Concerts You Had Tickets To But Didn't Attend

2»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited August 2017
    Tibet 98.  Best festival lineup ever.  (PJ, radiohead, chili peppers, Beastie Boys, REM, beck, dave matthews, etc).

My ride bailed last minute.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    PJ
    Limelight  '92
    Penn State 03
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • The Dead Weather.  Milwaukee 2010.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Temple of the Dog... both nights for Philly. I had an exam that a professor wouldn't work with me on for taking it early or late. Would have been quite the drive and I needed that day to travel. 

Still pissed that I missed them.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Soul asylum/ Meat puppets. Had won free tix, but it rained and flooded real bad on our side of town. Couldn't make it to venue.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Tibet 98.  Best festival lineup ever.  (PJ, radiohead, chili peppers, Beastie Boys, REM, beck, dave matthews, etc).

My ride bailed last minute.  

I was there.  Great show...though the rain really screwed things up.  No Beck and shortened sets by PJ, RHCP etc.  This was Fruscientes first show back though.  PJ cut their set short so RHCP could play a few songs.  They used PJ's gear.

I had tickets to see both Blind Melon and Nirvana in late 1993.  Had to miss both because I was a high school freshman and didn't have a ride.  bummer

“I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Beck- St. Louis 2000, Midnite Vultures tour

Road trip freshman year of college.  Stopped in my hometown to pick more friends up and just got snowed in by a horrible blizzard, could not make it. Never did get a chance to see Beck live.  One friend that drove straight through by himself loved the show though and certainly rubbed it in to us.

Black Crowes- Chicago Theatre 2010

I won free tickets for this one, I think it was their acoustic and electric set tour.  Had a very very minor outpatient surgical procedure a couple days before that I didn't think would stop me from going.  Day of I just didn't feel well enough yet so couldn't go last minute.

Concert gods sometimes even luck out- another near miss was the only time I saw The Rolling Stones in 2003 at Comiskey in Chicago.  Leaving from college again, I had let a buddy borrow my car to go back home.  Which was not good when our friend who was driving bailed last minute on the concert due to work, last second scramble to borrow a car successfully. That was one I would have been super bummed to miss!

No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Social Distortion. Right now.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    edited August 2017
    DewieCox said:
    White Stripes Chicago 2007
    Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes
    ouch on the last one. 
    I like your songs. P.B., a lot!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:
    DewieCox said:
    White Stripes Chicago 2007
    Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes
    ouch on the last one. 
    I like your songs. P.B., a lot!
    thanks!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited August 2017

Pearl Jam- July 4th,1995 New Orleans, LA- the food poison tour (later rescheduled for Sept 1995)

Smashing Pumpkins 1996 Lafayette, LA- keyboardist died and show postponed

Green Day 1996 Birmingham, AL- cancelled for some reason, probably due to low ticket sales

Iggy Pop- 1997 Atlanta, GA- my aunt died and funeral was on the date of the show.

The Promise Ring 1999 Atlanta, GA- decided it wasn't worth the drive to see a emo band

Janes Addiction 2001 Charlotte, NC- was in the hospital with a bleeding ulcer (really wanted to see this show)

Queens of the Stone Age w/Dave Grohl 2002 Atlanta, GA - got drunk hanging out with old friends in the ATL.  and got to the show just as it was ending. Probably the worst feeling that I have ever had. fuckers started early because it was Memorial Day and all ages show.

Lollapalooza 2004- Atlanta, GA- whole tour called off for low ticket sales

Jeff Mangum 2010- Ashbury Park, NJ- bought tix right when they went on sale for his first show back from wherever he had been hiding, but he later added dates closer to my home

Ed Vedder 2012- Jacksonville, FL- postponed and then rescheduled a month before my daughter was born

Pearl Jam 2016- Raleigh, NC- you all know this story well

there are probably a few more that I am forgetting right now.

Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2