The terrorist attacks we don't care about

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Christian? European? Hmmmn.

Probably a straight, white, male, gun owner, huh?

I sincerely have no idea where your head is at when you post shit like this. Are you under some delusional impression that people deny Islamic extremist terrorism exists, or what is your deal??
    In Unsung's alternate reality the only terrorists are radical Muslims. Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kasinski, Eric Rudolph, the Bundy's and the federal reserve occupiers who's name has escaped me not withstanding are heroes and martyers for the cause.
    Those names you present are definitely idiots of the highest order, but their acts were isolated incidents spread out over great lengths of time.

Comparing those acts to the magnitude of the daily atrocities committed by the hands of the Islamic idiots is like comparing tee ball to the major leagues.

Let radical Muslims own their current obscenity without pointing to crimes that occurred over 20 years ago.
    Guess we should stop referencing 9/11 then, eh?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I sincerely have no idea where your head is at when you post shit like this. Are you under some delusional impression that people deny Islamic extremist terrorism exists, or what is your deal??
    In Unsung's alternate reality the only terrorists are radical Muslims. Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kasinski, Eric Rudolph, the Bundy's and the federal reserve occupiers who's name has escaped me not withstanding are heroes and martyers for the cause.
    Those names you present are definitely idiots of the highest order, but their acts were isolated incidents spread out over great lengths of time.

Comparing those acts to the magnitude of the daily atrocities committed by the hands of the Islamic idiots is like comparing tee ball to the major leagues.

Let radical Muslims own their current obscenity without pointing to crimes that occurred over 20 years ago.
    What about the Crusades, man?
    I forgot Dylan Roof.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Jason P said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

What about the Crusades, man?
    Back further... the dinosaurs were the biggest terrorists of them all...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited April 2017
    But this is the thing. People pointing out the terrorism committed by those other than Islamic extremists DOES NOT minimize the attacks committed by Islamic Extremists. People point them out in an effort to prevent the insidious growth of Islamophobia towards normal Muslims and to remind people that Muslims are not the enemy - terrorists are. It's literally never an attempt to minimize terrorist attacks. Why so many conservatives (and racists) can't get that through their thick skulls is totally beyond me.

BTW, hate crimes committed by white supremacists are far from isolated incidents, but nobody ever talks about that, and I'm not sure why - are people so simple-minded that they require the word "terrorist" on paper before they care? The growth of white hate groups in America is truly terrifying and it's never on the news. Meanwhile, they actually are a greater threat to Americans than Islamic terrorists are, statistically. But Trump still decided to release a list of crimes committed by immigrants on white people. Where the fuck is the list of hate crimes committed by white people? Nowhere of course. Nobody cares about that.
    I do think it's important to remind people of things like this, specifically because the fear of Islamic terrorism is kind of out of control when compared to the actual risk they pose to American citizens, and that is a direct result of Islamophobia.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Yeah, no shit. There have in fact been more domestic terrorist attacks in American than there have been Islamic extremist terrorist attacks, so wtf?? This is the skewed thinking I was talking about.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited April 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Yeah, no shit. There have in fact been more domestic terrorist attacks in American than there have been Islamic extremist terrorist attacks, so wtf?? This is the skewed thinking I was talking about.
    I would be curious to see the data on attempted or thwarted attacks. And and would this be true worldwide? I'd be willing to guess that, worldwide, Islamic Extremists are responsible for a vast majority of terrorist attacks. I think that the overwhelming response of US intel since 911 has probably been a major reason that we have not seen more attacks in the US. That and geographic borders.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I would be curious to see the data on attempted or thwarted attacks. And and would this be true worldwide? I'd be willing to guess that, worldwide, Islamic Extremists are responsible for a vast majority of terrorist attacks. I think that the overwhelming response of US intel has probably been a major reason that we have not seen more attacks in the US.
    Obviously I am talking about American attacks, which is what everyone who is all fearful of Muslims in America are worried about. The idea that these people actually give a shit about terrorist attacks in Indonesia or Pakistan is laughable. But at any rate, based on your response, I guess you missed my point, since you're still pretending that someone is trying to minimize Islamic terrorism.
    I'm sure many white supremacist crimes have been thwarted, and that many domestic terrorist plans have been prevented too. I gather you are trying to say that Islamic terrorism is a bigger threat to Americans than domestic hate crime and/or terrorism is? Based on a guess about crimes that never happened?
  • PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Only that incident marks a long string of violent and disturbing terrorist acts that haven't stopped since.

