Edmonton's venue and accoustics made this show better IMO. The setlists were a toss up, and Calgary gets the edge on the crowd noise....but overall, I still think Edmonton takes the BOA :rolleyes: :D

quote]

Usually, though, when the band has a day off they put together a stronger show as they have a day off the next day...Still, this show is the weakest so far, that is of course next to Thunder Bay. Too bad for them. But, again, not because PJ didn't sound good or lack of crowd effort, just too short, too standard, and too limited by curfew. But as many state, any PJ show is a good show...Oh, and I can hardly stand NaiS, I must be the only one, though...
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    It was very comparable between the two and Ive listened to the boots.
    I think Eddie might have a swayed view on the show cause it appeared
    he might have drank too much the night before.:D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    Eddie can handle his booze. He's a wine and beer drinker from way back.
  • Options
    PJ rocked in Edmonton. I seen them a couple of years ago in Vancouver and believe me for Rexall they rocked. Why do you think that Eddy said "we didn't realize that we had so many friends here", they were overwhelmed with how popular they are here in Canada. I don't like when one City puts down another City as we are all from Canada as a whole but back to the review.

They were FANTASTIC. The only thing that would have made it better is if they would have played at the Commonwealth Stadium, they could have easily sold that place out too. PJ has lots of fans here in Edmonton, they sold Rexall out in record time - 15 mins. Its still nice in September re: weather.

When I seen them in Vancouver there was a lot of PJ apparel and I got this cool orange jacket that has yellow letters on it "PJ" but this time in Edmonton I got this gorgeous blue t-shirt with "Pearl Jam" on the front but I did not see any "PJ" apparel there. I hope they come back really soon & play for more than one night - 5 would be better. I just can't seem to get enough of their music & great show they put on. They really play for their audience.

This is the best website I have ever seen for a band. But of course, this is PJ doing this and they do everything with CLASS!

Stitchface wrote:
    I worte a review already but it did not work, and I am at work after 2 hours of sleep, I smell like second hand weed and my feet are unaturally sticky..... So I will do my best.

First the 10C tickets were incredible, I was Row 5 beside the stage (McCready) about 10 rows back, if you use the floor as a reference. My membership number is 348xxx In Calgary I was a good 5 rows back and 5 rows up.

Ok where to start? First, the crowd was not as in to it as they were in Calgary, but man was the band into it, I don't know if they were still on a high from Sunday night or what, but Eddie was the most animated I have seen him in years, if they had this energy in Calgary, the concert may be one of the greatest shows ever.

I liked the edmonton setlist more, but it was a little too short, some highlights include, Go (second song) ending the song with the Strobe Lights was great and the song sounded awesome.

The other highlight was Crazy Mary, somebody has already talked about it, and it sounds like Boom and Mike did something similar already ont his tour, but without a doubt that was one of the greatest performances of Crazy Mary that I have ever seen. Boom was thrashing his hair like the crazy hippie that he is..... kicking the air throwing up the "Hang Loose"

Edmonton was a great show and there is no doubt in my mind that PJ used the energy from Calgary to launch into this set, if the rest of the tour plays out the same way, people are in for a treat. People will hate on the setlists, because they want the rarities and what not, but in the end, not one person is going to leave one of these shows and say that wasn't great. They are going to leave and say "I wish they played_________" "But how fucking awesome was___________?"
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    ahhhhhhh....the last time i saw pearl jam...i miss seeing them live....wish i could go down to south american, especially chile for my birthday. eh well...just have to keep on listening to those beautiful boots....and dream of live pearl jam to come in 2006. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    hmmm...just noticed, seems all the rest of the canadian shows and SA shows are still *sticky*s, why not edmonton? :p eh, was the last time i saw pearl jam, my 11th show ever....had a blast, spent a few days in the city...great memories.

just a little *bump* for my last show of the tour. :D
    looking forward to 2006 tour! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    melmcmelmc Posts: 2
    Fanclub Number 196###

Row 5 Floor, far end on Eddie's left side, great view, lot better than I though it would be considering we were seats 43+44.

Awesome show, lots of energy, though enjoyed Vancouver the most beacuse of the setlist. Footsteps is my favorite song, which I heard them play for only the second time. RITFW was the highlight of the Calgary show for me, but in Edmonton I was with a friend who had never seen PJ before, so the whole event was really more exciting. I told her I hoped we'd be row 20 or better, so needless to say she was so thrilled to be close!

I caught the last tambourine Eddie threw into to crowd during the encore, and it does not even have a scratch on it. (well Ed tried to throw it to the people on the left side stands, it fell short, bounced off the stands and almost right to me!)

Anyhow, hope you all had a killer time, and enjoying seeing a fantastic band at the top of their game. see the review in the Edmonton Journal......

I was in section 136 row 1, seats 1-6 (me and some friends) and we would have caught that tambourine had my buddies girlfriend been paying attention!! (Advice: never take a non die hard fan over hard core fans, even if she is your friends girlfriend!!)

Best night of my life! I had an AMAZING time!!
  • Options
    had 4 row on mikes side....he gave my girlfriend and i the nod and waved during the jeremy solo.......yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18