psst....7/10/17

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Looking forward to the remix.  The broadcast copy is too thin for some things and too loud and tin-like for Ed
  • GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,507
    benjs said:
    demetrios said:
    Holy shit!!! Standard International Shipping  $43.99 US to Canada?
    The sad part is, I said that exact same thing to myself... then I bought it :( 
    Samesies.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    While my true wish was for Vault 7 to be a post-2002 show, this is pretty sweet because now I can take the original minty promo one off my "vinyl I need" list. And that's great, because it was too hard to find the real deal, and even if I did, it would be too expensive..... Even more expensive than Vault 7 is, with it's $48 USD intl shipping. :tired_face:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    PJ_Soul said:
    While my true wish was for Vault 7 to be a post-2002 show, this is pretty sweet because now I can take the original minty promo one off my "vinyl I need" list. And that's great, because it was too hard to find the real deal, and even if I did, it would be too expensive..... Even more expensive than Vault 7 is, with it's $48 USD intl shipping. :tired_face:
    Yah I paid $225cdn + shipping for my promo copy a few years ago.   It was a legit copy and luckily it was sold by vintage vinyl directly on ebay.   It was a pretty good price I though, but now that there will be a legit version that doesn't sound like shit, I imagine the values of the promo vinyl will drop.

• drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I'm kind of on the fence with this one. One of my favorite boots to listen to, but I tend to listen to live recordings top to bottom, in order, to get the closest listening experience to that show and setlist. Getting incomplete/re-ordered recordings takes away from that. However, in this case, having the existing multi-track recordings remixed and remastered for vinyl might just sway me this time to get it. I guess I have a couple of months to ponder it at least...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    The postage on all these things is ridiculous
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    SK203708 said:
    So are the digital tracks not included on the vinyl remixed and remastered as well?

The question is, will the vinyl-tracks be included in the digital dl or will we get 3/4 on vinyl and 1/4 as digital dl - that's how I'm reading it and that would mean no complete show whatsoever if one is buying vinyl-only. Hope I'm wrong.

9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • mcwyffemcwyffe Posts: 78
    So lame that they aren't releasing the last lp because it isn't multitrack. 
    edited July 2017
    pjpitt89 said:
    SK203708 said:
    So are the digital tracks not included on the vinyl remixed and remastered as well?

The question is, will the vinyl-tracks be included in the digital dl or will we get 3/4 on vinyl and 1/4 as digital dl - that's how I'm reading it and that would mean no complete show whatsoever if one is buying vinyl-only. Hope I'm wrong.

When I ordered it, I read it to mean that the digitally sourced tracks would be incorporated into the complete album. But now that I go back and read it again, it is clear that they will be separate from the vinyl and only digital ... Actually, I could have sworn the wording was much different when I first read it at 10am and ordered. Before, the description went on about how it's now a 3LP album, blah blah, and it definitely seemed to say that the digital tracks would be on the vinyl. It actually made a point of advertising it as such I thought. But now they took all that out of the description and now it's pretty clear that that isn't the case. Bummer (and weird). I would have really liked for those songs to be incorporated. It would have made the album unique compared to the promo version.... of course, I don't know how shitty they would have sounded mixed in with the rest of the show. Perhaps it would sound so ridiculous that this was the best decision.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Can someone give me a sense on how "essential" this release is for someone who loves boots and vinyl but doesn't have any PJ live on vinyl? This is a big price tag and I've always wanted a PJ bootleg on vinyl, but I want to make sure this is going to sound amazing and that this was a classic show. Sorry for the newbie question. :)
    edited July 2017
    Can someone give me a sense on how "essential" this release is for someone who loves boots and vinyl but doesn't have any PJ live on vinyl? This is a big price tag and I've always wanted a PJ bootleg on vinyl, but I want to make sure this is going to sound amazing and that this was a classic show. Sorry for the newbie question. :)
    There's an argument to be had that Soldier Field might be the finest show they ever played.  Top 5 show for sure (well maybe top 10 if we all start arguing).    It's a pretty legendary show. 

It's a shame it's incomplete, but I imagine it's going to sound pretty good.  While I understand the "missing" tracks weren't of the same calibur in terms of audio quality, I would of preferred they spliced them in there to create a full chronological copy of the show.

