Mother Love Bone mural outside Easy Street Records

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Still kicking myself for not stopping by to ask what they were painting, I was walking by around 3pm after getting ice cream. Jeff was wearing a hat and respirator, of course I didn't recognize who it was. :confounded:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Seeing these posts made my day yesterday.
    Jeff is THE MAN.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    haha, that rules
    RKCNDY said:

Still kicking myself for not stopping by to ask what they were painting, I was walking by around 3pm after getting ice cream. Jeff was wearing a hat and respirator, of course I didn't recognize who it was. :confounded:

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Love it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Lmao! Love this! Jeff looks great!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    edited June 2016
    http://imgur.com/a/1U00S

Easy Street Records in the West Seattle Junction always has a bunch of murals for bands. Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam and Mother Love Bone spent a couple days making this happen. He actually painted it himself!

• Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Can some Seatlle-ite tell me if the famous "Mother Love Bone" tag is still up in Seatlle - the one in Singles etc.
  • Jeff is my favorite. ALWAYS keeping it 'real'. guy reminds me of myself at a younger age. always giving it back, always being real. gotta respect the dude. and nice work on the wall JA!!
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
    I hope they leave this as it is, forever! How long does a mural stay up @ Easy Street Records before this is painted over to make way for a new one?
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Looks amazing and very detailed. I may be able to get to Seattle later this year so hope it stays up for at least a few months so I can take picture in front of it.

Does anyone know why he did this and why now? It's just kind of curious coming from someone who has openly said he's not into nostalgia and looking back. Granted, that was in reference to Pearl Jam, but still...
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    AO253126 said:

Looks amazing and very detailed. I may be able to get to Seattle later this year so hope it stays up for at least a few months so I can take picture in front of it.

Does anyone know why he did this and why now? It's just kind of curious coming from someone who has openly said he's not into nostalgia and looking back. Granted, that was in reference to Pearl Jam, but still...

when did he say that? Jeff keeps 'everything' that's how they have all the goodies to put into the box set-which I love by the way.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    RKCNDY said:

AO253126 said:

when did he say that? Jeff keeps 'everything' that's how they have all the goodies to put into the box set-which I love by the way.
    True, not saying that he doesn't, I just thought that comment was attributed to him in some conversation about PJ25 or future reissues or something. I may be mistaken that it came from Jeff, and if I am, then my question is moot, but I'm pretty sure that sentiment at least came from someone in the band. I could've sworn it was Jeff, but if I can find a link or an interview, I'll post it here.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    who dat? rick ross? lol
    lovin the beard Jeffy
    Any word how long Jeff did this sweet mural? Dude should definitely do more.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Can some Seatlle-ite tell me if the famous "Mother Love Bone" tag is still up in Seatlle - the one in Singles etc.

Long gone
    Maybe why this beauty went up last month.

REPUBLIC RECORDS & STARDOG RECORDS ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP
    http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/RepublicRecords/view/154115/

"Stardog will release a reissue of Mother Love Bone"

:)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Cool shirt!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    hope they still have em in November
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    RKCNDY said:

Don't kick yourself over not stopping, it's not worth it.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
    rssesq said:

hope they still have em in November

I hope so too. I wanna try to pick one up before the Temple of the Dog shows.
  • SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    Cureent state of the mural as of yesterday:

Snagged this from Shane Davis on one of the FB groups. Seattle Graffiti artist "Clepto" added his tag to the mix: 

So my friend Lauren comes to town and finally visits the Mother Love Bone Wall at Easy Street Records in West Seattle today. She sends me this photo and I see one big problem, some lowlife tagged and vandalized the wall and ruined what Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament did. Grunge/Seattle/Andrew Wood/Pearl Jam Music fans from all over the world visit this wall. Really sucks cause we have so many people coming to town this weekend for the Flight to Mars benefit that were planning on visiting this.feeling angry with Lauren Stockner.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    AO253126 said:
    Looks amazing and very detailed. I may be able to get to Seattle later this year so hope it stays up for at least a few months so I can take picture in front of it. Does anyone know why he did this and why now? It's just kind of curious coming from someone who has openly said he's not into nostalgia and looking back. Granted, that was in reference to Pearl Jam, but still...
    True, not saying that he doesn't, I just thought that comment was attributed to him in some conversation about PJ25 or future reissues or something. I may be mistaken that it came from Jeff, and if I am, then my question is moot, but I'm pretty sure that sentiment at least came from someone in the band. I could've sworn it was Jeff, but if I can find a link or an interview, I'll post it here.
    it was Jeff. it was a response to someone asking about future super deluxe boxes of their albums. he said he isn't interested in looking to the past anymore, he prefers to work on current projects. I don't know if it was more that he is sick of "looking back", or that it is so much work looking through all the stuff he has. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    Cureent state of the mural as of yesterday:

Snagged this from Shane Davis on one of the FB groups. Seattle Graffiti artist "Clepto" added his tag to the mix: 

Isn't that breaking the cardinal rule of tagging? Can't tag over someone's work?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Fucking vandalism.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Hopefully Clepto gets run over by a car soon. That guy is a nuisance. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Dammit!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Nihil Sanctisne?
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,741
    edited May 2017
    Welcome to nu-Seattle....civic pride has slowly been disintegrating since 2012.

And it's Cleeto,  you can find his 'work' elsewhere in Seattle.
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg