America's Gun Violence

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2017

PJPOWER said:

rssesq said:

Felony murder rule. If you and I rob Uncle Irving's liquor store and unc Irving pulls out a magnum and shoots and kills me or any bystander in thestore, YOU GET THE BODY not Irving

Right, if the crime that someone is committing directly results in the deaths of accomplices or anyone else, the responsibility for those deaths is of the person/people committing the crime.
    It seems like it wouldn't fit the definition of 1st degree murder, though. Maybe more amt lawyers can chime in.
    I'm wondering if the fact that she has admitted to planning the burglaries and being that minors were involved carries some weight in those charges.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

dudeman said:

Gun violence will always be part of our country it's just the way this country works guns are part of the fabric ...

I'm afraid you're right.
    As long as gun rights don't trample any of my rights I say go at it own as many weapons as you feel the need too ...
    And that is exactly the idea.
    Whoa I can't believe I actually posted something that you agree on ..
    Well, people should be able to do what they want without govt permission and as long as they aren't harming others.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    unsung said:

unsung said:

dudeman said:

Gun violence will always be part of our country it's just the way this country works guns are part of the fabric ...

I'm afraid you're right.
    As long as gun rights don't trample any of my rights I say go at it own as many weapons as you feel the need too ...
    And that is exactly the idea.
    Whoa I can't believe I actually posted something that you agree on ..
    Well, people should be able to do what they want without govt permission and as long as they aren't harming others.
    What about when there's potential to harm others?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    So pre-crime?
    unsung said:

So pre-crime?

There's a bazillion laws as a result of the potential hazard that can result of the action. Should those be removed and we just wait until actual harm is done?
    edited April 2017
    Your argument opens a dangerous path to the total loss of liberty.

I mean, you just want safety, right?
    unsung said:

Your argument opens a dangerous path to the total loss of liberty.

I mean, you just want safety, right?

It's your argument. I'm clarfying, because it looks like the logic in your argument doesn't pass the reality test. Again.
    A win for the good guys, and in California of all places.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article142449644.html
    unsung said:

A win for the good guys, and in California of all places.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article142449644.html

If he was a Muslim with 500 guns, I wonder if it would've been linked?
    Well, odds are the govt probably would have provided said guns in some proxy war or program like fast and furious.
    unsung said:

Well, odds are the govt probably would have provided said guns in some proxy war or program like fast and furious.

Odds are pro-gun people link articles about white guys with guns. Wonder why?
    edited April 2017
    So it is a political system or skin color?

The article did not mention race, I have no idea what he is. Why is it relevant to you?
    unsung said:

The article did not mention race, I have no idea what he is. Why is it relevant to you?

A couple reasons. There's an undercurrent of racism and prejudice in a lot of your posts, and I rarely see the pro-gun people advocate for racial minorities and gun ownership.
    edited April 2017

unsung said:

A couple reasons. There's an undercurrent of racism and prejudice in a lot of your posts, and I rarely see the pro-gun people advocate for racial minorities and gun ownership.
    Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they so desire.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they do desire.
    I could be wrong, but I don't see a lot of inclusion of minorities in the 2nd amendment discussions. I don't see links posted about blacks "protecting their home" with guns. I don't see links to news articles where gun rights are being protected for blacks.

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they do desire.
    I could be wrong, but I don't see a lot of inclusion of minorities in the 2nd amendment discussions. I don't see links posted about blacks "protecting their home" with guns. I don't see links to news articles where gun rights are being protected for blacks.
    Maybe it's because "blacks" are assumed to be included in the "American" category...Not sure why you are trying to segregate them...
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Maybe it's because "blacks" are assumed to be included in the "American" category...Not sure why you are trying to segregate them...
    I'm not segregating them, I'm seeing them be segregated. Maybe you can link the pro gun outrage to all the times a black guy is shot by a cop when he was a ligit concealed carry?
    edited April 2017
    "All the times"? You mean the one time? You're really reaching...I've never heard anyone state that they feel only white people should own firearms.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-nra-internal-revolt-philando-castile-20160709-story.html
    Or
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/nra-members-furious-philando-castile/
    There is a couple articles about pro-gun people frustrated that the NRA did not do enough, though.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Do you see people on the pro-gun advocate white only gun ownership? You are being ridiculous and try to turn everything into a race thing. I'm pro-gun and advocate any American legally allowed to own firearms to own them regardless of race, gender, religion, etc etc etc if they so desire.

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    However....

rssesq said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Hahaha, that's basically the picture I'm getting of some of these comedians!
    Just being able to see things, or not see things, doesn't have anything to do with guilt.

Just being able to see things, or not see things, doesn't have anything to do with guilt.

It may have to do with schizophrenia or paranoia or delusions or drug use though...
    PJPOWER said:

It may have to do with schizophrenia or paranoia or delusions or drug use though...
    Maybe I clicked past where you and unsung posted links to stories of the black guy in Chicago shooting someone in self defense. Or maybe the legal challenge supporting the black guy's second amendment rights. Or it was drugs.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017
    Being aware of racism and questioning the public's perceptions in terms of race and related issues is not white guilt. It is actually possible to be aware (hyper-aware, even) of racial issues within a subject and not feel guilty about having the skin colour commonly called white.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJPOWER said:

Maybe I clicked past where you and unsung posted links to stories of the black guy in Chicago shooting someone in self defense. Or maybe the legal challenge supporting the black guy's second amendment rights. Or it was drugs.
    Sounds like media bias to me...I do not see how the lack of stories can be blamed on gun owners...
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Sounds like media bias to me...I do not see how the lack of stories can be blamed on gun owners...
    The lack of reference to black gun owners in the discusssion by the pro-gun side may be bias. The news seems pretty hyped to report on people shooting people with guns. I would think blacks in the cities are using guns for self defense. Maybe no one links those stories just due to random chance.

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

That is because we don't care about skin color, we care about people having the right to defend themselves how they see fit. As someone that organizes shoots for dozens of people I see many different types. We only stress being safe and having fun.

FFS, I posted that article and not once did race enter my mind. What did is a family getting their property back from another unjust government action. You guys are getting desperate. Oh, wait another dumbf**k is going to tell me about my overlord. Some of you guys must have boring lives that you find the need to bring race into EVERYTHING.
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

That is because we don't care about skin color, we care about people having the right to defend themselves how they see fit. As someone that organizes shoots for dozens of people I see many different types. We only stress being safe and having fun.

FFS, I posted that article and not once did race enter my mind. What did is a family getting their property back from another unjust government action. You guys are getting desperate. Oh, wait another dumbf**k is going to tell me about my overlord. Some of you guys must have boring lives that you find the need to bring race into EVERYTHING.
    Says the guy who thinks white genocide is an actual thing. Race probably didn't enter your mind because the story fits the narrative: Whites with guns keep us safe and are 'heros' ". The opposite prejudice, which isn't always in people's consciousness, is that blacks are dangerous, not to mention blacks with guns.
    Another thing... when Illinois finally got on board with concealed carry I was againat the law because of it being racist due to restrictions that would force inner city residents into being unable to afford to get the license due to it being overly expensive and that Chicago was banning gun ranges which you need to qualify. But nobody gave a shit from the democrat side, nobody complained that it was unaffordable even though the same a-holes were the only saying requiring an ID to vote was racist. Nothing to see here. WE are the ones that fight for all to carry, democrats wanted to deny their constituents the Right.
This discussion has been closed.