Tool

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    got great seats for Fairfax, side stage 2nd row off floor. TM did their usual crap, no seats, rear seats, nosebleed, no seats, then release a bunch of good ones.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    I got Fairfax as well! Sec 103. Stoked!
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    call ticketmaster or use the app or your computer - try all avenues!!!!
    edited March 2017
    I pulled of a pair on the app and by calling in for Detroit
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    I'm still pulling decent pairs for Bangor after 10:40.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Shut out in Pittsburgh. Not even a shitty pair to throw back
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Snagged a nice pair for the Bangor show! Definitely camping near there for the weekend.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited March 2017
    *SOLD* I also have an extra Bangor ticket in section 3 for face value if anybody needs one.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    If anyone needs for Hamilton - have a pair in 118 and one in 108. Still trying to decide which to keep!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited March 2017
    I have an extra pair for Bangor In section 8 if anyone's interested.

Just looking for face, plus the TM fees.

I also have an extra Bangor ticket in section 3 for face value if anybody needs one.

Section 3, good for you, I ended snagging a pair in section 4, seats 5&6. I would have preferred a middle section, but at least I'm close to the aisle.

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    Fuck you work! I completely forgot. Looks like I did not miss much...see you soon Stub Hub!
    edited March 2017
    Only 1 pair for the lawn now showing for Bangor. That gives me hope of unloading my second pair.

Now to figure out how to tell my wife that I'm spending Memorial Day going to concerts without her. :s

(disclaimer, she's awesome about going to PJ shows with me, and has no problem w/ me doing road trips w/ buddies - a friend & I went down to Philly for TOTD 1 - a lot of people wouldn't be cool about their SO doing things like that, I'm very fortunate! She struggles w/ music as aggressive as Tool's however, so I won't even try to bring her, although she would love the visual aspect)
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048

(disclaimer, she's awesome about going to PJ shows with me, and has no problem w/ me doing road trips w/ buddies - a friend & I went down to Philly for TOTD 1 - a lot of people wouldn't be cool about their SO doing things like that, I'm very fortunate! She struggles w/ music as aggressive as Tool's however, so I won't even try to bring her, although she would love the visual aspect)

That is EXACTLY my wife before this tour was announced and she knows Tool is my second favorite band...but she actually wants to come. I'm very suspicious of her motives...because although we will listen to Pearl Jam together...Tool has always been reserved for my alone time!
    FrankY59 said:

That is EXACTLY my wife before this tour was announced and she knows Tool is my second favorite band...but she actually wants to come. I'm very suspicious of her motives...because although we will listen to Pearl Jam together...Tool has always been reserved for my alone time!
    I think my wife kind of wants to go for my sake, because she knows how much I value these shows & doesn’t want to hold me back. She’s seen images from their live show and knows she would love that part of it (she’s a graphic designer), but aggressive music like theirs tends to make her anxiety worse. I know for a fact that she won’t be able to handle most of their songs.

I would feel bad that she’s uncomfortable and would want to help ease her anxiety, but if I’m worried about her, I won’t be able to let go & lose myself in the experience of seeing this band. (I think we can all agree there are fewer things better than getting lost in the barrage of music & imagery at a Tool show)

I wish things were different, but I just don’t think I can entertain the notion of taking her, it just wouldn’t work out.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I had a meeting but luckily have good friends, scored two for Pittsburgh in section 125, third row!

FrankY59 said:

I think my wife kind of wants to go for my sake, because she knows how much I value these shows & doesn’t want to hold me back. She’s seen images from their live show and knows she would love that part of it (she’s a graphic designer), but aggressive music like theirs tends to make her anxiety worse. I know for a fact that she won’t be able to handle most of their songs.

