Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    edited June 2017
    An absolute joke that Crosby didn't get the lone penalty when he's rapping Subbans head into the ice. And they then score on the 4 on 4.

Pekka Rinne looks terrible when he's not playing at home.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    I never watched hockey when gretzky played....wish I had...they just showed crosby's 58 multi point playoff games....to gretzky's 108...probably in shorter series.

and at 6'0"", 185 lbs? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I've been indifferent to Crosby. Helluva player but always gotta whiff of asshole. Tonight's game makes the whiff a stench. 
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    F Crosby for smashing subans face, yea he was holding his stick, but that was ridiculous. And f the refs for looking right at it, seeing it was crosby, and letting it go until he had to call it, and then calling offsetting penalties. This series is so in favor of the pens its crazy, even pens fans should be able to see this by now.  
    On another note, f Hainsey, when he was a Cane he never played with the intensity he had tonight. 
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

norm - I really don't need your tales of whiffing assholes.

I'm sure there's some fetish forum for that.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Crosby is the prick of hockey and Harper is the prick of baseball. I feel like they would be good friends. 

It is amazing how even a blowout in a hockey game is so much more exciting than the nba 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Wobbie said:
    I never watched hockey when gretzky played....wish I had...they just showed crosby's 58 multi point playoff games....to gretzky's 108...probably in shorter series.

Gretzky is in a class all by himself, and i don't think that is a debate. BEST EVER!

I so-happen to see what Crosby was doing to PK Suban. That was BS. He should've got more then a 2 minute Minor penalty. Banging the man's head into the ice, a few times, only gets you 2 minutes? 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Pittsburgh are the Warriors of the NHL. 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    If they were the Warriors the Cup would be thers already.
    cutz said:
    Wobbie said:

Gretzky is in a class all by himself, and i don't think that is a debate. BEST EVER!

I so-happen to see what Crosby was doing to PK Suban. That was BS. He should've got more then a 2 minute Minor penalty. Banging the man's head into the ice, a few times, only gets you 2 minutes? 
    it was like noogies

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited June 2017
    Wobbie said:
    cutz said:
    Wobbie said:

it was like noogies
    Noogies or not he shouldn't be doing that with his head to the ice. With what we now know with head injuries/concussions, with potential problems with age too. So, either banging or noogies, Crosby shouldn't being doing that especially with his own history of concussions. He should know better.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:
    If they were the Warriors the Cup would be thers already.
    Just meaning they have so many great players and coach
    I miss igotid88
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    This is going to 7 with the Pens winning at home.
    I hope I'm wrong but it looks that way.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

• norm said:
    I've been indifferent to Crosby. Helluva player but always gotta whiff of asshole. Tonight's game makes the whiff a stench. 

That's just Subbans breath that your smelling.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Gretzky was like Neo in the Matrix
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Sidney was awesome last night, put the Pens on his back and showed what a true captain should do. Proves why he is the best in the game right now!!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wobbie said:

To be fair, it was a different game then, offensively.
    That stated, he was called The Great One for a reason.  He was always finding ways to make plays.  Had some amazing players around him as well...and some strong protection.  Loved Gretz.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Wobbie said:

That stated, he was called The Great One for a reason.  He was always finding ways to make plays.  Had some amazing players around him as well...and some strong protection.  Loved Gretz.
    he has over 1000 points more compared to the guy who is 2nd all time. and the guy who is 2nd all time was a contemporary of his which makes Wayne's numbers even more outrageous.  One could make the argument that Wayne was the most dominant athlete of all time.  his numbers compared to others are insane when you look at them.

and crosby is still a little bitch.  
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

he has over 1000 points more compared to the guy who is 2nd all time. and the guy who is 2nd all time was a contemporary of his which makes Wayne's numbers even more outrageous.  One could make the argument that Wayne was the most dominant athlete of all time.  his numbers compared to others are insane when you look at them.

