Options

Heart broken

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    to whom ever said they weren't political at their shows i can only tell what i witnessed in pittsburgh in 06 after the bush fallout when they were wonding the vans checking for potential bombs underneath and all through their vehicles. maybe they don't feel like putting themselves or their families in danger. but with that said the reason i said they may not like each other is when i saw the band in one van and eddie in another,separately. in pemberton i was told by someone backstage eddie showed up by his own limo. they may not be close away from the shows which may be very healthy, and when they get together on stage it all comes back, its just getting them there that to me is the issue. i saw the police in 83 backstage all arrive separately. hang out separately and before there was any talk of splitting up i said to my buddy in the record labels room that they were going to split up. not every circumstance is the same and i'm not saying they are splitting up.
  • Options
    jxchamb1jxchamb1 Posts: 82
    Glad I got to see them in Fenway. No PJ in 2017 will be sad but it'll just make it that much sweeter when they go back out.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    foodboy said:

to whom ever said they weren't political at their shows i can only tell what i witnessed in pittsburgh in 06 after the bush fallout when they were wonding the vans checking for potential bombs underneath and all through their vehicles. maybe they don't feel like putting themselves or their families in danger. but with that said the reason i said they may not like each other is when i saw the band in one van and eddie in another,separately. in pemberton i was told by someone backstage eddie showed up by his own limo. they may not be close away from the shows which may be very healthy, and when they get together on stage it all comes back, its just getting them there that to me is the issue. i saw the police in 83 backstage all arrive separately. hang out separately and before there was any talk of splitting up i said to my buddy in the record labels room that they were going to split up. not every circumstance is the same and i'm not saying they are splitting up.

Not the comment I would have expected from the username Foodboy based on the last page or two, but that's cool.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Happy that I had a favorable schedule last year and was able to see them while I could... it will be a long year without the band, but I hope it means big things in 2018!
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    edited March 2017

Proof that one person's trash is another's gold, lol. Personally I've felt that BS and LB showed a growth and maturity in their songwriting and lyrics (actually, it goes back to Into The Wild, but that's EV solo, so doesn't really count, lol).

So, basically, everyone commenting here is right, I think there's a saying about opinions that might apply, lol...

i thought Backspacer was great. Short songs, to the point. Melodies that work. Just straight up great music.

LB, good, but seems a little forced.
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

BTW - two of my favorite PJ songs in last ten years are Ole and Let The Records Play! B)

don't be difficult. or do. its the Porch
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    These guys deserve rest whenever they want it
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Wow!! That girl sounded amazing. Beautiful version.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    vaggar99 said:

Proof that one person's trash is another's gold, lol. Personally I've felt that BS and LB showed a growth and maturity in their songwriting and lyrics (actually, it goes back to Into The Wild, but that's EV solo, so doesn't really count, lol).

So, basically, everyone commenting here is right, I think there's a saying about opinions that might apply, lol...

i thought Backspacer was great. Short songs, to the point. Melodies that work. Just straight up great music.

LB, good, but seems a little forced.
    I love backspacer
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Well the good news - the year's almost a quarter gone.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    dear merkin baller does saying the mcrib sucks fit better. went for great doughnuts in niagara falls ontario tonight afrter seeing ray lamontagne. i know my food and music.
  • Options
    foodboy said:

dear merkin baller does saying the mcrib sucks fit better. went for great doughnuts in niagara falls ontario tonight afrter seeing ray lamontagne. i know my food and music.

Love Ray Lamontagne....... please tell me you got Timbits.
  • Options
    no i went to the most awesome place called country fresh doughnuts. but believe it or not people line up for the wonton soup. its like a seinfeld episode. but people swear by it.one guy came in and ordered 32 soups to go. place is open 24 hours. its a must. the doughnuts were the best i have had in 50 years. they were like home made. no crap or preservatives. soft fluffy doughnuts that didn`t sit like lead. ray lamontagne was incredible. a totally acoustic show . just him and a stand up bass. he doesn`t do many accoustic shows . last time i saw him was with my morning jacket backing him up sans jim.
  • Options
    dear merkin baller . i like your style. but stay off the timbits.
  • Options
    foodboy said:

dear merkin baller . i like your style. but stay off the timbits.

:D