Hey... if it was the other way around... if white supremacists were running around like a bunch of idiots: tossing gays off towers, blowing public places up, shooting up malls and concerts, beheading people... and Islam had been in a relatively peaceful state (minus a blip here and a blip there)... and Unsung said, "But what about the Air India bombing by that Muslim guy? White supremacists aren't the only terrorists!"

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be well supported around here. It most certainly wouldn't be supported by me, but I have the feeling that it wouldn't be supported by others who make a habit of using the same tactic in reality.

* Good news... the Air India bomb maker has been released from his halfway house! They only killed 311 people.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/air-india-bomb-maker-released-from-halfway-house-now-considered-low-risk-by-national-parole-board-1.3982410
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited April 2017
    Thirty, I think you're confusing media coverage with actual events. White supremacists ARE running around like a bunch of idiots. It's just that we never see it on the news. Again, that doesn't cancel out Islamic terrorism. Only a complete moron would choose to ignore the huge and disturbing problem of Jihadism in the world today (nobody on the Train does this as far as I've seen). It's just the unjust Islamophobia that people are trying to prevent when reminding people that an overriding fear of Muslim terrorists in America while completely ignoring other dangers isn't rational based on all the facts. People doing this is what grows Islamophobia, insites hate, and minimizes other crimes (which is ironic, since that is so often their accusation of others). Nobody is trying to prevent vigilance against Jihadists.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I would be curious to see the data on attempted or thwarted attacks. And and would this be true worldwide? I'd be willing to guess that, worldwide, Islamic Extremists are responsible for a vast majority of terrorist attacks. I think that the overwhelming response of US intel has probably been a major reason that we have not seen more attacks in the US.
    Obviously I am talking about American attacks, which is what everyone who is all fearful of Muslims in America are worried about. The idea that these people actually give a shit about terrorist attacks in Indonesia or Pakistan is laughable. But at any rate, based on your response, I guess you missed my point, since you're still pretending that someone is trying to minimize Islamic terrorism.
    I'm sure many white supremacist crimes have been thwarted, and that many domestic terrorist plans have been prevented too. I gather you are trying to say that Islamic terrorism is a bigger threat to Americans than domestic hate crime and/or terrorism is? Based on a guess about crimes that never happened?
    Everyone? Really?

You think you are the only one who cares about the victims of terrorism outside of their country?

Then you proceed to mock Power for suggesting people are trying to minimize Islamic terrorism... and in your subsequent paragraph do exactly that lol!
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

Thirty, I think you're confusing media coverage with actual events. White supremacists ARE running around like a bunch of idiots. It's just that we never see it on the news.

They definitely are.

As for the moment however, they haven't let their levels of idiocy escalate to extreme levels. I can deal with (not tolerate... but deal with) idiots acting like idiots provided nobody is getting 'blowed up' or beheaded.

Once someone moves into the homicidal territory pushing their agenda... they move into 'scum of the earth' category. In the Dylan Roof thread... I have spoken to Mushroom Head and how I feel about him at length. I don't reserve my disdain for Islamic terrorists. If there were more incidents like Roof and not just one here and one there... we could begin to make some comparisons. Right now... there is not a comparison and to try and make one is not only weak... it comes across as somewhat of an effort to- using your term- minimize.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Everyone? Really?

You think you are the only one who cares about the victims of terrorism outside of their country?

Then you proceed to mock Power for suggesting people are trying to minimize Islamic terrorism... and in your subsequent paragraph do exactly that lol!
    Dude, come on, I'm sure you can recognize hyperbole when you try.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Everyone? Really?

Dude, come on, I'm sure you can recognize hyperbole when you try.
    F**k.

I guess I wasn't trying.

(thanks for clarifying though)
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    So white guys in the US who fit the definition of terrorists are labelled idiots, and idiots overseas who fit the defintion of terrorists are labelled Muslim extremists?

So white guys in the US who fit the definition of terrorists are labelled idiots, and idiots overseas who fit the defintion of terrorists are labelled Muslim extremists?

Yeah, apparently the only kind of terrorists that exist any more are Muslim terrorists. Everyone else are just idiots. ;)
    (but seriously, terrorism fits a particular and oft debated definition, and I would say that most crimes by white supremacist groups in America don't fit that definition. They are hate crimes though. The point is, the danger that the crimes pose is the real issue, not whether or not it's terrorism by definition. I feel like a lot of people forget that).
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited April 2017

Call 'em whatever you want, Beavers.

Don't lose the point. A murderer is a murderer is a murderer.

