Recent Wave of Immigrant Arrests - What Does it Mean?

1789101113»

Comments

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    geez, he's aged about as gracefully as Stewart
  • He's looking rough for sure.

Maybe he's trying to get into character so he might better understand the hillbilly? I dunno.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

He's looking rough for sure.

Maybe he's trying to get into character so he might better understand the hillbilly? I dunno.

I've wondered if he is participating in a life long "supersize me" type of experiment.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2017
    So we've devolved into a conversation about how Michael Moore is fat and unattractive, as though it matters? Wtf?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    PJ_Soul said:

So we've devolved into a conversation about how Michael Moore is fat and unattractive, as though it matters? Wtf?

It's just a natural transitional step to discussing the Wendy's and Taco Bell menus.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:

Hey, why not, nothing is relevant to the original topic anyways, lol
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hey, why not, nothing is relevant to the original topic anyways, lol
    Lol, true enough.
    I wonder how those terrifying door to door ICE raids in immigrant communities are going? I haven't heard anything about it for while now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    let me get a McPick 2
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wendy's Premium North Atlantic Cod Sandwich is legit
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    my2hands said:

Wendy's Premium North Atlantic Cod Sandwich is legit

love it...
    Now this pescatarian is interested.
  • Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, honestly, I am going to have to try it now! Not on a Friday, though, I don't eat fish on Friday because I don't want people to think I am a delusional cultist.
    I'm only half joking lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168

logic. hahaha. banning 7 nations that have never exported a terrorist to america but not banning ones that have is "logic". telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body is "logic". telling people who they can and can't love is "logic". telling CITIZENS of the country that their travel priveleges are being reevaluated because of a petty piece of shit president is "logic". tweeting that the former prez bugged you and refusing to provide evidence and asking congress to waste money investigating nothing is "logic". telling the citizens that a fucking wall is going to keep the US rape- and murder-free is "logic". telling the world that china is behind the climate change "hoax" is "logic".

give me a fucking break. there's no logic. it's power through oppression and financial manipulation.

your liberal babble is over flowing, have a beer and a few taco's, you'll feel better.
    here's a thought: try to dispute what I said instead of the nonsensical grade-school insults.
    because there is no point to arguing our points, neither you or I will budge on our stance, the only thing we agree on is telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body, but with that in mind if your wife/girlfriend was pregnant with your child would it still be an issue of "her body" or "your child" ? are you willing to kill your unborn child because she has the right to do as she wishes with her own body ?
    just to be clear, it would not be my concern what your wife/girlfriend decided to do with her body but it would however be yours..yes ?

no, it's not a "stance". you can't argue the things I mentioned above are a result of logic. they simply are not.

my wife and I discussed these types of issues long before it was an issue. she is pro choice, but has stated she would never get an abortion (catholic), I am pro choice.

if it came down to it, and if I had been with someone who got pregnant and wanted to have an abortion and I didn't want that, I'd be devastated, and I'd do everything in my power to convince her otherwise, but ultimately, I cannot force someone else to do something with their body they do not want.
    Your wife is a Catholic AND pro-choice?
    rgambs said:

Yeah, honestly, I am going to have to try it now! Not on a Friday, though, I don't eat fish on Friday because I don't want people to think I am a delusional cultist.
    I'm only half joking lol

how about shellfish, pork or a slice o cheese on your burger?
    wuts the diff between halal and kosher meat, not a whole hellof a lot Ismael and Isaac. =)
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rssesq said:

rgambs said:

I'm only half joking lol

how about shellfish, pork or a slice o cheese on your burger?
    rssesq said:

wuts the diff between halal and kosher meat, not a whole hellof a lot Ismael and Isaac. =)

Is Judaism the only thing you ever think about?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2017
    j1kotwic said:

logic. hahaha. banning 7 nations that have never exported a terrorist to america but not banning ones that have is "logic". telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body is "logic". telling people who they can and can't love is "logic". telling CITIZENS of the country that their travel priveleges are being reevaluated because of a petty piece of shit president is "logic". tweeting that the former prez bugged you and refusing to provide evidence and asking congress to waste money investigating nothing is "logic". telling the citizens that a fucking wall is going to keep the US rape- and murder-free is "logic". telling the world that china is behind the climate change "hoax" is "logic".

give me a fucking break. there's no logic. it's power through oppression and financial manipulation.

your liberal babble is over flowing, have a beer and a few taco's, you'll feel better.
    here's a thought: try to dispute what I said instead of the nonsensical grade-school insults.
    because there is no point to arguing our points, neither you or I will budge on our stance, the only thing we agree on is telling a woman what she can and can't do with her own body, but with that in mind if your wife/girlfriend was pregnant with your child would it still be an issue of "her body" or "your child" ? are you willing to kill your unborn child because she has the right to do as she wishes with her own body ?
    just to be clear, it would not be my concern what your wife/girlfriend decided to do with her body but it would however be yours..yes ?

no, it's not a "stance". you can't argue the things I mentioned above are a result of logic. they simply are not.

my wife and I discussed these types of issues long before it was an issue. she is pro choice, but has stated she would never get an abortion (catholic), I am pro choice.

if it came down to it, and if I had been with someone who got pregnant and wanted to have an abortion and I didn't want that, I'd be devastated, and I'd do everything in my power to convince her otherwise, but ultimately, I cannot force someone else to do something with their body they do not want.
    I don't find that hard to believe. There are a lot of moderate Catholics out there who don't expect other people to obey Catholic dogma.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203

PJ_Soul said:

It's just a natural transitional step to discussing the Wendy's and Taco Bell menus.
    The double decker crunch wrap,gonna go get one now.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    j1kotwic said:

yes, and her dad, who is near 80, is a Knight of Columbus, and supports marriage equality.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The group of liberal Catholics is pretty large.
    unsung said:
    which part?
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    which part?
    Just a guess, but probably the part about how Trump supporters will boycott MLB because of foreign players.
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    which part?
    Just a guess, but probably the part about how Trump supporters will boycott MLB because of foreign players.
    Why shouldn't they? Them foreigners are taking our jobs! Good paying ones, no less.
    CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    which part?
    Why shouldn't they? Them foreigners are taking our jobs! Good paying ones, no less.
    I assume you are being facetious.
    edited April 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    which part?
    compliments will get you nowhere
    CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

PJ_Soul said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:
    which part?
    compliments will get you nowhere
    Lol