I would feel bad that she’s uncomfortable and would want to help ease her anxiety, but if I’m worried about her, I won’t be able to let go & lose myself in the experience of seeing this band. (I think we can all agree there are fewer things better than getting lost in the barrage of music & imagery at a Tool show)

I wish things were different, but I just don’t think I can entertain the notion of taking her, it just wouldn’t work out.
    This is interesting as my girlfriend struggles to be around "aggressive music," and it's something I haven't thought of much before, especially with Tool. They are heavy, but I don't find them to be really heavy metal band.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • FrankY59 said:

Take a buddy.

I'm selective with which shows I go to with the wife- she's not into music as much as I am.

You don't want to be wondering how she's doing. You want to be enjoying the moment.

Do something else with her. She'll understand. She'll likely be grateful given your passage.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Vitalogensia, I guess its all relative. I don't find them that heavy either, but there is an extra intensity to them, and they're heavier than she's comfortable with, which is what it comes down to (not that I think you were questioning it)

Thirty, you're spot on, she does understand, and she knows I want to enjoy the experience which would be impossible if I'm worried about her. Like I said, I'm very fortunate that my wife understands how passionate I am about my favorite bands & their live shows.

We'll work a visit to her parents in, as they live in Portland & her cousin from there is going to take my spare. It's going to work out great.
  • Vitalogensia, I guess its all relative. I don't find them that heavy either, but there is an extra intensity to them, and they're heavier than she's comfortable with, which is what it comes down to (not that I think you were questioning it)

Thirty, you're spot on, she does understand, and she knows I want to enjoy the experience which would be impossible if I'm worried about her. Like I said, I'm very fortunate that my wife understands how passionate I am about my favorite bands & their live shows.

We'll work a visit to her parents in, as they live in Portland & her cousin from there is going to take my spare. It's going to work out great.

Perfect.

Have a great time. I'm envious. I can feel their music right to my core- they're awesome.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Maybe heavy is not describing their music correctly.....How about dark?

I'm in the same boat, PJ and TOOL are my top two bands. I've traveled for both. She loves PJ but with TOOL she gets different. The music and imagery, although she says is great, scares her. She'll see some weird art and say something like.... That's some TOOL shit right there. She loves Maynard's voice.

She appreciates what they mean to me but she'll skip a show with no regrets whatsoever.

Would dark rather than heavy describe their music better? Either which way.....Send me a show to the northwest....That Gorge mention was a cruel tease!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....

Maybe heavy is not describing their music correctly.....How about dark?

I'm in the same boat, PJ and TOOL are my top two bands. I've traveled for both. She loves PJ but with TOOL she gets different. The music and imagery, although she says is great, scares her. She'll see some weird art and say something like.... That's some TOOL shit right there. She loves Maynard's voice.

She appreciates what they mean to me but she'll skip a show with no regrets whatsoever.

Would dark rather than heavy describe their music better? Either which way.....Send me a show to the northwest....That Gorge mention was a cruel tease!!

Heavy would probably be the first word I would think of if someone asked me to describe Tool. Compared to Meshuggah, no they aren't very heavy, but as compared to mainstream music, they definitely are.

It's all subjective of course, but I definitely think 'heavy' is an appropriate description.

I listened to Eulogy driving home from work a few minutes ago, it had been a while. I would love it if they brought that song out for this tour, it's literally been 20 years (& 9 shows) since I've seen them play it live, and it's easily one of my favorite Tool songs.
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192

Section 3, good for you, I ended snagging a pair in section 4, seats 5&6. I would have preferred a middle section, but at least I'm close to the aisle.

That's awesome MB. I'll be in section 4 in Bangor, too. I was able to snag pretty good seats after trying several times on Ticketmaster. Had much better luck with my iPhone than my desktop for some reason. I guess it's all random but my desktop wasn't giving me any chances. Looking forward to catching these guys in my home state and near my old college days stomping grounds. Cool to hear other 10C'ers will be there, too!

"How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
    edited March 2017
    Fixer13 said:

That's awesome MB. I'll be in section 4 in Bangor, too. I was able to snag pretty good seats after trying several times on Ticketmaster. Had much better luck with my iPhone than my desktop for some reason. I guess it's all random but my desktop wasn't giving me any chances. Looking forward to catching these guys in my home state and near my old college days stomping grounds. Cool to hear other 10C'ers will be there, too!

