Pearl Jam Anthology - The Complete Scores Book

Comments

• TuningOutTuningOut Posts: 12
    Can anyone who has received the book, please confirm if the solos are scored?  Thanks.
  • davidosdavidos Posts: 466
    TuningOut said:
    Can anyone who has received the book, please confirm if the solos are scored?  Thanks.
    Either the people who have it don't know what a guitar solo looks like tab'd or they don't actually have the book  :o
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited May 2017
    MI76260 said:

Lyrics to Yellow Leadbetter
    Make me fries...

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    No more "temp out of stock" status over @ Amazon Canada. https://www.amazon.ca/Pearl-Jam-Complete-Scores-Deluxe/dp/1495060411

Also mine didn't ship on time like many other's who ordered from Amazon Canada did as the warehouse # that had my order fulfilled ran out before getting my package ready to ship. So will have to wait for the next new shipment, whenever that will be. :/

• MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    davidos said:
    TuningOut said:
    Either the people who have it don't know what a guitar solo looks like tab'd or they don't actually have the book  :o
    I will check when i get home today.
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    Amazon.ca just sent me a shipping confirmation with expected delivery of Tuesday. Jealous of those who scored it before the long weekend - but even waiting until Tuesday is light speed in Canada compared to Ten Club shipping practices.
  • sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    What about us 10C order-ers? I was stoked for this now wtf am I going to do this weekend lol
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • alislanealislane Brazil Posts: 12
    What about us 10C order-ers? I was stoked for this now wtf am I going to do this weekend lol
    What about the rest of the world? Has anyone not from Canada recieve it? That's odd!

