RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    some of my favourite pictures are of my and my daughters at that age. so much love, such purity. that pic hit me hard. 

I think its going to hit us all hard. Hit me like a ton a bricks as a father of 2 to a girl and a boy.
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737

What courage for those girls to share so much. Clearly, even at a young age, they've got good heads on their shoulders. It's a comfort to hear that strength from his family, who we've all been thinking so much about.

Peace and love to them, and all of you.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    just going to post this.  sounds great
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    ^^ Watching that vid, listening to the song after reading the letters from Chris's kids today is particularly poignant. Here's hoping they can get through this ok.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    can not stop sobbing
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    these are beautiful.  are they the artist edition or is this what was sold at the show?  i went to the beacon show a few days prior and wasn't too impressed by the poster but bought it anyways.  glad i did at this point. 
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    A new new post on Chris' Instagram page this morning...

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BlaylockMBlaylockM Posts: 12
    Pearl Jam should lend their channel on Sirius to be the Chris Cornell channel for a month or two. Pearl Jam has nothing new, anyway.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Awesome
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    BlaylockM said:
    Pearl Jam should lend their channel on Sirius to be the Chris Cornell channel for a month or two. Pearl Jam has nothing new, anyway.
    I LOVE this idea.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    BlaylockM said:

Agreed.
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    BlaylockM said:
    They kind of did that over Memorial Day weekend. I wouldn't mind another weekend or week of it.
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Qjk9LqDvw&t=1822s

Been listening to this a lot lately, think this is what really kick started his solo acoustic tours. Great stuff.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Unplugged in Sweden is awesome
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    We love you Chris, I am so sorry.....
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    my2hands said:
    Yah it is.   I always thought it was amazing both as a performance and what it did.  I think it was done as a radio promo thing to help promote a new audioslave record, but he did an insanely memorizing performance.   It spreads like wildfire on the internet (ie people pirated the crap out of it) and creates this whole opportunity for him to tour around and do acoustic shows (Which I think was the best era of his solo touring days).    You never know what can happen, but amazing things came out that performance.
  • Zod said:
    my2hands said:
    Yah it is.   I always thought it was amazing both as a performance and what it did.  I think it was done as a radio promo thing to help promote a new audioslave record, but he did an insanely memorizing performance.   It spreads like wildfire on the internet (ie people pirated the crap out of it) and creates this whole opportunity for him to tour around and do acoustic shows (Which I think was the best era of his solo touring days).    You never know what can happen, but amazing things came out that performance.
    Absolutely. A turning point.
  • ❤️
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Wow, good job on the framing, that 3 piece looks pretty amazing when assembled 

Some day I'll get my Philly poster framed. 
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Zod said:
    my2hands said:
    Totally, I remember a mate sending me a download link for that. I spent at least a month listening to it, and being absolutely blown away by his voice. His voice sounded strained at times in the latter years with Audioslave and Soundgarden but the acoustic shows brought a whole new depth to his vocals. And it was incredible to hear songs from his whole career in one set as well.

Saw two of his acoustic shows in Dublin and they are totally treasured memories now. Some of the best shows I've ever attended, especially the 2012 one.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Edved82 said:

Saw two of his acoustic shows in Dublin and they are totally treasured memories now. Some of the best shows I've ever attended, especially the 2012 one.
    I was there too. Something I will NEVER forget. 
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    my2hands said:
    Agreed. Been listening to it on repeat.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    my2hands said:
    Agreed. Been listening to it on repeat.

Agree.  Chris's voice is perfect on the songs are amazing. 
  • dospawndospawn Posts: 210
    posted this on reddit. figured id post it here and get a few laughs. my niece about 4 years ago. she would call it the transformers song for some reason.

Been away too long
    https://youtu.be/xXbwASKqENA

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    my2hands said:
    The very first conversation I ever had with my wife involved introducing her to Unplugged In Sweden so it will always have a special place in my heart.

We met at a race course in Sydney in November 2006. She was in a great dress, I was a backpacker/bum so I was in jeans and a PJ t-shirt that I'd bought at the Newcastle show (I looked completely out of place!) We met through a mutual friend and it turned out that she had been at the 2nd and 3rd PJ Sydney shows the week before. Of course we struck up a conversation about music within a few minutes of being introduced, and a few bottles of bubbles later we were listening to Unplugged In Sweden on my crappy MP3 player through 1 headphone each.

I emailed her the download link a few days later and that was the start of it all. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary last week.

Thanks Chris, for being an epic conversation (and relationship) starter!  
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    goldrush said:
    my2hands said:
    The very first conversation I ever had with my wife involved introducing her to Unplugged In Sweden so it will always have a special place in my heart.

We met at a race course in Sydney in November 2006. She was in a great dress, I was a backpacker/bum so I was in jeans and a PJ t-shirt that I'd bought at the Newcastle show (I looked completely out of place!) We met through a mutual friend and it turned out that she had been at the 2nd and 3rd PJ Sydney shows the week before. Of course we struck up a conversation about music within a few minutes of being introduced, and a few bottles of bubbles later we were listening to Unplugged In Sweden on my crappy MP3 player through 1 headphone each.

I emailed her the download link a few days later and that was the start of it all. We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary last week.

Thanks Chris, for being an epic conversation (and relationship) starter!  
    awesome!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    'Cause I heard it in the wind
    And I saw it in the sky
    And I thought it was the end
    And I thought it was the fourth of July......
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.