Ha! I got seats 5&6 too, what row? (I snagged row 11!) I too wanted section 2 or 3, but like you said, at least we're close to the aisle.

I threw back some tix high up in section 6, and was then kicking myself for not taking them thinking it would have been my only shot. After a few more tries, I got a pair in 8, and grabbed them. I kept looking & found the pair in 4 and took those too, hence my extra pair. (they are still available for face & fees if anyone is interested)

Around 11:00, I was still peeking, and saw a pair in section three, close to the middle around 4th or 5th row, they were part of the hotel package for $340 - $130 for a double occupancy room is a steal, I was regretting not looking into one of those packages once I saw the seat location.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625

I also have an extra Bangor ticket in section 3 for face value if anybody needs one.

PM sent. Does anyone know what time Tool will be coming on? I think the tickets say 7:00pm but is that when doors open and do they have an opener that night? I have a wedding I am going to in the day and am trying to pull this off somehow.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I don't really want to promote the overpriced VIP package but if anyone really wants to go and would prefer to avoid buying from scalpers it appears they are still selling VIP tickets.

https://www.fullscreendirect.com/Tool/store
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    I don't think "dark" is a better tag than "heavy," but for the average radio music listener, they'd definitely be much darker than such people are used to. I wonder if "odd" is a good way to describe them, too. It took me a while to get into them, even though I liked the sound, it was almost too...complex?...layered?...for me to really get into one. Once I did though, fully devoted fan. But to someone that just listens to pop music, they'd probably hear a song and think, "This is really dark and heavy and weird."
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    I would do the VIP experience for Pearl Jam in a heartbeat
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192

Fixer13 said:

Ha! I got seats 5&6 too, what row? (I snagged row 11!) I too wanted section 2 or 3, but like you said, at least we're close to the aisle.

I threw back some tix high up in section 6, and was then kicking myself for not taking them thinking it would have been my only shot. After a few more tries, I got a pair in 8, and grabbed them. I kept looking & found the pair in 4 and took those too, hence my extra pair. (they are still available for face & fees if anyone is interested)

Around 11:00, I was still peeking, and saw a pair in section three, close to the middle around 4th or 5th row, they were part of the hotel package for $340 - $130 for a double occupancy room is a steal, I was regretting not looking into one of those packages once I saw the seat location.
    I'm just a couple of rows in front of you (row 9)! I almost locked up tix in section 1 but something didn't work during checkout. A few other times it put me way in the back. When I hit a good row in section 4, I decided to lock them up. I didn't see the hotel package seats but good to know. I was hoping they would use a GA pit section next to the stage (had a great time in the pit when Arcade Fire played in Bangor a few years ago) but I can't complain about a chance to see Tool live!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    I got my ticket for the Tool show in Rosemont. Can't wait. This show is one week before the Iron Maiden show in Tinley Park.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

edited March 2017
    Red Lukin said:

I don't really want to promote the overpriced VIP package but if anyone really wants to go and would prefer to avoid buying from scalpers it appears they are still selling VIP tickets.

https://www.fullscreendirect.com/Tool/store

If I had missed out on tix, but was determined to go (& didn't want to spend the VIP prices), I would be checking TM every day @ 10:00. Any unsold VIP tickets will eventually be offered up by TM.

Last spring I got a great Iggy Pop seat about three weeks after the initial on sale (a show that 'sold out' within minutes). I'm not sure when those tickets dropped, I just saw someone mention it on this forum, and I grabbed one.

EDIT: There are usually ticket drops the week of the concert too. When Tool last played in Boston 5 years ago, I checked TM the week of just for kicks, and saw a few decent seats that were suddenly available (this was another show that sold out in minutes). For those that missed out last week, don't give up, keep checking!
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    VANCOUVER!
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13