gibbits said:
    Amazon.ca just sent me a shipping confirmation with expected delivery of Tuesday. Jealous of those who scored it before the long weekend - but even waiting until Tuesday is light speed in Canada compared to Ten Club shipping practices.
    Hmm ... Still no shipping confirmation yet from Amazon Canada here. :/ 
  • MI76260MI76260 Gothenburg, Sweden Posts: 142
    MI76260 said:
    davidos said:
    TuningOut said:
    Nope, did not seem to have solo TABs
    MI76260 said:
    MI76260 said:
    davidos said:
    TuningOut said:
    Nope, did not seem to have solo TABs
    Thx for checking... At this point I'd like for them to release it as is... What's the hold up?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    My charge went through today so I'm hoping for a shipping notification soon to follow!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    wwsuicide said:
    My charge went through today so I'm hoping for a shipping notification soon to follow!
    I ordered Mike's book as well, my charge for that went through as well as shipping email. Still waiting on the anthology.
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,299
    wwsuicide said:
    I ordered Mike's book as well, my charge for that went through as well as shipping email. Still waiting on the anthology.
    I jumped the gun. Same here. 
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    I received an email from Amazon that says release date is unknown and do I wish to cancel my order.  Does this mean they aren't getting an allotment now?
  • Received my book today from Amazon Canada. I can confirm there are NO guitar solos. The songs are in alphabetical order and looking at the first song Alive the solos which include the whole end of the song is not included. Just says "Ad lib solo". 
    A couple other things to point out... notes/tab are quite small and harder to read compared to say "Guitar Magazine" ... also another thing that bugs me a bit is the bars aren't numbered anywhere on the pages and the song titles are only at the beginning so its quite a bit of work to pick up where you left off visually when you're learning. I own the Pearl jam 15 Years Guitar legends magazine which has full notes/tab solos and lyrics for Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Not for You, Animal, Daughter and Black. When comparing the two the issues are clear.
    I'm not afraid to go marking up my nice new book with a high lighter or pencil but for those of you starting out this might be a little frustrating.
    I paid $63.49 Canadian so I'm sure not complaining. There is still heaps to work on and learn but Mike fans might feel a bit ripped off. My 2 cents. 
  • martinstemartinste Posts: 21
    For those that have gotten the book already, are ALL the solos missing?  Or are most missing?  Some missing?  I was so excited when I saw this book was coming out, and now I'm kinda bummed that it apparently isn't complete.  I have honestly never heard of a tab book that does not include solos.  I'm hoping the release is delayed so that can reprint with the solos included, but I think that might be a long shot.
  • I am surprised the solos aren't included. Clearly this was done by a third party – and if it wasn't..again, surprised.
    Are any of the 'FILLS' included? i.e., Stones little repeating note run at the end of Given to Fly.... or his single note runs on Sirens... stuff like that...?
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    I've gone through quite a many tab-books in the past 25 years or so. Local library has an excellent collection. Never ever have I seen one for a guitar-driven rock band that omitted all the guitar solos. Seriously, WTF?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
    I've had an 840-page AC/DC book and guess are the solos in there? Of course they are.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • RH1500RH1500 Posts: 27
    Received my book today from Amazon Canada. I can confirm there are NO guitar solos. The songs are in alphabetical order and looking at the first song Alive the solos which include the whole end of the song is not included. Just says "Ad lib solo". 
    A couple other things to point out... notes/tab are quite small and harder to read compared to say "Guitar Magazine" ... also another thing that bugs me a bit is the bars aren't numbered anywhere on the pages and the song titles are only at the beginning so its quite a bit of work to pick up where you left off visually when you're learning. I own the Pearl jam 15 Years Guitar legends magazine which has full notes/tab solos and lyrics for Yellow Ledbetter, Alive, Not for You, Animal, Daughter and Black. When comparing the two the issues are clear.
    I'm not afraid to go marking up my nice new book with a high lighter or pencil but for those of you starting out this might be a little frustrating.
    I paid $63.49 Canadian so I'm sure not complaining. There is still heaps to work on and learn but Mike fans might feel a bit ripped off. My 2 cents. 
    Thanks for the review and info.  I ordered but was on the fence, so your post has helped me decide to cancel my order.  I was mainly interested in this for the guitar tab.  Without solos, it's probably no better than getting tabs online. 
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Received my book today from Amazon Canada. I can confirm there are NO guitar solos. The songs are in alphabetical order and looking at the first song Alive the solos which include the whole end of the song is not included. Just says "Ad lib solo". 
    Thanks for the review. I'll be passing on this half-assed effort. Bummer. Was hoping it would be something cool.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 187
    RH1500 said:
    Thanks for the review and info.  I ordered but was on the fence, so your post has helped me decide to cancel my order.  I was mainly interested in this for the guitar tab.  Without solos, it's probably no better than getting tabs online. 
    Agree, I've cancelled too. Not much point for me without the solos. Really don't understand why they've omitted them.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2

Received my book today from Amazon Canada.

When did you order on Amazon Canada? I've yet to receive a shipping confirmation. :/

• martinstemartinste Posts: 21
    I contacted Hal Leonard about the lack of solos and they indicated that the book would have been too long if they were to include all the solos.  (I pointed out to them that I own the Beatles complete scores book which is also published by Hal Leonard, and that book has 200 songs and is 1,130 pages and it has all the solos.  They didn't respond to that).  They said all the guitar parts are in the book (fills, etc) with the major exception of the solos. 
  • DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    Does the book itself give any indication of who transcribed it?
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    I am no drummer but do they really benefit from having those parts transcribed? Isnt that something that can be easily picked up by ear? Remove those and put in the solos
  • PixeltenderPixeltender nyc Posts: 73
    I contacted Hal Leonard about the lack of solos and they indicated that the book would have been too long if they were to include all the solos.  (I pointed out to them that I own the Beatles complete scores book which is also published by Hal Leonard, and that book has 200 songs and is 1,130 pages and it has all the solos.  They didn't respond to that).  They said all the guitar parts are in the book (fills, etc) with the major exception of the solos. 
    damn that's really frustrating. considering cancelling now. mike's solos are the reason i ever picked up a guitar in the first place. bonehead decision
  • Hey deme, I ordered literally after reading your post that it was on Amazon.ca next day price dropped drastically then went up. I'm on the west coast. Guess I got lucky. 
    I'm happy with the book at the price I paid... but bring back giventowail!