Ryan Adams News/Info

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I got my email this morning. They are pretty good. Similar in sound to Prisoner.

nice. hoping these surface online at some point
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mfc2006 said:

I got my email this morning. They are pretty good. Similar in sound to Prisoner.

Agreed, my friend. I'll PM you if I come across them.

mfc2006 said:

Agreed, my friend. I'll PM you if I come across them.
    same here, man. thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    I should have them later tonight to share
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    On all the streaming services and iTunes for purchase.
    I mean this thing is just ridiculous. Just reaffirms to me that Prisoner as a whole is perfect. It's amazing how good this b-sides collection is.

I should have them later tonight to share

Being these turned out to not be box set exclusive I'm gonna hold back sharing

That being said

I mean this thing is just ridiculous. Just reaffirms to me that Prisoner as a whole is perfect. It's amazing how good this b-sides collection is.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

On all the streaming services and iTunes for purchase.

Thanks for the tip - will there be a physical release?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Damn, its like a double record. Fucking love this guy!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    B-sides available on Amazon!

B-sides available on Amazon!

Just digitally...
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    i won a pair of tix to his nyc show on thursday and barring a miracle before my monday rsvp deadline, can't afford to go. if google is correct it's a 250 capacity venue. this is torture.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    spnoone said:

i won a pair of tix to his nyc show on thursday and barring a miracle before my monday rsvp deadline, can't afford to go. if google is correct it's a 250 capacity venue. this is torture.

Sounds like you should go.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I'
    spnoone said:

Is he playing a show after The Beacon?
    eddiec said:

I'

spnoone said:

yes. iheartradio theater. i'm guessing it's guest list only, as i don't see it listed as part of his tour. so basically, i've got the ryan adams version of a ticket to pearl jam at third man. and probably can't go.
    spnoone said:

eddiec said:

I'

spnoone said:

yes. iheartradio theater. i'm guessing it's guest list only, as i don't see it listed as part of his tour. so basically, i've got the ryan adams version of a ticket to pearl jam at third man. and probably can't go.
    that sucks
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    That really sucks. I'd kill for an opportunity like that but fucking life, man. It always gets in the way and throws a wrench into plans. I'm sorry to hear you can't go.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    edited May 2017
    The Prisoner b-sides are fantastic! He could have released them as a separate album and it still would've been one of his best records.

I've mixed them into Prisoner's running order - like the pic below but with 'The Cold' and 'Lookout' as tracks 30 and 31 - and it sounds awesome.

Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Where are 'The Cold' and 'Lookout' from?

They were sent to people that ordered the box set.

They were sent to people that ordered the box set.
    I see, so they were exclusive. Anybody want to share? I already bought the B-sides album download but would love to have the additional two tracks.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    spnoone said:

eddiec said:

I'

spnoone said:

Find a way!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

spnoone said:

eddiec said:

I'

spnoone said:

Find a way!!
    i've got 44 minutes. i'm still trying.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    Great show tonight!!!
    Awesome poster. Going tonight can't wait. Hope the set is a little different since last night and the Apollo were very similar 
    Awesome poster. Going tonight can't wait. Hope the set is a little different since last night and the Apollo were very similar 
    Grab a foil poster early.  They were gone in an hour.
    The show at the Beacon tonight was incredible. Completely on top of his game. 
    They did a few "jams" during the first night at the Beacon.  Did they do that last night?
  • tweedyfanjentweedyfanjen Posts: 881
    Did anyone else see Ryan's instagram live last night before his show? It was about 20 minutes of he and his band rehearsing. So awesome.
    I'm through with screaming
    They did a few "jams" during the first night at the Beacon.  Did they do that last night?
    Yes. Magnolia Mountain and Cold Roses specifically had the longest jams. Dirty Rain and Shakedown had shorter ones. MM Jam was a different one than in the past, even at the Apollo (assume same at Beacon 1). Band was VERY good.

Doomsday was full vs solo at the Apollo which was cool to see. And a totally reworked version of Stars Go Blue was great. Not crazy about that song so was good to see a different approach. It had a very droney futuristic bass line.

He also said he's going to play a song a night from the Prisoner B-Sides.

Not that talkative although when he did he was entertaining as usual, which included instead of leaving for a fake encore he made everyone hiss like snakes and while everyone did that went right into Come Pick Me Up