I'll still buy it, because you kind of have to, so you can continue to own all the pearl jam records :)   I'm sure I'll spin it from time to time, but I'll probably be more prone to listening to the completed digital version (which I hope they put in sequential order).
    Post edited by Zod on
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I agree with Zod and everyone else what a joke it's not the full show. What a turn off! Boooooooooo!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    So... 
    It's the right decision to not put the non-multi track songs on vinyl.  Having songs on same wax that are sourced from two different places would have been a terrible decision.  It would have killed the mojo of the whole record.
    However...
    That's a good decision that is on follows a bad one in my opinion.  Why are they choosing Soldier Field when it is an incomplete source?  I guess you could argue because it's a classic show, but so is Randal's Island and lots of other shows.  The cynic in me says they are trying to take down the bootlegging of vinyl that has started with their shows.  Unfortunately that's an unwinnable battle.  They will forever be chasing the bootleggers, much different than just releasing digital.  
  • AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Inexcusable not to press a separate record for the encores. All it takes is a disclaimer that the source is digital and you've got your bases covered for anyone who feels threatened they may have received an inferior product. You have to offer people the entire show digitally for free if they buy the wax. It's the right thing to do so they can listen to the whole show in one place--this shouldn't be like trying to listen to some silly Flaming Lips record.

(The alternative is finding those files elsewhere, I suppose.) Sure, I already have had the show complete in myriad formats for longer than many fans here have listened to the band, but it's time they actually put the fans' perspective into their decisions to exclude content from one medium over another.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    mrussel1 said:
    So... 
    It's the right decision to not put the non-multi track songs on vinyl.  Having songs on same wax that are sourced from two different places would have been a terrible decision.  It would have killed the mojo of the whole record.
    However...
    That's a good decision that is on follows a bad one in my opinion.  Why are they choosing Soldier Field when it is an incomplete source?  I guess you could argue because it's a classic show, but so is Randal's Island and lots of other shows.  The cynic in me says they are trying to take down the bootlegging of vinyl that has started with their shows.  Unfortunately that's an unwinnable battle.  They will forever be chasing the bootleggers, much different than just releasing digital.  
    I swear, the day they release Randall's Island on LP, I'll buy three copies without batting a lash.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Any idea when the download or cd will be in the shop? 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    So... 
    However...
    I swear, the day they release Randall's Island on LP, I'll buy three copies without batting a lash.
    Me too... Love those shows.  
    edited July 2017
    What's throwing me off is the fact that the description changed dramatically AFTER it was available for purchase. I mean, I would have bought it either way, but that whole part about how there are a ton of boots out there so they are releasing this, and how the missing tracks would be included on the vinyl was the most important part of the item description! I read it and immediately went and purchased it. Then an hour later I come back to find that all of that info was incorrect and deleted. As I say, I would have bought it anyway, since I'm not about to have an incomplete Vault series (besides 1 and 2, AHEM!! ;) ), but nevertheless, I feel disappointed that the complete show on vinyl was "cancelled" like that after I got excited about it and ordered. I guess there was some miscommunication at 10C or whatever. :frowning:  Ooohhh weeellll. (I wonder why they took out the part about the illegal boot problem? I enjoyed that they mentioned that issue, and that they are being open about it!).
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The reality is that many of these old shows are probably incomplete just like Soldier Field and we may only be able to get partially complete shows, so what's better, a partial excellent mixed bootleg or nothing at all? It seems we have gotten a bit greedy. I'm bummed the whole show isn't available for the LP, but excited they are finally making this one official. This and Australia get the most playing from 95 for me besides the end of the tour US dates that are pretty good quality. I'm curious to hear how much difference there will be since I actually thought the bootleg out there sounds pretty damn good, especially with all the crowd noise.

There's a pretty good chance most of these old shows will be missing tracks, so anyone wishing for Randal's, Indio, Oakland or whatever may be disappointed unless we change our view on what we get.

As for shipping prices, sorry to all those in the international zones. That really sucks.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Not gonna complain.  Its a new Vault!!!!!

:triumph:
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJ_Soul said:
    What's throwing me off is the fact that the description changed dramatically AFTER it was available for purchase. I mean, I would have bought it either way, but that whole part about how there are a ton of boots out there so they are releasing this, and how the missing tracks would be included on the vinyl was the most important part of the item description! I read it and immediately went and purchased it. Then an hour later I come back to find that all of that info was incorrect and deleted. As I say, I would have bought it anyway, since I'm not about to have an incomplete Vault series (besides 1 and 2, AHEM!! ;) ), but nevertheless, I feel disappointed that the complete show on vinyl was "cancelled" like that after I got excited about it and ordered. I guess there was some miscommunication at 10C or whatever. :frowning:  Ooohhh weeellll. (I wonder why they took out the part about the illegal boot problem? I enjoyed that they mentioned that issue, and that they are being open about it!).
    Interesting to hear about this. Have you contacted anyone for clarification? I would have been a bit pissed if it had stated they were going to be on vinyl and then later that was changed after I ordered.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    Yeah great show and all, (literal) bootleg CD widely circulated already... yada yada..  but for fu*k's sake give us Wrigley already!
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Interesting to hear about this. Have you contacted anyone for clarification? I would have been a bit pissed if it had stated they were going to be on vinyl and then later that was changed after I ordered.
    I bought it just after it went live, and the description now is the same as when I bough it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited July 2017
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, I haven't contacted anyone... I'm thinking maybe Santos might read this thread, since it's his, so perhaps he'll say something, but I doubt it. Either way, yes, it's disappointing to get excited about something and then find out later it's been taken away/never existed, but since I have no intention of cancelling the order, and since I would have ordered it if they'd never said any of that in the first place, I figure contacting 10C and complaining or asking for clarification directly would be pretty pointless. It is now extremely clear that the extra tracks won't be on the vinyl after all. They obviously know they posted incorrect info, which is why they removed it. It's just an "OOPS" moment I guess.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Damn, just saw that cd/digital won't be available until the vinyl ships. Didn't see that initially. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    tbergs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I bought it just after it went live, and the description now is the same as when I bough it. 
    Yep. It's exactly the same as it was when I read it after it first went up. 
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • wecrazybobwecrazybob Posts: 1,027
    Can any one clarify EXACTLY which tracks will NOT be on the vinyl?
    Toledo, Oh 09-22-96, Chicago, Illinois 06-29-98, Portland, Oregon 07-18-98, Vancouver, British Columbia 07-19-98, Seattle 07-21-98, Seattle 07-22-98, Noblesville, Indiana 08-17-98, East Lansing, Michigan 08-18-98, Barrie, Ontario 08-22-98, Auburn Hills, Michigan 08-23-98, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08-25-98, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 08-26-98, Camden, Camden, New Jersey 08-28-98 Camden, New Jersey 08-29-98,Knoxville, Tennessee 09-06-98, Columbia, Maryland 09-18-98,Mountain View, California 10-30-99,Mountain View, California 10-31-99, Virginia Beach, Virginia 08-03-00,Charlotte, North Carolina 08-04-00,Greensboro, North Carolina 08-06-00, Atlanta, Georgia 08-07-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-09-00,West Palm Beach, Florida 08-10-00,Tampa, Florida 08-12-00,New Orleans, Louisiana 08-14-00,Memphis, Tennessee 08-15-00,Nashville, Tennessee 08-17-00, Noblesville, Indiana 08-18-00,Cincinnati, Ohio 08-20-00,Columbus, Ohio 08-21-00, Wantagh, New York 08-23-00, Wantagh, New York 08-24-00,Wantagh, New York 08-25-00, Saratoga Springs, New York 08-27-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-29-00,Mansfield, Massachusetts 08-30-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-01-00,Camden, New Jersey 09-02-00,Columbia, Maryland 09-04-00,Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 09-05-00,Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-00, East Troy, Wisconsin 10-08-00,Chicago, Illinois 10-09-00,Cleveland, Ohio 04-25-03,Columbus, Ohio 06-24-03,Kitchener, ON 09-11-05, London, ON 9-12-05,Hamilton, ON 9-13-05,Cincinnati, Ohio 06-24-06, Chicago, Illinois 7-19-13, Cincinnati, Ohio 10-01-14, St. Louis, Missouri 10-03-14, Memphis, Tennessee 10-14-14,Detroit, Michigan 10-16-14, Moline, Illinois 10-17-14, Columbia SC 4-21-16 , Lexington KY 4-26-16, Philadelphia PA 4-28-16, Philadelphia PA 4-29-16, Boston 8-5-16 , Boston 8-7-16 Chicago 8-20-16, Chicago 8-22-16, Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18, Chicago 8-18-18, Chicago 8-20-18, Boston 9-2-18, Boston 9-4-18
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    It's right on the product page
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Digital Tracks:

Everyday People
    Let My Love Open the Door
    Better Man
    Rearviewmirror
    Black
    Blood
    Yellow Ledbetter

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited July 2017
    tbergs said:
    The reality is that many of these old shows are probably incomplete just like Soldier Field and we may only be able to get partially complete shows, so what's better, a partial excellent mixed bootleg or nothing at all? It seems we have gotten a bit greedy. I'm bummed the whole show isn't available for the LP, but excited they are finally making this one official. This and Australia get the most playing from 95 for me besides the end of the tour US dates that are pretty good quality. I'm curious to hear how much difference there will be since I actually thought the bootleg out there sounds pretty damn good, especially with all the crowd noise.

There's a pretty good chance most of these old shows will be missing tracks, so anyone wishing for Randal's, Indio, Oakland or whatever may be disappointed unless we change our view on what we get.

As for shipping prices, sorry to all those in the international zones. That really sucks.
    I had always assumed the band had recorded the majority of their shows, but maybe that's not the case (I'm not sure where I read that they had).   If they didn't maybe you are right.  Maybe the pre '98 soundboards are fewer and more far between than we thought?

Either that or the technology at the time cause various f'ups during the recording process and left songs incomplete (tape flips maybe?)
    Post edited by Zod on