Tool

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,390
    BV84003 said:

my2hands said:

BV84003 said:

Haven't seen Tool since 2012! I plan to do Pittsburgh. If anyone happens to get a pre-sale code (assuming there is a pre-sale of course), I'd appreciate a heads up!

If you're a ToolArmy member, there's a VIP presale tomorrow afternoon - I think $500 for a premium seat/meet and greet, maybe a $300 version without the meet. Any leftover stock from that will go to public sale afterwards. I don't think they do any presales for regular tickets anymore unfortunately.
    That's pretty weak
    Tool army was a ripoff. They offered presale ticket access as a perk, but since joining around '07 / '08, I've never seen one presale for regular tickets, only the absurd VIP packages which isn't worth it IMO.
    TA used to be wayyy better when it first started. They actually would have real presales and a working message board. And it was just a one-time fee to join. Apparently now it's an annual fee? Screw that.

This band still refuses to sell their music digitally, so it only makes sense that their website looks like it's about 15 years old as well.
    I thought it was a lifetime membership. That's ridiculous. I can't fathom paying a fee for the opportunity to buy insanely overpriced VIP packages. At least in Pearl Jam's case you get the best seat locations at a few bucks less than face.
    After just checking the site, It looks like the regular toolband shop is also restricted to current TA members, I can't log in. I can still log into TA under my password, but no shop access. (Not that I'm looking to buy more merch from any band, if anything I'm looking to unload, but its the principal involved).

It's pretty amazing how non-fan friendly this band is. The music & live experience keep bringing me back, but God damn they don't make it easy.
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275

Tool might have the worst website for any band I frequently check out, too.

Agreed, I could give a shit about Volto at the Baked Potato.
    Hilarious! or Monday night jamz.
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360

BV84003 said:

my2hands said:

BV84003 said:

Haven't seen Tool since 2012! I plan to do Pittsburgh. If anyone happens to get a pre-sale code (assuming there is a pre-sale of course), I'd appreciate a heads up!

If you're a ToolArmy member, there's a VIP presale tomorrow afternoon - I think $500 for a premium seat/meet and greet, maybe a $300 version without the meet. Any leftover stock from that will go to public sale afterwards. I don't think they do any presales for regular tickets anymore unfortunately.
    That's pretty weak
    Tool army was a ripoff. They offered presale ticket access as a perk, but since joining around '07 / '08, I've never seen one presale for regular tickets, only the absurd VIP packages which isn't worth it IMO.
    TA used to be wayyy better when it first started. They actually would have real presales and a working message board. And it was just a one-time fee to join. Apparently now it's an annual fee? Screw that.

This band still refuses to sell their music digitally, so it only makes sense that their website looks like it's about 15 years old as well.
    I thought it was a lifetime membership. That's ridiculous. I can't fathom paying a fee for the opportunity to buy insanely overpriced VIP packages. At least in Pearl Jam's case you get the best seat locations at a few bucks less than face.
    After just checking the site, It looks like the regular toolband shop is also restricted to current TA members, I can't log in. I can still log into TA under my password, but no shop access. (Not that I'm looking to buy more merch from any band, if anything I'm looking to unload, but its the principal involved).

It's pretty amazing how non-fan friendly this band is. The music & live experience keep bringing me back, but God damn they don't make it easy.
    Yeah, they're honoring old memberships to be lifetime, but they changed over to another company a couple years back. That might be why you can't access the store. You might have to link the accounts together or something? They don't make it easy at all. I've never ordered a physical product from their store ever since I ordered a pricy signed Lateralus vinyl way back in like 2006 and it never showed up. They wouldn't even respond to emails. I ended up just having my Credit Card company reject the charge.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    FrankY59 said:

Woooooooooooh Detroit! I remember they played a warm up gig here before a major tour. It was at the then State Theatre, a 2000 seat venue. I think it helps Maynard lived in Michigan briefly.

Hands down still one of the best concert going experiences I have ever had.....went there that day with a buddy with no tickets or expectations......spoke with Danny and Justin outside the show before soundcheck, made friends with security, and watched as many friends "connected" with the band got turned away because tickets were scarce.....just as we were about to give up hope, security told us to wait a minute and out pops this guy....turns out he was Tool's tour manager.....security had tipped him off to us being out there all day....he peeled off 2 tickets and told us to enjoy the show.....as soon as I turned around, someone offered me $200 for my ticket....to quote "Hush", I told him "go fuck yourself" lol....great show!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited March 2017

FrankY59 said:

Woooooooooooh Detroit! I remember they played a warm up gig here before a major tour. It was at the then State Theatre, a 2000 seat venue. I think it helps Maynard lived in Michigan briefly.

