**Edmonton Fanviews Here**

Comments

• Wow, what an amazing show!!! It was like a dream come true for me. I was introduced to P J almost 10 years ago and this is the first concert I have been able to attend.

We were sitting on the back corner of the stage, first row and only about 10 feet away from the stage!

When they came out for the second encore Eddie came to the back corner where we were, and he looked right at me and gave me a bit of a smile and nod and then threw me his tambourine! I caught it and looked over to my husband as if to say did that really happen? Am I dreaming? Even this morning when I woke up I had to make sure that it wasn't all a dream!

UNBELIEVABLE!!! AWESOME!!!! A TOTAL DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

I remember you! I was first row too! right infront of McCready, what a great show eh.. nice tamborine bitch..hahah kidding.. ;) I got a guitar pick from McCready!! wooo hooo rock on girl friend, enjoy your new toy. :)
  • Stone had the Plaid pants on.

Stone was wearing his plaid pants??? :););)
  • ...it's now more than 36 hours since I saw the two single greatest performances EVER by a band and my voice is still completely shot. There is not enough steam to breath or honey laced tea to drink in the world that is going to bring back this voice any time soon... and worst of all I have to expalin to my morning show listeners that they may never have the experience that I have because they listen to a different genre of music (Country).... their loss...

The comparisons of crowds is no contest in my opinion... Calgary was more into it right from the start... I have NEVER seen a crowd THAT excited. With that being said though Edmontons fans certainly held their own and were pretty jacked up too.

The music was unbelieveable in both places... hearing Jeremy (which from what I have read is almost a rarity on it's own) in Edmonton was unbelievable... the set lists for both nights covered pretty much all of my favorites so there was no dissapointment for me that way.

I saw them 11 years ago in the Shaw Conference centre and they were my very first band seen live... I swore then that I would see them in every show that came back... of course after 11 years I thought it would never happen... but DAMN.... when they DID come back... they made it well worth the wait.

There's just one thing left to do before I die.... see them from the front row (or at least close to it)

OUtside the weekends I married my wife and saw the birth of my daughter... this was the GREATEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE.

Thanks Pearl Jam....

Cheers,

R3
    ...can't touch the bottom....
  • So far been to Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton....Calgary still is tops...Edmonton could have been great if the crowd was better....nothing compared to Calgary's crowd..can I say 10C seats section 108 anyone In Calgary...the most rockign section in the Dome...loved Edmontons set-list though...the show itself was shorter than Calgary/Vancouver..but overall good
  • .nothing compared to Calgary's crowd..can I say 10C seats section 108 anyone In Calgary...the most rockign section in the Dome..

Definitly a great section!! That's where my high 10C number landed me and I couldn't have been happier with the seats, the people around me in the seats and the whole damn show itself.

Wish I could've gotten to Van. and Edmonton as well but it just wasn't in the cards.
  • sherpahigh wrote:
    Definitly a great section!! That's where my high 10C number landed me and I couldn't have been happier with the seats, the people around me in the seats and the whole damn show itself.

Wish I could've gotten to Van. and Edmonton as well but it just wasn't in the cards.

What row sherpa I was 5th row rocking out...incredible seats...had 14th row floor in Edmonton...would take the side anyday over those....our section was completly rocking out....
  • What row sherpa I was 5th row rocking out...incredible seats...had 14th row floor in Edmonton...would take the side anyday over those....our section was completly rocking out....

I was a few up from you in row 10. The whole section seemed to be going off though. Really cool to see in Calgary.
  • sherpahigh wrote:
    I was a few up from you in row 10. The whole section seemed to be going off though. Really cool to see in Calgary.

My friend in the uppder deck opposite side...said our section was going insane....said from his view the best place to be in the house for energy...
  • My friend in the uppder deck opposite side...said our section was going insane....said from his view the best place to be in the house for energy...

Thats awesome, I was in Section 108 also for Calgary Row 10. Edmonton, I was in the equivalent section 120 (I think) and Row 5. Doesn't get much better than that in my mind. I had no idea our section was that rocking, mind you I am suffering from whiplash and a sore leg from my constant leg kicks and head rocking.
  • Stitchface wrote:
    Thats awesome, I was in Section 108 also for Calgary Row 10. Edmonton, I was in the equivalent section 120 (I think) and Row 5. Doesn't get much better than that in my mind. I had no idea our section was that rocking, mind you I am suffering from whiplash and a sore leg from my constant leg kicks and head rocking.

My neck was ruined after Calgary, voice was gone, left knee bruised, and my right shin cut up...yeah I was rocking out...my friend said the section was just insane....had 14th row in Edm. rather have had the side stage....
  • http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/images/cc/05/setlist_2005-09-05.jpg

Why did the cut the setlist a little short...Wash and Light Years would have made that concert somuch better althoguh it was already really good...Crazy Mary was incredible in Edmonton....
  • http://www.twofeetthick.com/style/images/cc/05/setlist_2005-09-05.jpg

Why did the cut the setlist a little short...Wash and Light Years would have made that concert somuch better althoguh it was already really good...Crazy Mary was incredible in Edmonton....

