Options

Heart broken

Comments

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Proof that one person's trash is another's gold, lol. Personally I've felt that BS and LB showed a growth and maturity in their songwriting and lyrics (actually, it goes back to Into The Wild, but that's EV solo, so doesn't really count, lol).

So, basically, everyone commenting here is right, I think there's a saying about opinions that might apply, lol...
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    hmmmm..seems world tour next year coming...what ever "world" means to pj,cos aint playing to all continents..
    gonna need ton of money next year..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,754

hmmmm..seems world tour next year coming...what ever "world" means to pj,cos aint playing to all continents..
    gonna need ton of money next year..

Not Jeff or Matt, they can start taking retirement distributions penalty free next year!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,481

Proof that one person's trash is another's gold, lol. Personally I've felt that BS and LB showed a growth and maturity in their songwriting and lyrics (actually, it goes back to Into The Wild, but that's EV solo, so doesn't really count, lol).

So, basically, everyone commenting here is right, I think there's a saying about opinions that might apply, lol...

Spot on, it's all subjective.

FWIW, I think there are some gems on LB and I don't hate BS, they just aren't my favorite albums by the band. It is what it is.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited March 2017
    We all already know it's all subjective, right? Safe assumption, I don't see why everyone has to keep qualifying what could only be an opinion in the first place. What else would it be?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Part time band with full time fans
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

so now the band doesn't like each other? jesus, I thought I had heard everything on this forum. people have this romantic idea that band members need to hang out and be best friends, even 25 years in. that's just not feasible. people change, circumstances change, passions change; are you best friends with the same 4 people for a quarter century? I'm not. creative outlet or not, the same group of 5 people just don't remain a gang of best friends for that long. I'm sure they still love making music together, but they also love doing other things, and there's nothing wrong with that. And I'd rather them get together every few years to make great music together than get together every year to make sub-par music together that they aren't excited about. The live show would SUCK.

im proud to say myself and my closest friends have been raising hell since 1st grade. nothing has changed between us in over 30 years. so i have to say youre wrong with this highlighted statement. but i agree, we are a rare breed.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    The Backspacer and Lighting Bolt hate gets out of hand around here, if Sirens was on Vitalogy I bet everyone would love it!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited March 2017
    Agreed. I have lost and gained many friends over the years, but I do have one small core group who have been close friends for 20 years and counting. I can't see us ever not being friends.
    Although I never thought the band were all best friends. When they talk about each other they refer to feeling like they are like family, and also work together, which really isn't the same thing as 5 BFFs.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    So who's gonna win the game of 'I'm the most right?'
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

So who's gonna win the game of 'I'm the most right?'

you are
  • Options
    thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    wnh1977 said:

Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are probably the least favorite albums amongst most die-hard fans...

If Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are among the least favorite, and I agree that they are, then what do we have to show for the last decade? I thought they were very similar, somewhat interchangeable...
    I asked myself this question. If Backspacer and Lightning were the band's first two albums, would I be a big fan? No. Would I still listen? Probably. The Stones haven't been good for about 35-40 years. Neil Young is hit or miss these days. I find it unlike PJ will ever re-capture the Ten through Yield period. But they don't have to because they did it in the first place! Guess that's why they are in the RNR Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    BTW - two of my favorite PJ songs in last ten years are Ole and Let The Records Play! B)
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

BTW - two of my favorite PJ songs in last ten years are Ole and Let The Records Play! B)

+1!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2017
    Has anybody tried the Premium North Pacific Cod Sandwich from Wendys?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    my2hands said:

Has anybody tried the Premium North Atlantic Cod Sandwich from Wendys?

tastes like chicken
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    my2hands said:

no, but I do like the Frosty!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

my2hands said:

tastes like chicken
    At least that's what Burger King said ;)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    my2hands said:

I don't eat fast food

What am I missing?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

so now the band doesn't like each other? jesus, I thought I had heard everything on this forum. people have this romantic idea that band members need to hang out and be best friends, even 25 years in. that's just not feasible. people change, circumstances change, passions change; are you best friends with the same 4 people for a quarter century? I'm not. creative outlet or not, the same group of 5 people just don't remain a gang of best friends for that long. I'm sure they still love making music together, but they also love doing other things, and there's nothing wrong with that. And I'd rather them get together every few years to make great music together than get together every year to make sub-par music together that they aren't excited about. The live show would SUCK.

im proud to say myself and my closest friends have been raising hell since 1st grade. nothing has changed between us in over 30 years. so i have to say youre wrong with this highlighted statement. but i agree, we are a rare breed.
    you took that one statement out of context of the bigger point i was making.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

wnh1977 said:

Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are probably the least favorite albums amongst most die-hard fans...

If Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are among the least favorite, and I agree that they are, then what do we have to show for the last decade? I thought they were very similar, somewhat interchangeable...
    I asked myself this question. If Backspacer and Lightning were the band's first two albums, would I be a big fan? No. Would I still listen? Probably. The Stones haven't been good for about 35-40 years. Neil Young is hit or miss these days. I find it unlike PJ will ever re-capture the Ten through Yield period. But they don't have to because they did it in the first place! Guess that's why they are in the RNR Hall of Fame.
    this is how i choose the music i listen to now. if it's a band i loved years ago, am i liking their current output for the quality of it, or is it partially due to the band i loved a long time ago?

with pj, i still like their music. 3 stinkers for me on lb, but beyond that, love all of it.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I'm sort of confused. Do most bands do something every single year? I feel like they don't, especially older bands. I guess I don't pay that much attention.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ok all of my joking aside they're a bunch of multi-millionaires in their 50s. They're not going to be too keen on hitting every market when they have kids and wives and so many interests. This has all been said before.

They were veterans with a "comeback hit" when Last Kiss happened and that was 18 years ago! Im just happy they're still around. Anything they give at this point is a bonus.

And yes the Wendys Cod Sandwich is amazing.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

sensational. but i thought that cod was from the north pacific?
  • Options

you took that one statement out of context of the bigger point i was making.
    your context seemed pretty clear, but what do i know? i know that Wendys Cod Sandwich is sensational....
  • Options

Ok all of my joking aside they're a bunch of multi-millionaires in their 50s...

True. I'd be surfing all day too.

• Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    Is the Wendy's cod sandwich really legit?
  • Options
    eRock10 said:

if you enjoy fresh cod, look no further

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    my2hands said:

Part time band with full time fans

Aren't most bands part time?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    StixumStixum Chicago, IL Posts: 32

eRock10 said:

if you enjoy fresh cod, look no further

Oh... My... Cod...
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - NY 2
    2012 - Music Midtown
    2013 - Charlotte, LA 1, LA 2, Wrigley
    2014 - St Louis, ACL Fest 2
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Columbia, Ottawa, Toronto, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, San Fran 2 (TOTD), LA (TOTD)
    2017 - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018 - London 1, London 2, Padova, Seattle 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2021 - Ohana 1
    2022 - Las Vegas, Nashville, St. Louis
    2023 - St. Paul 1, St. Paul 2, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Noblesville