Hands down still one of the best concert going experiences I have ever had.....went there that day with a buddy with no tickets or expectations......spoke with Danny and Justin outside the show before soundcheck, made friends with security, and watched as many friends "connected" with the band got turned away because tickets were scarce.....just as we were about to give up hope, security told us to wait a minute and out pops this guy....turns out he was Tool's tour manager.....security had tipped him off to us being out there all day....he peeled off 2 tickets and told us to enjoy the show.....as soon as I turned around, someone offered me $200 for my ticket....to quote "Hush", I told him "go fuck yourself" lol....great show!
    Great story. I was in the balcony second row center. I have a flyer from the show framed and hanging on a wall in my office.

What's up with your ID?

Post edited by FrankY59 on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853

BV84003 said:

my2hands said:

BV84003 said:

That's pretty weak

So true!

I tried to PM other members with no avail.

Tried to navigate the site and didn't get very far.

Wrote a few times to inquire where my sweatshirt is for joining and have never received a reply, nor said sweatshirt.

$500 is enticing for a great seat, swagbag and meet and greet even if it is just with Adam.

I'm curious if I can get a ticket tomorrow.

BV84003 said:

my2hands said:

BV84003 said:

That's pretty weak

So true!

I tried to PM other members with no avail.

Tried to navigate the site and didn't get very far.

Wrote a few times to inquire where my sweatshirt is for joining and have never received a reply, nor said sweatshirt.

$500 is enticing for a great seat, swagbag and meet and greet even if it is just with Adam.

I'm curious if I can get a ticket tomorrow.

Toolband.com posted something tonight...... for lifetime members, it may be as simple as registering a new password w/ the shop, it doesn't sound like you have to pay another fee.

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

Don't take my word for it.... I haven't gone through the steps yet, but it's there for you to check out if interested.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited March 2017
    Why is VIP $499.98...not an even $500? Just curious. If someone actually gives them $500...would they really get 2 pennies in change?
    Post edited by FrankY59 on
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    I hope for that price that the ticket to the show is included...no mention of possible seat location.....love Adam but price kind of steep if its just for a chance to ask him a question and get a possible picture
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Gorge would be freaking awesome!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....

I hope for that price that the ticket to the show is included...no mention of possible seat location.....love Adam but price kind of steep if its just for a chance to ask him a question and get a possible picture

I don't think there are any photo opportunities. According to the fine print, you have to turn your cell phone over before entry to the Q&A.

Yeah, it includes a ticket to the show, but you probably won't know the seat location until you pick up the tickets at will call. I assume they would be among the very best the venue has to offer. At least it should be for that price.

It would be nice if Justin or Danny made an appearance too, as well as Adam. Maynard would never do anything like that, but I'm surprised he doesn't have a wine tasting like he usually does with Puscifer and APC shows. It does say a photo opportunity is included too, but I have no idea how that works. Maybe a photographer takes your pic and sends it to you later?

I've never done the VIP before, but I'm gonna try for Detroit today. Tool isn't a band that comes around often, so I might as well splurge.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
    BV84003 said:

Yeah, it includes a ticket to the show, but you probably won't know the seat location until you pick up the tickets at will call. I assume they would be among the very best the venue has to offer. At least it should be for that price.

It would be nice if Justin or Danny made an appearance too, as well as Adam. Maynard would never do anything like that, but I'm surprised he doesn't have a wine tasting like he usually does with Puscifer and APC shows. It does say a photo opportunity is included too, but I have no idea how that works. Maybe a photographer takes your pic and sends it to you later?

I've never done the VIP before, but I'm gonna try for Detroit today. Tool isn't a band that comes around often, so I might as well splurge.
    I missed the line about the photo op..... my bad.

Is the soundcheck also part of the VIP package? (Something else Maynard bails on, what else is new)
    That would be cool regardless, any time you can see Danny Carey play in person is pretty awesome.

Good luck getting tickets!
  • Their site sucks for sure, but I joined quite a while ago and never renewed- discovering that I didn't have to (my old log in works and I'm an active member still).

Love this band, but agree with many posters here about the frustration one can experience loving this band.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Well that was a joke. Credit Card kept getting declined despite having way more than enough room, and despite my authorization after my phone yelled at me about fraud protection getting set off due to a huge purchase attempt. Guess they're not getting my money. Found a season ticket holder selling their dead center row J-VIP tickets for half of what Tool wanted, so I just went with those. I'll just bring a bottle of Caduceus to the parking lot and have my own VIP party haha.
    BV84003 said:

Well that was a joke. Credit Card kept getting declined despite having way more than enough room, and despite my authorization after my phone yelled at me about fraud protection getting set off due to a huge purchase attempt. Guess they're not getting my money. Found a season ticket holder selling their dead center row J-VIP tickets for half of what Tool wanted, so I just went with those. I'll just bring a bottle of Caduceus to the parking lot and have my own VIP party haha.