Holy Shit!! I would kill to hear Wash! Hopefully it'll make the actual set at one of these shows. Maybe tonight in toon town. Open with Wash!! That'd be cool.
  • KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    Kat wrote:
    Were you there?

Release, Go, Save You, Spin The Black Circle, Nothing As it Seems

seriously thank you Pearl jam. A warm up, great workout then a cool down fucking AWESOME. good show and Im still recovering from an out of control weekend.. Never thought I would hear NAIS, GO and STBC in the same set so soon.. *thank you*

Ok another PJ lovefest this time in row 2 in front of jeff *heart* and mike!!

Booms Organ - HELL YEAH ANOTHER SHOW! hahahah seriously did i jump on you when they pointed us to the "other side"? hahah sorry. Can you ask Boom what conditioner he uses for the big fuzzy hair? lol. I need some! CRAZY MARY WITH THE BOOM & MIKE SHOWDOWN! HELLLLL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok to the 2 brothers from Denver???? (we had a hugfest in Calgary) - HOLY FUCKING SHIT. ANYONE THAT FLIES FROM THE MIDDLE EAST TO SEE PEARL JAM IS FUCKING OC!! I LOVE IT!! AND SERIOUSLY THANK YOUR BRO FOR SENDING YOU THAT EMAIL!! HELLL YEAH! (told ya I'd post) You guys were great and it was nice to sit next to you again and rock out.. Sorry if I jumped on you or kept um hitting you.. ahha Ok yeah didja notice the ghettobooty on Ament? :p damn its just lovely and he ROCKS so hard.... (just kidding but seriously lets show some bassplayer love. He does rock hard and dammit he adds some funkay style)<haha>

Lydia- DAMN I didnt get a picture of you and lil vinny d!! :( oh well next time. and HELLO PLAID PANTS ANYONE!!!!???? :D:D ahahha the Jeff SOX! hehehehe!! MIKE WAS ON FIYAH! Did I send enough text messages? teehee hee!!! :D

Canada- YOU GUYS ROCK. SERIOUSLY EDMONTON, CALGARY AND VANCOUVER WERE SOME OF THE LOUDEST SHOWS IVE EVER BEEN TOO. KEEP IT UP! YOU GUYS FUCKING ROCK!!!! :D
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • I don't know what to say that's already been said but I went to both the Calgary and Edmonton shows, and both were just amazing. I liked the Edmonton show a bit better because Pearl Jam played more of the songs I was hoping to hear (especially WishList!) but I think the Calgary fans had more energy and definately more volume!
    I was really pleased with my seats, the Ten Club definately pulled through for me. In Calgary I was Section 108 row 7, and Edmonton I was freaking thrilled with being section 120 row 2.
    One thing I gotta give props to Edmonton for are the men. I have never seen so many good looking guys in 26 hours!
  • Hey, my wife & I were in Sect 108 for Cgy as well. Row 2. Awsome seats and a rockin' section.

Had 14th row floor for Edm show. Highlight was Boom vs Mike solos...blew me away. Hearing Jeremy was cool too, they haven't busted out the orig. version of that much in years past. I also managed a bunch of cool pictures.

Overall, I prefered the Cgy show but that's just me. Edm sound was far better (man, does the sound in the Dome blow) and louder too I thought.

Looking forward to Sask tonite...off to grab a flight in 25 minutes!
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    (I figured I'd post this in the edmonton thread becasue that's were I am now.) weren't they unreal? I don't know which one I liked better becasue they both kind of bled together in that it was like calgary was the first act the drive up to edmonton was the intermision and starting at the stonehouse preparty was the second act. I think the fact that they were back to back made both so much better, I was surprised they did so many "hits" but it was cool to hear even flow and save you back to back nights. so much fun met someone from Dallas and we agreed to send each other music (me cool canadian bands like death from above, rheostatics, and the arcade fire etc., him some cool southen rock I guess) and I ended up going with him in edmonton becasue he had an extra ticket. exceededd all expectations and I think I made a convert out of at least a few of my friends who saw the show, even the edmonton sun music guy who for all intensive purposes has his head up his ass said it was a great show. all in all the best way ever to end such a pitifull horrible summer.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • so i've looked at the other setlists, and i'm actually really happy with this edmonton show... i saw PJ in 98 (barrie, ontario), and at that show they played almost all of my favourites... rvm, black, immortality, state of love and trust, i got shit, so.. missing those songs at this concert for me wasn't a big deal.... and i DID get fuckin' up, NOTHING AS IT SEEMS, crazy mary, porch, release, and sad, aside from all the other awesome songs... listening to it over and over again... pearl jam is such a good live band... it makes me so happy that they're still around making good music and playing awesome shows.. but... i feel like an idiot for not going down to calgary.. i totally should have gone... maybe i'll get another chance.. .and hey, i still don't know very many people (personally) who have seen pj twice.

umm... my overall point? just adding my opinion that the edmonton show was amazing... one of the best shows i've been to in the last couple of years.

