Whatcha get for RSD 2017??

Comments

• PaigePaige Posts: 365
    Since I keep searching for the Robert Johnson, I'm looking at a whole lotta websites. Vixen Vinyl has some that other places are out of stock on. https://vixenvinyl.com/
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

I was first in line so scored all these:
    Ramones - singles box set
    Jack White - Battle Cry
    Bob Seger - 2+2=?
    Pearl Jam
    Alice in Chains
    Prince - Little Red Corvette pic disc
    Lumineers - Song Seeds
    Jimmy Page / Black Crowes Live
    Curtis Knight/Jimi Hendrix Live
    Def Leppard EP
    Stevie Ray Vaughn Live
    Bruce Springsteen Live
    U2 pic disc
    Iggy Pop Live
    Cure Greatest Hits
    Cure Greatest Hits acoustic
    Cheap Trick Epic Archive
    Pink Floyd - Interstellar Overdrive
    Cars Live
    Bowie promo box set
    Bowie - Cracked Actor

Second store =
    Motorhead - Clean your clock
    Townes van Zandt - Austin City Limits
    Bert Jansch - Black Swan
    Steve Earle and The Dukes - Fixin to Die
    Peter Frampton - Acoustic Classics (non RSD)
    and a sealed original copy of Vitalogy!

Bonus - my wife still loves me!

If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    CM189191 said:

Suziemay said:

Autoproxy said:

Iggy Pop (no love from anyone else?) and Jane's Addiction. Whiffed on PJ.

Iggy Post Pop Depression Live at Royal Albert Hall was #1 on my list. But the two stores I went to either sold out of it or didn't get it. Fortunately, Team Iggy posted an online link and I happened to check Facebook and saw it. A little annoying that it became an RSD release because it was first released for pre-order and then they cancelled everyone's orders citing quality issues.

I can't wait to listen to it, I was at that show. One of the best, if not THE best concert I've ever been to.
    dammitdammitdammit
    I had a copy in my hands and put it back for some dumb reason.
    :anguished: If you really want to listen to it, there's a DVD+CD combo. They did a nice job recording the show, they caught enough of the other band members and the subtle interactions going on, which is what I loved about those shows. Josh was doing some fun stuff on stage while everyone was paying attention to Iggy.
    Autoproxy said:

Suziemay said:

Autoproxy said:

Iggy Pop (no love from anyone else?) and Jane's Addiction. Whiffed on PJ.

Iggy Post Pop Depression Live at Royal Albert Hall was #1 on my list. But the two stores I went to either sold out of it or didn't get it. Fortunately, Team Iggy posted an online link and I happened to check Facebook and saw it. A little annoying that it became an RSD release because it was first released for pre-order and then they cancelled everyone's orders citing quality issues.

I can't wait to listen to it, I was at that show. One of the best, if not THE best concert I've ever been to.
    Nice! I saw him and the boys on that tour in SF, and so I had to get it. I already gave it a spin - I will go out on a limb and say you will not be disappointed.
    Oh, I know I won't be :) I went to 5 of the Post Pop Depression shows and this was the best (although they were all wonderful). I'm so happy they released this on vinyl. I already have the DVD (and I'm in it!) but something about having it on vinyl just makes me very very happy. Team Iggy has done a phenomenal job the last 1+ year, I have to say.
  • pearljim said:

Jack White - Battle Cry
    Bob Seger - 2+2=?
    Pearl Jam
    Alice in Chains
    Lumineers - Song Seeds
    Def Leppard EP
    Stevie Ray Vaughn Live
    Bruce Springsteen Live
    U2 pic disc
    Iggy Pop Live
    Cure Greatest Hits
    Cheap Trick Epic Archive
    Cars Live
    Bowie promo box set
    Bowie - Cracked Actor

Second store =
    Bert Jansch - Black Swan

A 1000+ dollars later.

Holy! Nice score.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

pearljim said:

Jack White - Battle Cry
    Bob Seger - 2+2=?
    Pearl Jam
    Alice in Chains
    Lumineers - Song Seeds
    Def Leppard EP
    Stevie Ray Vaughn Live
    Bruce Springsteen Live
    U2 pic disc
    Iggy Pop Live
    Cure Greatest Hits
    Cheap Trick Epic Archive
    Cars Live
    Bowie promo box set
    Bowie - Cracked Actor

Second store =
    Bert Jansch - Black Swan

A 1000+ dollars later.

Holy! Nice score.
    It was once I bought the Mother Love Bone box set at the third store hahahahahaha

If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    Paige said:

Since I keep searching for the Robert Johnson, I'm looking at a whole lotta websites. Vixen Vinyl has some that other places are out of stock on. https://vixenvinyl.com/

Some of those have some crazy mark-ups. $75 for The Smiths' 7"? Holy crap. And $150 for the Ramones Box?
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Gathered up:
    Rush - No new material, but as it turns out this 30yr Rush fan never had Hemispheres on record! :i_dunno:
    Sting
    Bill Evans
    U2 - ALmost put this back just cause the press run (7000) made me think it'd be easily around for awhile. But then my store sold out of it before I left and I was probably in the top 30 to get in the door.
    Rostropovich Cello Concerto No. 2
    Blondie - Going to see Garbage later this summer so I thought Id catch up on what Blondie was doing lately.
    White Zombie - Grabbed the Zombie Blood version, shop only had the one... If it'd been reg black vinyl, probably would've left it. :wink:

So I noticed on a couple of these that were actually numbered, the numbers were xxxx out of an amount different (larger) than what RSD said would be available. Anyone think the amounts listed by RSD are just the US print numbers and that Europe gets its own separate amount available? I had thought print numbers were worldwide but maybe Im wrong...
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • EdmontonEdmonton Posts: 83
    Lou Reed
    Ben Folds w/Symphony
    Missed out on Isbell and DBT, sadly.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    DW139059 said:

So I noticed on a couple of these that were actually numbered, the numbers were xxxx out of an amount different (larger) than what RSD said would be available. Anyone think the amounts listed by RSD are just the US print numbers and that Europe gets its own separate amount available? I had thought print numbers were worldwide but maybe Im wrong...

