Options

RIP Chris Cornell

Comments

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    keep singing brother, keep singing
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    so grateful for all of your music, chris. you will be sorely missed by all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    wnh1977 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg7qw31xeXk

Their last song last night, "Slaves and Bulldozers" with some of Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying" in there starting at 6:36.  

"Meet me, Jesus, meet me
    Meet me in the middle of the air
    If my wings should fail me, Lord
    Meet me with another pair
    Well, well, so I can die easy
    Well, well, well, so I can die easy
    Jesus gonna make up my dying bed
    And I promise, in my time of dying
    I ain't gonna cry
    I ain't gonna moan
    All I need for you to do
    Is drag my body home"

Haunting.  RIP CC.  You are greatly missed. Prayers to his family and friends.  
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Options
    RIP Chris.  One of the best voices of all time.  You will be missed.....
  • Options
    RenaeRenae Perth, WA Posts: 38
    Olivavu said:
    So that's three out of four no longer with us...
    Jesus. Don't even think it. 

no shit right? I don't know why people are reverting to this as a first thought. Don't even want to think about it.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,367
    R.I.P. I can't believe it. Fuçk
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I'm feeling completely empty right now.
    It's difficult for people to understand how some of us are so emotionally connected to music. My heart is broken. 
    Say Hello 2 Heaven, Chris. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    AC257443AC257443 Posts: 41
    So fucking sad today! Difficult to comprehend this news. Say Hello To Heaven Chris....you will be missed terribly! Good thoughts to his family, friends and the entire Soundgarden/Audioslave/Pearl Jam/TOTD/Seattle music community. We just lost one of the greats.
    PJ Wolf Mountain '94 (rained out...arrrgh!!)
    PJ Salt Lake City '95
    PJ Salt Lake City '09
    EV Las Vegas '12
    PJ Chicago '13
    PJ Denver '14
    TOTD Seattle '16
    PJ Seattle '18
    PJ San Diego '20 (fucking Covid)
    PJ San Diego '22
    PJ Las Vegas '22 (fucking Covid)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

My daughter's first concert.  Last year.  Indy.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Daughter5Daughter5 Mass Posts: 38
    edited May 2017
    Just watched the last video. Always in my heart, and Hunger Strike is what brought me to Pearl Jam Eddie Vedder I'm Grateful for that. Sorry to Chris's Family, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam Ands all of Ten Club who feels the pain Love you guys
    Post edited by Daughter5 on
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    I made my  rip post on Facebook, I just wanna see how you guys think this effects pj. To me I'd put it up there with Andy. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do hunger strike and reach down and all at shows more but as far as recording and all I'm not sure. I mean the dude is on the pj documentary... it's a sad situation. Dude was a legend 
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,369
    Ya some people don't understand how we can be upset about someone we don't personally know, but the music makes us feel like we lived all those times with him. And its the end of someone and something we loved.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/05/soundgarden_to_crowd_during_fi.html

never thought it would be the last time I saw him perform

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,148
    This is somehow feeling worse and hitting me harder than '94 did. Maybe because unlike Kurt this seems so out of the blue. Maybe because of how connected Chris was to Eddie's rise. Maybe because I was totally doped to the fucking gills at TOTD NYC and immensely regret blowing that experience ... I don't know but it's cutting so hard. Grrrr. :-/
    This kind of reminds me of '94 because I felt Kurt's death was also out of the blue.   There had been headlines that he had OD'd, but when I was younger you thought musicians were indestructible, so my brain never really considered he would die (or take his own life).    Out of all the things that I thought would happen that day, it wasn't on the list.   Just like this morning when I got out of the shower and heard my wife shout out, this wasn't anywhere in my radar either... totally out of nowhere :(  sigh...
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    edited May 2017
    Atlanta, Tabernacle, 2013
    Post edited by brewdog123 on
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    This is somehow feeling worse and hitting me harder than '94 did. Maybe because unlike Kurt this seems so out of the blue. Maybe because of how connected Chris was to Eddie's rise. Maybe because I was totally doped to the fucking gills at TOTD NYC and immensely regret blowing that experience ... I don't know but it's cutting so hard. Grrrr. :-/
    I felt the same way when I compare this to Layne Staley.  I think the difference between layne and Kurt dying with Chris is that Layne and kurts deaths were almost expected. Both were troubled and deep into drug abuse. Not that Chris suffered any less or didn't have dependency issues, they just weren't as publicized.  

Plus, we got to listen to Chris for the better part of 30 years. Be gave us much more music than the other 2. And the fact that Chris had so much success with not only SG, but Audioslave and a solo career. 

Either way, it's a sad day for not only music fans, but the world. The gift  this gave us all will not be forgotten. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    SS94569SS94569 Posts: 24
    Absolutely gutted r.i.p
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    that is really great...

and it sends shivers down my spine at the same time...

so many thoughts and not enough words.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    edited May 2017
    Edit
  • Options
    biggamecbcbiggamecbc Stl Posts: 60
    Feeling awful 
    RIP Chris
    Prayers for him and his family 
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    Just saw him perform for the first time on Saturday. I'm at a loss for words.

RIP Chris
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    Makes even less sense now. Really struggling to understand and process this. 

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/05/18/chris-cornell-suicide-death-wife/
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    I felt the same way when I compare this to Layne Staley.  I think the difference between layne and Kurt dying with Chris is that Layne and kurts deaths were almost expected. Both were troubled and deep into drug abuse. Not that Chris suffered any less or didn't have dependency issues, they just weren't as publicized.  

Plus, we got to listen to Chris for the better part of 30 years. Be gave us much more music than the other 2. And the fact that Chris had so much success with not only SG, but Audioslave and a solo career. 

Either way, it's a sad day for not only music fans, but the world. The gift  this gave us all will not be forgotten. 
    i think also as we get older death hits us closer to home. we feel our own mortality a lot more than you do in your 20s. so as we age and people near our age start dying it touches a closer nerve.  at least for me it does. just so tough to deal with this type of news. 
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    so sad rip
    danny d
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,277
    It's 1.30am here and I can't get to sleep. I keep thinking about what Chris' family are going through and it's bringing back a lot of personal memories. It's just so horribly sad.

I don't think I've been this upset by a musician passing since Elliott Smith died.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    i just wanted to see temple of the dog in the future 1 x :( i saw pj 48 times, soundgarden only 1x with nin
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,036
    I was at the show last night, fucking rocked! Great mix of tunes, new and old.  Chris was really feeding off, of the crowd.  The band was tight, especially Matt.

Here is the set list:
    Ugly Truth
    Hunted Down
    Non-State Actor
    Searching With My Good Eye Closed
    Spoonman
    Outshined
    Kickstand
    Black Hole Sun
    By Crooked Steps
    The Day I Tried To Live
    My Wave
    Been Away Too Long
    Fell on Black Days
    Mailman
    A Thousand Days Before
    Burden in My Hand
    Blow Up the Outside World
    Jesus Christ Pose
    Rusty Cage
    Slaves & Bulldozers

I can't believe I woke up to this terrible news!  I turned on my phone and it blew up with text messages. What a great loss!  He will be missed terribly!  My condolences to everyone, family, friends and fans!  I'm fucking wrecked!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    Waking up to this kind of news is... I don't know.  Shit.  I don't know...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    There will be a bright new star in the sky tonight. Say Hello 2 Heaven & Andy! My heart goes out to his family, bandmates and crew, and all his Pearl Jam and Seattle music friends. He was a very very special, beautiful and unique person and I will never ever forget him. 
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.