edit: just wanted to add that (to make my first point more clear) browsing the setlists, i probably would have picked edmonton if i could have only one setlist to see live, so that's it... best setlist of the tour so far (for me personally), even though it is a little shortER (but come on, 23 songs is hardly short)... especially because of nothing as it seems.... what a show.. what a show..
  • How did the sound level of Boom come out on the bootleg compared to the others??
    Hopefully LOUDER!!
  • well, i haven't bought the other boots (yet - might later), but boom isn't too loud... you can hardly hear him except in the crazy mary solo. this is exactly how it was at the actual show. i strained to hear him, and that was with earplugs.
  • small fyi - when i finally return home this weekend, i am presently still enjoying my stay in edmonton...i have completely KICKASS pics to post from this show!!! :cool: seriously great stuff. i have some good pics from every show - the gorge thru edmonton - but by far, i took the BEST pics from the third row in edmonton. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    im still wasted.....i was the asshole in the 5th row on the floor who kept standing on his seat until a security guy punched me in the side to get down, omg what an amazing fucking show, almost as good as Calgarys...so tired
  • yield6 wrote:
    im still wasted.....i was the asshole in the 5th row on the floor who kept standing on his seat until a security guy punched me in the side to get down, omg what an amazing fucking show, almost as good as Calgarys...so tired

I think I was right behind you, but I could see around you so I didn't care one bit. I was caught up in the moment, for sure.

Everybody's said good stuff about the show, all I can really add is that I've haven't seen or heard a version of Crazy Mary that good, ever.
    When one does not see what one does not see, one does not even see that one is blind. -Paul Veyne
  • small fyi - when i finally return home this weekend, i am presently still enjoying my stay in edmonton...i have completely KICKASS pics to post from this show!!! :cool: seriously great stuff. i have some good pics from every show - the gorge thru edmonton - but by far, i took the BEST pics from the third row in edmonton. :D

Hey there! Wish I had of came with you and your buddy on the train downtown to party... had noone to go with :( the girl I was with didn't want to meet anyone or go out.. shitty.. but maybe next time.. when you were asking me for directions to the Train.. I was dying inside to just run after you guys and never look back. haha.. glad you had a good time.
    the Starlight room is great for tunes and atmosphere..as is New City..
  • NoleeNolee Saskatchewan, Canada Posts: 66
    edited September 2011
    It was a loooooong wait to see these guys again, but what a show... It was like I had been thrown into a weird time warp where 12 years just suddenly melted away and I was 17 and seeing Pearl Jam again - I am so wishing now that I had had the cash to catch the Calgary show as well. Elderly Woman actually brought tears to my eyes when he sang the "my god it's been so long" line...

To the two guys who switched tickets with me so they could be on Mike's side of the stage - thank you so much - I had an awesome view of Stone, Boom and Ed from the 4th row!

I was right in front of the gentleman who got the last tambourine - you lucky devil, I was envious.

To the guy from Lethbridge who sat next to me - sorry I didn't actually get around to introducing myself, I was a little overwhelmed :O)

Here's to hoping this tour brings them back to Canada again soon!!!
    Post edited by Nolee on
    ~ Gimli, MB "Mudfest" 1993
    ~ Edmonton, AB 2005
    ~ Winnipeg, MB 2011
  • hey im the girl with the I GOT SHIT sign...they played it in 'toon....what agreat night....anyhow sorry to those who i blocked views for a few momnets..im really short so i dont get to really watch the whole show...thanks for your patience and not killing me!!!! i woudl hav said thank you aftewords....but i had to take a few moments to take it all in...
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Were you guys in our row???
    I didnt even see you.
    We were seats 13-14.
    We had a thank you sign too but were not assholes(JK):)
    Still cant belive its over.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • um........AMAZING!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • my last show of the tour...not my fave setlist, but it is ALWAYS great b/c it's pearl jam....sharing the music with great friends, some for the first time....and my best seats, EVER, thank you bluesaffron for 3rd row stone's side....made it all one of THE most special evenings and concerts in my life. :)

makes me want to live there...and see pj there over and over. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• greatest concert of my life, met a few people from the board. Had a great time at the Stonehouse and won two extra tickets in the gold section, was able to take one of my best friends and the ex girlfrield.
    Still cant really even comprehend that I saw them. Had ninth row tix on the floor right in front of Eddie.
    I shall see them again....maybe in NY in the spring?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • greatest concert of my life, met a few people from the board. Had a great time at the Stonehouse and won two extra tickets in the gold section, was able to take one of my best friends and the ex girlfrield.
    Still cant really even comprehend that I saw them. Had ninth row tix on the floor right in front of Eddie.
    I shall see them again....maybe in NY in the spring?

hey Cree, sorry I didn't get to meet you.. I was sitting at the far booth under the T.V.. hadn't been to Edmonton in a few months.. since I moved so was sitting with old friends and some new jammers chatting away. Would love to meet up sometime in the future tho... I just bought a cool C.D. Northern Cree the Sweethearts Shuffle.. Round Dance songs.. I bet you'd love it.
    Great Edmonton show eh.. I was front row in front of Mike.. never been in the front before.. it was amazing.. I was in awe.. barely danced at all.. I bet I had the deer in the headlights look.