You might be right. I remember when the REM unplugged came out on RSD a few years back. The pressing run was really small. Something like 1000, but Europe had their own separate pressing on top of the North America ones. I do think that when you read the pressing size's it refers to the US.
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    stratmad said:

Bowie (Cracked Actors + the Placebo single), some Prince, the Quadrophenia soundtrack, The Cure, The Beatles, PJ of course....but the icing on the cake was my copy of Cheap Trick's The Epic Archives (1975-1979) on yellow vinyl, which is sweet but I was lucky and thrilled to get a Golden Ticket copy, meaning there is a photo of the band (circa late 70s), signed by Robin, Tom, Rick and Bun E!! It made my weekend!

Wonka Cool !

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    demetrios said:
    Thanks for this, I think.
    I got even more stuff.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Twice today I had Iron Horse's Pickin on Nirvana in the cart at Bullmoose and twice it "sold out" before I could check out.

Twice today I had Iron Horse's Pickin on Nirvana in the cart at Bullmoose and twice it "sold out" before I could check out.

It's back if you want to try again. I finally did get it that way.
  • Went and picked through the leftovers at my go to shop this afternoon. Picked up Greg Graffin - Cold As The Clay. There were a few other things still on the shelf that some might be interested

Did you happen to listen to this Graffin yet? I've never seen a bigger space between the edge of the record and where the groove starts. It's legit half an inch.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,977
    I bought the PJ single and the Old 97's 12-inch. The Old 97's record was $17.99 for two unreleased songs. I couldn't believe it, but I sucked it up since it's for a "good cause."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399

Went and picked through the leftovers at my go to shop this afternoon. Picked up Greg Graffin - Cold As The Clay. There were a few other things still on the shelf that some might be interested

Did you happen to listen to this Graffin yet? I've never seen a bigger space between the edge of the record and where the groove starts. It's legit half an inch.
    I did. I have the same issue with mine. I dropped the needle on it last night and sat down to eat dinner. After a minute or two, I was like " Why the hell am I not hearing any music." Went and looked and the needle was skating all over the outer edge. Set it in the groove and was good to go.

That said, I really enjoy the music and the album.
  • Went and picked through the leftovers at my go to shop this afternoon. Picked up Greg Graffin - Cold As The Clay. There were a few other things still on the shelf that some might be interested

I did. I have the same issue with mine. I dropped the needle on it last night and sat down to eat dinner. After a minute or two, I was like " Why the hell am I not hearing any music." Went and looked and the needle was skating all over the outer edge. Set it in the groove and was good to go.

That said, I really enjoy the music and the album.
    Agreed 100%. You won't find a bigger Bad Religion fan than me and I think his solo stuff is right on par. I saw him play Millport in full about a month ago and it was great
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Neil Young- decade
    Sia- Sessions
    Phil Colins 45 Air I breath
    PJ and AIC were gone :-(
    Paige said:

I ended up catching one just a few minutes before 5pm yesterday! Picked that up and "Sara & Tegan" Under Feet Like Ours. Got shipping notices on both already!!

Paige said:

I ended up catching one just a few minutes before 5pm yesterday! Picked that up and "Sara & Tegan" Under Feet Like Ours. Got shipping notices on both already!!
    Me too. Now if I could only find the one I wanted most -- Robert Johnson -- at a reasonable price.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    hrd2imgn said:

Neil Young- decade
    Sia- Sessions
    Phil Colins 45 Air I breath
    PJ and AIC were gone :-(

@hrd2imgn how is that Sia album? I didn't see that one?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Nothing...my anniversary is April 20 and the other half doesn't give a shit about RSD and insists on going to places where there are no record stores.
    Easy Street was picked clean when I went yesterday.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Picked up a copy of Ted Wulfers' The Cubs Won It All In 2016 on ebay today. Been trying to get that one on Bullmoose as well, to no avail. Every time the add cart button appears, the very next step says it's not available. But the ebay seller was only $1 more after I made a best offer.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    ski-bum said:

demetrios said:
    Thanks for this, I think.
    I got even more stuff.
    +1. Thanks for the heads-up! Was able to score the Magpie Salute 10" that I struck out on on Sat. :sunglasses:
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ
    AIC
    DMB
    War on Drugs
    Doors
    Lumineers
    Neil Young
    Santana
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 593
    edited April 2017
    Has anybody had opportunity to give the Jason Isbell offering a spin? How about the Neil Young
    Decade set?
    Post edited by DJ253147 on
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Gvn2fly said:

Horse2345 said:

Nothing, stuck at work saving lives. :s

Why do you do Horse? That was my reason for missing out too..
    RRT in icu. You?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    NewJPage said:

Dead
    Doors

Was able to track down dennis wilson and the page/crowed too
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    anyone have the iron & wine mp3's?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.