Cadueces is very sweet to me. I had the 08 Naga and it wasn't cheap. I'm curious to try it again but it's tough to find on the east coast.

So, my TOOL membership must have been grandfathered in too because I was able to get in after renewing my password, so that's nice. Now if I want to travel 8hrs and spend $500 on a VIP ticket I'm golden!

BV84003 said:

Cadueces is very sweet to me. I had the 08 Naga and it wasn't cheap. I'm curious to try it again but it's tough to find on the east coast.

So, my TOOL membership must have been grandfathered in too because I was able to get in after renewing my password, so that's nice. Now if I want to travel 8hrs and spend $500 on a VIP ticket I'm golden!
    Yeah I think the FAQ says anyone signed up before Nov 2015 is grandfathered in for lifetime. I would've gladly given them money, but I'm content with what I ended up doing. DTE is such a horrible place to score good seats to at face value anyway. I'll never forget what EV had to say about it in 2003 and it's no surprise at all that PJ 's never been back since.

I can second that the 2008 Naga was a great vintage. I think I might still have an 09 hanging around. I could say Naga and Kitsune are probably my two favorite Caduceus wines. We make it a point to have a Judith every New Years and while that one is great too, it's pretty much double most of his other wines. He's got wines for a fraction of the price that are quite fine. I'm a sucker for anything with Sangiovese though, and I've even gotten hooked on some Tempranillo thanks to his club, too.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited March 2017

I thought 10,000 Days was kinda lackluster. But I'll still buy the new album (if it ever happens) on release day.

Give it another listen. Focus particularly on the drums on Right in two and Rosetta Stoned. You might see the album a little differently.
    Those are 2 of the 5 songs I actually dig (w/ Vicarious, Jambi, The Pot). To me the album just seemed to have a lot of filler. Too much ambience, too little screaming Maynard.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Anyone know how much normal tickets will be tomorrow? I thought I had seen $89 on Ticketmaster, but that info isn't there anymore. Don't want to plan how many tickets to get right when the gates open.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Anyone know how much normal tickets will be tomorrow? I thought I had seen $89 on Ticketmaster, but that info isn't there anymore. Don't want to plan how many tickets to get right when the gates open.

pretty sure they are $90, that is what I saw too
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    So Tool is on Sunday at Gov's Ball. I'm going to go to that.
    edited March 2017

Any other notable acts that day?

I don't love spending $120 just to see Tool at Boston Calling, but at least there are a couple other acts I'll try to see while there.

EDIT: If Royal Blood is the same day I'll be jealous. I'm desperate to see those guys, and had hoped they would be doing BC also.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on

I don't love spending $120 just to see Tool at Boston Calling, but at least there are a couple other acts I'll try to see while there.

EDIT: If Royal Blood is the same day I'll be jealous. I'm desperate to see those guys, and had hoped they would be doing BC also.
    I'm not sure about Boston as this is for NYC!

Royal Blood, Whiz Khalifa, Phantogram, Cage the Elephant and Franz Ferdinand are all notable that day.

I'm not sure about Boston as this is for NYC!

Royal Blood, Whiz Khalifa, Phantogram, Cage the Elephant and Franz Ferdinand are all notable that day.
    I'm aware, I was curious who else was on the Sunday bill for Governor's ball....... Good for you, as mentioned I am dying to see RB, and I wouldn't mind catching CTE or FF.

Boston Calling has Weezer & Run The Jewels on the same day as Tool - I wouldn't go out of my way to see them on their own, but I'll definitely head in a bit earlier to catch those guys.
  • VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    Good luck today to those going for tickets!
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    I think I'm going to try for Bangor tix........ my wife's probably going to murder me or divorce me, or possibly both, but they don't come to New England too often, and I don't think I'll be getting on a plane for this band again.

2 consecutive nights of Tool will probably be redundant as they don't change the set much, but I really don't want to miss one of their solo shows in NE if I can help it.

F it, YOLO or something, right?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Do you expect this to be a typical Ticketmaster clusterfuck, or do you think we'll get tickets easily.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

RS151862 said:

Do you expect this to be a typical Ticketmaster clusterfuck, or do you think we'll get tickets easily.

IDK - I'm hoping Bangor might not be a huge draw, but a Saturday night for Memorial Day weekend? I don't know what to expect.

Good luck.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Good luck to everyone!! It's TOOL, it will be a cluster....
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
    Yup, no regrets with finding an early season ticket holder unloading on stubhub. Lawn is all that's pulling up and TM already blocked me on the website. Such a joke.