Agreed with all of that. But I'd add Mike Milbury to that last sentence too
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    In hockey, there are only two players. Wayne Gretzky and everyone else.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

I'm a Kings fan, obviously I worship at the altar of Gretzky and I saw him play so many times in person that I truly can appreciate that and what I saw him do on TV when he was in Edmonton. 

Agree on Crysby
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    ponytd said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

Agreed with all of that. But I'd add Mike Milbury to that last sentence too
    Milbury comes across as a miserable human being. His face always looks like he is in a bad mood.  I can't stand listening to him which is a shame because the rest of the folks on NBCSN are really good in my opinion.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Milbury's a prick.  Of course he would applaud Crosby's dirty play.  Fucker throws shoes at fans and grabs kids by the sweater & yells "fuck" in their faces.
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Milbury's a prick.  Of course he would applaud Crosby's dirty play.  Fucker throws shoes at fans and grabs kids by the sweater & yells "fuck" in their faces.
    lol

I'd love it if PENSBC would remove him from the next 2 games(that's right, the Preds are winning game 6), but they won't. There's plenty of other guys there that do a better job than Milbury that deserve to be up there. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of stuff, if anything, is said to him during the game on Sunday.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited June 2017
    Milbury is awful.

NBC/Comcast think he is 'good' awful where he stirs up controversy and people tune into what he says next, kind of like the US version of Don Cherry, but that isn't true.  He is just bad.  A bad broadcaster, what he says often doesnt have basis in reality, and it seems like he just shoots from the hip and provides very little insight or preparation.  It is all extremely predictable and not entertaining or interesting.  I dont even pay attention when he is talking or what he says (I watch a miniscule amount of their studio coverage now as it is).

NBC in general sucks at covering the NHL... but they have finally shown improvement.  Their playoff coverage this year is the best they have done in their 10+ years at the helm.  
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
    ponytd said:
    lol

I'd love it if PENSBC would remove him from the next 2 games(that's right, the Preds are winning game 6), but they won't. There's plenty of other guys there that do a better job than Milbury that deserve to be up there. It's gonna be interesting to see what kind of stuff, if anything, is said to him during the game on Sunday.
    PENSBC
    :lol:
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I will gladly accept any criticisms of bias, but let's not forget about soixante-six Mario Lemieux, who put up some badass stats while battling serious injuries seemingly constantly (like cancer and rare bone diseases).  For example, It took Crosby 24 Stanley Cup Final games to put up 20 points, while 66 put up 19 in nine...once after coming back from a broken hand (fucking Adam Graves).  I'm not trying to say 99 is shit, or necessarily that Lemieux is better, would just have been interesting to see them up against each other perpetually at full health.  I'll take Gretzky's quote about Lemieux with a grain of salt, because no ambassador of the game is going to downplay another legend (he is the Great One, of course), and of course he is only saying something about who he played against, but he said, “Mario and I would have battled against each other. We had so much respect for each other. I’ve said this a million times, that he was the best played I ever played against. That fires you up as athletes. You want to compete against the best."

And come on, admit it: based purely on skill, Crosby is awesome.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    MayDay10 said:
    Milbury is awful.

NBC/Comcast think he is 'good' awful where he stirs up controversy and people tune into what he says next, kind of like the US version of Don Cherry, but that isn't true.  He is just bad.  A bad broadcaster, what he says often doesnt have basis in reality, and it seems like he just shoots from the hip and provides very little insight or preparation.  It is all extremely predictable and not entertaining or interesting.  I dont even pay attention when he is talking or what he says (I watch a miniscule amount of their studio coverage now as it is).

NBC in general sucks at covering the NHL... but they have finally shown improvement.  Their playoff coverage this year is the best they have done in their 10+ years at the helm.  

The pregame/postgame shows in all sports are terrible.  I generally tune in for games right at the start time so I could avoid as much of that nonsense as possible.  I really don't get how people sit there listening to these talking heads blabber on and on about nothing trying to create stories.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    How the hell can he blow the whistle that fast? Shoulda been a goa
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016