America's Gun Violence

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

So it is a political system or skin color?

The article did not mention race, I have no idea what he is. Why is it relevant to you?

A couple reasons. There's an undercurrent of racism and prejudice in a lot of your posts, and I rarely see the pro-gun people advocate for racial minorities and gun ownership.
    Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they do desire.
    I could be wrong, but I don't see a lot of inclusion of minorities in the 2nd amendment discussions. I don't see links posted about blacks "protecting their home" with guns. I don't see links to news articles where gun rights are being protected for blacks.
    That is because we don't care about skin color, we care about people having the right to defend themselves how they see fit. As someone that organizes shoots for dozens of people I see many different types. We only stress being safe and having fun.

FFS, I posted that article and not once did race enter my mind. What did is a family getting their property back from another unjust government action. You guys are getting desperate. Oh, wait another dumbf**k is going to tell me about my overlord. Some of you guys must have boring lives that you find the need to bring race into EVERYTHING.
    Yesterday I ate white rice instead of brown rice...oh damn, "RACIST". I think some people are just obsessed with the term and try to apply it to everything...which in some ways takes the heat off of the true white robe wearing neo-nazi racists. The ones keeping racism alive are the ones that use racism as a crutch in every topic of debate.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    PJPOWER said:

"All the times"? You mean the one time? You're really reaching...I've never heard anyone state that they feel only white people should own firearms.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nra-internal-revolt-philando-castile-20160709-story.html
    Or
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nra-members-furious-philando-castile/
    There is a couple articles about pro-gun people frustrated that the NRA did not do enough, though.

The NRA is the most useless gun rights organization for actual gun rights. I cancelled my membership years ago and they will never get another dollar from me. They compromise, I don't.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

The article did not mention race, I have no idea what he is. Why is it relevant to you?

A couple reasons. There's an undercurrent of racism and prejudice in a lot of your posts, and I rarely see the pro-gun people advocate for racial minorities and gun ownership.
    Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they do desire.
    I could be wrong, but I don't see a lot of inclusion of minorities in the 2nd amendment discussions. I don't see links posted about blacks "protecting their home" with guns. I don't see links to news articles where gun rights are being protected for blacks.
    That is because we don't care about skin color, we care about people having the right to defend themselves how they see fit. As someone that organizes shoots for dozens of people I see many different types. We only stress being safe and having fun.

FFS, I posted that article and not once did race enter my mind. What did is a family getting their property back from another unjust government action. You guys are getting desperate. Oh, wait another dumbf**k is going to tell me about my overlord. Some of you guys must have boring lives that you find the need to bring race into EVERYTHING.
    Yesterday I ate white rice instead of brown rice...oh damn, "RACIST". I think some people are just obsessed with the term and try to apply it to everything...which in some ways takes the heat off of the true white robe wearing neo-nazi racists. The ones keeping racism alive are the ones that use racism as a crutch in every topic of debate.
    Maybe this is directed at me. I don't introduce it in every topic, but it is woven into discussions on crime and guns. And to reserve the discussion of racism only to white robe wearers minimizes the existence of it. But minimizing it seems to be a common theme with some.
    edited April 2017
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

"All the times"? You mean the one time? You're really reaching...I've never heard anyone state that they feel only white people should own firearms.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nra-internal-revolt-philando-castile-20160709-story.html
    Or
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nra-members-furious-philando-castile/
    There is a couple articles about pro-gun people frustrated that the NRA did not do enough, though.

The NRA is the most useless gun rights organization for actual gun rights. I cancelled my membership years ago and they will never get another dollar from me. They compromise, I don't.
    I feel that the NRA only bring attention to the eccentric celebrities of the hunting/firearm owning world and do not accurately represent the actual community very well. There are better organizations out there...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    You are reaching. How about GOA fighting for the lady that crossed state lines and was arrested because she had a convealed carry that wasn't honored by that State. She was black. Didn't know that? Because it is irrelevant. The story was out there, media reports how they want.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299

It's my fault you love trump?
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    #IVOTEDFORHIMTWICE (barry)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017

unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Says the guy who thinks white genocide is an actual thing. Race probably didn't enter your mind because the story fits the narrative: Whites with guns keep us safe and are 'heros' ". The opposite prejudice, which isn't always in people's consciousness, is that blacks are dangerous, not to mention blacks with guns.
    I have to agree that that seems to be the overall narrative when it comes to the issue of gun rights in America. It's true. I never actually thought about it from that angle before, but now that I am, it seems so obvious that I'm surprised it hadn't occurred to me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    unsung said:

You are reaching. How about GOA fighting for the lady that crossed state lines and was arrested because she had a convealed carry that wasn't honored by that State. She was black. Didn't know that? Because it is irrelevant. The story was out there, media reports how they want.