For the record... I think I called both categories idiots with this statement: "Those names you present are definitely idiots of the highest order, but their acts were isolated incidents spread out over great lengths of time. Comparing those acts to the magnitude of the daily atrocities committed by the hands of the Islamic idiots is like comparing tee ball to the major leagues."

(I even called the 'homegrown' variety 'idiots of the highest order'... I sure hope Unsung doesn't get upset and say, "Hey... why are those guys idiots of a higher order and not the other guys?")
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    edited April 2017

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Only that incident marks a long string of violent and disturbing terrorist acts that haven't stopped since.

Hey... if it was the other way around... if white supremacists were running around like a bunch of idiots: tossing gays off towers, blowing public places up, shooting up malls and concerts, beheading people... and Islam had been in a relatively peaceful state (minus a blip here and a blip there)... and Unsung said, "But what about the Air India bombing by that Muslim guy? White supremacists aren't the only terrorists!"

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be well supported around here. It most certainly wouldn't be supported by me, but I have the feeling that it wouldn't be supported by others who make a habit of using the same tactic in reality.

* Good news... the Air India bomb maker has been released from his halfway house! They only killed 311 people.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/air-india-bomb-maker-released-from-halfway-house-now-considered-low-risk-by-national-parole-board-1.3982410
    I also forgot Bush/Cheney. But hey, white, Christian Cheney is running around claiming Russia's meddling in our election is a declaration of war and Bush is, well, painting portraits of a shirtless Putin.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

I also forgot Bush/Cheney. But hey, white, Christian Cheney is running around claiming Russia's meddling in our election is a declaration of war and Bush is, well, painting portraits of a shirtless Putin.
    Warmongers for sure.

Worse than the terrorists given the level of destruction and havoc they are responsible for.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588

Call 'em whatever you want, Beavers.

Don't lose the point. A murderer is a murderer is a murderer.

For the record... I think I called both categories idiots with this statement: "Those names you present are definitely idiots of the highest order, but their acts were isolated incidents spread out over great lengths of time. Comparing those acts to the magnitude of the daily atrocities committed by the hands of the Islamic idiots is like comparing tee ball to the major leagues."

(I even called the 'homegrown' variety 'idiots of the highest order'... I sure hope Unsung doesn't get upset and say, "Hey... why are those guys idiots of a higher order and not the other guys?")
    I call them both terrorists, but if you notice, there's a pretty large group in the US that will shy away from calling domestic terrorists, terrorists. That probably would take away from fear based manipulation about those scary brown people who belong to a different religion.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Warmongers for sure.

Worse than the terrorists given the level of destruction and havoc they are responsible for.
    Sorry bud, we can't call Cheney and Bush terrorists without adding Obama and nearly every other President.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

St Petersburg terrorist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current argument started based on Islamic extremism attacks outside of the US. I just mentioned that we have not seen as many in the US partly due to geographical borders and intel focusing on terrorist organizations. If we had completely open borders and did not attempt at vetting, I do think that islamic terrorism would pose a much greater threat than all of the other combined. That's just me speculating, though. And yes, you do seem to be minimizing the global threat of Islamic terrorism and the twisted ideology that creates it. And do not read that to mean that I'm saying Islam itself is a twisted/violent idealogy, but the kind of Islam that preaches that one should participate in Jihad and martyrdom most definitely is twisted and violent...and are probably not isolated to one or two countries. We are fortunate to live in a place that is geographically disconnected from the main hubs.
    edited April 2017
    How do you think I am minimizing the global terror threat by what I said, unless you are just making stuff up and applying it to me just because? I didn't say a single thing that would suggest I'm minimizing that threat. I am simply talking about something within a particular context instead of focusing on global Muslim extremist terror. Not talking about the threat doesn't equal minimizing it. It just means I'm not talking about that right now. Putting specific things in perspective doesn't mean minimization.
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, apparently the only kind of terrorists that exist any more are Muslim terrorists. Everyone else are just idiots. ;)
    (but seriously, terrorism fits a particular and oft debated definition, and I would say that most crimes by white supremacist groups in America don't fit that definition. They are hate crimes though. The point is, the danger that the crimes pose is the real issue, not whether or not it's terrorism by definition. I feel like a lot of people forget that).
    http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619

Brilliantati©
    Taking into account the world's population, a mere drop in the bucket.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/11774-number-terror-attacks-worldwide-dropped-13-2015

Brilliantati©
    Anyone know what the terror alert level is that must be scrolling along the bottom of faux new's channel? Be afraid, very, very afraid.

Brilliantati©
  • Anyone know what the terror alert level is that must be scrolling along the bottom of faux new's channel? Be afraid, very, very afraid.

Nobody is afraid just because they speak against the idea of idiot terrorists blowing people up. I don't give terrorism a second thought and don't eye 'brown people' suspiciously in any setting. What I do though, is express my disgust at such ignorance when it presents itself. Are people calling you afraid because of your noted and slightly obsessive apprehension towards Donald Trump? Is the guy really going to be so awful that he'll assuredly mark the rapid decline of the US... or is it a matter of his deplorable character that has you in a tizzy?

Is it your wish that media doesn't even broadcast such events because they're just 'drops in the bucket'... or that, in the event the media does broadcast such events, people just shrug their shoulders with a "meh"? I mean, you're really going out of your way to try and demonstrate terrorism... in particular, Islamic terrorism... is really nothing at all anyone should concern themselves with.

If I've misread your intentions, can you please explain what you're hoping to achieve by attempting to thwart sentiments lamenting the current reality- one in which features Islamic terrorists routinely blowing people up or shooting them (among other things)?
  • PJ_Soul said:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619
    To the link... again... it speaks to the fact that, in America, you are much more likely to die from an sti or alcoholism. So what?

It also says that, in America, you are far more likely to die from a routine gun murder than a terrorist event. Well duh. Yah. And that's why gun control is such a hotbed issue.

And unless I never read very well... it doesn't really specify what constitutes a terrorist act. Exactly what types of events have they used to compile their data? We've been through comparing blowing up abortion clinics where someone was working later to armed men shooting concert goers. As deplorable as the abortion clinic examples are... the extreme nature of the latter variety is concerning at most and inspirational for discussion at the very least.

And for the record... this isn't about hating brown people as is so often inferred around here. As this thread can attest to... Islamic terrorists are killing other Muslims more than they are killing anyone else. This pisses me off just as much as when the victims are fair skinned: French people or Syrians dying at the hands of f**king lunatics is unacceptable (as trivial as such events are made out to be).

Anyone know what the terror alert level is that must be scrolling along the bottom of faux new's channel? Be afraid, very, very afraid.

Nobody is afraid just because they speak against the idea of idiot terrorists blowing people up. I don't give terrorism a second thought and don't eye 'brown people' suspiciously in any setting. What I do though, is express my disgust at such ignorance when it presents itself. Are people calling you afraid because of your noted and slightly obsessive apprehension towards Donald Trump? Is the guy really going to be so awful that he'll assuredly mark the rapid decline of the US... or is it a matter of his deplorable character that has you in a tizzy?

Is it your wish that media doesn't even broadcast such events because they're just 'drops in the bucket'... or that, in the event the media does broadcast such events, people just shrug their shoulders with a "meh"? I mean, you're really going out of your way to try and demonstrate terrorism... in particular, Islamic terrorism... is really nothing at all anyone should concern themselves with.

If I've misread your intentions, can you please explain what you're hoping to achieve by attempting to thwart sentiments lamenting the current reality- one in which features Islamic terrorists routinely blowing people up or shooting them (among other things)?
    Drop the word "Islamic" from in front of terrorism and just condemn all "terrorism." Something some people only seem to be outraged by, which is when it's conducted by "islamists" or in the name of "Islam."

Who's in a tizzy? Sheesh.

Brilliantati©

PJ_Soul said:

To the link... again... it speaks to the fact that, in America, you are much more likely to die from an sti or alcoholism. So what?

It also says that, in America, you are far more likely to die from a routine gun murder than a terrorist event. Well duh. Yah. And that's why gun control is such a hotbed issue.

And unless I never read very well... it doesn't really specify what constitutes a terrorist act. Exactly what types of events have they used to compile their data? We've been through comparing blowing up abortion clinics where someone was working later to armed men shooting concert goers. As deplorable as the abortion clinic examples are... the extreme nature of the latter variety is concerning at most and inspirational for discussion at the very least.

And for the record... this isn't about hating brown people as is so often inferred around here. As this thread can attest to... Islamic terrorists are killing other Muslims more than they are killing anyone else. This pisses me off just as much as when the victims are fair skinned: French people or Syrians dying at the hands of f**king lunatics is unacceptable (as trivial as such events are made out to be).
    And isn't that the defense the pro-gun crowd likes to spew? That the number of deaths attributable to guns, or more precisely, people with guns in comparison to the overall population and the number of gun owners it's a relative drop in the bucket. In this big wide world, you should be more concerned with getting in a car or being struck by lightning. Or with Tumps executive order that Overturned Obama's mentally ill from legally buying guns. There's my tizzy.

Brilliantati©