That happened in the communist state of New Jersey which happens to be my home state.
    On a side note, i see blacks, whites , asians, hispanics, etc. all enjoying time at the range. No one gives two shits about the color of your skin but people only care if you are practicing safe shooting. If you act like a dick you are called out on it regardless of your profession (plenty of cops and soldiers go to my range) or color of your skin.
    Stop making everything into a race issue.
    You want to report about blacks acting in self defense? Get off your butt and get a job where you can do that.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

That happened in the communist state of New Jersey which happens to be my home state.
    On a side note, i see blacks, whites , asians, hispanics, etc. all enjoying time at the range. No one gives two shits about the color of your skin but people only care if you are practicing safe shooting. If you act like a dick you are called out on it regardless of your profession (plenty of cops and soldiers go to my range) or color of your skin.
    You want to report about blacks acting in self defense? Get off your butt and get a job where you can do that.
    So media bias goes so far that they don't report blacks using guns in self defense? Or do the gate keepers not put those stories on right wing pages?

mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

So media bias goes so far that they don't report blacks using guns in self defense? Or do the gate keepers not put those stories on right wing pages?
    I have no clue. It s your theory not mine.
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

Someone else introduced it being a result of media bias.
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Interestingly, the self defense news stories that I read don't typically mention race one way or another.

It wasn't too long ago that I saw a story on the news where a woman used a gun to stop three armed intruders inside her home. There was a statement from the sheriff of Detroit that encouraged law abiding citizens to learn how to protect themselves with firearms since response times for emergency services were so long.

As it happens, the woman was black but I wouldn't have known that if I didn't see her on tv.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

No, you introduced it in this thread. We don't care about that. We want everyone to be able to defend themselves how they see fit.
    edited April 2017
    unsung said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

unsung said:

No, you introduced it in this thread. We don't care about that. We want everyone to be able to defend themselves how they see fit.
    My point is that sometimes "everyone" appears to not really be everyone.

Post edited by Go Beavers on
    Well, it is.
  • Haven't been keeping up lately, but has this been mentioned?

The grandfather of one of the three Oklahoma home invaders shot dead is pissed off because the homeowner used an AR15 and the home invaders only had brass knuckles. He says it wasn't a fair fight.

https://newsline.com/grandfather-oklahoma-burglar-shot-killed-ar-15-complains-unfair-fight/
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Haven't been keeping up lately, but has this been mentioned?

The grandfather of one of the three Oklahoma home invaders shot dead is pissed off because the homeowner used an AR15 and the home invaders only had brass knuckles. He says it wasn't a fair fight.

https://newsline.com/grandfather-oklahoma-burglar-shot-killed-ar-15-complains-unfair-fight/

here's some advice: don't rob a fucking house!
    is this guy serious?! no reason to fear for your life? my god.

Haven't been keeping up lately, but has this been mentioned?

I saw that also, what an idiot..."Fair fight", seriously? Did he think they were all in an agreed upon friendly wrestling match?
  • I'm with you here, fellas.

He's obviously emotional, but that's quite a moronic statement regardless.

I'm with you here, fellas.

He's obviously emotional, but that's quite a moronic statement regardless.

Yeah definitely emotional but come on.
    I remember seeing a protest sign that read:

"A mother shouldn't have to worry about her son every time he robs a store".

Don't go looking for trouble and you probably won't find any.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    dudeman said:

I saw that too. But I'm pretty sure that was a photoshopped protest sign.
    dudeman said:

Just follow orders and do what you're told. Cops are trustworthy and here to protect us.
    For the most part.
    dudeman said:

For the most part.

And the part that isn't most?

dudeman said:

For the most part.

• unsung said:

dudeman said:

For the most part.

What about the fourth type?

The person that goes to work, does their best, doesn't witness any corruption, and goes home after his shift?

You're outrageous, man. Like... whack.
  • ^^^
    Agreed.
    Unsung, do you protest in the streets w/ thoughts like the meme you just posted?
    Seriously man.
This discussion has been closed.